solid074
solid074
Townie
solid074
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:53 am

Post by solid074 »

That explains why we haven't been told who unsanitary really was. Come on people, every square game has a "Life" spell of some sort. And I wouldn't be shocked if Phoenix Downs went on sale a little later.

Anyway, the fact that lynching obviously won't kill certain people is a strange wrinkle. Don't know what to do with that. Suppose I'll just
Random Vote:(Check's with Setzer's slot machine)SatiricalBob.

Random Final Fantasy III Quote:
"You'd best be frozen."
-Battle text
solid074
solid074
Townie
solid074
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:27 pm

Post by solid074 »

What I meant by "Who he really was" was that this is a blind game for those who didn't notice, and It'd be nice to know who the player behind the screenname was.

About the heal, it's fairly obvious that a healer type character (Terra and Celes both spring to mind) casted cure 1 last night. That's probably the closest thing we have to a doc right now.

I don't know what the "chunks" were. I don't remember those from the game. Out of curiosity Fletcher, is our source material the SNES version, the Playstation version, or some fusion of the two? (I know that there are minor differences)

By the way Gau is a guy.
solid074
solid074
Townie
solid074
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:20 am

Post by solid074 »

Hambone, there are two thieves that come to mind when I think of FFVI. One of them is Locke, the "Treasure hunter". He would almost definitely be pro-town, as he was a member of the returner's rebellion in the game. The other is lonewolf, who would be neutral if I wrote this. He didn't work for the empire or the rebellion. He just stole stuff once in a while and got in your way. But Fletcher could've feasibly made him pro-or anti-town. So we don't know a whole lot.

Bob, here's why everyone is so sure that a lynch will reduce HP by 500.
Fletcher wrote:
When someone is lynched, they LOSE 500 HP, AND AREN'T NECCISARILY DEAD.
I'll bet kills are spell and attack based and reduce HP as well, rather than just killing the target. Though it would make sense if the mafia attack was more than 500 HP. They may even have more than one option for attack.

What confused me about the "chunks" is that they were fired from the castle, which doesn't really sound like Setzer to me.
solid074
solid074
Townie
solid074
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:53 am

Post by solid074 »

Quagmire wrote:solid074: The name's Quagmire, not Fletcher. :x
Really sorry, I keep seeing that avater with a little video game character and instantly think "Fletcher"

Gon wrote:as to the "chunks" we'll probalby hear more about them later on, since there are 3 possibilities 1) its something to so with the gaining of 21hp, 2) the loot being fired out the window (hambone's loot that is) or 3) absolutely nothing with evens of last night.
quagmire wrote:
12:30 AM: The sleepy castle does not hear a series of "chunk!"s shooting out into the landscape. SatricialBob has gained 21 HP, as has Hambone. Both Hambone and SatricialBob are at 521 HP.
I was going to say something here like "Just tell me those things aren't related", when I realized that the only thing they had in common for sure was the time of night when they occured.

Enforcer wrote:
FOS: Enforcer
For FOSing so many people. I mean, Jeez, what's with me? :P
Does this look like a case of "You can't fire me, I quit." to anybody else? He starts doing tons of FoSes, then he realizes that he's doing too many, so he says "I'm doing too many" as if that somehow makes it better.

FoS: Enforcer

Rosebud wrote:It appears (Based on the deathscene last night) that mafia attacks take off 500 hp. I think we'd know if there were overkill.
I can't stress this enough. This game is based on Final Fantasy IV, which was released in America on the SNES as Final Fantasy III. There was no "Overkill" signal in FFIV, there also weren't a whole lotn of other things that showed up later. If it isn't in IV, just get it out of your head right now.

If you haven't played FFIV before I highly recommend getting a ROM of it or finding a PSX disc that has it, or, best of all, actually getting the cartridge for the SNES. Though that's not likely to have a live save battery anymore and will be extremely difficult to find.

