ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:08 pm

Post by ashmite84 »

farside22 wrote:I don't know if I want someone who is smart enough to do puzzles as we are working as individuals. See bold
babygirl86 wrote: *There may at some point be puzzles,, trivia, etc. provided for the town.
You may not solve this as a group,
as there are different rewards that can be won. If you wish to solve the puzzle, please pm me your answer. I will announce the answer.
This is a good point.
cerebus3 wrote:On a related note, I am curious as to what everyone's stance towards a no-lynch in this setup is. In a normal mafia game, I would always prefer any lynch to a no-lynch, and I believed the town could always find someone scummy to lynch, but in this setup, scum are not always guaranteed to be available to lynch, and it is possible that we will have two fairly pro-town players to choose from. What would you guys do in such a situation? I think I would still err on the side of a lynch, but I am willing to go with the town on this one.
My thoughts are pretty much what you went on to say. I think that this might be one of those rare set-ups when a NL is sometimes called for. I had an idea that it depends on what we decide to rely on: lynching or puzzle solving ability. If we decide to trust our hunting / lynching ability, then the puzzle-solving comes second and we lynch one no matter who is on the chopping block. If you consider the puzzle-solving the primary consideration then we could afford to NL given the potential benefits of a correct answer. So I guess your opinions on NL are directly affected by your faith in your puzzle solving, if you follow. Perhaps we could take an unofficial vote on this?
Khelvaster wrote:One might consider that the mafia get higher rewards from solving puzzles than townies do. If so, this completely destroys what I said, since good mafiates will be that much better than good townies, and the risk-benefit is once again the same for both good and poor puzzle solvers. What do you all think?
Good posting. I think we need to rectify this point before proceeding.

To everyone: Do we keep those who can prove themselves puzzle-savvy around? We could post a couple of test questions for them. (I still want to play mafia predominantly and not get bogged down in this.)
In a permanent state of Limited Access. I'll understand if I'm replaced in my current games.
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:03 pm

Post by ashmite84 »

I got what farside was doing so if anyone looked stranger in the farside-skitzer exchange to me it was skitzer. However if he has some meta on her and thought the joke was too OOC then he might have reason to look twice. Not seeing a lot in this, but I'll file it away for later.
In a permanent state of Limited Access. I'll understand if I'm replaced in my current games.
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #3) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:34 pm

Post by ashmite84 »

cerebus3 wrote:Well... this is going nowhere fast...
True dat!

vote: nhat

Looking at both the candidates posts in isolation, Cer is making attempts at scumhunting the unvoteables for future reference, nhat is happy to wait for the NL. Interaction with the unvoteables will be important later.
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by ashmite84 »

Scarlett's D1 didn't really strike me either way. Pretty earnest but that's null I guess. The flavor helps her a little. She has since played the newbie card *tisk tisk*

BM didn't technically drop the hammer but his post indicates he was happy to anyway, and he added a vote just in case. Maybe he really wasn't aware that discussion was currently happening. The problem is that that particular discussion was
between our two D1 candidates
. Has soft-claimed.
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:39 am

Post by ashmite84 »

Battle Mage wrote:i can agree with most of this. Except, the flavour shouldnt help her atall.
That post was typed in a rush. To clarify, I meant like it could help her later for trying to validate a claim or whatever. Of course I agree with you this doesn't make it more or less believable than any other claim and depends on the groups reaction, but IIRC a couple of people were receptive, maybe seeing something they recognized (or perhaps rolefishing?)
Battle Mage wrote:Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :D
Thanks mate! :mrgreen:
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:07 am

Post by ashmite84 »

nhat wrote:

Same reason as Talmadge perhaps?
I sincerely doubt that.

vote - Battle Mage
This sounds like you have something. Do you? Or is it nothing you can share yet for discretion's sake.
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #7) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:31 am

Post by ashmite84 »

Thanks Icey, likewise happy birthday to you :D
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (isolation #8) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:34 am

Post by ashmite84 »

He-heh....hard-on :P
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (isolation #9) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:11 pm

Post by ashmite84 »

icemanE wrote:
Khel wrote: To come out with the answer, I am the doctor. Of course, assuming I'm bluffing, the real doc should protect me at night.
Wait... WHAT? This is the worst claim I have ever seen. Ever. As soon as you're on the chopping block my vote's on you.
QFT.
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by ashmite84 »

That's funny! :D I was however using it in the 'quoted for truth' sense.
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:44 am

Post by ashmite84 »

The restrictions in BM's request are very....restricting :? But out of the options available I would have to say Skitzer and Icey.

Vote: No Lynch
I think that's L-2.
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (isolation #12) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:46 am

Post by ashmite84 »

Battle Mage wrote:
ashmite84 wrote:The restrictions in BM's request are very....restricting :? But out of the options available I would have to say Skitzer and Icey.

Vote: No Lynch
I think that's L-2.
Skitzer and Icey as scummiest? or most protown?

And that's L-1 btw. Next vote is the hammer.

BM
Scummiest (out of the 9 you restricted your question to).
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (isolation #13) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:24 pm

Post by ashmite84 »

*Check-in post*

Ima read our two candidates so far and post later.
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (isolation #14) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:00 pm

Post by ashmite84 »

Vote: No lynch

I've got Khelv and OP tentatively booked in as scum and I think that there would be 3 scum in this set-up, as the town is already at somewhat of a disadvantage. I don't think our current candidates particularly scummy so I'm content to wait till tomorrow. Hopefully we get 2 scum on the block. Where's our puzzle? We need to win a grand prize - investigations, vigs, anything!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”