He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #20 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:41 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Sup.

It's been a while.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #103 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:23 am

In post 90, POTUS wrote:Raise your hand if you think you discarded the one the worst picked out for you

We almost definitely did

.D---.
J U-U

pedit: no we're not lynching invis thank u
Uh, I hope the worst didn't pick a role that useless for me.
In post 22, CheekyTeeky wrote:Hey SS welcome back!
Hi! It hasn't actually been that long (about 2 months)... but it's been a long 2 months :P

I hope you still remember enough about my meta to know that I would rather eat several hats than pick scum!
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #123 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:03 am

In post 121, Aristophanes wrote:This isn't an egopost I swear...
Right... :shifty:

As long as it means you don't lurk out, I'm okay with it :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #164 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:43 pm

In post 163, CheekyTeeky wrote:It'd be funny if I was the only towny in a sea of 3p.
Very funny indeed if the mod forgot about the >50% town rule.

*sidelong glance at Ari*
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #166 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:45 pm

In post 162, BNL wrote:So Shock are you saying you chose a 3p role?
I think it's just their reasoning for why they threw away a role that converts 3ps.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #174 (isolation #5) » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:27 pm

Voting the mod is clearly a scum distraction!

VOTE: the worst for great justice!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #207 (isolation #6) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:53 am

In post 187, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Has someone been bullying our little ducky friend?
Oh no, I'm just defending your honor :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #226 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:44 am

RCE is someone who scumreads my playstyle, I would say-- except I don't think I've even said anything of substance, so maybe he doesn't like my discard.

Of course, scumreading someone for playstyle and refusing to grade on a curve is correlated with not liking to admit that you're wrong, which is correlated with not explaining things if you don't feel like it.

So maybe we'll never know.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #243 (isolation #8) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:21 pm

In post 230, lane0168 wrote:The only people that would want to lynch me is scum and town lacking in logic
Basically everybody, then :P
In post 242, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 226, Something_Smart wrote:RCE is someone who scumreads my playstyle, I would say-- except I don't think I've even said anything of substance, so maybe he doesn't like my discard.

Of course, scumreading someone for playstyle and refusing to grade on a curve is correlated with not liking to admit that you're wrong, which is correlated with not explaining things if you don't feel like it.

So maybe we'll never know.
I've just got a good sniffer :wink:
When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #255 (isolation #9) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:36 am

In post 249, Invisibility wrote:i just realized lane could have seen an epic 3rd party role and snatched it up im gonna cry
Guess it comes down to what alignment he prefers playing. For this to be true, he'd have to have gotten a third party role and another role that is good as third party, AND he'd have to prefer having that role as third party to having it as scum.

In my very limited and very not-current experience with him, I feel like he doesn't like scum as much so this is POSSIBLE. But it's pretty damn unlikely.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #276 (isolation #10) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:31 am

In post 268, Invisibility wrote:these dont factor 3rd parties

town
town ez
town

scum
scum ez
scum

town
scum are either town and discard a scum role or scum and discard either a scum role or town role
scum

town
town either town and discard the scum role or town or scum that discarded a town role
scum

so i dont think it actually means that
You can look at it from another perspective though.

Imagine there was someone who would take scum every time they were offered it, no matter what.

If they discard a scum role, it proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are scum. If they discard a town role, they could have drawn 3 town roles.

Now, clearly nobody is like that because not all roles are the same strength. But one thing we do know about everyone who discarded scum is: they definitely had the option to have their current role as scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #277 (isolation #11) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:31 am

Also, unintentional first post because I didn't read the last page :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #282 (isolation #12) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:47 am

In post 280, RCEnigma wrote:If you have an eli read on someone then this is relevant, otherwise it is conjecture and doesn't get us closer to any informed decisions.
It doesn't get us any further away.

