Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Sun May 22, 2005 4:17 pm

Post by Lauritz Melchior »

Well, so far nobody has really said much of anything. It's just been votes. Some people must know some things, as we've already had a night. (Thinking out loud, which I have a tendency to do). Right now my vote will have to be on this here smiley: :wink:^4
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Sun May 22, 2005 4:20 pm

Well, so far nobody has really said much of anything. It's just been votes. Some people must know some things, as we've already had a night. (Thinking out loud, which I have a tendency to do). Right now my vote will have to be on this here smiley: :wink:^4

We only had one night kill, so I think that there's either just one mafia group, or a mafia group and an SKer
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #2) » Sun May 22, 2005 5:05 pm

vote: Lububah

Lububah: why did you vote for Baby Jesus?

p.s. sorry about the double post earlier. My browser was extremely slow and I didn't think that either of them got through.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #3) » Mon May 23, 2005 7:05 am

Fuldu, I agree with you on your interpretation of Puzzle's post.

For some reason I seem to be having a lot of trouble with this site. Sometimes the connection is refused, and othertimes it is very slow. Also, some of my posts don't seem to be going through.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #4) » Mon May 23, 2005 2:43 pm

Lub
a
bah, are you having trouble with posting as well? I think I've got your name down now (=B

I am going to keep my vote on you for now. Based on what comes up I may change this vote.

This is the first game that I've played here, however, I find it to be rude and unsporting to day one lynch (or night kill) the same person in multiple games.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #5) » Mon May 23, 2005 2:45 pm

Lub
a
bah, are you having trouble with posting as well? I think I've got your name down now (=B

I am going to keep my vote on you for now. Based on what comes up I may change this vote.

This is the first game that I've played here, however, I find it to be rude and unsporting to day one lynch (or night kill) the same person in multiple games.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #6) » Tue May 24, 2005 5:28 am

Yosarian2 wrote:

In context, it is quite evident that I meant "names that clear them".

It is not "quite evident" that that's what you meant; the first time I saw your post, I was under the impression as well that you were saying you don't have a name
To be perfectly honest, I read "names that clear them" as "names that would logically make one seem innocent or guilty".

For instance, if somebody role-claims as Hades, I will automatically be prejudiced against them simply based on negative connotations with the name.

I agree with most of your points in Post 44. I do find the nit-picking over that one quote to be excessive.

Right now I am tempted to change my vote to Fuldu.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #7) » Tue May 24, 2005 5:31 am

Yosarian2 wrote:

In context, it is quite evident that I meant "names that clear them".

It is not "quite evident" that that's what you meant; the first time I saw your post, I was under the impression as well that you were saying you don't have a name
To be perfectly honest, I read "names that clear them" as "names that would logically make one seem innocent or guilty".

For instance, if somebody role-claims as Hades, I will automatically be prejudiced against them simply based on negative connotations with the name.

I agree with most of your points in Post 44. I do find the nit-picking over that one quote to be excessive.

Right now I am tempted to change my vote to Fuldu.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #8) » Tue May 24, 2005 5:31 am

How does one quote a specific person on this board?
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #9) » Wed May 25, 2005 2:24 am

BabyJesus wrote:
Lauritz Melchior wrote:Lauritz Melchior wrote:

I have a hunch that is a mistake...wasn't Hades traditionally on the side of Zeus, not the Titans in greek mythology? If there is a Hades, I's be inclined to think he is good...
Hades was on the side of Zues. I was just trying to give a name with negative connotations, which is what I believe puzzle was talking about.

Maybe a better example: let's say we weren't doing the Gaian Alliance. If somebody role-claimed as Vito Corleone, then that name would have a scummy connotation.
Hades was a poor example on my part.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #10) » Wed May 25, 2005 2:29 am

Yosarian2 wrote:Still, it seems to me that twisting words or taking quotes out of context is in general a respected tradition around here : have a look at the games I'm currently playing in if you want an idea...
This is only my first game here, so I can't speak about the traditions on this board. However, it seems to me that twisting words would be something that someone with an agenda in this game would do. While everybody has an agenda (town wants to win, mafia want to win, etc.), mafia, lynchers, and SKers seem like the only ones who would want to twist words around. Townies wouldn't want to cloud the truth, but rather to discover the truth.

