Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #27 (isolation #1) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:52 am

Post by Skruffs »

Think Kingmaker meets the opposite of AITP.
Long live the *yawn* King.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #54 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:41 am

Post by Skruffs »

Well unless the king is suicidal, I doubt he will be lynched.
Thunda seems to be enjoying being the king, therefore, he is not suicidal.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #83 (isolation #3) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Charter is acting very oddly, I'm not sure why. :wink:

Let's look at it this way:
The "Scum" in this game is the King (A day killing NK-immune SK) and two Guards (Mafia goons) who win with each other.
There are no lynches; the king decides each day who he wants to eliminate.

The town has on their side, Two revolutionaries, who are effectively a mason group with shared vig (I signed up for this game because I am running a game which might wind up with a similar group and thus the similarities intrigued me).

The game starts off with 12 players, the bad guys get 2 kills for every 1 town kill, and the king (after he is known) is unnkable unless the two guards are eliminated.

Therefore, he wants to protect his guards.

Also keep in mind that the effective "Pool" of players is 11 - the king is unlynchable and unnkable at this time. That pool of players will have 1 (non revolutionary) and 1 (non guard) eliminated every night, and 1 additional player eliminated every day.

Keeping that in mind, the king is probably going to aim for the revolutionaries. The guards, also, are going to aim for revolutionaries. I think that the townsfolk need to try and out the guards more than they need to run diversions. So, how will the guards act?

My guess is that the guards are going to try to act like townies trying to act like revolutionaries. Over the top townies are there fore much more likely to be Guards than they are to be Townies. Revolutionaries are going to try to act like Guards, but not so much as to rouse the guards suspicions of imposters, so I imagine they are either going to be relatively quiet or they are going to suck up to the king - like I am doing in this post!

I am not the king, so I will encourage the king to execute me; Skruffs deaths early in the game inevitably result in scum wins.

All that being said, the game is lost with 7 alive so we literally have today (12) and tomorrow (9) to either convince the king to lynch one of his own guards or direct the revolutionaries to the same end.

Let's focus more on Offensive and less on Defensive!

And if I am executed for my traitorous post, long live the resistance! :D
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #85 (isolation #4) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:33 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Nonsense, of course they do.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #87 (isolation #5) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:45 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Fos: charter

Obv a guard.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #108 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:30 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Crazy wrote:
Skruffs wrote:My guess is that the guards are going to try to act like townies trying to act like revolutionaries. Over the top townies are there fore much more likely to be Guards than they are to be Townies. Revolutionaries are going to try to act like Guards, but not so much as to rouse the guards suspicions of imposters, so I imagine they are either going to be relatively quiet or they are going to suck up to the king - like I am doing in this post!
Let me get this straight, so I know how I'm supposed to act: :P

-Guards will act like townies trying to act like revolutionaries.
-Revolutionaries will try to act like Guards.
-Townies will try to act like... revolutionaries?

Or, you know, we could all act like jesters.
Muahaha. Good girl. :)
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #109 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by Skruffs »

The king won't kill charter, charter is obv a guard.
Slepz strikes me as the other guard.
I'm just glad the king doesn't know who the guards are, so hopefully he'll kill them thinking they are the revolutionaries.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #135 (isolation #8) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:11 pm

Post by Skruffs »

I told them to stab charter, and they did. That's my theory anyways.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #144 (isolation #9) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:29 am

Post by Skruffs »

I think Wall-E is breadcrumbing to the king that he is one of his guards, but I'm not *Quite* Sure... revolutionaries, take note of this.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #151 (isolation #10) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:44 pm

Post by Skruffs »

CoheedCambria09 wrote:was that a role claim wall-e?
Why would you ask this? Are you counter claiming?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #154 (isolation #11) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:46 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Theoretically, (I had to rethink everything sinec I thought this game was more similar to the one I am running), the assassins don't have to worry about the king's guards.. so really the only deaths they have to worry about is the ones coming from the king.

