Mini 172 -- Friends Mafia -- Can you believe it? Over!

mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #0) » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:08 am

Post by mepmuff »

Hi all. I'll be replacing somethingcreative, as halfpint has just posted.
I have been following this game, and I do remember there was something that loked suspicious. I'm not sure if it was cadmium though. I'll do a proper read-through tomorrow and get back to you with more.
Disclaimer: Not an actual claim. [i](Save The Dragons in Peacecity 1)[/i]
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #1) » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:17 pm

Post by mepmuff »

Ok, first: Thanks for the protection. I'm not sure if I was targeted or if the mafia kill was prevented by the SK (which I'm quite certain we have, or it would be second mafia group).

What I find surprising is that the scorching isn't being discussed much. I'm thinking either Monica (chef) or Rachel (she left on her hair straightener and burned down phoebe's appartment). Rachel seems like a good scorcher character, but she came to the perk night one (although I'm not sure that actually means those didn't have a night action). It could also be Frank (phoebe's half brother), who like to melt stuff.

About the thing I found suspicious while following this game: It was somethingcreatives post about not seeing the evidence against maximus. The bandwagon against maximus made a lot of sense, especially for a day one wagon, so I couldn't believe that post by somethingcreative.

About uglie's partner in crime: We'll find out with tonights kill who we should be looking for. Personally I'm expecting mr heckles to be involved (Not sure how he would kill though).

As for cadmium, I didn't find his little tete-a-tete with Phoebus that incriminating, and I think he's about the only one who talked some sense this day.

Also:
FOS: olio
olio wrote:Only one explanation Dragon Phoenix didn't bring up for Joey being alive is that Joey could be a SK.
Although I understand we have to be careful about a surviving doc, I think that just putting this sentence in a post without going into detail regarding modus operandi or possible saves makes it look more like a fishing expedition in my eyes. By that I mean to say that it looks like the sentence was dropped in the hopes that other people would start accusing StevieT92.

This will have to do for now.
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:43 pm

Post by mepmuff »

vote: Stewies

Like DP, your post made the hairs on my back stand up. You don't find cadmium suspicious, but since you don't want to make any comments whatsoever (I personally think there's always something going on), so you just rush the lynch?
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:57 am

Post by mepmuff »

You did read DP's post I was referring to?
Yes
What are the odds that Joey was protected last night in your opinion?
Slim to none. But stranger things have happened.
What is the exact meaning of modus operandi in this context and why didn't you type it in English?
You mean M.O. doesn't mean anything in English? I wonder why I hear it so much in police series than...

Modus Operandi: The way something is done. In criminal context: The way a crime is commited. Scorching / Crushing in this case.
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:02 pm

Post by mepmuff »

Stewie wrote:
mepmuff wrote:Like DP, your post made the hairs on my back stand up. You don't find cadmium suspicious, but since you don't want to make any comments whatsoever (I personally think there's always something going on), so you just rush the lynch?
I wouldn't call it "rushing the lynch" and I have no idea why you are. He had two votes. I put on the third. That's hardly rushing a lynch. I was trying to start a conversation, something at which I was quite successful at, apparently.
You weren't rushing the lynch and you didn't find him suspicious. Why
did
you vote for him? I'm not buying the starting a conversation bit. If you want to start a conversation then you start one by talking or making an accusation which has
some
basis. These are the exact things I did in post 121 this game. My FOS for olio and some opinions which I can't believe noone has any comment on.
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #5) » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:01 pm

Post by mepmuff »

Yes, I saw your answer was to start a conversation. And I told you I'm not buying it. How does voting for someone who you don't think to be scum help us? What kind of conversation were you hoping for, a claim of a person you believe to be innocent?

About your reaction to my FOS: I was thinking when I read it :"Hey, that would be a nice way to get someone else to throw the first stone". That's why I FOS'ed. I didn't vote, because I didn't actually believe there was evil intent, but to stay quiet would keep the game, well, quiet. If you don't want me to say stuff I can't prove and at the same time claim to want conversation, you're lying one way or the other.
Furthermore, if I do get lynched, I recomend the rest of you look at the people who are currently voting for me, there are pretty good chances that at least 2 scum are voting for me at this point.
This kind of stuff always gets a laugh out of me. You know this sentence makes it less likely for anyone to move their vote? Because the first one to move must be a bad guy who wants to stay hidden.
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #6) » Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:50 am

Post by mepmuff »

Mmmm... This is getting difficult. My gut tells me Stewie is telling the truth, but I'd never forgive myself if he turns out bad and we let him get away with this.

