PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #52 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:54 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

Meme-- I got no problem with first day lurker hunting-- I hate lurkers.

However, I found your play and behavior after his return to be quite spurious.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #81 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:01 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Trip My Wire-- understandable reaction to first exposure of my play- so will chalk it up to that-- also don't think meme has played with me yet either. I see halfpint indicated having a "read" on meme so will buy that comment for now and unvote. Actually Stewie comments are perking up my suspsicions so
unvote, vote stewie
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #91 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:33 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

okay-- now meme and halfpint are going at it- I moved off meme cause Halfpint made a comment that her reading of meme suggested meme was clean. SO I got no clue what is goig on and really need to sort through things more so
UNVOTE
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #102 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:26 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

so then if received such PM then why did you decide to say she was not scum?
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #105 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:30 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

well given this is beetlejuice mafia I wouldn't put it past the mod to have red herrings.

Our choice is test it by running her up, or letting her live.

I see reasonable logic to both approaches.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #108 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:18 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

come on seriously MeMe-

Lynching halfpint wouldn't tell us squat.

Lynching you would tell us a ton. If we lynch you we know whether the message was a setup view beetlejuice or if it was some accurate info-

the last plan that seems sound to me is lynching halfpintm that is just plain absurd to me.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #111 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:52 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

MeMe wrote:
PeaceBringer wrote:Lynching you would tell us a ton. If we lynch you we know whether the message was a setup view beetlejuice or if it was some accurate info-
Oh my...I just realized that you're assuming there is, indeed a message. Why would you assume that just on halfpint's word?

And if you lynch me...why would that further let you know that this alleged message was a set-up?? It'd be equally as likely that the message was non-existent as that it was simply bogus...slightly more so as it's been pointed out by two people -- one of them being, interestingly enough, YOU -- that her behavior was not in line with the receipt of such a note.

Very interesting. Very, very interesting.
yes, I assume there was such a PM- why because I don't see the value in scum lying about that to get a lynch. Not a good scum play INMHO. Just doesn't make sense. Halfpints behavior was a bit inconsistent but your reaction to the information I find troubling as well.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #113 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:13 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

Stewie wrote:I think that either halfpint is lying or that the Pm is as good as crap. If I had gotten a Pm saying that someone was scum, I would look at them closer, but actually assume the opposite of what the Pm says, or completly ignore it as evidence. Why would the mod tell you who is scum?
I see 2 options-- Red Herring or some sort of passed on investigative info- not sure what is most likely. I really don't like either as a lynch today but not really a solid target either.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #117 (isolation #11) » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:54 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

rolandofthewhite wrote:I'm really not sure that the PM is valid, either. A hint isn't enough to lynch someone, particularly if we only have one person's word for it. It would be an interesting tactic for scum to say the got a PM that said that someone
MIGHT
be scum, get that innocent person lynched, and then say, "Oops. Not my fault though. The PM only said 'might'..."

And I do find it odd how eager PB is to believe halfpint and lynch MeMe... But not quite enough to merit my vote yet.
WTH-- way to spin what I said. Have I said one word at all about being eager to lynch MeMe. I said what the options are, even discussed possibility of meme being set up. If we are to lynch only one of meme or halfpint, meme would be choice based on behavior but I would much rather find another direction. Stewie currently has my vote, so
FOS Roland for now
and am certainly in a mood to change my vote but right now will just point at you cause twisting words is scummy.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #119 (isolation #12) » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:58 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

OKay Meme, you are doing everything in your power to convince me that you are scum. Yes, I didn't double check where my vote was an forgot I had voted. I never have claimed to gone back and read throught he details. I only discussed what I am reacting to.

Yes, I asked halfpint about the inconsistency in her behavior, trying to sort out the information. The claim of getting a note and then saying most likely village is a question but I found the answer to the question reasonable.

So what are the options-

1- Halfpint got the note, meme is in fact guilty.
2. Halfpint got the note, it is a frame up.
3. Halfpint did not get the note and is lying just to lynch Meme.

Lets examine the options.

Option one- Meme is scum. This can be examined by Meme being lynched or being investigated.

Option two- this can be examined by meme being lynched or investigated.

Option three would be a bold move by scum and would result in Halfpint getting self lynched. It would be a sacrificial play by scum. Possible.

Of those options I find the 3rd option to be least likely and don't believe it. I view the other 2 optoins as being more likely and do see the possibility of a frame up to exist in a beetlejuice game.

