Mini #138 Space and Sci Fi Mini-Mafia- FINALLY DONE!

DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:27 pm

Post by DoomCow »

random voting... I like it (especially start of day 1)

random
Vote: JediKnight

Hmm... no kills... not bad... not bad at all... but we have no clue of the possible evil(s) in this game now...
No you weren't there when nothing happened baby, some fool can testify. Nobody saw your nails were dirty baby, just blame the flirty vile. You've got to say the wrong words right baby, you got to tell a lie.
-'Lie' Daan
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 25, 2004 2:40 am

Post by DoomCow »

I'm wondering about the communique we overheard. I'm not all sure what it means, but my guess would be that someone is immune to some night abilities. Maybe that is the reason why sycko hasn't gotten a result?
No you weren't there when nothing happened baby, some fool can testify. Nobody saw your nails were dirty baby, just blame the flirty vile. You've got to say the wrong words right baby, you got to tell a lie.
-'Lie' Daan
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (isolation #2) » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:41 am

Post by DoomCow »

My opinion is that "no goal" would mean he wins if he survives, or that he is pro-town.

I'd like to hear from Maximus what he thinks about these accusations before dropping a vote...
-'Lie' Daan
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (isolation #3) » Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:45 am

Post by DoomCow »

I'm inclined to believe Maximus for now, but I dislike him giving up on the game (by voting for himself). I'm not going to vote, but I won't regret seeing him hanged at this point.
-'Lie' Daan
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (isolation #4) » Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:23 am

Post by DoomCow »

I hate to disappoint you, but there is no need for a replacement. I'm still here. I still see no big leads popping up yet, but I plan on making a nice reread tomorrow (I'll try to do it a bit later tonight, but it probably be tomorrow). Hopefully that clears things up a bit for me. I'm not into thinking that much at the moment and I probably could use a good nights sleep in a bit.
-'Lie' Daan
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (isolation #5) » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:27 am

Post by DoomCow »

I finished my read, and there are a few people sticking out. Unfortunatly, the one that seems the most scummy at this point is the only one who is verified as being who he claims. Crola. However, it is largely assumed he is an innocent. I played Starcraft a few times (just the first game) and it wasn't really my kind of game (I prefer turn based), so I know not of his allegiance in the game. For now I'm willing to accept him as innocent though.

Coolbot seems a bit overeager to lynch maximus and phoebus just acts strange... Even for his doing.

As for IS, he plays like he often does, but his claim. I'm not sure about that one. First, in most games I have seen with him, he didn't claim. Even worse, he scolded the town for lynching him. Now, with this info in the back of my head, I see him claim a powerful role (if pro-town, if I remember correctly the clones in attack of the clones were a bit on the evil side). And I see him claim on day 2, when he isn't even halfway up to being lynched.
-'Lie' Daan
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (isolation #6) » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:00 am

Post by DoomCow »

I don't think Maximus' role is overpowered. His protection only kicks in when his target retreats to his ship, in which case he can't use his night ability. Further a person can't stay in his ship for subsequent nights. I hardly call that an overly effective protection. The role sounds more like a bodyguard than a doc to me.

Oh, and a
vote: coolbot
-'Lie' Daan
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (isolation #7) » Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:55 pm

Post by DoomCow »

I'm not placing my vote (again) on the base of the rolename. We did lynch the good Borg this way, remember. Now, The thing I find more interesting is the method of cloning.

Jedi claims he takes DNA on the first night, then clones on the second.
IS claims he can clone with a 50% chance per night.

IS, one question: what methods do you use to clone someone? Also by taking some DNA? Or do you have machines with the stored DNA of everyone in the game?
-'Lie' Daan
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (isolation #8) » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:34 am

Post by DoomCow »

I've been doing some thinking on this game, and the thing that surprises me most is that in 3 nights, we haven't had a single nightkill. Also, a single (possible) report on a battle. Now, I for one find it hard to believe that the doc has that many luck, especially in the first days. Therefore, I think we might have to deal with a cult or something like that. Maybe even one that kills and clones at night.

