Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #31 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:37 am

Post by redtea »

In post 19, Eragon wrote:I claim 13 shot daycop with being able to use as many shots as possible :3 but I won't say the exact details

I don't know anyone here well enough to insta-dance someone ;_;

Sad
Same here, my most viable dance partner backed out. Now who's going to listen to my insufferable circular conjecture?
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:06 pm

Post by redtea »

Going to address all the Moment stuff here instead of picking out quotes.
A naked vote would get everyone's attention.
A vote with one line gets some attention.
While you'll get more people to respond to the first, the second is actually more helpful for scumhunting, because if someone takes issue with the post and vote they have to actually pick at it. The first is fruit hanging so low anyone would snag it, and most are smart enough not to dog on it too much this early in the game while he has few prior posts to draw lines to. Basically, it's cheap.
So it could be a "look scum right away to be forgotten later" tactic. Because anyone who drags it on too long could be seen as nitpicky about early game.
However, considering how short the days are, and this game's mechanics, this might just be too risky to try. Unless he planned to use it to manipulate a gladiator situation.
In post 131, Eragon wrote:im trying to figure out good applications for the dance system.

Option 1:
Spoiler: scum with scum and town alone
We force the scummiest players in the game to dance with another scummy player, so if we decided to lynch we can get 2 birds with 1 stone, or get them killed at night if there would be any town killing roles.
The towniest players wouldn't dance with anyone, to prevent other people from dying if they are killed. I have another option for this but will be option 2.

Basically this option increases the kill potential for town, and could solve the game faster and kill more scum

im not a
huge
fan of this option because i feel it could go wrong too easily

Option 2:
Spoiler: scum with town
The towniest players in the game dance with the scummiest players in the game, on some sort of like list thingy. We can choose to lynch the scummiest player, and then the towniest player dances with the second scummiest player, and so on and so forth.
So if scum want to kill the towny players, they either have to get rid of mislynch opportunities or sacrifice scum

Basically this option is good for PoE. It preserves the life of the towniest players by making it risky for scum to kill them, and later-game we will have townier players alive to help solve

I like this option a lot better
Option 3:
Spoiler: Dance willy-nilly
Literally just for fun and say "F*** you* to the game

this option is for fun and being able to have PT's with people you like

its ok
Option 2 combined with 3 seems best. The structured idea for the rest of the players (either all paired up or every other) doesn't sound bad, but there might be someone in particular you're more interested in having a PT with.
Or do structured D1 and random every day after?
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (isolation #2) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:08 pm

Post by redtea »

Crap
Catching up right now.
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (isolation #3) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:36 pm

Post by redtea »

Since there's no way I can read the rest (pg 21 or so) in 20 minutes, I'll mention I'm going to keep my NL status. It has been demonstrated a few times already that not everyone has read the setup properly, and it is D1. Think he just kind of fucked up in general here. For AP(A50?)'s case, more likely he was trying to get things going in his own way and didn't even expect TGP to decline. I don't SR read him at this point and actually think a NL is best. Would be a shame to throw away his brand of scumhunting so early.

Just more game mechanic talk, but I think the ideal number of pairings is 0 or 2. 3 if there's a particularly strong SR that people want to pair up instead of lynching, for whatever reason.
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (isolation #4) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:29 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 631, LabRat01 wrote: As for the weaker reads, I liked the tone in MCqueen's posts. His idea to get a neighbour chat with slaxx was dumb, but would prob make more sense if it was coming from a townie.
The idea itself would be rather "original" for scum to have btw.
Like, it kinda makes me think that mcqueen could be scum only if all of his teammates were among the inactives. (Cuz otherwise thinking that up would require way more "out of the box" thinking)
I mean, if he's scum and the scum-chat was active, why would he even think of wanting the chat in the first place?
(That's actually a legit question. I'm really considering basing the read on it, cuz the more I think of it, the more sense it seems to make...
I'd really want to hear some opinons on that though)
In post 642, Eragon wrote: I just felt like it was heavy on AtE and kinda forced, as well as the role actually having negative utility(IMO) for town, and super positive utility for scum.
on top of that, it wasn't the "super powerful and important" role he said it was, because as town its basically useless. 95% of the time, PTs will have at least one town in it. So whats the point of having another town being able to read the PT?
If scum does have their own PT, the ability could be used to see if scum was trying to be tricky by trying to pair up with one another.
If scum doesn't, the ability is self-explanatory.
And either way, they can look at PTs with hindsight if either one of the dancers, or both, die. This is less helpful by claiming though, since the PTs were assumed
private.

Anyway, hardly matters now.

