Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:52 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

VOTE: Thief Stone

Yea the other two seem kinda anti town. But I'd guess that the ones that seem bad are probably more useful for specific roles.

Also hi people. I haven't played this game in like years but I'm glad I still know some people! This is a cool theme
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:08 am

Post by Aeronaut »

Is this blatant scum's shtick as someone who's named Blatant Scum?
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:07 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 63, wrong fish wrote:I think we just kill people alphabetically until the game ends, then we reinstall the mods alphabetically until it doesnt work - you get the gist

VOTE: Aeronaut
Dong
I respect the objectivity as someone with a D name

Also hey VOTE: Pine
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:58 am

Post by Aeronaut »

UNVOTE:
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (isolation #4) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:37 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Hi people, I'm gonna give my thoughts as quick as I can in case that vote was hammer
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #369 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:53 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Pops and Gobble are definitely town imo. Suj seeming mostly townie I guess, but tbh there is a little bit of fluff that's kinda offputting to me. Qualifying reads, "are you going to contribute yet" posts etc

Eve is a slight sr for me, but I'm kinda unsure there. Jumped on that typh wagon for kind of a silly reason, and I had a question re: 316 that I'll post in a sec.

Zenith's weird asking for permission to vote is scummy, but not in a vacuum. Withholding his own opinions in a vacuum also seems ok to me; but tbh both those things together are kinda weird to me. The permission to vote thing is making me scumread him a bit if only that it's an obviously incredibly anti-town thing to do, and a good way to CYA. It's a weird contradiction to be so careful about not flooding the thread with "spam", but then to start asking the town permission to lynch as if that's not already the point of a vote.

Typh's reaction to being targeted for a wagon early on gives me bad vibes. Might be able to explain better in a minute. Overall, not looking great but I'm not sure I actually want to vote there yet.

Alim, big scum vibes. Whoever it was that said that thing about people who use all the scumhunting buzzwords etc to look town... Alim is bigtime giving me those vibes.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:03 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 364, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 362, Sujimichi wrote:
In post 360, gobbledygook wrote:If someone wants to hit scum, they should vig Aeronaut.

If someone wants to be the mod's best friend, they should vig Wake or GIF.
Why do you think that Aeronaut is mafia? He has provided almost no content.
That is exactly why I think he is scum. I think scum are more likely to lurk/generally "not play" than town. A lot of the appeal to Mafia the Game is the detective-solving-a-crime aspect. That is lost when playing as scum. Moreover, playing scum is more stressful because the stakes are higher. Stress also decreases general enjoyment of games.

I also feel that Aeronaut's posts (albeit he does not have many) are totally devoid of scumhunting.
I'd say you could definitely pick at least one scum of any of the inactive players in any game, so that's actually a pretty good take! I'm not the scum you're looking for though, and a kill on me would be a waste anyway. I get the sentiment, but this kind of scum hunting is gonna always be a complete crapshoot and it's kinda hard to defend ya know? I also get really bored as town ESPECIALLY day one since there's no real concrete evidence usually, which I mean isn't actually provable, but it's the honest truth lol
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #372 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:08 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 71, Pine wrote:Hi Aeronaut ^^
In post 4, Pine wrote:Stealth archer. They all end up as stealth archers anyway, might as well do it on purpose.

Disappointed I didn't get my colored arrows mod. I have a couple of ideas, but they can wait for morning, just turning in at almost half past 1AM.
Pursuant to the second half of the above, I've given it some thought and I think we should massclaim flavor.

WHAT?!
But Pine, massclaiming on Day One has no strategic value and it's only something scum would want! I mega-vote and dayvig you right now to suppress this potentially dangerous idea!

Hear me out. This isn't a typical game, and I'm not suggesting we
role
claim. Just flavor. I have a couple of reasons - first, I really don't think any of the mods people are likely to have chosen are going to point clearly towards scum/Town/TP etc. The nature of Skyrim is heroic, and a lot of mods are quality of life rather than dramatic content changes. I highly doubt that in this game a flavorclaim is going to expose our PRs. Second, the obscure and esoteric nature of a lot of mods makes it so a whole bunch of different interpretations are possible, giving JJH flexibility in designing their role. Third, what flavorclaiming WOULD do is strip away a lot of the options for scum down the line to fakeclaim - "Improved World Map with Roads" lends itself to a lot of options as a game designer, but shuts down a
ton
of choices for desperate scum. I could claim tracker, watcher, maybe even roleblocker or rolecop with that mod. What I could NOT do is then claim Doc, or Cop, or Vigilante, or what have you.