For now:
unvote: Stewie
I need to think some more about his claim and corrections. I'm also very interested in Olio's answers, which gives me another reason to remove the vote for now.
NanookTheWolf wrote:When you say that Ross told you that Monica was cheating on Chandler .. You think that it is probable that Ross is in this game then? I know that for now this may not be the best move, but if come time we could use Ross to clear you. Although we don't want to wait for endgame to do this obviously ..
I'm missing something here: How does the existence of ross in this game clear Stewie?
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #7) » Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:51 am

Post by mepmuff »

Mmmm... This is getting difficult. My gut tells me Stewie is telling the truth, but I'd never forgive myself if he turns out bad and we let him get away with this.

For now:
unvote: Stewie
I need to think some more about his claim and corrections. I'm also very interested in Olio's answers, which gives me another reason to remove the vote for now.
NanookTheWolf wrote:When you say that Ross told you that Monica was cheating on Chandler .. You think that it is probable that Ross is in this game then? I know that for now this may not be the best move, but if come time we could use Ross to clear you. Although we don't want to wait for endgame to do this obviously ..
I'm missing something here: How does the existence of ross in this game clear Stewie?
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #8) » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:34 pm

Post by mepmuff »

Ok, I'm really in doubt about Stewie. If I were forced to decide a lynch for the town right now it would be him, based on the fact that if he isn't scum we're at least getting rid of someone who has been doing the scum a favour with careless play.

On the subject of people who aren't playing along: niMic. I really want to hear something. I can understand problems with access can be infuriating, but at least give us some of your thoughts if you've read the thread.

Related to this, I'd also like to read a bit more of DP's thoughts. He's clearly reading the game, but is keeping his thoughts to himself I think.
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (isolation #9) » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:33 pm

Post by mepmuff »

Nanook: You said Stewie's role was proovable in time. I still don't get it. Can you, or anyone else, explain?

Mod: Can we get a prod for niMic?
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (isolation #10) » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:01 am

Post by mepmuff »

There's a huge difference between the Jack and Ross, but we can't ask stewie how come he misinterpreted his role pm. Well, we can always ask but I for one don't think that's good play (because that's one hard task without quoting the thing).

Another thing about Stewie's roleclaim: The cheating chandler angle. There's an episode where Ross has an 'older brother' conversation with chandler, and says that if chandler ever hurts monica, he'll hunt him down and kick his ass. There's no hook in the series that would give this angle as far as I can recall. But clinging tight to the actual storylines is another thin I don't want to do right now.

I'll wait for the other things cadmium has found before deciding on whether to vot stewie again or not.
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #11) » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:12 pm

Post by mepmuff »

Good post, cadmium. Two things to do on this end: Check the thread to see if you haven't been tampering with the evidence and wait for DP's reponse.
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (isolation #12) » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:37 pm

Post by mepmuff »

Well, double checking DP's posts was quick. One thing I'd like to add:
Dragon Phoenix wrote:By the way, I could make a Friends mafia set-up with various varations, many of which would have a Godfather.
I interpreted this to mean that you know the friends series quite well. If so, I think your not doing the town a favour by not posting anything related to the actual show.

DP, I'd like to know how well you know the show.
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #13) » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:48 am

Post by mepmuff »

It's not about possible set-ups. It's about discussing things like the likelyhood of stewies claim in light of the show. It's about discussing the killing methods in light of the show. It's about a huge possibillity to help the town with this info. If you know the show well, I just think you should have posted more than you did.
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #14) » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:28 am

Post by mepmuff »

Waiting on niMic and Stevie, who must have something more to add than that.
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #15) » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:04 pm

Post by mepmuff »

Stevie: You seem very convinced about Stewie's innocence and had that stance pretty much all along. So your last post doens't really add something to this game IMHO.