Then again, as I previously stated, I don't know your playing style.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #11) » Wed May 25, 2005 8:06 am

Hehe, that's pretty amusing (=B
It was an honest mistake.
So, this is how I should have quoted it:
Puzzle and not Yosarian wrote:Still, it seems to me that twisting words or taking quotes out of context is in general a respected tradition around here : have a look at the games I'm currently playing in if you want an idea...
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #12) » Sat May 28, 2005 3:40 am

Fuldu, I'm confused. Are you basing your argument on BJ's assumption that the good guys are Olympians, or are you basing your argument on an assumption of your own regarding who would be good and who would be bad?
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #13) » Sun May 29, 2005 6:33 am

I am personally opposed to mass-role-claiming early on in themed games just to root out who is scum and who isn't. I feel that this takes away some of the fun of the game. I have no problem with role-claiming when you're about to be lynched, but a pre-meditated, day-one, mass-role-claim isn't to my liking.

I may be the only one here who feels that way, and if that's the case then I'll just go along with a role-claim.

My thoughts on this game: Kronos and Atlas are scum in this game. They are members of "The Gaian Alliance".

PBuG wrote:
Many of her children, including Kronos, Atlas, and others, known as the Gaian Alliance, massacred the planet Earth

From this, I think that it's fair to assume that some of the scum are in fact children of Gaia (Kronos). We already have Uranus dead, Gaia's husband (innocent). PBuG also mentions Atlas as a member of the Gaian Allaince, but he was a Titan. This confuses me a bit, because PBuG says, "Many of her children, including Kronos, Atlas, and others". This seems to put Atlas as one of her children. He probably just meant that Atlas was also a member of the Gaian alliance, along with some of her children.

A thought: Atlas holds the world (Gaia) on his shoulders.
Nothing is spared the ravages of time (Kronos).

Perhaps there is some logic behind who is scum and who is not. However, I mention this just as a suggestion. I think that I'm stretching a bit when I mention the above relation between Kronos and Gaia.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #14) » Sun May 29, 2005 6:36 am

Puzzle wrote:In order to foil scums' attempts to claim among the last, I'd suggest the following :
- I name-claim first (and even full-claim if necessary but remain the only one)
- then, I choose who name-claims next
- this person name-claims
- then, this person chooses who name-claims next
- etc...
But what if you're scum? Then you role-claim and pick a fellow scum to claim next until townies are the last to role-claim.

Wouldn't the fairest method be to go in alphabetical order?

However, I am still opposed to role-claiming this early. Even to name-claiming.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #15) » Sun May 29, 2005 8:11 am

Ah, I like your BJ picks idea.

Personally, I play to win, but I also find that mass role-claiming too soon takes a lot of the strategy out of the game, and gives the town an unfair advantage.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #16) » Sun May 29, 2005 10:04 am

Okay, I see your point. That makes sense.

Fuldu: I cannot find anything amiss in my post, and I certainly don't hold anything against you. If I had mod powers then I'd be screwing up left and right :P

Anyhow, I ended up getting all of my information off of the net. You seem to know a lot about mythology, so I'll take back my comment about Atlas not being a Gaian. However, I do think that it's fair to assume that Atlas and Kronos are in the game. Both were mentioned in the first post, as well as Ouranos who we know was playing. At that, Gaia might be playing as well.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #17) » Mon May 30, 2005 10:08 am

First Post wrote:Phoebus will be gone until Wednesday.
So he'll be gone for a little while longer.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #18) » Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am

Regarding Puzzle's claim, I still don't know what to believe. I remember some mention of "a child of Nyx" much earlier on in the thread, however, I was negligent and did not look for it. I've been reading and making my own observations, but I don't want to mention them today.

As far as my vote on Lubabah, I will say that I am usually very hesitant about voting. I'm often the last, or one of the last, to cast my vote. My early vote on Lubabah was not random. I had a reason for voting for him. No suspicions, but I had a reason. I am not allowed to tell you more, though.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #19) » Tue May 31, 2005 11:09 am

Oh, I'm not a lyncher.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #20) » Tue May 31, 2005 5:54 pm

shelper: I think that you confused STD with Ouranos (JereIC).
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (isolation #21) » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:44 am

Why are people suddenly going after Lubabah?
I have a feeling that he is innocent, or at least not mafia. He could be an SKer, but I don't think that he's mafia, based on my reason for voting for him (which I explained through circumlocution in post 185).
I could be wrong about this, but I don't think that he's mafia.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #22) » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:46 am

Phoebus wrote:@ Lauritz Melchior : is your reason role-based (always have to vote at beginning of day or variant) or
did a third party (night action) force you to vote Lubabah
?
Italics mine :D
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (isolation #23) » Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:52 am

Perhaps he's saying that Ares would have vote-manipulation ability.