Also, the tell works in reverse. Since it's proven I COULD take town, anyone who knows me will tell you that I WOULD. So get that vote off ;)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #285 (isolation #13) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:07 am

VOTE: RCE
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #295 (isolation #14) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:27 am

In post 293, RCEnigma wrote:The topic of picking to win the game over playing for fun was brought up and SS' role has the power to STOP SCUM FROM WINNING THE GAME. if I take that into consideration then the likelihood of choosing a role or alignment that is more fun than impactful becomes higher in my mind. I may be projecting but that says 3p or scum to me, strike 2.
Your logic about fun versus impact is mostly correct. (I also just considered the low likelihood that I would survive as that role, knowing that I'd have to fakeclaim in massclaim or else die.)

However, you are projecting. Not everyone prefers scum. I HATE playing scum.

Unless you think I'm scum with Cheeky and Ari and they decided to lie about my meta and hope that nobody else knew it, that has already been proven. I can dig up quotes if you really want me to, but I shouldn't have to.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #299 (isolation #15) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:12 pm

In post 298, CheekyTeeky wrote:SS can you win with the town?
Uh... yes?

I am town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #321 (isolation #16) » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:56 am

From what I remember about him, that's typical lane.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #366 (isolation #17) » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:18 am

In post 359, ceejayvinoya wrote:VOTE: Carcalilly

I found scum
Which of her, like, five serious posts gave you that impression?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #433 (isolation #18) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:25 am

I read that ceejay post, immediately interpreted it as not serious, saw two people treating it as serious, went back and read it, and still can't see it as being serious.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #437 (isolation #19) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:42 am

He literally said his sanity isn't guaranteed, so even if it is real, it's not a hard guilty...

Also I might recall some roles existing that were day/night cops where the day part and the night part have different sanities. Let me check that real quick.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #439 (isolation #20) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:51 am

Okay, so Ircher had some cops where the sanity was different on even and odd nights, and I guess that was what I was thinking of.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #491 (isolation #21) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:20 am

In post 482, RCEnigma wrote:What makes a cop with unverifiable sanity powerful in Grand Mafia?
Nothing. But the sanity will almost certainly be verified eventually, and it will provide a wealth of information when it is.
In post 486, POTUS wrote:and like i don't think cops even get guilties on non-mafia factions (like sk or werewolf or alien etc)
Depends. I think the Grand Idea standard is that they don't, but I know that the Normal definition is that they do.

@Mod: Would someone whose role is "Cop" get results in the form "Mafia"/"Not mafia", "Town"/"Not town", or would it depend on the specific post the role came from?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #495 (isolation #22) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:12 pm

I think I know the hangman. I'm like 80% one answer, 15% a different possible answer, and 5% I'm totally wrong.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #508 (isolation #23) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:34 am

Does anyone know whether NicoRobin prefers town or scum?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #512 (isolation #24) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:14 am

In post 510, ceejayvinoya wrote:infinite dayvig jester
ಠ_ಠ
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #539 (isolation #25) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:42 am

From the one game I've played with him I don't recall him being especially serious or especially jokey.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #614 (isolation #26) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:32 am

In post 611, Invisibility wrote:he’s a jester maybe
:igmeou:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #625 (isolation #27) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:13 am

In post 623, ceejayvinoya wrote:I'm claiming survivor
ok enough with the joke claims please and thank you.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #635 (isolation #28) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:56 am

What happens if a lynch on you is achieved?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #641 (isolation #29) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:42 pm

You're crazy
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #651 (isolation #30) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:50 pm

The headbanging avatar makes it even better. :lol:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #697 (isolation #31) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:53 am

In post 685, Eragon wrote:i agree somethingsmart gave up great town utility
No. Think about it. That role's only good if you get through LYLO without ever claiming. Which means you either have to make a bullshit claim and hope nobody calls you on it, or you have to just not claim and hope that you're somehow given hammer anyway.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #699 (isolation #32) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:54 am

In post 696, Carcalilly wrote:can you explain why retracting claims is beneficial to town?
Towny does not equal pro-town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #701 (isolation #33) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:55 am

In post 698, Carcalilly wrote:are we even sure we have a lyncher or could this be an excuse for flailing scum .-.
Occam's razor says it's more likely a crackpot town theory than either of those
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #712 (isolation #34) » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:52 am