Pretty sure that means Wall-E isn't a guard? :)
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #161 (isolation #12) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:30 am

Post by Skruffs »

Wall-e, why would you want to adopt battlemage's playstyle?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #170 (isolation #13) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:06 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Whatev, I take full responsibility for the westbrook nightkill.

Before the king lynches my partner (or me!) Let's quickly try to see who westbrook was buddybuddy with. Initial suspect: thunda!
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #177 (isolation #14) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:18 am

Post by Skruffs »

In my opinion, Citizen Karne is a guard acting like a revolutionary - see, for example, how he asked for someone to explain why "he" killed charter night one! However, he does NOT ask why he killed westbrook (who was a guard). See also his attempts to buddy up to other townies. Is he trying to make the revoluationaries think he is a townie pretending to be a revolutionary? I think SO!
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #178 (isolation #15) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:19 am

Post by Skruffs »

Westbrook_Owns_U wrote:I think we should just lynch him on the fact that he's annoying and completely useless -_-. Do you have anything real to say thunda?
This suggests Thunda is not a guard.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #181 (isolation #16) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:42 am

Post by Skruffs »

Citizen Karne wrote:
Skruffs wrote:In my opinion, Citizen Karne is a guard acting like a revolutionary - see, for example, how he asked for someone to explain why "he" killed charter night one! However, he does NOT ask why he killed westbrook (who was a guard). See also his attempts to buddy up to other townies. Is he trying to make the revoluationaries think he is a townie pretending to be a revolutionary? I think SO!
Well, I could say the exact same for you my friend, as you did not take credit for killing the peasant but did for killing the guard; taking credit for the victorious one makes you look better, but taking credit for the other kill would make you look worse.

I took one for our team and admitted to killing a townie. It's not hard to say you hit a guard, now is it?
The entire way you are approaching this is that you are somehow wanting to get the king NOT to lynch you. You are either a revolutionary, or a guard.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #184 (isolation #17) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:56 am

Post by Skruffs »

KILLLLLL THE POSTER ABOVE MEEEEEEE
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #190 (isolation #18) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:51 am

Post by Skruffs »

Fos: EmpKing
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #192 (isolation #19) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:23 pm

Post by Skruffs »

But you said the thunda execution was the best one so far.

fos: crazy
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #195 (isolation #20) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:13 am

Post by Skruffs »

But you also didn't think a guard would act like that.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #196 (isolation #21) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:15 am

Post by Skruffs »

King, we are in a lynch or lose situation. We are 6, of which you are not an eligible lynch choice. That means that there are 5 players that you can choose from. 2 of those are revolutionaries, and 1 of them is your guard, who if you kill, will result in your death tonight. If you kill a townie, the revolutionaries have a 50% chance of killing your guard tonight, which means you lose, as there is no way you could lynch both revolutionaries before you are killed.

I am your guard
. As long as you do not lynch me today, you have a 50% chance of lynching a revolutionary. I believe that there is 1 revolutionary in each of (Crazy, EmpKing) and (Coheed, Lotus).
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #199 (isolation #22) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:40 am

Post by Skruffs »

Well alternatively, Slepz can be pretty sure I'm not a townie, as doing what I did just forced the revolutionaries to have to kill me tonight.So the king can be sure I am either a guard or a revolutionary, and a revolutionary wouldn't claim right now.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #204 (isolation #23) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:29 am

Post by Skruffs »

Actually I think he's very helpful.
Slepz:
Lotuspirate is more likely a revolutionary than Crazy in my opinion.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #206 (isolation #24) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:11 am

Post by Skruffs »

At this point I think revolutionaries are probably going to try and claim peasant to get the peasants lynched instead. That's what the main point of lotus's post was.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #208 (isolation #25) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:56 am

Post by Skruffs »

Lotus and EmpKing... Crazy is def a peasant. If EmpKing isn't the final revolutionary, it has to be Coheed, which makes sense. Lotus has been quiet until I claimed, and Coheed has also been extremely quiet all game.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #211 (isolation #26) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:56 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Lotus is a revolutionary, coheed clamed peasant to look like a revolutionary, crazy is the other peasant, playing along as revolutionary, that means empking is the other revolutionary.