Quagmire wrote:Also,
The day is going to be deadlined. Deadline for this day is going to be Tuesday, at 9:00 PM Central Time.
Why?
solid074
solid074
Townie
solid074
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:38 pm

Post by solid074 »

Gon, while two people arguing could mean that one is a mafia, it could also mean that both are mafia trying to disassociate from each other, or it could just mean that both are morons. You can take your pick.
solid074
solid074
Townie
solid074
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (isolation #5) » Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:36 am

Post by solid074 »

Rosebud wrote:I think we'd know if there were overkill.
Rosebud wrote:Solid, as I said before, I have basically no knowledge of the theme, and I'd rather not go gamehunting for the sake of one mafia game. I did skim one of the walkthroughs on GameFAQs, so I'm slightly less clueless.
So you have no clue about the source material, but you have opinions about how it will affect the game. It's hard to tell if this is intentional misdirection or just motormouthed stupidity.

By the way, I also recommended FFVI because it was so enjoyable to play.

I kind of figured Celes' Runic ability would be for night-kill protection, but vote negation sort of makes sense too, I guess.

This is hard to puzzle out. I wish I had a clue where these posts were coming from.
solid074
solid074
Townie
solid074
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (isolation #6) » Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:52 am

Post by solid074 »

A minor addendum: Anytime I said FFIV, I meant FFVI. Sorry for any confusion(Like anybody actually noticed or cared).
solid074
solid074
Townie
solid074
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (isolation #7) » Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:44 am

Post by solid074 »

It could be Terra, but that doesn't sound like a magic attack to me. It says he used something sharp. I assume he means a weapon of some kind, like a sword or knife. And we can probably narrow that to a sword, as it says the weapon was brought down on Rhino, not stabbed into him. But that last bit is conjecture.

Do we know that the action was intended to be anti-town? In my experience daykillers are pro-town or neutral. Even assuming that enforcer is mafia it seems like overkill to negate a vote and then also kill another voter.

Well we've lost a role-copier and a snoop-type investigator. I hope we still have some big guns left.
solid074
solid074
Townie
solid074
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (isolation #8) » Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:44 am

Post by solid074 »

Ok, reading back over the thread, I don't like Enforcer. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt so that I could treat you guys like morons and get a reaction. Since we have an incredibly placid town that didn't work(Or maybe I wasn't abusive enough). Anyway, my vote is pointless where it is right now so
Unvote: SatiricalBob, Vote: Enforcer
[/b]
solid074
solid074
Townie
solid074
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (isolation #9) » Wed Oct 15, 2003 4:05 am

Post by solid074 »

Enforcer wrote:Honestly, why the heck would I, with no attention on me, stand up and throw FOS's around if I was mafia. It would be the most retarded mafia play ever, especially on Day One with cops around.
This fits in very nicely with my theory that you are, in fact, a retard.

Actually one of the things that makes me ludicrously suspicious of Enforcer is Rhino's death, though indirectly. It would make sense that an anti-town would do it to frame Enforcer(Good use of a day kill actually) but the evidence swings against that. Rhino was an investigative role. Which means that last night he found out about something. Then he quietly put his vote on enforcer with no explanation and left it sitting there. Very often an investigator does that because he got lucky and found scum, but doesn't want to reveal himself if he doesn't have to. Now that he's dead and we know it makes it seem very logical that he would be scum, though it doesn't explain the motive behind the death.

So what else could this mean? I like to play my own devil's advocate. It could mean that the mafia is trying to disassociate from Enforcer, not likely this early in the game, unless they think his stupidity is that much of a liability. Perhaps he belongs to a seperate evil group. That would fit in with the mafia trying to frame him and an investigation finding him evil. Which brings another possibility to mind. Enforcer could be a good role that would appear bad based on his abilities. We don't know how much Rhino knew about the game. Maybe he got a result like "Enforcer can steal" and figured that a thief had to be evil, when in fact he was Locke, who is a good guy.

So yeah, the evidence can be interpretted for Enforcer.