Since she's V/LA I might not get an answer but, why wasn't Labrat voting again? I know I fumbled there myself, but I think it *may* not have mattered, depending on if voting NL works like voting for a player.
Also,
In post 631, LabRat01 wrote: And I know I TR most of the players who were active, but the more I think about it, the more I'm starting to believe that the town might have just rolled really well
It's not necessarily the case, so I guess there is a chance of scum being among my weaker TRs, but I really doubt there's more than 1
When there's a few especially active players who all look town, I usually see that as its own pool. Ved would've been/was included in that, but he's since flipped.
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:33 pm

Post by redtea »

Didn't mean to take so long.
Now that he's around again:
Aronis, why are you so set on AP, while most everyone else see him as neutral at worst?
And why not just ISO the two dance partners proposed to you? Me and Kokichi have unfortunately posted very little so far. It would take you less than ten minutes.

What I was going to say before is Aronis hasn't posts enough for me to seriously consider dancing with him for any reason. Currently, I think it seems weird to be so bluntly uninterested. Scum would probably at least try a little.
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (isolation #6) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:15 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 709, Slaxx wrote:We absolutely need to pair because they become lovers and we get two flips, thus increasing the share of pro-town lynches to mafia kills.

Unless I misunderstand something?
I don't understand what you mean.
Are you saying information from what might end up being a S/T lynch would be worth it? Or are you that hopeful in netting S/S, to even out the lovers NK?
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (isolation #7) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:54 pm

Post by redtea »

Here are my more solid opinions.
Spoiler:
Town
Labrat goes without saying.
AP is just here to have a good time but it's not happening. In a more active game he'd probably be making himself more useful.

Neutral-Town
Darkwing's MO looks to be provoking people for reads. Just that sort of scumhunting, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Neutral-Scum
Eeveelution and/or (mostly or) Eragon
Should be more concerned of being a target of scum. Eragon didn't make the dance offer right away. He suggested it, then they took the time to decide who should initiate. If they don't scum read each other, why would they dance and make themselves a target for scum? Why didn't they think about it more, or consult the rest of the players?
Is one of them sure they won't be killed? The only way it makes sense otherwise is if one of them strongly suspects Slaxx/Mcqueen is PR and is trying to draw the NK away.
Eevee of course is a little more suspicious here for not even being wary of offer.

I also still stand by the "one of the more active posters is scum" thing. The general reads do seem to be skewed towards lurkers (including mine), negatively, so I wonder if attention is being diverted from elsewhere. But that sounds like a D3 conversation.
In post 717, LabRat01 wrote:And why do you think aronis is lazy town rather than lazy scum? And if you were to get lynched, who would you dance with?
Well, now he's trying a little more. So once again, I don't know what to make of him. Whether it's just not knowing what to do about the game or he's now posting out of scum-obligation. If I tried to dance with him he would probably reject it, but that's not a reason not to.
If I were to get lynched, I'd dance with one of my (kind of) scum reads (both of which are unavailable until tomorrow) at least to try to draw something out. So failing that, probably Moment, though I'd almost certainly lose the duel.
Dancing with Aronis in that situation might as well be a scum claim.

@Aronis
You are many people's scum read, and neither I nor Koki are especially high on people's lists. Those reads
are
the arguments I think.

Now Slaxx might clarify his post?
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (isolation #8) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:38 pm

Post by redtea »

I do not
want
any claims.

Yesterday we also hoped a new day would reinvigorate people.
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (isolation #9) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:14 am

Post by redtea »

@Slaxx
Spoiler:
In post 736, Slaxx wrote:
In post 711, redtea wrote:
In post 709, Slaxx wrote:We absolutely need to pair because they become lovers and we get two flips, thus increasing the share of pro-town lynches to mafia kills.

Unless I misunderstand something?
I don't understand what you mean.
Are you saying information from what might end up being a S/T lynch would be worth it? Or are you that hopeful in netting S/S, to even out the lovers NK?
I’m saying that if we always pair people up it’s like double day, which is generally beneficial.

Think about it this way, assuming all MLs.

1 Lynch (12)
1 Kill (11)
1 Lynch (10)
1 Kill (9)
1 Lynch (8)
1 Kill (7-Lylo)

3 of each.

Or

2 lynch (11)
1 kill (10)
2 lynch (8)
1 kill (7)

4 lynches
2 kills

Thus taking away mafias influence on the game.
Hm. So the idea here is to pairing up the daily lynch is always beneficial, assuming there are no other pairs for mafia to NK?

To parrot, but in pursuit of someone actually addressing it, I also really do not understand the mcqueen scumreads.
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1040 (isolation #10) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:29 pm

Post by redtea »

Reading the pages I missed from the previous day. What is it we're discussing here other than my impending lynch or not lynch?
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1112 (isolation #11) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:36 am

Post by redtea »

Is the sudden push for ms to pair up more of that math thing? Because if the reads on me are solid, I don't quite understand how it is beneficial other than having a smaller pool to lynch from the next day.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”