Mini 798 - Unreal Tournament Mafia (OVER)

Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (isolation #0) » Sun May 24, 2009 9:01 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Cool. Game started.

I agree with FL. Clearing people based on fire methods is rather odd Xyl. Why suggest it?
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (isolation #1) » Sun May 24, 2009 11:20 am

Post by Kairyuu »

See sig. I really hope that I don't fall too behind in this one.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (isolation #2) » Mon May 25, 2009 6:16 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Mmk. Checking in. I've been reading when I can, but it's mostly been skimming.

I don't think Xyl is scum, even though he shot a townie so early, but I think he needs that gun taken away from him. He is being blatently anti-town with it. There is no reason to be shooting randomly like that.

kuribo is the same way. If your gun is that powerful then you definitely should not be using it until there is much more information to go on.

@Xyl: I would rather not be shot before even having a chance to play. I consider that rude. I am V/LA for valid reasons, and would not like to die because I did homework insead of played Mafia.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (isolation #3) » Tue May 26, 2009 6:33 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Here we go. A full recap and analysis of the game.

Xyl:
-Claims a health pod in starting location (pro-town)
-Asks if starting locations should be claimed (null, leaning pro-town)
-Points out issues with keeping power-up locations secret, namely that scum are able to share them at will (pro-town)
-Demands an explanation from veerus' altfire (null)
-Declares veerus town (null, leaning scummy)
-Asks for the location of FL's shield pack (null)
-Clarifies that he declared veerus town based on the targetless autofire of his gun (just plain dumb)
-Argues that everyone should wait on shooting until all players have weighed in (pro-town)
-Claims that random clearing is better than random shooting (I disagree, but null)
-Cantinues to argue this point, and claims that Pesco looks scummy for holding the opposite opinion (mildly scummy)
-Reveals that his gun is powerful (null)
-Reacts strangely to Pesco "voting" FL (mildly scummy)

Alright. At this point, it seems, based on Xyl's actions, that he suspects Pesco the most. He has also set himself against randomly shooting, and has revealed that his gun is damn powerful. These are all important reference points. Moving on.

-References a hope that there is no invisibility (null)
-Shoots Budja (scummy)
-Clarifies reasoning that "his posts were scummy." Also makes it clear that Budja is now dead (scummy)

Another break. Notice that, after focusing sololy on Pesco as his target of suspicion, he shoots and kills Budja, who he had said nothing about beforehand. Also, what happened to waiting for everyone to chime in, and opposing random shooting? Xyl is highly scummy for his killing Budja.

-Makes a list of FL and kuribo as town, Pesco as scummy (note he
still
is saying that Pesco is scummy, even after shooting someone else), and orto as someone he's watching (mostly null, but note what I pointed out)
-Asks for contribution from deadduck (null)
-Claims that scum are getting jumpy (null)
-Claims that people should stop asking him why he shot Budja and instead give him alternate targets. Also claims that he will continue to shoot until he dies or runs out of ammo (scummy)
-Admits that his plan is bad when respoding to Isacc.

That last bit raises the question, why, if you know your plan is bad, would you proceed with it anyway, regardless of the input of others.

-Claims that he was trying to kill a scum to confirm himself (scummy)
-Says that people shouldn't kill him because "killing the people who are trying to kill the scum creates a vicious circle" (scummy self-preservation instinct)
-Claims that, because he can't prove he's not a SK, he's going to go on a killing spree until he dies (scummy)
-Explanation stays at "I thought he was scummy" for why he killed Budja (scummy)
-Tells SC to hold onto the Redeemer (null)
-Claims, again, that he "decided to kill someone, so he killed the scummiest" (scummy)

Please note again that the only person he had called scummy before shooting Budja was Pesco, and he continued to claim she was scummy in his list. Why he would not shoot the
only person he had claimed suspicion of
is beyond me.

-Reasoning for SC keeping the Redeemer is "because it may be too dangerous to drop" (null)
-Tells deadduck to shoot him (null)
-Declares deadduck town after being shot (null-leaning scummy)
-Provides a reference to a Xylbot game where he was a dayvig and shot the scum almost immediately (null, your sample set is much to small, and Xylbot is not the same as forum mafia)
-Says he feels less special because kuribo's gun is more powerful than his (null)
-Makes a list of 6 people and asks which of them to shoot (scummy)

If he shoots anyone other than Pesco, his so called top suspect all game, they are almost definitely scum together. He has expressed numerous times that he suspects her, but yet he is going out of his way to avoid shooting her.

