Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #0) » Wed May 04, 2005 11:24 am

Post by Fuldu »

The magazine title doesn't give any easy to follow clues about the identity of the reviewer. A Google search on {"succulent magazine"} only turns up hits about cacti and adult films.

Not that it serves any purpose other than to satisfy my curiosity, but based on the response to MoS's death, I have to ask. Am I the only player in the game who knew that Nigella Lawson was a hot female chef
before
that picture went up?
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Thu May 05, 2005 6:39 am

Post by Fuldu »

_Obelix_ wrote:I did not know those chefs. I am Spanish, and there are plenty of famous ones here, although I do not know wether any of them will be included in this game.
Ooh! El Bulli! That guy's a famous chef, even though I only know the name of his restaurant and not his name.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (isolation #2) » Wed May 18, 2005 5:43 am

Post by Fuldu »

warpdragon: I'll understand if you don't want to explain what it is, but was your vote triggered skill effective last night?
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (isolation #3) » Thu May 19, 2005 7:12 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Wow. Three votes in fairly rapid succession (especially the last two) for my poor participation. I did post in Vacation/Limited Access that I was going to be on intermittently through much of what turned out to be the end of yesterday. I haven't yet said the same again regarding this coming week, because I'm hopeful that I'll be on a decent amount for a couple of days, anyway. But Quailman, at least, can vouch that I've told those in my new mini that it's unlikely to start until at least mid-week. I apologize for this, but real-life stuff takes precedence over making sure I'm keeping up on all my online activites.

As for the only other specific thing that I see leveled against me -- warpdragon, I was not asking you to reveal what your ability is. In fact, I was specifically indicating that I didn't want you to. I was trying to check that it had, in fact, functioned as advertised. Given that I don't totally believe you, and I'm not the only one to have said such a thing, I don't think asking the question was an unreasonable action.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (isolation #4) » Sun May 22, 2005 5:54 am

Post by Fuldu »

Well, we haven't heard anything from thrawn or Coron yet today. I know Coron mentioned in one thread or another that he was going to have limited availability for a while, but I don't know how long it was supposed to last.
vote: thrawn; FOS: Coron
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (isolation #5) » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:14 am

Post by Fuldu »

warpdragon, it should be noted, was a cop who said that Coron (mafia seducer) was innocent. I don't know whether warpdragon was naive or insane, but he clearly wasn't sane.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (isolation #6) » Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:02 pm

Post by Fuldu »

mlaker wrote:This is just another good reason to wait. If Leo is a
real
chef and cartoon chefs are mafia then I'd say his claim is legit.
I don't disagree with the sentiment, but this is sort of a stupid argument. If cartoon chefs are mafia, then the mafia would know that and would, of course, have real chef claims prepared. The fact that Leo's claim isn't being disputed suggests that it's
more likely
to be true (and, therefore, that he's pro-town), but it's hardly a guarantee.

In response to Leo's claimed result on me, I can only say that it's plausible. I'm not known for a specific type of cuisine (Mexican, say), so crab bisque is something I might have cooked. The fact that crab bisque is a far more likely miss than hit if he's shooting in the dark suggests that he's telling the truth. If he were making them up, there are much better guesses he could have tried.

I'm comfortable voting any of the three who quickly jumped on a Leonidas bandwagon, because all three of them (though Quailman did provide other reasons) were basing their vote on roland's profoundly stupid argument that since warpdragon was wrong about Coron, he was probably wrong about Leonidas, as well. The proper conclusion to draw is that warpdragon was either insane or naive and I'm pretty sure that the odds favor naive under these circumstances.

Of roland, thrawn, and Quailman, I suspect Quailman the least, but will follow Leonidas' bandwagon there if the other two are infeasible. I'd rather go to the source, though.
vote: rolandofthewhite
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (isolation #7) » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:48 am

Post by Fuldu »

I'm going to have to agree with Quailman. Martha Stewart seems off. I don't think of her as a chef, exactly, she's more like a professional super-homemaker. It'd be like calling Oprah a journalist. I mean, sort of, but not really. Also, she's renowned for saying nasty things about people, which fits our Succulent Magazine review kills.

Delia Smith was new to me, but looking her up, it seems that I just missed her show when I was in England. I'm James Beard, the forefather of American cooking.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (isolation #8) » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:47 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Not that he can defend himself at this point, but I'd bet money that Leonidas' other investigation was on thrawn/Jamie Oliver. Roast Lamb with Garlic and Rosemary is a very Jamie Oliver dish. I'd been ascribing it to Martha Stewart previously, but this seems much more accurate to me. Our other scum have had what appear to be additional skills/roles, so it's possible he's a scum investigator, but he looks to me like he's who he says he is.

Between this vote on Leonidas and his role-claim, I like my vote on roland. He doesn't seem to have heard of any of these chefs that have come up, but he happened to get one that ought to be familiar to anyone who's ever watched a cooking show.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:14 pm

Post by Fuldu »

I'm not especially concerned about roland's "information." There are three people left and two killing parties. I'm not one of them, so my best move is
vote: no lynch
and let the two of you kill each other tonight. Otherwise I'm just deciding which of you wins.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”