In post 709, BNL wrote:
In post 699, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 696, Carcalilly wrote:can you explain why retracting claims is beneficial to town?
Towny does not equal pro-town.
SS, I don't like this. You are answering for someone else, but this question has nothing to do with discerning someone's alignment.
I'm not answering, I'm addressing what appears to be a fallacy implicit in the question. Cheeky said it was towny, and Carca responded by asking why it was pro-town, which isn't the same thing.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #774 (isolation #35) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:44 am

In post 722, RCEnigma wrote:Didn't Vax replace lane? ARE WE LOSING OUR MINDS?!?
LOL
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #775 (isolation #36) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:47 am

In post 749, BNL wrote:UNVOTE: Vax

Wait I'm not sure I want to lynch someone who discarded a powerful scum role
Yeah, no shit.

Hey,
question to everyone who voted Vax:
did any of you remember that he replaced lane?

(I'll admit that I totally didn't.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #780 (isolation #37) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:57 am

As a Team Mafia teammate of both members of Shock Value I can tell you they are both averse to being scum when they have a choice.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #788 (isolation #38) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:03 pm

^bad vote
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #849 (isolation #39) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:22 am

In post 824, BNL wrote:Okay maybe I can probably buy this, but I have a question here SS: I find a lot of your posts being theoretical talk rather than alignment talk. Also, are you still scumreading RCE?
1. Welcome to playing with me. ;) I don't form a lot of reads day 1 in a regular game and I'm even more wary of doing so in a pick-your-alignment game.

2. I actually never was scumreading RCE; I just wanted him out of the game if he was going to be so stubborn and arrogant. He's gotten better, but I still think I'd prefer to lynch him than any of the other players in consideration (although I am beginning to lean toward testing the unlynchable claim).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #851 (isolation #40) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:27 am

In post 828, theslimer3 wrote:
In post 674, Eragon wrote:What makes vax’s lynch useful

Barring he flips scum of course
In post 720, Eragon wrote:majority is 7?

VOTE: Vaxkiller

L-2
In post 721, Vaxkiller wrote:sigh
Because we'll hit scum
In post 842, CheekyTeeky wrote:Im currently scumreading RCE, Vax and GNL.
Vax discarded the perfect scum role...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #860 (isolation #41) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:59 pm

Ceejay's the unlynchable survivor.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #983 (isolation #42) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:34 am

A50. Survivor's an alignment, not a role.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1000 (isolation #43) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:22 am

VOTE: ceejay
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1004 (isolation #44) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:42 am

In post 1002, Almost50 wrote:
In post 983, Something_Smart wrote:A50. Survivor's an alignment, not a role.
Well, that's a technicality. Since it's a lone player then they have their own faction = alignment. Still, the wiki defines it as a "3rd party role"
I mean, it's relevant in a game where you get your alignment and role separately. It means that is wrong; assuming he's telling the truth, he got mafia faction counter, survivor, and town lynchproof/mafia lynchproof/etc.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1006 (isolation #45) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:47 am

an alignment is equivalent to a win condition. town alignment = you win when you eliminate all threats to the town, mafia alignment = you win when the mafia control the town, etc.

survivor is a wincondition: "you win if you are alive when the game ends" which means it's an alignment. not a role.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1014 (isolation #46) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:26 am

There is no such thing as a survivor that isn't third party.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1017 (isolation #47) » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:15 am

Ceejay said his sanity wasn't guaranteed. If sane and insane were equally likely, "guilty" and "innocent" would be equivalent and neither would be more likely to be scum than the other. Even if they're not equally likely, they're still both possible and what matters is that Carca thought they were both possible.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1049 (isolation #48) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:38 am

In post 1039, RCEnigma wrote:Ss wasn't on the Ceejay wagon Afaik but is still my top scumspect.
still no reasons given...
In post 1046, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 1045, Simeon wrote:VOTE: Vaxkiller

Case: Reasons
This is me
You think Vax discarded ninja strongman as scum?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1065 (isolation #49) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:00 am