-Asks for my initial impressions.

Well, I set aside a few hours to write up this post, so hopefully it will be detailed enough, since I will definitely not be able to afford to spend this much time on Mafiascum again until my LA is over.

Final thoughts: I take back what I said earlier. Xyl is likely scum, and with Pesco to boot.

Wizcat:

-Agrees that clearing based on weaponry is a bad idea, and points out a flaw in the plan to send town to the health pod if it's good, and the scum if it's a trigger (null)

Final thoughts: Has not claimed V/LA, but has only posted once. Needs to get in here.

veerus:

-Altfires twice and says it's because his gun needs charging to be used properly (null)
-Calls Xyl scummy and takes the dropped Shield Gun (null)
-Continues to pursue Xyl (null)
-Tells Xyl not to kill him because the only opinion that Xyl had expressed of him was that he thought he was town (null)

Final thoughts: Everything is null for veerus. Neutral read.

Strangercoug: Dead townie.

Pesco:
-Comes up with a planned use of the health pod (pro-town, even though it wouldn't work)
-Asks for reasoning as to why Xyl declared veerus town (null)
-Makes a big show with her "point gun: Xyl"(null on it's own, mildly scummy in conjunction with Xyl's attitudes)
-Makes a vote (null)
-Calls the vote an RVS vote, and then comes up with a methodology for killing people (null)
-Calls kuribo "anti-town at best" for attacking her voting idea (mildly scummy, looks a bit like OMGUS)
-Says that Xyl is not pro-town for his killing of Budja, but seems much more withdrawn about it than others (null, leaning scummy)
-Comes up with some theory about how Xyl left the health pod and found Higher Ground, none of which there is any indication of as far as I can tell, and declares intention to shoot him (null, leaning scummy)
-Claims to be catching up. Mentions the lack of Wizcat ITT (null)

Final thoughts: I can definitely see a Pesco/Xyl scumpair at the moment. Their behavior towards each other looks quite a bit like distancing, sinc both are making threats but neither are following through.

ortolan:
-Says that Invisibility should be claimed when found because of the supposed anti-town nature of hidden shots (I can think of several pro-town uses of it, especially with weak guns, but null)
-votes kuribo (null)
-shoots Xyl (null)
-provides case as to why he thinks Xyl is a SK (null leaning pro-town)
-Claims that I am scum without reasoning (null, and needs to back up his words)
-Continues to push the Xyl=SK case (null)

Final thoughts: Orto is leaning slightly town to me right now, but mostly neutral. Needs to explain why he thinks I'm scum.

kuribo:
-Attacks Pesco for the voting thing (null)
-Says randomly clearing people is dangerous (null)
-Tells SC to be careful where he shoots if he has a Redeemer (null)
-More followup on the voting issue (null)
-Weapon speculation (null)
-Points out that Xyl knew what he was doing when he killed Budja (null)
-Warns SC again of the dangers of the Redeemer after SC picks it up (null)
-Shoots SK (scummy, but somewhat mitigated by the fact that SC was planning on blowing up Xyl as well as anyone near him, and wasn't listening to reason)
-Attacks Xyl, not for the kill, but for the reasoning (null)
-More reasoning as to why SC picking up the Redeemer and threatening to use it was dangerous (null)
-Calls the shot a warning shot (mildly scummy given what we now know about it)
-Explains why he killed SC (null)
-Explains why he called the shot a warning shot (null)
-Continues to defend his choice of shot (null)
-Points out that meta defense is invalid (I disagree, but null)

Final thoughts: I feel that kuribo's shot was a good bit more justified than Xyl's, but there was still no reason to outright kill him just because he picked up a weapon. As is obvious by his change in attitude later on, his death was unnecessary. Leaning scum, but not strongly.

