Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Mini 193: Decimafia - Game Over

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Thu May 19, 2005 12:09 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Welcome to Decimal, the busiest stretch of Number Line known to integer. Decimal's ten residents (well, the ten residents that count) have taken it upon themselves to divide and conquer, hoping to eliminate all unwanteds from their fair digitopolis. Go forth and subtract!

Living Players
:
Quailman -
10, Serial Killer

Dead Players
:
Phoebus,
2, Cult
- Killed Night One
DarkLight140,
7, Cult
- Killed Night One
Zanath Brast,
1, Mafia
- Lynched Day One
Aelyn,
9, Cult
- Killed Night Two
NanookTheWolf,
8, Mafia
- Lynched Day Two
mathcam,
4, Town
- Killed Night Three
Assasin,
6, Town
- Lynched Day Three
EnterYourNameHere,
3, Mafia
- Lynched Day Four
Astronaut,
5, Town
- Killed in Endgame
Last edited by Fuldu on Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:43 am, edited 11 times in total.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sat May 21, 2005 7:40 am

Post by Fuldu »

The rules of this game are for the most part a standard Mafia ruleset. Where there are specific changes that you should be aware of, I've
italicized
them.

Rules
:
  • Votes must be in
    bold
    to be counted.
  • Unvotes
    must be in
    bold
    and must include the name of the player being unvoted
    to be counted. I don't normally do this. However, because of the nature of voting in this game, vote counts are going to be especially tricky to maintain. As such, I've decided to require you to be helpful rather than merely requesting it.
  • Every player has a role consisting of a distinct integer from 1 to 10. This value constitutes the number of votes that player has in daytime lynch decisions.
    Lynching will require a simple majority of votes. For example, 28 votes out of the initial total of 55 would constitute a lynch. Players will allot all their votes to a single other player. Once majority has been reached, all subsequent voting and unvoting actions will be ignored. You may
    vote: no lynch
    . A majority of no lynch votes will end the day without a death.
  • I will endeavor to post votecounts at or near the top of every page.
    Due to the spoilerish nature of a numbered votecount when a bandwagon has only a single voter, votecounts will be ordered from most votes to least, but not numbered
    . Any bandwagon with one-third or more of the total votes will be listed in
    red
    as a warning that that player is near lynch.
  • If a daytime deadline is set, the player with the greatest number of votes, equal to or more than
    one-third
    of total votes (i.e. in
    red
    ), will be lynched. In the event of a tie, the player reaching that level with the
    fewest players
    voting them will be lynched. In other words, give two bandwagons with the same total number of votes, one with three voters and one with two voters, the one with two voters will be considered the stronger lynch. In the event that there is still a tie, the player who reached that level first will be lynched. In the event of a deadline, I will endeavor to update the votecounts more frequently as the deadline approaches.
  • Night choices are due by the stated deadline. Even if I'm delayed in getting the choices processed and the dawn post submitted, choices received after the deadline will be ignored. I tend not to extend deadlines due to a lack of submitted choices.
  • The game is not to be discussed outside the thread except as specified in role PMs.
  • Once you're dead, stop posting.
  • Edits to or deletion of old posts will be dealt with severely.
  • Treat the mod and the other players respectfully. Try to remember that there is a fine line between strategic attacks as a part of strong play and acting like a jerk.
Last edited by Fuldu on Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Wed May 25, 2005 6:47 pm

Post by Fuldu »

The Decimalians awake to discover two bloody deaths had occurred during the night. Phoebus and DarkLight140 were both lifeless on the floors of their homes. Further investigation revealed that both had a sinister looking tattoo shaped like #.

Phoebus,
2, Cult
and DarkLight140
7, Cult
have been killed.

With 46 alive, it takes 24 to lynch.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (isolation #3) » Sat May 28, 2005 2:24 am

Post by Fuldu »

Top of the Page Update

Not Voting:
Aelyn
Assasin
Astronaut
EnterYourNameHere
mathcam
NanookTheWolf
Quailman
Zanath Brast

With 46 alive, 24 votes will lynch or
at deadline.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (isolation #4) » Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:46 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Final Vote Tally
:

Zanath Brast
- (Aelyn, Quailman, mathcam, Astronaut)

After a great deal of finger-pointing, the Decimal residents finally began lining up to drag Zanath Brast to the gallows. Aelyn and Quailman grabbed his arms, but Zanath wouldn't budge. mathcam lifted him by the legs, but their combined strength still wasn't enough to move him. Finally, with Astronaut's help, the group was able to lift him and get him tied up properly.