In post 1050, ceejayvinoya wrote:Strong mafia discard =/= town
Right, and anything that doesn't prove that he's town 100% beyond a doubt should be totally disregarded... :igmeou:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1066 (isolation #50) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:01 am

Yes, Eragon, you're guaranteed to get whatever you pick.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1073 (isolation #51) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:03 am

Oh yeah, I have a N0 guilty on Eragon btw :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1098 (isolation #52) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:54 am

In post 1075, RCEnigma wrote:For example your vote hasn't moved. If you aren't up for evaluating slots outside of your non scumread early game vote then what reason is there for me to read you as town?
I'm voting ceejay currently. With no scumreads I want to test the lynchproof claim.

And I am evaluating slots. Cheeky, Shock, and Vax are all town. I'm not shouting reads to anyone who will listen because I now better than to be overconfident. If you want to know how I feel about any specific player... there's a very simple way to find out. Ask ;)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1140 (isolation #53) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:01 am

In post 1100, RCEnigma wrote:How do you feel about any of the players that aren't Ceejay?
I mean, the amount of effort I can put into any one read is inversely proportional with the amount of reads you ask for, so... you get what you pay for.

Shock and Cheeky are town because they wouldn't take scum.

Vax is town or benign 3P because he wouldn't pass up that role as scum.

You (RCE) are so arrogant and hardheaded it makes you impossible to read. Players like that can play exactly the same way as scum as they do as town.

Carca is town for taking a role that she thought would reveal her alignment.

A50 and POTUS are efforting. Drawing undue attention as scum in a multiball game is a good way to get crosskilled, so they get slight townleans. Eragon as well.

Ceejay claimed survivor. Furthermore, he claimed lynchproof survivor. If he does happen to be jester we should just let him win to get him out of the game as he'll never be NK'd, otherwise he seems like the definition of "we lose nothing by lynching them".

The rest (Invisibility, slimer, BNL) I don't remember anything about and will have to ISO.

I do recall Invisibility's recent vote on me being mystifying, but I don't think he's known as a strong town player so that may just be bad town. After skimming ISO, he feels pretty genuine and uninhibited, so unless he has a very above-average scumgame (some meta from anyone who knows him would be nice) he's lean town, contingent on him NOT having a scumgame capable of what I just described. If he does, he is by definition null.

BNL's feels genuine. He doesn't seem to be pushing agendas and he seems to be contributing useful comments. Townlean.

I don't know how slimer plays and I don't have any impression of them before ISO'ing. Without the benefit of either of those things, pretty sure anything I pick up on would be noise rather than signal. Null.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1149 (isolation #54) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:09 pm

In post 1141, RCEnigma wrote:So you're OK with achieving Ceejay's wincon if he's jester, but not if he is survivor?
He claimed lynchproof. Lynching him isn't denying him his wincon as survivor.

Also, I'm indifferent in both cases. But if he's jester, he's not going to allow TOWN to achieve its wincon while he's alive, and therefore he needs to be out of the way in any case.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1154 (isolation #55) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:45 pm

1. Town can win while mislynching all their strongest roles too, it doesn't mean it's a good idea.
2. Yeah but if we never lose majority then by definition we have won. And if we do lose majority, then it's too late to do anything about it.
3. It's not an immediate threat, but now is definitely the time when we have the least information and thus the least other useful things to do.
4. If you're already planning to kill him eventually, why are you opposed to doing it today?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1202 (isolation #56) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:51 pm

If you had to die at night... why would you claim survivor. :shifty:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1244 (isolation #57) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:39 am

POTUS had five members and not one of them thought to crumb... :?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1251 (isolation #58) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:34 am

In post 1246, RCEnigma wrote:It's not, and knowing who was jammed isn't AI.
It's equivalent to a tracker no-visit result. It decreases the probability that someone's scum by roughly 1/(average scumteam size).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1253 (isolation #59) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:45 am

It means you didn't attempt a kill.