I've had fun misdirecting you all. Good luck, slepz.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #213 (isolation #27) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:34 am

Post by Skruffs »

Nice counterclaim, lotus. You made a few mistakes though, like this one:
lotuspirate wrote: I wish I could have continued to claim to be a peasant but Skruffs is playing a smart game and having you hit me rather than the Guard (which I am, even if he thinks I am not the Guard) who would otherwise also have to come out from what I can see.
There are three major conflicts in this sentence. First you say that I am trying to get the king to hit you, instead of 'the guard'. That part of the sentence indicates thatyou and the guard are two different people. You then go on to again point out that I am trying to have EmpKing lynch you, rather than "The guard", and then completely reverse it by saying that you are hte guard and I don't think you are.

What would be the point of me, as a revolutionary, trying to get a Peasant executed? Which leads to the last part, where you say that "the guard" would have to come out from what you can see. Which also doesn't make sense, because you just 'came out' under, apparently, the 'opposite' of conclusions;; the pretense that I Am trying to get a peasant lynched.

It just hurts my brain to try to wrap my mind around what you are actually trying to say, because the sentence has three different contradictions, bu what I can understand of it, you are saying that I A) am trying to get a peasant lynched, B) in order to make the guard come out?

Let me just point out the only post that Westbrook made that was a breadcrumb:
Westbrook_Owns_U wrote:PMs are in the topic post Skruffs.
This was day one (I think?) where I was talking about how the guards have a better chance of killing revolutionaries than the revolutionaries, etc. I started the game out pretending to not understand what the roles even were; doing so kept me safe both from the king's wrath and the suspicions of the revolutionaries. One of the revolutionaries has been following my line of suspicion every night (Except for the night that westbrook was killed), killing Charter and then Citizen Karne. I realized after Citizen Karne that I Was being set up to look like a revolutionary, and that is why I claimed - I was very much MORE in danger of being lynched than you were, Lotus. If you were going to be lynched, it would have been yesterday, when the king said he was going to lynch you.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #218 (isolation #28) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:42 pm

Post by Skruffs »

lotuspirate wrote: As I predicted, you ignored my statement about Crazy being a revolutionary; assuming Slepz believes me (the real guard) and not you this should strengthen my case against him.
Let's look at the situation:ss
I have played vocally in an effort to out every single 'peasant' as a revolutionary, si nce day one. You have been almost entirely quiet.

At lynch or lose, when the revolutionaries *who have been unlynched so far* would do best to continue doing whatever they are doing, I go ahead and outmyself as a guard. This basically forces Slepz to guess right both today and tomorrow. If I had kept doing what I was doing, I may have been able to evade being nightkilled another night or two,and we would have won. Instead I put a time line on the king's ability to win the game.

You, on the other hand, have been quiet and complacement the entire game through, until I baited one of the revolutionaries with a "75%" chance of winning by simultaneously declaring Crazy was a townie. I do think Crazy is a townie; He kind of breadcrumbed it with his reference to Jester mafia, where I was pushing for the townies to act like jesters to confuse the mafia into trying to act like jesters. (I still think it would have worked). His playstyle has been designed to draw the ire of the king, more so than any other player in the game except for Thunda.

You, lotuspirate, have been benefitting by being quiet until you worried that the king wouldn't believe your claim that you were a townie. This is a matter of paper rock scissors. You are paper trying to act like rock, and so is claiming scissors. Unfortunately you did not complete the cycle and actually act like paper, as that would have led everyone to think you were the rock, pretending to be scissors claiming paper.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #240 (isolation #29) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:57 am

Post by Skruffs »

Yes, I picked peasants to kill and Coheed picked scum. :)
I think Crazy "sort" of did the best job as a peasant pretending to be the revolutionary. Thunda almost got shot instead of westbrook but he was way too obvious a lynch target to really be NK'd.

I was really hoping we could convince the king to lynch his guard. :)
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #246 (isolation #30) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:24 am

Post by Skruffs »

Well.... All mafia games require guessng. Seers/cops help eliminate guessing, but evrything else is just hopeful guessing

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”