By the way, I wasn't "Testing" anyone. I'm being this abusive because you really are that stupid.

Unvote: Enforcer, Vote: Jericho
for engaging in the all too easy practice of Enforcer bashing.
solid074
solid074
Townie
solid074
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (isolation #10) » Wed Oct 15, 2003 4:07 am

Post by solid074 »

[quote="I]Maybe he got a result like "Enforcer can steal" and figured that a thief had to be evil, when in fact he was Locke, who is a good guy.
[/quote]

This sounds like I have some sort of information. I don't. Locke was just the first character I could think of that fit my speculation.
solid074
solid074
Townie
solid074
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (isolation #11) » Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:19 am

Post by solid074 »

Of all the reactions I thought to get out of Jericho this one was not what I expected.

I expected him to complain that first day votes are rarely better than random, or to defend his vote for Enforcer as being somehow logical. The first I couldn't have refuted(Though it wouldn't have done a whole lot for making him look innocent). The second, who knows what would have happened. But for some reason he takes a third approach that I didn't expect at all.

Instead he retracts his vote, but leaves an FoS. As if to say "Gee, he's got a point, this does look suspicious, I'd better back off. I'll leave an FoS to make it look like I'm still following my own line of reasoning though.". Which of course moves him higher up my scum list for trying to do things that
look
non-scummy rather than things that
are
non-scummy.
solid074
solid074
Townie
solid074
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (isolation #12) » Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:24 am

Post by solid074 »

Did I mention that Jericho apparently missed the ramifications of the "Devil's advocate" part of my post?

My point was that ultimately, I couldn't really interpret the data satisfactorily, and Occcam's razor was no help, so I was left to wonder what the motives were behind Rhino's vote and the cause of his subsequent death.
solid074
solid074
Townie
solid074
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (isolation #13) » Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:28 am

Post by solid074 »

Jericho wrote:Enforcer mightve acted arrogant, but solid's a tool. Solid is one of those thick-headed morons who are convinced that in order to play mafia well you have to form an opinion and then develop a case of chronic tunnel vision and never ever change your mind no matter what anyone says. He also is the Greatest Mafia Player of All Time because he has everything figured out and has "moved me up his scum list", as if anyone cares. Whatever. :roll:

Are you mith?
Yes, everybody. I'm a thickheaded moron with chronic tunnel vision. That's why I've changed direction mid-post when an possibility seemed more likely based on my most recent thoughts. That's also why my suspicions have changed on average of once per page during this game.

Nobody cares about my opinion? I'm sorry, I'll go join the other town. My opinion affects my vote. My vote has at least as much power as anybody else's. Therefore, you'd sure as heck better care about my opinion for the duration of this game. Believe me, I'm listening to yours.

So to address the actual allegations against me in Jericho's post...there are none. It's just a bunch of whining about me being a big meany and calling people names and voicing my opinions so that others could make a critical analysis of them rather than keeping my foot on them and risking the chance that everybody missed something I thought of.

Know what Jericho, you're right. the next time I think of something I'll keep my mouth shut so that the mafia can do the same and win by lurking. Won't that be exciting?

As for Jericho's answer to my own allegations about him...There are none. Just a bunch of backlashing because I think that my vote is a little better than random for the time being.

So I guess I'll just leave my vote where it is for now.
solid074
solid074
Townie
solid074
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (isolation #14) » Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:52 pm

Post by solid074 »

Jericho wrote:Enforcer mightve acted arrogant, but solid's a tool. Solid is one of those thick-headed morons who are convinced that in order to play mafia well you have to form an opinion and then develop a case of chronic tunnel vision and never ever change your mind no matter what anyone says.
The assumption I used in interpreting this was that nobody would be foolish enough to believe that a particular strategy was best and not try to use it himself. Therefore, saying that I thought this was the best strategy implied that I was using it. I now understand that this was in reference to Jericho's playing, and not my own, and I am ready to address that now.