Proposed options

1. Lynch Meme- learn quickly if notes are accurate or false if exist.
2. Lynch someone else, leave Meme for investigation.- still need to find another scummy player to lynch. Meme could be "godfather" type role but being beetlejuice if was scummy maybe a chance unscummified?
3. Lynch no one, let investigation sort it out tomorrow.- we get no voting record, scum get a chance to act but might be called for.
4. Lynch Halfpint- I personally fail to see how this would sort any of the options except the last and see it as low gain.

I was disturbed by Meme suggesting the worst possible option. I find her reaction to what has been going on disturbing and find the behavior to appear scummy to me. I haven't played before with me but did read a game in which she was scum and find similarities in presentation but that may be her style in general.

Unlike what has been claimed, I have not advocated for lynching Meme.

I thought my last vote was on stewie. I was wrong. I initially backed off of meme given Halfpint suggesting the Meme was playing village self. SInce I don't know meme, took that word and backed off even though meme felt scummy to me. I just have my gut reactions to the play at hand and this is what I see. I also know people can easily take my play and turn it toward being suspiscious because I do make errors, am not always detail oriented and just have a style folks think are scummy.

So I HAVE NOT ADVOCATED A COURSE OF ACTION. I have not insisted on lynching MEME as the best course. It would be how I would lean at the moment but I also see the other options. I find it real scummy that when questioned on play to have the heat turned on that person. I am an easy person to turn heat on to.

So keep up the pressure Meme--only makes you look more scummy.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #121 (isolation #13) » Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:20 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

Meme, I reacted to your saying that lynching Halfpint would be a good idea.

Notice in all this I haven't vote for you again. I have simply been discussing options. I find you play scummy, yes. You find my play scummy. The game I read where you were scum was the Newbie island game and I have noticed you doing the same things here. THat granted is my only real experience of your play. So this may be your usual approach.

No I was not suggesting no lynch. I haven't suggested any of the options. Unlike you who have jumped to a conclusion based on my play.

So far we have been at odds. You went hard after dourgrim and I didn't see any sound reason for that. In turn you began a fight with halfpint who in turn said she had a note saying you were guilty. Since I tend to consider it likely she got something and just a matter of whether accurate or set up.

The "phony" play you say makes sense because she can say oops, mistake. Well, there is too much risk in that kind of play to have any real bg payoff. If there is only one day of notes, halfpint gets lynched if come off as a set-up. THere are the chance that any investigator may look there way.

Again note I have not voted for you yet. I have not settled yet for a course of action. Your stated intent to convince everyone to lynch me has me very concerned and seems very scummy.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #123 (isolation #14) » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:30 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

My my Meme, when you get going, you do really get going.

See I haven't voted for you yet cause I would like to get thoughts on the other players as to what they see, in case I miss something. I have no intent of trying to lead others in any direction. I state my thoughts, cast my votes, and go from there. So you want my vote on you, I got no problem voting you.
VOTE MEME

However, I really would like to get a sense of what the right play is, or the best play for the town and not just go off voting for you, on the off chance that you are not the lying scum you come off to me as being. I seen this behavior from you before, in the one game I read. I saw you manage to convince folks to get a doctor lynched. You are really quite persuasive. But I also realize I may be just reacting to your normal style, I got no freakin' clue what the reality is.

Sure Halfpint could be godfather type as well. And a made up note would make sense but again not a typical play and a bold gambit. And yes your play bothers me enough that I don't see "everything"

Meme-- it was your behavior after Dourgrim posted, not before. Yes I hate lurkers but when folks re-engage the game on day one that is usually good enough for me initially.

And yes, Meme you didn't say out right. I want to get Peacebringer lynched. But certainly your comment of keeping up the pressure and ongoing attempts to paint my play as scummy does.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #125 (isolation #15) » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:23 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

MeMe wrote:
PeaceBringer wrote:My my Meme, when you get going, you do really get going.
Right back atcha. Though I'll note that you didn't bother contributing much until I leaned.

I would also like to hear others' input...but I don't need to hide behind it. I'm
fine
making my own strong decisions (leading), and I'm also fine changing my mind later (following OR leading in a different direction) if input warrants it. But, so far, I'm just a lone voice -- only the second vote on you. You seem scared I'm a leader when
no one
else has weighed in on this back and forth. Paranoia, perhaps?

You sound more and more as though you wanted to push without committing, which could have resulted in coming off as a follower though you'd been an instigator. That you avoided placing your vote until now...but felt the need to do so after I pointed out how scummy it was that you
hadn't
looks as though you, too, were worried it didn't look quite right.