Isn't Ares the same as Mars, the god of war?
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (isolation #24) » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:08 am

The second post mentioned Atlas and Kronos (or was it Kronus?) as members of the Gaian Alliance.

Oh, wait. Was Kronos mentioned, or was it Kronus?

Though Fuldu had said that Atlas was also a son of Gaia, even though he's a titan.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (isolation #25) » Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:05 pm

I am not Ares.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (isolation #26) » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:13 pm

I'd rather not say who I am, if that's okay.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (isolation #27) » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:14 pm

If you feel that I should role-claim, however, then I will.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (isolation #28) » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:53 pm

I'd assume that Ares is bad as he's the god of war.
Lubabah, if you didn't understand, I did not vote for you a the beginning to start a bandwagon on you. I cannot explain myself very clearly regarding this situation, however, please note post 218.

Lubabah, I have nothing against you. In fact, I assume that you are a townie, or at least not a mafia member, because of my
reason
for voting for you. I tried to stop a bandwagon that was starting against you, explicitly saying that I thought that you were a townie. Your hunch is ill-placed. Then again, I have my hunches as well and who knows how right they are.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (isolation #29) » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:45 am

Puzzle wrote:I understand that Lauritz was targetted by an effect forcing him to vote Lubabah. I understand that Lubabah received a PM from PBuG (officially confirmed by PBuG) saying that Ares's power made Lauritz vote for him.
I'm a bit confused as well, but I think that Ares used an ability on Lubabah to make him vote for somebody, but it didn't work.
Lubabah wrote:Alright, during the night i recieved kind of like a vote-change ability (im kind of confused) but it didnt work because i'm a townie. It said that either it was from ares, or it was his "powers". Because of this, I believe Ares is good, but i may be wrong.
I'm confused as to why it didn't work. Maybe Lubabah has some sort of protection or something. PBuG confirmed that he was targetted by Ares.
PBuG wrote:
Lubabah... You aren't supposed to say you had to vote for that person because of someone else. I won't kill you because I forgot to say so, but for future reference, DON'T.

I'm guessing that there are two people with vote changing powers and that one is pro-town, and the other is scum.
Still, I'm a bit confused as well.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (isolation #30) » Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:18 am

I'm a little bit suspicious of d_rouge.

At the beginning of the game he random voted for Lubabah.
I then voted Lubabah because of my
reason
Throughout this entire game, d_rouge has not removed his vote from Lubabah.
I've been suspicious of him this entire day because of his vote and his very few posts.
d_rouge wrote:As for Lubalah, I'm not that sure that he's clear just because someone was forced to vote for him (if we believe what Lauritz Melchior said): there's just too many possibilities out there; as it is, I'm fine with my vote.
Something about this quote is scummy to me. He posts to say that he is keeping his vote on Lubabah, and that neither Lubabah nor myself are cleared by our claims (and technically we aren't). However, because of my
reason
, Lubabah is cleared in my mind. Also because of my
reason
, I find d_rouge suspicious.

If there are two people with powers that force people to vote a certain way during the day, and if one you is pro-town, be very careful about using your ability.

FoS d_rouge
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (isolation #31) » Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:46 am

I am also opposed to the name claim. Also, Ares has nothing (so far as I know) to do with my vote on Lubabah.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (isolation #32) » Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:17 pm

No. It doesn't put him in the clear. He is in no way proven innocent. However,
I
assume that he is innocent.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (isolation #33) » Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:23 am

Who is the third person?
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (isolation #34) » Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:57 pm

*bump*

I feel like I'm lurking, but I've got nothing to say.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #35) » Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:27 am

Based on PBuG's third post, I believe that Gaia is in this game, as well as Kronus and Atlas (as scum). Ouranos (who we know was in this game) helped Gaia to project her image. I'm also guessing that Hades is in this game, and is maybe scum. Why? The Gaian Alliance "made a blood pact involving something with the River Styx". Of course, this doesn't necessarily make Hades scum. Anyhow, to summarize, these are people who I think are in this game.