I wrote:Unvote: Enforcer, Vote: Jericho for engaging in the all too easy practice of Enforcer bashing.
The original reason for my vote was that it seemed too obvious to go after Enforcer and that meant that a mafia member might use that as an opportunity to blend.
Rhino wrote:So do I - I'm going to Vote: Enforcer, for acting like he's the sole arbiter of when we're allowed to bandwagon.
Jericho wrote:wow i didnt know you were in charge cos your telling evreyone when to vote in this gmae. unvote, vote enforcer
Jericho had voted Enforcer for the same reason that Rhino had voted for him, without adding anything of his own, so it seemed logical at the time.
Jericho wrote:The more I hear from enforcer the more I think he's not scum, just arrogant. But solid's right, he is still very suspicious looking because of Rhinos death. unvote enforcer and FoS: enforcer
I assume that this was in response to this post, in which my conclusion was essentially that I had no conclusion, only some new questions. The reason that my vote still stands is that, rather than defend his vote in some way, he immediately changed on the basis that I was right(About what I don't know).

Now if we really want to talk about misrepresenting facts...
Jericho wrote:I wasn't "after" you, as you said before,
Jericho wrote:throughout all of the quotes I've used above, [solid074] implies and outright says that I've been "after him".
Funny, I just checked the entire posting record for this alias and couldn't find the word "after" in it anywhere.

I did however find an accusation directed at Jericho for writing a baseless inflammatory post about myself that had no substance. I still have no other interpretation for said post.

Jericho wrote:Isn't that a bit weird, considering I haven't voted for him or even FoS'd him until now? Makes me wonder what he's got to hide.
No, it's not weird, considering that, until this post...
Jericho wrote:Enforcer mightve acted arrogant, but solid's a tool. Solid is one of those thick-headed morons who are convinced that in order to play mafia well you have to form an opinion and then develop a case of chronic tunnel vision and never ever change your mind no matter what anyone says. He also is the Greatest Mafia Player of All Time because he has everything figured out and has "moved me up his scum list", as if anyone cares. Whatever.

Are you mith?
...I did not even imply that Jericho had said anything relating to suspicions of myself. The fact that no vote or FoS was present in the above post is immaterial, as the only logical interpretation is a direct attack on my own playing. Makes me wonder what he's got to hide.
solid074
solid074
Townie
solid074
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (isolation #15) » Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:21 am

Post by solid074 »

This whole last page is stupid. I wish I had never gotten down this rabbit trail.
Vote: Serpent
for no reason other than plain old lurking.[/b]
solid074
solid074
Townie
solid074
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (isolation #16) » Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:20 am

Post by solid074 »

I've been wondering the same thing reines.

As for SatiricalBob and Enforcer, I was beginning to think that all the stupidity in this game was largely my own fault. Now I'm beginning to think that blind games somehow cause mass hysteria in the players.

As far as Enforcer's exposition of my playing, that was very clever. Out of context. The first quote was in reference to Enforcer specifically(I still think there must be very little going on between his ears), the second quote was in reference to my treatment of the whole town.

Anyway I'd like to move on now. It would be very nice if some players would participate.
solid074
solid074
Townie
solid074
Townie
Townie

Post Post #100 (isolation #17) » Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:23 am

Post by solid074 »

Crap. It's ironic how often I'm feeling stupid in this game. Enforcer is basically right. When I said that second thing I was somehow thinking that Enforcer was responding to something I had said earlier in that same post. I hate when I do that. I remember previewing that post several times, must've screwed up perception of linear time majorly to get me to do that. This game just isn't going well for me.
solid074
solid074
Townie
solid074
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (isolation #18) » Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:33 am

Post by solid074 »

Unvote: Serpent
for the reason stated by Rosebud.[/b]
solid074
solid074
Townie
solid074
Townie
Townie

Post Post #107 (isolation #19) » Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:31 am

Post by solid074 »

Enforcer, are you nuts? That "battle royal" was the most counter-productive thing that happened this entire game.
solid074
solid074
Townie
solid074
Townie
Townie

Post Post #111 (isolation #20) » Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:41 pm

Post by solid074 »

Whoever that was was not suggesting that we never lynch someone who we won't kill. They were merely saying we shouldn't today, as the first day lynchn is mostly random and mainly for information. It wouldn't tell us anything if nobody died.