Yep. So happy with my current vote.
I do thoughts of different things for different reasons, none of which I care to explain related to how I play this game. I watch things. I get reactions. Maybe you do the same thing, but Meme, I really wanted to hear what others thought. I hate retalitory voting. I truely wanted a discussion of the best way to go about sorting through this information.
Your play today has had me alarmed, so granted I may already be skewed but I have no problem with you going to night and being investigated as well. And yes, I am focused on your play, cause your play has come off scummy and looks a lot like your play in newbie island (my only experience observing your play).
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #127 (isolation #16) » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:31 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

maybe I have the name wrong it was the game with Locus, ROland, Lemming. Followed it to see how lemming reacted to scum players.

Roland out manuevered Lemming on the cop claim and you fooled Lemming into think you were clean on day one.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #129 (isolation #17) » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:56 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

okay read the game you pointed at and I did notice a clear tone difference in 62 from 66. I didn't in any of your posts have alarm bells go off, reading that game. I probably will peruse the other games you listed in 62 when I have chance. WTH did you just give up in 62 though. Seems like they just wore you out. Although I had games where I got worn out. Pirates mafia is an example of that. IS drove me to the point of giving up, so I can understand. Perhaps we are a bit a like style wise but I noticed a distinct difference in tone in 62 then what I saw in 66 and here so far. Granted, I may misread and I at times go off of guts which can be wrong but all I know is I am concerned. I wish others would chime in though.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #131 (isolation #18) » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:26 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

fine by me, I am out till later anyway.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #138 (isolation #19) » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:24 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

Meme-- you wonder why I try and stay back, cause it seems when ever I open my mouth and start looking at things people's initial reaction to my play is that of scuminess. Stewie has seen me in a few games and should know better, so
FOS to Stewie
on that. For Meme and Roland, I suggest taking a look at some of my games. Starting out with Zelda or the South Park mini might be a good place to start.

UNFOS Roland
for acknowleging that meme's play is similar to that game. Even though you have an ill placed vote on me.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #145 (isolation #20) » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:13 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

moving man?

explain please-
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #163 (isolation #21) » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:13 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

I find that a rather bogus claim-- could be sorted out though

If you guys really want me to claim I will.

I am Juno. I have an important role to the town. Unfortunately meme and some others put enough pressure on me to force me to out my name. I would rather not share my role functions unless pressed. It should be clear I will need protection. If I must to verify I will say I had a night action on dourgrim thus the reaction.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #166 (isolation #22) » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:11 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

halfpint wrote:
PB wrote:I am Juno. I have an important role to the town. Unfortunately meme and some others put enough pressure on me to force me to out my name. I would rather not share my role functions unless pressed. It should be clear I will need protection. If I must to verify I will say I had a night action on dourgrim thus the reaction.
I am very skeptical of your claim. I, for one, would like to hear more about your role functions.
well it is bad enough that I had come out. Since already a huge target.

I can set appointments to "help the dead" and get role name or I can "exorcise" someone.

Last night appointment with dourgrim. He is not dead but I will not specify his name.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #168 (isolation #23) » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:23 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

mod didn't specify. Role pm said I could hunt beetlejuice by exorcising. Or can set up appointments which I learn names. Dourgrim was not dead so didn't make appoitment but I do know his character name, which is again why i find MeMe's claim to be spurious cause it is vague. It seems to me she google beetlejuice and tried to find a vague role to claim cause she didn't want to stumble onto someone else's true name.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #170 (isolation #24) » Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:04 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

silly time to claim. Sitting with as many votes as meme with crap being thrown and talk of deadlines--- what the hell else was I supposed to do?
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #172 (isolation #25) » Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:12 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

all it would have taken is the scum to jump on me at last minute-

maybe it was premature but i was not feeling safe

I play by instinct and try and listen to them
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #174 (isolation #26) » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:11 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

well prefer having the person around but since dour is neither around or replaced. Dour is Delia Dietz
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #183 (isolation #27) » Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:07 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

unvote Meme vote dourgrim
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #184 (isolation #28) » Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:08 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

MeMe wrote:OK - two great things here.

1) Very possible Delia's scum. I would say that, next to Beetlejuice, she's the most evil character in the film (and Otho's pal).
2) Killing Dourgrim will tell us definitively if PeaceBringer's to be trusted.

I'll make the first move here...I'm very hopeful that others will join me.

unvote: PeaceBringer
vote: Dourgrim
I didn't know that-- not real up on the specifics of the characters.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”