Kairyuu: Me

Isacc:
-Attacks SC and Xyl for shooting so early (null)
-Says no one should pick up the redeemer (null, leaning pro-town)
-Demands an explanation from Xyl (null)
-Attacks SC for picking up the Redeemer after being specifically told not to (null)
-Threatens to kill Xyl unless he agrees to stop shooting like he claims he will (null)
-Attacks kuribo (some of the logic is invalid if you look at posting time, null)

Final thoughts: Leaning pro-town on Isacc, though again, not very strongly.

FL:
-Questions veerus' altfire (null)
-Says she doesn't like Xyl's claiming that veerus is town (null)
-Mechanic explanations (null)
-Randomness (null)
-Explanation for stance on random clearning vs random shooting (null)
-Gets irritated at both Xyl and SC for their respective foolishness (null)
-Proposes a plan for finding out what the redeemer does (mildly pro-town)
-Continues to pressure SC and Xyl (null)
-Still wants to know what the Redeemer does (null)

Final thoughts: Leaning pro-town on FL more strongly than Isacc or orto, but still not strongly enough to declare her town.

deadduck:
-Questions veerus and Xyl for their shooting (null)
-Agrees with the idea to leave the Redeemer on the ground (null)
-Continues to attack Xyl (null)
-Agrees that SC needs to claim what the Redeemer does and then drop it immediately (null)
-Continues to pressure Xyl (null)
-Shoots Xyl (null)
-Points out the "warning shot" post from kuribo (null)

Final thoughts: Neutral read.

Budja: Dead townie

Done. Final list is as follows:
Order of suspicion from most suspicious to least:
Xyl
Pesco
kuribo

veerus
deadduck
Wizcat

orto
Isacc
FL

Me

That took nearly 3 hours, which is more than the time I had alloted for it. This is problematic.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (isolation #4) » Tue May 26, 2009 3:45 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

So apparently we are all just gonna blow each other to pieces while we wait for the scum to swoop in and kill us all. Fine then, let's actually hit some scum.

ortolan blatently disregarded my last post, and just took a shot at Wizcat, who hasn't been around, and therefore can't really be nearly scummy enough to shoot. he then advocated the deaths of Xyl, me, and Wizardcat. While I agree that Xyl needs to die, he has provided 0 evidence as to why me and Wizardcat are scummy, which is scummy in and of itself.

Drop: grenade launcher

Take: Sniper Rifle

Fire: ortolan
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (isolation #5) » Tue May 26, 2009 3:58 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

@Xyl:
Scum is obviously going to lurk their way through the game and try to stay out of firefights while town tears itself to bits
I don't lurk, and I'm certainly not avoiding firefights. I believe that ortolan is scum, and I believe that there is enough evidence to kill him, so I did.
Kill Kairyuu for me please
Why?
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (isolation #6) » Tue May 26, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Wizcat is the only one who had not been around at all, and now that he's realized that the game is moving quickly he's actually posting if you'll notice. I am not clearing him, I am just assuming that he would like the same courtesy that I requested, to actually be allowed to play before getting killed.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (isolation #7) » Tue May 26, 2009 4:55 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Drop: Sniper Rifle

Take: Ripper

Drop: Relic of Invisibility

Take: Relic of Rage

The relic of invisibility allows a permanent invisible power up. If someone wants to check my gun they will notice that I never used it, because dropping it would cause a Final Fire if I had.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (isolation #8) » Tue May 26, 2009 5:36 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

That was totally not me. Unless the Sniper rifle can do that much damage without both double damage and its altfire, and unless it can somehow recharge in under 3 hours, I could not have made that shot, meaning that there is more invisibility out there.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (isolation #9) » Tue May 26, 2009 5:41 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Mmk. Ripper sucks.

drop: Ripper

Take: Redeemer
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (isolation #10) » Wed May 27, 2009 3:54 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Yes FL, it is bad.

Fire FL

Bye bye.

drop: Redeemer

Since Tar made a mistake, and there were actually 2 charges remaining when I picked it up (1 now):
Take: Sniper Rifle

drop: Relic of Rage

take: Relic of Strength

Fire: Wizardcat

Drop: Sniper Rifle

Drop: Relic of Strength

take: Relic of Rage

take: Shock Rifle
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (isolation #11) » Wed May 27, 2009 5:00 am

Post by Kairyuu »

I can tell you what it does, not nearly enough to save you. You die at 11pm.

drop: Shock Rifle

take: Flak Cannon
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (isolation #12) » Wed May 27, 2009 5:06 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Lol. Isacc just wasted his shot. I'm immune to damage.