A quick search of his pockets turned up two things, a novelty button with the printed message "Zanath Brast is #1!" and an oddly shaped device. The left side consists of a narrow beam angling up toward the right. The right side, beginning just below the right side of the aforementioned beam is two silver teardrop-shaped pieces of metal, connected at their points and lain along the horizontal axis. It requires some playing around with it and visualization before you realize that the device is a weapon for eliminating numbers! Zanath must not have been a good guy.

Zanath Brast,
1, Mafia
, has been lynched.

Also, I've noted that I neglected to properly transcribe a step in the deadline lynch hierarchy. It wasn't relevant today so I'm simply going to add it back in. You might want to reread that section of the rules.

Night choices due by Monday, 11 PM EDT
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:34 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Even with the previous day's death of their much despised 1, the Decimalians still know how to count the number of deaths that occurred during the night. Aelyn's lifeless remains are sprawled in a bloody heap across his entryway rug. His bathrobe hangs open, revealing yet another # tattoo.

Aelyn,
9, Cult
has been killed.

With 36 alive, 19 to lynch and
at deadline.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (isolation #6) » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:57 am

Post by Fuldu »

Vote Count
:
none

Prods
:
sent

Title
:
fixed
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (isolation #7) » Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:45 am

Post by Fuldu »

Top of the Page Vote Tally

NanookTheWolf
- (Quailman, mathcam)
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (isolation #8) » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:29 pm

Post by Fuldu »

And with Astronaut's support, Quailman and mathcam are able to drag NanookTheWolf to the gallows, even as he loses his grip on EnterYourNameHere. A looped rope, a pulled lever, and Nanook is no more. A quick examination of his jacket turns up a hidden pocket containing another killing device and a scrap of paper reading "Inspected by Number
."

NanookTheWolf,
, Mafia, has been lynched.

Dawn will break at 6 PM EDT on Tuesday. Please send choices before then.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (isolation #9) » Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:39 am

Post by Fuldu »

As day breaks on the number line, another discontinuity has opened up in the continuum; mathcam has been killed. A search of his house turns up a signed oath swearing his allegiance to the
Town
and a wardrobe full of jerseys emblazened with the number

mathcam,
4, Town
, has been killed.

With 24 alive, it's 12 to lynch or
at deadline.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (isolation #10) » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:56 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Enraged at, well, a variety of different things, Quailman and EnterYourNameHere drag Assasin to the town square, where he is quickly and easily disposed of. Despite the series of
s tattooed on his forehead, the oath in his pocket would seem to confirm that he's
Town
. Funny that you didn't notice that tattoo before.

Assasin,
6, Town
, has been lynched.

Night will end when I have all choices, or no later than some time on Monday. It's late and I'm tired. I don't feel like figuring out what will be a good time.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (isolation #11) » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:37 am

Post by Fuldu »

Good morning. It would probably be an exaggeration, if not an outright lie, to say that everyone slept soundly through the night. But nobody died, at least. That's got to be good, right? Right?

With 18 alive, 10 to lynch or
at deadline.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (isolation #12) » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:13 am

Post by Fuldu »

Quailman begins to drag EnterYourNameHere toward the gallows, but soon realizes that he's just wasting a lot of time. With one deft move, he quickly snaps the lynchee's neck and drops his lifeless body to the ground.

Searching through EnterYourNameHere's pockets, Quailman turns up yet another mysterious gun. Clearly EnterYourNameHere was a member of the
Mafia
. Turning the mysterious gun over in his hands, Quailman turns to Astronaut and says, "Yup. That should end it." And then he fires.

Congratulations Quailman, victorious
SK

Roles and night choices to follow.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (isolation #13) » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:21 am

Post by Fuldu »

All messages to members of the same group were the same, except for the obvious rearrangement of player names and role numbers.

Cult:
You are number 9. Along with your pals 2 (Phoebus) and 7 (DarkLight140), you make up the Decimal Cult. You intend to take over Decimal for yourselves, but there's one small hitch. Unfortunately none of you has ever figured out how to either recruit new members or kill anyone. So far, this has limited your success as a cult, but your relative strength of numbers should assist you in lynching the other Decimal residents.

You can, however, communicate with one another during the night and each night you may collectively either protect someone (either one of your own or an outsider) against a kill attempt or investigate someone to determine their group allegiance (though not their numeric identity). You should decide amongst yourself who will submit night choices, indicating whether you intend to protect or investigate and your target. In the event of multiple submissions, I will give precedence to messages submitted by the highest numbered cult member.