By the way, did you know you were going to dolphin-flip as bulletproof?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1254 (isolation #60) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:47 am

You're right, it has no significance in isolation. But as soon as anyone claims any information about what happened last night, it's not in isolation anymore.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1322 (isolation #61) » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:57 pm

Two pages and a day and a half since my last post and nothing worth responding to.

Other than asking Cheeky what options prompted her to pick town traitor, but, well, I can't do that now :?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1392 (isolation #62) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:56 pm

In post 1390, Chara wrote:so it's that kind of game.
Yup.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1394 (isolation #63) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:24 pm

I haven't seen anything worth talking about in a while, so that's probably why.

Want to give me something? ;)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1399 (isolation #64) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:34 pm

I think the answer should be something along the lines of "townblocking".

Carca, Chara, Vax, you are my townreads. If I'm added to that, in theory we only need one more. BNL and Invisibility are both maybes.

Unfortunately, that doesn't really give any guidance on who to lynch.

In my mind mind, I'm kind of converging on slimer because I just can't for the life of me keep an opinion on him. I know this has happened to me with scum players before and so it might be indicative of a scum under-the-radar style. (Probably not, but it's possible. I'd peg slimer as > rand chance of being scum for that reason.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1469 (isolation #65) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:22 am

In post 1460, Eragon wrote:I don’t see what sort of “result” would require a claim

A tracker/watcher claim maybe
Cop no

Is there anything else?
You're the only one who's qualified to answer this. It's got to be something that he thinks you might contradict. If you can think of some info he might have like that, you should claim it. If not... well, shame on you Vax for misplaying this.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1529 (isolation #66) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:29 am

In post 1487, Vaxkiller wrote:If I claim, I can't do this again, it ruins part of the checking equation.

I did this because you claimed anti-claiming mechanics, and I was able to pseudo check for that, then you said your role was complicated and that made no sense with waht I was seeing.

Your acting like I outed the cop. Why didn't you just claim your (current) ability, why did you beat around the bush? I feel like you debating weather or not to lie so you could use your ability for bad.
you outed the vig
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1531 (isolation #67) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:31 am

In post 1519, Carcalilly wrote:VOTE: vax

So you're just not gonna give us the results? :"/
no stop it

don't forget his discard
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1555 (isolation #68) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:28 pm

In post 1544, Carcalilly wrote:
In post 1531, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1519, Carcalilly wrote:VOTE: vax

So you're just not gonna give us the results? :"/
no stop it

don't forget his discard
you realize scum discard ≠ definitely not scum
not just scum discard, he discarded what is very likely the strongest scum role he was given.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1557 (isolation #69) » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:52 pm

In post 1556, BNL wrote:SS do you think Vax's predecessor's discard makes him locktown for you in
all
circumstances?
No, but it makes him not a lynch candidate for now.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1587 (isolation #70) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:33 am

In post 1562, Carcalilly wrote:What if Vax is some obscure 3p?
What if he is?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1589 (isolation #71) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:26 am

His role is confirmable...?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1608 (isolation #72) » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:38 am

VOTE: slimer
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1657 (isolation #73) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:40 am

In post 1656, the worst wrote:
Something_Smart (1) : RCEnigma, theslimer3
mistake or is somebody voteless?

fixed.. I'm bad :oops:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1665 (isolation #74) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:33 pm

In post 1654, Xtoxm wrote:Took me a while to logic this out but I believe shock is non town. He is a double lyncher. This is a very low utility role for town (high chance of basically being vanilla depending on setup), and can only be town initially according to the grand idea thread. He discarded search and rescue, which is decent utility for town. This means he picked his alignment from a 3rd unknown role. Search and rescue has zero utility to anything that isn't town, so choosing non town alignment makes sense for discarding it.
you're a rolecop?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1673 (isolation #75) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:35 pm

In post 1670, Shock Value wrote:Oh lol it was Cop, I just checked :lol:
you did not.

discard.

cop.

:neutral:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1683 (isolation #76) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:57 pm

the thing about that, A50, is that there are dozens of town cop roles, and probably only one (or maybe two) of that role. Even if they'd use third party cop for their alignment 100% of the time and town cop for their alignment only 10% of the time, they're still more likely to be town.