TL;DR - Mass flavorclaiming is harmless in this setup, but severely restricts scum's flexibility down the line.

I'll go first - the example I gave, "Improved World Map with Roads," is my assigned mod. My top choice had been this utility/quality of life mod, and I think the third was an improved mining mod.
This is a great idea for Day 2, mostly because people are gonna be forced to align their claims with their actions / rhetoric on day 1, so it probably will be easier to see who's full of shit

In post 76, alimdia wrote:I haven't played skyrim so I asked the mods to give me one. Yours might be what you say, where it doesn't clearly point towards something, but others might not. I don't see great value in claiming now, its just gonna clog up actual scumhunting if everyone talks about this instead.
That... is what scumhunting is though. I always hate the idea of "scumhunting" as something that can be blocked as if the whole game can't be read that way. Especially when you read Day 1 stuff in the endgame and can see why people might have claimed something odd. Despite agreeing that it may be better not to do this day 1, the reasoning doesn't actually make any sense to me I guess
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:11 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 371, gobbledygook wrote:Aeronaut, how do you normally get out of your Day 1 funk then?
I really don't if I'm being honest. Day 1 is by design full of circular conversations and kinda baseless fingerpointing. Plus, one of my few mafia strengths is derailing or creating wagons and since I'm usually pretty wrong on day one, I don't want to create that influence just yet.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:13 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

I'm going to apologize in advance for this page turning into Aeronaut's Advice Column, since I'm gonna post stuff a few at a time in case the day ends
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #375 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 79, popsofctown wrote:There's two separate reasons

"Claim talk will get in the way of scum hunting" is such a cold take it's potentially scummy.

Secondarily I feel like the post might have been a scumslip because he said other people's role PMs are either loosely or tightly based on the mod, but excluded himself from the dichotomy. That makes me think his role is neither tightly or loosely based on his mod because he's mafia and that has greater design constraints, mafia needs a strong man in the setup and out of the three people to get it "bows have a laser sight" is the one to get it even if it's not the most flavorful.
Even aside from that, the post seems to FYI something about how his mod was selected but he doesn't seem motivated by a concern for safeguarding his PR info and there's not going to be Vanilla in a upick to explain that to me
I see how you got here, but this second part is kind of a reach to me. I want to know more about the game mechanics before I start forming my reads on them.
In post 93, GuyInFreezer wrote:
I HARDCLAIM CBBE
Can someone tell me what this is? I looked around for an answer but still don't actually know. It would be some beneficial info to get before night
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:22 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 119, TiphaineDeath wrote:VOTE: WarriorStone

VOTE: BlatantScum

Yeah, I actually give 0 fucks whether this is town or scum, some behaviors must be punished or they continue.
Qualifying already that this could be town or scum. Also, sorry if you made this clear later, but did you mean to punish the behavior by voting him as a threat, or by policy lynching him?
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (isolation #12) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:23 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 376, gobbledygook wrote:Looking at what I can tell are your most recent (being over a year ago) completed town games, you seem to be much more active in those games despite being a vanilla townie (the most boring role).

Grand Idea ReRoll - viewtopic.php?f=84&t=77320&user_select[]=22559
Double Day Unlimited - viewtopic.php?f=84&t=77358&user_select[]=22559

I'm not sure I quite buy the argument that you're not interested in Day 1.
I mean... in both those games I'm literally one of the least active players, by a lot.

What is this accomplishing for you? You've got content now so I'd love to hear your thoughts on that since you're one of my townreads lol
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (isolation #13) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:31 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 191, TiphaineDeath wrote:No, post #153 was a scumclaim, and the fact that you don't immediately know that tells me you are in fact scum xD. VOTE: sujimichi
This post also strikes me as a joke, so idk what the controversy was? Also though:
In post 210, TiphaineDeath wrote:IF THAT WASN'T A JOKE POST, HE IS SCUM.

If it was a joke post, he is a troll, and deserves rope.