Man, I've got no clue anymore. It's a little surprising that there has been no deadline set yet.
solid074
solid074
Townie
solid074
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (isolation #21) » Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:44 pm

Post by solid074 »

Vote: SatiricalBob
because his three posts consist of an OMGUS vote, a stupid question, and an annoying, rabble-rousing commentary on the argument between myself and Jericho. Someone is being much too quiet.
solid074
solid074
Townie
solid074
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (isolation #22) » Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:36 am

Post by solid074 »

Bob, the fact the you chose not to get involved in that fiasco does not change the fact that you've been uninvolved in the game. Although saying it has nearly doubled your post count.
solid074
solid074
Townie
solid074
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (isolation #23) » Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:27 am

Post by solid074 »

Well now I just think you're a poor player Bob. Nobody wanted a role-cliam. What you were supposed to do was get involved in the game.

Unvote: SatiricalBob
THat claim is good enough for now I suppose.

Gahhh, this is irritating.[/b]
solid074
solid074
Townie
solid074
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (isolation #24) » Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:44 am

Post by solid074 »

so wait, did the slot machine have something to do with Hambone's loss of gil? I don't see Bob saying it explicitly, or I wouldn't ask.
solid074
solid074
Townie
solid074
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (isolation #25) » Sat Nov 01, 2003 1:12 pm

Post by solid074 »

I guess that narrow's the possibilities for Gon's role. It also narrows the possibility for anyone who voted Enforcer. I'll have to look back and figure out exactly who that is.
solid074
solid074
Townie
solid074
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (isolation #26) » Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:01 am

Post by solid074 »

What does enforcer have to do with it? His role could only get subgroup information. And, so far as I know, Jericho has not violated that.

I just read back over some of Jericho's posts to confirm that he didn't role-claim and was reminded of what I didn't like about Jericho in the first place. And now I'm more convinced than ever that he's scum. I'm going to try to be careful here, as carelessness cost us time in the past. Here goes(forgive the heavy quoting, I don't want anyone to take my word for it):
solid074 wrote:
Enforcer wrote:Honestly, why the heck would I, with no attention on me, stand up and throw FOS's around if I was mafia. It would be the most retarded mafia play ever, especially on Day One with cops around.
This fits in very nicely with my theory that you are, in fact, a retard.

Actually one of the things that makes me ludicrously suspicious of Enforcer is Rhino's death, though indirectly. It would make sense that an anti-town would do it to frame Enforcer(Good use of a day kill actually) but the evidence swings against that. Rhino was an investigative role. Which means that last night he found out about something. Then he quietly put his vote on enforcer with no explanation and left it sitting there. Very often an investigator does that because he got lucky and found scum, but doesn't want to reveal himself if he doesn't have to. Now that he's dead and we know it makes it seem very logical that he would be scum, though it doesn't explain the motive behind the death.

So what else could this mean? I like to play my own devil's advocate. It could mean that the mafia is trying to disassociate from Enforcer, not likely this early in the game, unless they think his stupidity is that much of a liability. Perhaps he belongs to a seperate evil group. That would fit in with the mafia trying to frame him and an investigation finding him evil. Which brings another possibility to mind. Enforcer could be a good role that would appear bad based on his abilities. We don't know how much Rhino knew about the game. Maybe he got a result like "Enforcer can steal" and figured that a thief had to be evil, when in fact he was Locke, who is a good guy.

So yeah, the evidence can be interpretted for Enforcer.

By the way, I wasn't "Testing" anyone. I'm being this abusive because you really are that stupid.