Now, I won't vote on Viqles since I refuse to acknowledge that all lurkers are per definition evil.
-'Lie' Daan
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (isolation #9) » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:38 pm

Post by DoomCow »

Yesterday I mentioned something similar to what IS just did:
DoomCow wrote:Therefore, I think we might have to deal with a cult or something like that. Maybe even one that kills and clones at night.
The more I think about it, the more confident I get about the baddies using the clones for evil. A clone comes back to life, and is immediatly clear of all suspicion. Gives the mafia at least a chance in a game with a good cloner (I doubt the mafia has 2 of 'em), a roleblocker (according to IS), multiple cops (borg/tok'ra), bodyguard (Maximus), and the other pro-town roles. Also, it makes Crola's role more interesting (self-resurrection beats cloning I assume) I think it might be a bit premature to declare CoolBot a definate good guy for now.
-'Lie' Daan
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (isolation #10) » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:28 am

Post by DoomCow »

the claims for as far that I have them noted (believe it's all of them so far)

CoolBot: One of Nine, Borg. Proven by his lynch. Revival could make him part of cult.
Sycko999: claims Tok'Ra, cop. Proven by naming Crola right on day 1
IS: claims Kaminaon Prime Minister. Cloner.
JediKnight: claims Noktor, krakati cloner.
Coron: found to be from Star Trek Universe by CoolBot.

StD, me and Nanook are unclaimed.

As for the IS thing, I found myself suspicious about him ever after his claim. And am willing to vote, but for the sake of the game, I won't to allow for more discussion.
-'Lie' Daan
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (isolation #11) » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:11 pm

Post by DoomCow »

well, I'm putting my
Vote: IS

I've been slightly suspicious about him since his claim on day 2, and that suspicion only grow during the rest of the days. Also, the fact that the only time he claims to have made a choice (night 3) he was blocked (or so he claims)
-'Lie' Daan
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (isolation #12) » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:35 pm

Post by DoomCow »

I'm pretty sure this clears CoolBot, who claimed to be a cop and was revived.
-'Lie' Daan
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (isolation #13) » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:46 am

Post by DoomCow »

vote: IS

He didn't explain why he wasn't lynched yesterday, and I doubt the MOD would make links to usernames like that.

And no, I haven't claimed yet...
-'Lie' Daan
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (isolation #14) » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:19 am

Post by DoomCow »

I'm sorry to disappoint you, IS, but I'm not the scum you're looking for. Remeber back at night three, when you were blocked? Well, that was me, but I can't just block everyone, I just block roles that make use of the force (yes, I'm from Star wars, but the books only, I don't remember being in the movies). I even asked on what your cloning was based, knowing you used the forceif you were blocked. I didn't go to deep into it because you didn't know. But with the latest lynch survival I'm growing more certain that you are scum. Hence the vote.
-'Lie' Daan
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #634 (isolation #15) » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:36 am

Post by DoomCow »

I'm not sure why you didn't get a result on me, but I do know that the Force does now work on me. I'm not sure if this has any effect on your powers or not. But you don't use the force according to this post:
sycko999 wrote: I investigate by, I guess, inhabiting them while they sleep, so they never know what happend.
Then again, you seem to incline that you do not know how it works exactly. As for a role name, I can give it freely, since most of my role is revealed. I am Nom Anor, of the Yuuzhan Vong.
-'Lie' Daan
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (isolation #16) » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:41 pm

Post by DoomCow »

StD, what night did you investigate me? I used my force-blocking powers on you on one night, and the way you phrase it (not with you) makes me believe it was that specific night you targeted me as well.

As for Coron, Soong sounds a plausible character to use. I do wonder how his role translates into this game, but it's not top priority. I'm willing to assume he is innocent, based on the name. I do want to hear from Nanook though...
-'Lie' Daan
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (isolation #17) » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:39 pm

Post by DoomCow »

On Enterprise a Soong appeared in a trilogy of episodes. The story behind this was that he was a genetic engineer that revived a dozen of augments (genetically enhanced humans) and raised them for ten years. After that he was arrested by starfleet and the augments were left to their own. Another ten years later, Jonathan Archer and the Enterprise are ordered to enlist Soong to hunt down the Augments, who stole a Klingon Bird of Pray. The peace between Klingons and Human depends on it.

And night 5 was the night I blocked StD, so that seems to fit...

(to be more complete, I was shipbound on the even nights and did nothing night 1)
-'Lie' Daan
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (isolation #18) » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:28 pm

Post by DoomCow »

You probably got no result on me since I am immune to the powers of the Force.
-'Lie' Daan
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (isolation #19) » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:49 am

Post by DoomCow »

I do not know why your investigations came up with nothing, but the Force does not work on me (in any way) and I can choose to target a single person at night. If I do they cannot use the force that night. I used it three times so far. (night 3: IS, night 5: StD and night 7: Nanook)

Apart from my ships that's all there is to me. As for my suspicions, Nanook and StD are highest on my list.
-'Lie' Daan

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”