Your rational for me being scum is the flimsiest piece of bullshit I have seen in years and I am half a breath away from either full-raging or voting you for it.
This is now the second time you've decided that you'd lynch someone whether they're scum or town. I don't really care if this is something you do often; you've given yourself no burden of responsibility either way. Amounting to: Not scum hunting.
In post 255, TiphaineDeath wrote:Meh, no one wants to play with me. Fine 228 is scum because inconsistency=scum. It's literally the number one classic scum tell and the fact that no one else found it in the page or so since I pointed it out is rather depressing to me TBH.

You throw shade on me, the current leading wagon, and call the eve vote random while at the same time saying that eve's behavior is suspicious. You have the fence post lodged so firmly in your ass that I'm surprised the post didn't get censored for NSFW.

And yeah, I really, truly, deeply am disgusted by people making scum-claims. Joking around fake claims is a little bit better, still aggravates me, but I care less. The random "Hi I'm scum," makes me want to physically reach through my screen and throttle people.
I mean, it is more like 228 is saying that yes, eve is scummy, but that Suji is scum reading her for the wrong reasons. Which actually might be an interesting interaction to look back at later
[HERE]

2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (isolation #14) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 298, popsofctown wrote:I think Tiphaine Death's fake townslip and his followups are the scummiest thing in the game thread still, yes alimdia.

BS is a crazy slot but there are reasons to think maybe he's always like this or something.
I'm incredibly confused on this whole thing by the way. I might just be tired and the words are melting together but I guess I don't get what you're referring to? Can you kinda summarize this?
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #386 (isolation #15) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:45 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 310, Zenith wrote:
In post 273, alimdia wrote:
In post 262, Zenith wrote:
In post 256, TiphaineDeath wrote:Also saying something like "I didn't do it, and even if I did it's not bad," is hardcore lawyer talk, and, yeah, you guessed it, pretty damn scummy.
Agree ^
This is the extent of you pointing out why I'm scummy btw.
What more reasoning do I need to find you scummy?
Posts and were pretty sus..
In post 273, alimdia wrote:
Also what's this thing you're doing where you ask everyone for permission to vote for someone? Do what you wish so that people can judge you for it later, not pawn it off on groupthink.
I would like to vote you. I asked for permission to vote you. How is asking for permission pawning anything off on group think? I'm not sheeping or asking who to vote.

Nobody has given permission yet either.

If someone, anyone could just humor and grant permission each time I ask, then we could pretend I never asked and functionally it wouldn't matter.
But why? Why suddenly decide to start doing this?

Also posts like this are what's giving me the Zenith-UTR-Scum vibes. Just kinda vague just teetering the line into saying something of value.

In post 316, Eve wrote:
zenith - i give you permission to vote alimdia but only if you're town - if you're scum please vote sujimichi instead
I've been trying to make sense of this quote. Why would you want town and scum to vote differently? I know it's probably a joke, but the logic behind it even as a joke doesn't make sense from any perspective.

In post 330, Pine wrote:I’m growing to despise that argument. Even assuming both of TD’s partners decided to stick their necks out to defend him (unlikely) that would only be two people. “Resistance” is really only valid in large games where there’s a substantial scumteam covering one another and lategame when the ratio is more perilous.

Sup Fishy. Can you get me into this game? The weird thing is that it has some of my favorite players, but I’m not switched on yet
Yeah, idk trying to actually push people based on associations isn't gonna work well on D1 imo.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (isolation #16) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:51 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 383, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 369, Aeronaut wrote:Gobble are definitely town imo
Why did you declare me town here after I had just hammered a player without a claim?
It was based on everything I read up until I realized someone was hammered, then just decided to start posting now. I wanted to do some thinking here before the thread was locked and I couldn't quote anything

Also though, I kinda feel personally it's NAI in this instance. Do I agree with it? No. Is it scum motivated? Not really. The only thing that's kinda striking odd for me is your post-hammer tirade against inactive people, but I may be biased :D

In post 369, Aeronaut wrote:Eve is a slight sr for me, but I'm kinda unsure there. Jumped on that typh wagon for kind of a silly reason, and I had a question re: 316 that I'll post in a sec.
Could you post this? I think Eve is likely town based upon .[/quote]
74 is pretty NAI. Why would posting the flavor you aren't make you town?
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #390 (isolation #17) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

ah not tirade, just weird push that couldn't ever gain traction from others. Just at a weird time
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #391 (isolation #18) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:58 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

I mean, it's not her comment. She just agreed with BS. Is BS scum for thinking that?
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #392 (isolation #19) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:58 pm

Post by Aeronaut »