And... Ari is a great guy, but he's not known for always preferring the mechanically correct choice :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1710 (isolation #77) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:27 pm

In post 1709, Chara wrote:i'm voting Shock Value for play.
y tho
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1711 (isolation #78) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:40 pm

V/LA Friday - Sunday.

I should still be able to post once a day though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1714 (isolation #79) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:51 pm

Wow I didn't think it was possible for you to explain that with something that made even less sense... :roll:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1770 (isolation #80) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:32 am

Checking in, doesn't seem like much has happened.

I don't see slimer as especially likely to flip scum, but we wouldn't be losing a strong role anyway, and the Shock votes continue to be bad.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1805 (isolation #81) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:11 am

In post 1790, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1789, Eragon wrote:
In post 1787, Eragon wrote:Ok I blocked shock, so he is like 99.9% confirmed town
Should expand

99.9% confirmed double lynched/no ability

Which makes him confirmed not mafia/killing/harmful neutral
Why not Mafia
who didn't shoot Vax
?
You think they were double bussing for shits and giggles?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1806 (isolation #82) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:17 am

In post 1799, Almost50 wrote:That's exactly why I asked. You said you blocked them. How do you know you didn't block whatever ability they had? RB's do not get confirmation they successfully blocked an action.
Because if they had attempted an action they'd be dead. Eragon's the backup, remember?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1820 (isolation #83) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:04 am

hmm

I don't know who I want to lynch today

it might be RCE's time to go, he doesn't have a useful ability and xtoxm/eragon both do.

A50 might not be a bad vote either... I forget, did he claim?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1823 (isolation #84) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:37 am

In post 1822, Shock Value wrote:RCE is still town so *shrugs*
Who's scum then, other than Eragon and Xtoxm?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1826 (isolation #85) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:55 am

I townread Carca because I think she genuinely thought her dolphin flip would reveal her alignment.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1830 (isolation #86) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:59 am

In post 1829, Chara wrote:an RC scumread would need to explain his slimer vote, the timing doesn't look like bussing to me.
multiball?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1835 (isolation #87) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:34 pm

In post 1832, Almost50 wrote:Where's the 2nd NK??
Who knows? Duplicate kills, bulletproof, doc/RB... hell, there might even be a cult.

A priori multiball is extremely likely in grandest idea. After two nights of only one kill, it's less likely, but still a possibility.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1837 (isolation #88) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:00 pm

Duplicate kill just means two teams killing the same person.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1895 (isolation #89) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:19 pm

In post 1867, BNL wrote:Isn't the much simpler answer "Why wouldn't he kill/action if he could?"
I mean, they could be goon/odd-night/anything passive (probably double lyncher, since Xtoxm confirmed that's their role) on a team with someone else who made the kill.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1917 (isolation #90) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:27 am

I haven't been neglecting the game just literally have nothing to say.
VOTE: A50
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1925 (isolation #91) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:17 pm

why not A50?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1929 (isolation #92) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:41 pm

I wouldn't say it's scummy, but it's a pretty A50 move regardless of his alignment. It doesn't do him any favors and this way we know we're not lynching a PR.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1936 (isolation #93) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:09 am

I've never played with scum-him, but I'm doubt he would shy away from doing that given that he loves doing it as town.

And also, I wouldn't call his claim "premature." If you look at it from a "never claim until you're at L-1 and there is intent," then yeah it is, but a lot of people have claimed this game without being under that much pressure. (I think even slimer wasn't at L-1 when he claimed.) If he had already planned to claim town godfather, and he saw some votes start to develop on him, it makes sense for him to claim earlier before he gets run up, to try to divert the votes onto someone else.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1937 (isolation #94) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:11 am

In post 1934, BNL wrote:Maybe Carca should be off my townpool as well, I thought his D1 thing was really town but it’s been 2 Days since then so *shrug*
I mean, time passing doesn't make a towny thing less towny, nor does it raise the threshold for "amount of total towny material someone needs to have to be considered town." If she's done scummy things in the meantime, then it would make sense, but she hasn't as far as I remember.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1944 (isolation #95) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:55 am