Gaia - town
Kronus - scum
Atlas - scum
Ouranos - town (dead)
Hades - scum?
Oceanus - scum? (because Ouranos was drowned)
Poseidon - scum? (because Ouranos was drowned)

------------------------------------

The second post of this game was by d_rouge who voted for Lubabah. He is yet to change that vote.
I later voted for Lubabah.
Puzzle has role-claimed as Mnemosyne. I think that he found Zeus during night one.
Puzzle wrote:I don't have much to interpret but I think that some names are pretty clear by definition (Zeus, Gaia,...). I'm sure Zeus is in there, but I'm less about Gaia. I also don't think that we will have that many players with clear names though.
Having already role-claimed, this early post of his backs up his claim.

The crap-logic arguments were based on different interpretations of Puzzle's post. I don't think that either Baby Jesus or Fuldu are scum. BJ used crap-logic to vote for Puzzle. Fuldu argued against it. Puzzle then voted BJ for "putting words in his mouth".
I think that all three of them are innocent, and were arguing among themselves while scum sat back and watched. I think that StD was saying the same thing in post 27.

Back to the summary. Yosarian then FoSd Lubabah, Fuldu, and Puzzle because they voted for BJ "like they were looking for an easy lynch target". Yosarian votes for Fuldu. BJ then role-claims as "Hypnos - the god of sleep", a role-blocker of sorts. d_rouge calls BJs claim premature. Puzzle soon unvotes BJ because he always be confirmed as a role-blocker. Puzzle votes Yosarian for stopping a bandwagon too early. Yosarian comments on Puzzle's "why stop a starting bandwagon" comment, asking "why are you disagreeing with the Fuldu bandwagon when there are only 3 votes on him". Yosarian says that Puzzle is contradicting himself.

That's only page two and I'm tired of doing this summary already. I'll probably finish it up later, but have it be much less detailed and more easy to read.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (isolation #36) » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:09 am

I still don't think that he's scum, though his posts are certainly odd. However, if people want to lynch him, there's nothing that I can do.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (isolation #37) » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:46 pm

I personally think that Yosarian and d_rouge are acting pretty scummy. d_rouge has been on Lubabah since the beginning, always saying that he's "happy with his vote", even when there was nothing against Lubabah. Why would it matter if the attempted vote manipulation failed or not?
d_rouge wrote:There's something about the way Lubalah admitted he was targeted by a vote changing ability that doesn't sound right to me. I also don't get why such an ability wouldn't work on a townie.
Something doesn't sound right about him admitting to something that the mod later confirmed?
And regarding why it wouldn't work on him, I have no idea, but that certainly doesn't make him a townie as Yosarian seems to think.
Yosarian wrote:That's a good point...why would a townie be immune to a vote-manipulation ability?
This, combined with the fact that Yosarian thinks that Ares is pro-town, and his "generally scummy behaviour" are enough to make Yosarian vote for Lubabah.

We've had two people so far claim to having been targetted by vote manipulation. Let's assume that one of these "vote manipulators" is pro-town, and that the other is scum. One manipulator targets Lubabah, and one forces another player to vote for Lubabah. Perhaps the one who targetted Lubabah is pro-town and foolishly used his/her ability. Then the other manipulator is scum, and forced a vote on Lubabah. Therefore, Lubabah would be pro-town. In the other situation, Ares is scum and targetted Lubabah (but failed). Because Ares targetted Lubabah, Lubabah is therefore not scum.

Lubabah is one away from a lynch, and I think that we have much better candidates for today's lynch.

Big FoS on d_rouge and Yosarian
for using crap logic to try to get Lubabah lynched.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (isolation #38) » Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:13 pm

In reading your post I realize that I made a mistake in my post.
me wrote: And regarding why it wouldn't work on him, I have no idea, but that certainly doesn't make him a townie as Yosarian seems to think.
I meant to say that it doesn't make him a bad guy.
Yosarian wrote:It sounds like you've been defending him and assuming he's a good guy ever since he claimed his vote was manipulated because your vote was manipulated as well
I originally thought that he was innocent because of my
reason
for voting for him (which is the same reason that I consider d_rouge to be scummy I have nothing incriminating against him other than the fact that he's posted very few times in this game and that he was the first to vote for Lubabah and has stuck with that vote. It's a hunch). Now that he's claimed to have been targetted by a Vote Manipulator, his being targetted
combined
with my reason make him seem innocent to me.
I don't think that he is innocent because he claims that his vote was manipulated, but rather because of my
reason
for voting for him. That reason is the same reason that I consider d_rouge to be scummy (I have nothing incriminating against him other than the fact that he's posted very few times in this game and that he was the first to vote for Lubabah and has stuck with that vote. It's a hunch).