Hey kuribo, have a quick recharge relic.

drop: relic of rage

take: relic of strength

Your recharge should be done in under an hour, if it isn't already. Have fun killing Isacc.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (isolation #13) » Wed May 27, 2009 5:09 am

Post by Kairyuu »

drop: relic of strength

take: relic of defense
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (isolation #14) » Wed May 27, 2009 5:14 am

Post by Kairyuu »

So Isacc, here's the deal. You burned your shot. Probably your only one for 24 hours. Both me and kuribo are recharging, but his charge should be up by 1pm. Once he takes his shot, if you aren't dead yet, we'll swap relics again, and I'll be able to shoot again by 11pm tonight. Unless you have some sort of super SK power, you're dead.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (isolation #15) » Wed May 27, 2009 5:20 am

Post by Kairyuu »

I must say, that was amusing. What, did he think there were 3 SKs and no Mafia?
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (isolation #16) » Wed May 27, 2009 5:29 am

Post by Kairyuu »

drop: Flak cannon

take: Plasma Rifle

Just cuz I wanna know what it does.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (isolation #17) » Wed May 27, 2009 7:10 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Ah, the sweet smell of burning corpses. Smells like . . victory.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (isolation #18) » Wed May 27, 2009 10:03 am

Post by Kairyuu »

-Charges Plasma Rifle-

-Takes Aim-

:twisted:
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (isolation #19) » Wed May 27, 2009 10:09 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Damn. Oh well. Isacc, you die at 11pm. I can deal 80+ damage to you in one shot, and kuribo can do similar. Unless you have more than 200 HP you're dead.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (isolation #20) » Wed May 27, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Nothing can save you at this point Isacc. We're both immune to damage, and will be until long after you're dead.

If I thought that nothing could save Isacc, the game would already be over. It's not. There's a reason for that, though the Mafia doesn't know what it is. - Tar
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (isolation #21) » Wed May 27, 2009 4:04 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Grr. You've just totally ruined my bluff, Tar. The mind games were designed to produce a sense of hopelessness where he would be less likely to notice anything he could use against us successfully.

@Isacc: I'm serious about the invulnerability though. Take another shot at either of us with anything if you want proof.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (isolation #22) » Wed May 27, 2009 4:52 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Hells yes! That takes my total games as scum up to 3 (I don't seem to be Mafia very often at all), and keeps my scum win rate at 100%, with 2 perfect wins from each alignment now.

I found a combo that not even Tar noticed! I'm happy.

@Tar: Also, kuribo was sitting on 12 Adrenaline according to my count, and I was sitting on 14. We could each have activated Camouflage after his ran out to be able to sit unharmed for another 36 hours.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (isolation #23) » Wed May 27, 2009 5:05 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

@FL: By the time you picked up the mini gun (it sucked pretty bad btw) I had already become immune to damage for 36 hours (I activated it when veerus died so his Final Fire couldn't kill me). You wouldn't have been able to do anything to me. Also, I killed you, not kuribo. I pretty much went public with my alignment as soon as I realized that veerus had killed another townie for us. By that point I knew I could outright kill 2 out of the 3 remaining townies at once with the Redeemer/Sniper Rifle combo, so I was convinced that scum had won (even though at the time I thought kuribo would be dead).

Interesting note though. Out of the 10 total deaths (I'm counting Isacc as a kill, since it was inevitable), only 2 were caused, and an additional 2 contributed to by the town.

Xyl killed Budja and Pesco
kuribo killed SC and veerus
I killed Fl and Wizcat (with the help of orto for Wizcat)
Isacc was a team effort

only the deaths of Xyl and deadduck were caused fully by townies. Wizcat and ortolan I helped you guys kill.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (isolation #24) » Wed May 27, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

@veerus: I used my Camouflage combo as soon as Tar said you had a Final Fire. If you would have shot at me I would have taken 0 damage.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”