Unvote: Enforcer, Vote: Jericho for engaging in the all too easy practice of Enforcer bashing.
Jericho wrote:OK, I'm using msword to compose my posts from now on so you guys will quit complaining about my spelling and typing. Sorry for that. :)

The more I hear from enforcer the more I think he's not scum, just arrogant. But solid's right, he is still very suspicious looking because of Rhinos death. unvote enforcer and FoS: enforcer
solid074 wrote:Of all the reactions I thought to get out of Jericho this one was not what I expected.

I expected him to complain that first day votes are rarely better than random, or to defend his vote for Enforcer as being somehow logical. The first I couldn't have refuted(Though it wouldn't have done a whole lot for making him look innocent). The second, who knows what would have happened. But for some reason he takes a third approach that I didn't expect at all.

Instead he retracts his vote, but leaves an FoS. As if to say "Gee, he's got a point, this does look suspicious, I'd better back off. I'll leave an FoS to make it look like I'm still following my own line of reasoning though.". Which of course moves him higher up my scum list for trying to do things that
look
non-scummy rather than things that
are
non-scummy.
solid074 wrote:Did I mention that Jericho apparently missed the ramifications of the "Devil's advocate" part of my post?

My point was that ultimately, I couldn't really interpret the data satisfactorily, and Occcam's razor was no help, so I was left to wonder what the motives were behind Rhino's vote and the cause of his subsequent death.
To which I got this response...
Jericho wrote:Enforcer mightve acted arrogant, but solid's a tool. Solid is one of those thick-headed morons who are convinced that in order to play mafia well you have to form an opinion and then develop a case of chronic tunnel vision and never ever change your mind no matter what anyone says. He also is the Greatest Mafia Player of All Time because he has everything figured out and has "moved me up his scum list", as if anyone cares. Whatever. :roll:

Are you mith?
So here's my argument restated with a little extra perspective. I gave a two paragraph discussion of Rhino's death, as is my wont. midway through I decided to play devil's advocate, changed my mind(as evidenced by my admittance: "So yeah, the evidence can be interpretted for Enforcer."). To all of this Jericho replied that he agreed. For starters there was nothing to agree with. At most, my argument was ambivalent. And somebody who did not wish to misrepresent me would have noticed that. On top of that(and this is hindsight) he agreed with an argument that turned out to be against an innocent(Not quite as powerful an allegation, I know). I even called him on this at the time, adding in how he didn't defend his vote or say "it was only random", which was a rather poorly formed argument. I still stand behind the logic, but understand why it was misinterpretted. Never mind. The next thing that happened was that Jericho called me "A tool" and "One of those thick-headed morons", implied that I thought I was "The Greatest Mafia Player of All Time" and then said that nobody cares what I think even though I represented one tenth of the towns voting power at the time. Basically it was an inflammatory post that I believe was composed specifically to make me angry, and I have further evidence to this based on similar tactics taken with others.
Jericho wrote:cos bandwagonings how you get infromation o nthe first day. no one looks suspicius the first day so you bandwagon someone to see how pepole vote and then maybe someone looks suspicius from that. fos misha
This seemed to be a more general attempt to make "players" angry. Perhaps it was directed at Misha, who responded the most to it.

This one, on the other hand, seems like it was a fairly direct attempt to make Enforcer angry. And it worked. Notice how this time, when somebody took the bait, he kept going with it for a while.(I haven't quoted that part as it would include a huge chunk of the thread, sorry)
Jericho wrote:
Enforcer wrote:FOS: Jericho because it was, in fact, too early to bandwagon. Bandwagons are based usually on suspicious behavior, but yours was groundless. Fearing serpents doesn't count

I reccomend a bandwagon on one of these three.
wow i didnt know you were in charge cos your telling evreyone when to vote in this gmae. unvote, vote enforcer
Basically, I think Jericho has been playing the town from day one, and I'm sorry I helped him so much by wasting so much time.
Vote: Jericho
solid074
solid074
Townie
solid074
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (isolation #27) » Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:06 am

Post by solid074 »

Why do we think that there's a magic deflector?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”