Yosarian, in reading your post I'm thinking that it's less and less likely that you are scum. I still think that d_rouge is our best choice for a lynch.

I also agree that Lubabah's posts make him look suspcious. I guess I'm still just stuck on the fact that I'm voting for him, and therefore think that he's innocent (out of context that sounds pretty funny).

Let me try to explain my logic as to why I think that Lubabah is innocent (ignoring his scummy sounding posts). I'm assuming that there are two Vote Manipulators out there. One is a good guy, and the other is a bad guy. One targets Lubabah and one targets Mr. X forcing Mr. X to vote for Lubabah. Regardless of which is the good guy and which is the bad guy, the fact that Mr. X was forced to target Lubabah (by good or bad Manipulator), and that Lubabah was targetted by another Vote Manipulator leaves Lubabah innocent in my eyes. If he were simply targetted, that would not make him appear innocent to me. Because he was targetted and another player was forced to vote for him, however, I think that he's innocent.
BabyJesus wrote:Is it possible BOTH were targetted by the same player - Ares? Ares/god of war - may have the power to make two people vote in a certain way (for each other?) to stir up trouble....
No.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (isolation #39) » Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:29 am

I think that his claim of it not working because he's a townie was said because he didn't understand why it didn't work. Though it's kind of foolish to assume that it didn't work for any reason, esp. being a townie.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (isolation #40) » Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:51 am

Funny that d_rouge should only take his vote off of Lubabah (after claiming to be happy with it throughout the entire day, even when there were very few people on him) when his motives are brought into question.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (isolation #41) » Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:30 am

Most interesting. I've definitely changed my mind here.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (isolation #42) » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:18 am

Before this day ends I have a pointed question for d_rouge:

Do you think that I am scum or town?
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (isolation #43) » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:59 am

As random as it sounds, it does matter. Unfortunately, it won't give me as much info as I'd like, but his response will help me decide on my night choice (yes, I do have a night choice). Now that I think of it, however, it won't make too much of a difference, because I'd look pretty scummy in his eyes because of my defence of Lubabah.

I think that I can explain myself pretty well tomorrow, regardless of the hole that I've dug.

Bah. I'm a bit confused now.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (isolation #44) » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:16 am

Okay.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (isolation #45) » Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:40 am

I'm surprised at there being three kills. One SKer, one mafia, one trigger happy vig. And I'm apparently not suspicious anymore? I'm thankful for that, but a little surprised. Regarding Ares scummitude, I kind of think that he is scum. Also, I think that d_rouge makes a good point when he says that
d_rouge wrote:it's important to remark that the three people Fuldu voted for are BJ, Puzzle and Lubalah.
. I assume that Fuldu was a traitor, and the fact that he voted for Lubabah (scum) is significant. So maybe BJ and Puzzle are the two remaining scum.
I assume that BJ is the one who put SapphireVerde to sleep. However, that could easily be a scum role. Putting someone to sleep would certainly be helpful for scum. Also, I don't find it too suspicious that we have Thanatos and Hades. I have a role similar to one already claimed/known.
I think that the best clue that we have so far is Fuldu's votes on Lubabah, Puzzle, and BJ. This doesn't account for the SKer, unfortunately.

FoS BJ and Puzzle

If both are scum, and BJ is Hypnos, then he could use his ability to give mafia the advantage. However, if he is not scum, then he could use his ability to the town's advantage. I'll assume that he's scum, though, and
vote: BJ
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (isolation #46) » Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:27 am

I am Poseidon, vigilante. I can only kill on even numbered nights. I killed Fuldu last night, thinking that he was scum. You'll notice that in one of my earlier posts, I mentioned Oceanus and Poseidon as possible scum, when nobody else had even thought about Poseidon. I did not kill on the first night, and I cannot kill tonight. Fuldu was stabbed three times because I stabbed him with my Trident.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (isolation #47) » Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:13 am

Yosarian wrote:I'm not sure I understand...if you are Poseidon, then why did you say that Poseidon might be scum?