In post 1939, Almost50 wrote:I'll disregard all your speculation about what I'd do if I was scum, but the bolded interests me. Why would anyone plan to claim Town Godfather? I mean, for all practical purposes I am a named VT with no night action and I don't fear being "jammed" by Eragon, so why not claim a VT? Why not something more interesting like Commuter or PGO even.
If you're a mafia godfather and you know that there's a rolecop in the game...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1945 (isolation #96) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:56 am

In post 1940, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 1936, Something_Smart wrote:I've never played with scum-him, but I'm doubt he would shy away from doing that given that he loves doing it as town.

And also, I wouldn't call his claim "premature." If you look at it from a "never claim until you're at L-1 and there is intent," then yeah it is, but a lot of people have claimed this game without being under that much pressure. (I think even slimer wasn't at L-1 when he claimed.) If he had already planned to claim town godfather, and he saw some votes start to develop on him, it makes sense for him to claim earlier before he gets run up, to try to divert the votes onto someone else.
That really only applies to Vt claims
I mean, his claim for all intents and purposes was VT.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1955 (isolation #97) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:14 am

Will you be entirely without access? If so maybe you should find yourself a hydra partner...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1957 (isolation #98) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:20 am

In that case you shouldn't have to claim now, because you can do it later if we ask.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1971 (isolation #99) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:00 pm

Why are you so confident A50 is town?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1979 (isolation #100) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:27 pm

hmmmm
UNVOTE:

It may be time for BNL to claim then.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1980 (isolation #101) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:29 pm

Or we could hang RCE. If anyone had the capacity to clear him as town, they'd have done it already.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1987 (isolation #102) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:09 pm

In post 1984, BNL wrote:There’s a little under 2 days left and I think I’m one of the lynch candidates so I’m going to partially claim: I have a Night action which I intend to use tonight.

I think this will make others want to make me full claim, in which case I will gladly do so.
How would you feel about Eragon vigging you?

It would pretty much confirm him as town and it would remove you from the lynchpool.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1990 (isolation #103) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:29 pm

Not if he wants to be vigged.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1998 (isolation #104) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:56 am

In post 1991, Chara wrote:how would Eragon action-jamming a willing BnL confirm him as town?
Vax already confirmed that Eragon was a universal backup. (Unless Eragon just happened to guess a role that was posted by the same person who posted his real role, which is unlikely as UB is not a common role.)

That means that he can only inherit a power from someone of his same alignment, meaning that he is actually a jammer if and only if he is town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2006 (isolation #105) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:02 pm

What are you talking about? Didn't he just say what their role was?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2019 (isolation #106) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:13 pm

VOTE: Chara
With the info I have, I'm pretty sure it's this or Shock Value/Ari.

Not gonna claim yet, but Xtoxm knows what I am and he should understand what I'm doing.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2020 (isolation #107) » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:16 pm

Oh wait actually.

Xtoxm I really hope you checked Chara, because if she is a traitor she can't be scum that we need eliminated.

UNVOTE:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2038 (isolation #108) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:06 am

In post 2023, Xtoxm wrote:I checked BnL. And got the result.

I do wonder if we've deleted the mafia team, more than 2 feels unlikely from random and a lot of mafia roles were discarded as well.
There's no way this is multiball at this point. So if we got rid of the mafia, then who killed Eragon?
In post 2024, Xtoxm wrote:Why would she be clear if we confirmed her as traitor?
Traitor gets endgamed if they're the last living person on their team.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2039 (isolation #109) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:08 am

In post 2031, Xtoxm wrote:Maybe eragon jammed bnl?
Yes obviously he did, since I suggested it and BNL okayed it. I'm annoyed that you checked BNL given this.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2056 (isolation #110) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:27 am

In post 2048, Aristophanes wrote:Have we done a assclaim yet?
Why do you always have the most perfect typos :lol:

I think I'm the only one who hasn't claimed, and I don't really see what the point would be. Xtoxm knows my role and can confirm that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2058 (isolation #111) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:35 am

Yeah no don't say it. I believe you're a rolecop.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2065 (isolation #112) » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:32 pm

In post 2063, Kokichi Oma wrote:i lynched mafia, i can't be mafia. or can i?
Ah, the RCE gambit, I see.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2077 (isolation #113) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:27 am

In post 2071, Aristophanes wrote:Oh, dod anyone claim the second kill from last night?
It was Eragon...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2103 (isolation #114) » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:57 pm

In post 2097, Chara wrote:should i take this as "if Chara isn't scum, Ari probably is"?
I don't know.

I think there's a good chance Ari is scum, but for ~reasons~ I don't want to lynch him today.

Also I had reasoning for Carcalilly town. She seemed to think that her alignment would also be revealed when she dolphin-flipped.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2118 (isolation #115) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:38 am

In post 2115, Chara wrote:do you think she could fake it?
No clue. All I know is, most people couldn't fake it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2137 (isolation #116) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:37 am

Ugh sorry I don't freaking know what to do here.

VOTE: RCE This is mechanical. Xtoxm checks Chara and can essentially get a hard inno or guilty.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2158 (isolation #117) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:40 am

Nobody's a jester or they'd already have won.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2162 (isolation #118) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:14 pm

I don't really have much motivation to play this game not gonna lie

I just want to hang RCE and then Ari and be done with it
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2167 (isolation #119) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:21 am

Xtoxm, you better check Chara tonight. :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2189 (isolation #120) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:14 am

Perfect!
@Mod: If there were a traitor for a faction whose members were eliminated, would they be endgamed? (Assuming it didn't say anything in the post)

Just to double-check.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2190 (isolation #121) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:15 am

If the answer is yes, though, we won.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2193 (isolation #122) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:25 am

Just for absolute certainty's sake, I want Xtoxm to claim my role, just to prove that he actually knows it. As much as I would like to claim it, it's mechanically better.

Everything will make sense once he does, though. Trust me ;)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2195 (isolation #123) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:38 am

Cool thanks :P

Vengestump is essentially vengeful, with the irrelevant difference that I treestump my target. The thing is, thanks to Ari's double-lyncher power, if I get lynched with Ari on my wagon, I get TWO vengekills. So all we need is one confirmed town to win, and it looks like that's Chara.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2200 (isolation #124) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:59 am

In post 2197, Xtoxm wrote:i assume you've confirmed with mod the 2 kills?
Yep.

You can go ahead and vote me, I won't self-vote until Ari votes me so we make sure not to lynch me before he votes.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2203 (isolation #125) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:32 am

VOTE: Something_Smart
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2239 (isolation #126) » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:57 am

I do think Gamma giving me two kills was a reasonable interpretation of Ari's role, although it is a shame that Xtoxm didn't know.

Also, my understanding of vengeful is that it's closer to a lynch than a vig shot, and so I wouldn't let bulletproof stop a vengekill. But it doesn't seem like there's a standard on that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2249 (isolation #127) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:38 am

In post 24, Gamma Emerald wrote:So, BnL. WHY DID YOU ACT LAST FUCKING NIGHT?
YOU KNEW ERAGON WAS TARGETING YOU. AND YET YOU THOUGHT YOUR TOWN DEATH WOULD HELP? NO MATTER WHAT SCENARIO, YOU LOWER TOWN’S NUMBERS DOING THAT! IT’S AN AWFUL PLAY.
I have lost all respect for your capabilities at mafia.
Okay don't blame BNL for this. He did it because I told him to, and I told him to do it because it would eliminate an unconfirmed player
and
confirm Eragon as town, thus dropping the PoE by two. And while it did move town from odd numbers to even numbers...
In post 28, Gamma Emerald wrote:One thing I’m baffled about (spoilers):
On Day 2 SS asked if Aristophanes role gave them 2 vengestumps and I said yes. SS has done nothing with that info.
I wanted town to be on even numbers so I could get to 4p MYLO and do exactly what I did. ;)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”