Please confirm by PM.

Town:
You are number 6. With your neighbors 4 (mathcam) and 5 (Astronaut) you make up the Decimal Townsfolk. Like all freedom-loving, scum-hating individuals, you want to rid your home of everyone who means to destroy it. And you have the unusual benefit of knowing who those people are (Hint: Everyone who isn't one of the three of you).

You may communicate at night to discuss doing one of the following three things as a group:
Kill someone - Sure, lynch mobs are great, but nothing beats a bullet to the brain or a sharp object thrust between the ribs.
Investigate someone - Databases analysis, wiretaps, and Google searches will turn up another player's group allegiance. But although privacy laws have been weakened in this time of crisis, you still won't be able to discover another player's ID number.
Protect someone - You may protect either one of your own or, if you choose, a non-townsperson. Remember, God helps those who help themselves.

You should decide amongst yourselves who will submit night choices (again, that's kill, investigate, or protect and the target's name). In the event of multiple submissions, preference will be given to the highest numbered townsperson.

Please confirm by PM

Mafia:
You are number 3. With your partners-in-crime 1 (Zanath Brast) and 8 (NanookTheWolf), you make up the Decimal Mafia. It isn't clear exactly why you've chosen to violently overthrow the reigning hegemony of sequential order. I considered claiming that it has something to do with the three of you having the longest and most difficult pseudonyms to type of the ten Decimal residents, but that's just a coincidence, I swear.

Anyway, each night you may communicate with one another to strategize, plan, and discuss. Or you can throw darts at a board. Or each other. I don't really care too much. Regardless of how you make the decision, though, I need you to as a group indicate two things every night. First, who you wish to kill. Second, whether you wish to investigate another player to learn their group allegiance (but not numerical value) or would prefer to protect another player (including, if you so choose, one of the three of you).

I will leave it up to the three of you to decide who will submit these night choices (again, a kill target and an investigation or protection target). In the event of multiple submissions, I will give precedence to the highest valued mafia member.

Please confirm by PM.

SK:
You are number 10, the Decimal Serial Killer. Except it's probably unfair to call you a killer. Acting outside the authority of the group has always made you uncomfortable, so you certainly aren't going to dirty your own hands with someone else's blood. But as Decimal's largest resident, this new majority-rule law will allow you to finally throw your weight around and eliminate all the single-digited inferiors you've been forced to endure all these years. I guess it would probably be fairer to call you a Serial Lyncher.

Not that you're without talents. Each night you may protect a player from harm. If you so desire, this can include protecting yourself, but you may protect another player as well. In addition, every night you have the ability to determine another player's group allegiance. Finding out their number is beyond your capabilities, but rest assured that they're lower than you. Just be sure to let me know who you want to protect and who you want to investigate.

Please confirm by PM.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (isolation #14) » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:26 am

Post by Fuldu »

Night Choices:

Night One:
Town - kill Phoebus
Mafia - kill DarkLight140, investigate mathcam
Cult - investigate NanookTheWolf
SK - protect Quailman, investigate mathcam

Night Two:
Town - no choice
Mafia - kill Aelyn
Cult - investigate mathcam
SK - protect Quailman, investigate NanookTheWolf

Night Three:
Town - kill Quailman
Mafia - kill mathcam, protect EnterYourNameHere
SK - protect Quailman, investigate Assasin

Night Four:
Town - kill Quailman
Mafia - protect EnterYourNameHere
SK - protect Quailman, investigate EnterYourNameHere
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (isolation #15) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:54 pm

Post by Fuldu »

DarkLight140 wrote:Argh. This game had potential for us, but we went down hard and fast. We should have protected Phoebus Night 1, but chose to try for setting up a cop claim... little did we know...

Also, it looks to me like we were the lowest-powered group, aside from the SK, anyway. We were just a higher-numbered group with no kills when compared to either the mafia or the town, so while we may have been able to control the days no problem, in the nights were bound to dispose of us, even if not necessarily so suddenly as they did. A real shame.
I'd be inclined to say that Cult's larger mistake was not protecting Aelyn Night Two. He could have been in roughly the same position as Quailman late in the game. Mostly it was just pretty bad luck for you Night One.

It surprised me just how useless cop investigations were. Maybe if you'd gotten numbers but not groups, instead.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”