So, still:
Waiting on niMic and Stevie, who must have something more to add than that.
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (isolation #16) » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:47 am

Post by mepmuff »

I'm having trouble finding big enough holes in DP's defense to vote, but the way in which he's accepting death-by-lynching unsettles me. I'm going to read the whole thing again tomorrow, because cadmium has been leading this game for quite a bit and I want to be careful we're not all following some guy in a pin-stripe suit brandishing the latest in tommy-gun accesories.

Furthermore I think it's really important we don't end this day without getting MoL's view on this game. There's pretty much nothing we know on him and any thoughts of his on today's lynchee and next nights victim(s) will be valuable.
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #17) » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:04 pm

Post by mepmuff »

Well, I've read through cadmium's accusations and DP's responses and think we can only find out what's going on by lynching DP and hope for the best. As far as I can tell, cadmium has been making solid points and DP can't do much to defend himself against it as it's linked to his playing style. Short of cop/doc claims there is of course the option of giving us some earth-shattering insight into who actually is the scum we want to lynch.

If I'm correct it's currently 3 votes for DP and as it's 5 to lynch I'll wait with voting untill we have some idea of what MoL's thinking.
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #18) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:17 am

Post by mepmuff »

Well, you can't say MoL's doing a half-assed job replacing niMic.....[/sarcasm]
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #19) » Mon May 02, 2005 10:05 pm

Post by mepmuff »

MoL: You've had one week to read the thread and form an opinion. And as far as keeping up: there's been less than one page added in that week, mostly posts to the effect that we're waiting on your insights.
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (isolation #20) » Tue May 03, 2005 6:51 pm

Post by mepmuff »

vote: MoL

I don't want to go to day 3 with one player we no absolutely nothing about, and lynching DP is a bit of a wildcard lynch anyway, we might as well lynch the silent wildcard.
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (isolation #21) » Wed May 04, 2005 9:08 pm

Post by mepmuff »

Well, I mostly wanted to get an idea on how you people were thinking about MoL. Two pitbulls on the DP wagon is enough for me to form my opinion.

unvote, vote: DP
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (isolation #22) » Mon May 16, 2005 9:17 am

Post by mepmuff »

I'm not too sure about a mass claim. If we're indeed at a crucial point it might be a good idea, but we still don't know if all friends are good guys or if they're all in the game. And there are plenty of characters in the game for the bad guys to pick something different and get away with it.

I won't hesitate to claim if we get to a massclaim, but I'd like some better insight into where to look before going there.

We have six players left. If we have all friends as good guys we can expect to see claims:
Monica,
Phoebe,
Rachel,
Ross,
Jack Geller and
Whatever Frank will think up. (I'm getting more and more convinced Frank is our scorcher). So, in this case a mass claim would make Frank stand out like a sore thumb. Unless Stewie is Frank.

I'm not sure what we would gain by claiming role-name only as Stewie suggested. Especially since it looks like we might have another pro-town night role (another doctor or role-blocker).

Another thing which might be the case is that those friends which were spotted in the perk aren't in the game.
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (isolation #23) » Tue May 17, 2005 12:12 am

Post by mepmuff »

So DP was not the SK? I was quite convinced that he was. This changes things a bit. btw, any ideas on the scientist role? That character was just a minor role in the series.
Doh! Didn't een think about that possibility. I was so convinced it would be Frank. If DP was indeed a SK, then that would also mean that not every role follows the show, as I can't remember david ever setting fire to anything. My flavour text is based on the show btw. I think that's a good question cadmium.
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #24) » Tue May 17, 2005 12:53 am

Post by mepmuff »

Sorry, misunderstanding. I thought you meant that the scientist was the Serial Killer role. Going to the wiki right now.
mepmuff
mepmuff
Goon
mepmuff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (isolation #25) » Tue May 17, 2005 1:14 am

Post by mepmuff »

Cadmium wrote:Huh? I'm not sure if I understand you. Do you still think it's possible that DP was the SK? That's not what I was saying at all. I mean, we get a role name and a role mechanism for every player that died. DP's role mechanism was scientist, not serial killer. I was convinced that he was an SK when we lynched him, not now. So what are you trying to say?
Didn't quote this in my last post, which was in response to this.

Anyway, I looked for scientist in the wiki and only found a mad scientist, which is a SK variation. So, DP being the scorcher is a possibility (although not based on show-facts).

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”