Also, why did you suddenly claim to have a night action in twilight yesterday? I understand that you would want to gain information before you used your ability, but I don't see how revealing your role would gain you information; if you are a good guy, weren't you worried that revealing that you had a night action would get you killed by the scum?
I was originally thinking that there was an ability-stealer (user, rather. i.e. targets me, uses my ability on somebody else) because Ouranos was drowned. I mentioned Poseidon as a possible scum so as to appear to be impartial.
I foolishly claimed to have a night-action last night. I figured that I was already suspicious enough to avoid being night killed. However, revealing that I had a night action was stupid. I originally thought that d_rouge's response could potentially make me change my night choice. However, I later realized that I was suspicious looking, regardless.

Phoebus wrote:'m ready to vote lauritz now.
Especially for this comment:
I'm surprised at there being three kills. One SKer, one mafia, one trigger happy vig. And I'm apparently not suspicious anymore? I'm thankful for that, but a little surprised.
Wtf?
Don't play with fire. You'll get burned. Actually, given your role, you'll go up in smoke.
He talks about a trigger happy vig and goes on to claim to be that vig?
Sure your role is similar to Oceanus.
I did that to appear impartial. To not imply that I was the vig, because it had been suggested that I should not claim. However, I claimed once I was asked to. Me talking about the vig as though I were not him was an attempt at distancing my posts from being the vig. Regardless, I later role-claimed. I am not the SKer. I am the vig.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (isolation #48) » Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:45 pm

unvote: BJ
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (isolation #49) » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:22 am

Before making my night choice, I looked over Fuldu's earlier posts. I saw a connection between him and Lubabah. I was looking over yesterday's posts to see who looked the most suspicious in light of Lubabah's guilt. That person was Fuldu (though I certainly looked pretty suspicious).
Do you think that Poseidon and Oceanus would both be scum? If that were the case, then you might as well make it Water vs. town. We have the Thanatos + Hades duo where Hades is innocent and Thanatos is presumably scum. Why not Oceanus + Poseidon?.

I have not lied at all in this thread. In some posts I tried to disassociate myself with the vig, but I later claimed vig.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (isolation #50) » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:23 am

Also, the only person that I was really suspicious of yesterday was d_rouge who I now believe to be innocent. I wasn't going to kill him.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (isolation #51) » Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:46 am

I still think that the best thing that we have to go on are Fuldu's votes from yesterday.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (isolation #52) » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:22 am

Oh. I thought that he voted for you, somebody else (other than d_rouge), and finally Lubabah. Gwah. I'll have to reread.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (isolation #53) » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:33 am

vote count
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (isolation #54) » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:43 am

vote: Phoebus

I was actually thinking of voting for him after his post where he voted me as an SKer, but I was worried that it would come off as an OMGUS vote. I've actually noticed a tendency towards OMGUS votes in myself, and am trying to resist them.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (isolation #55) » Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:23 am

[quote="BJ]Also, for what its worth, I do NOT think Ares is in this game.[/quote]

Except that the mod confirmed his existence.

And Phoebus, it seems to me like you're trying to pull an easy lynch and get the day over by lynching me.
You've claimed Hera. What are your abilities?
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (isolation #56) » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:22 am

Yosarian wrote:Is rouge actually claiming doc and protecting you?
When did d_rouge claim doc?
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (isolation #57) » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:10 am

Why not have Phoebus, or whoever is left, role-claim, and then puzzle can reveal his info.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (isolation #58) » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:56 am

Something about Phoebus' posts is bothering me, but it might just be the repetitive "vote lauritz for sk"

Sometime soon, I will look over recent posts and say something more.

Vote Lauritz for senator.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (isolation #59) » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:49 am

BJ, I also think that you're way off with Yosarian.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (isolation #60) » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:04 pm

BJ, not to make myself appear scummy, but I wasn't voting for Lubabah because I thought that he was suspicious. In fact, I thought that he was innocent until the very end. Just clearing that up.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (isolation #61) » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:19 am

I rather suspect Phoebus of being SKer or mafia. Later today (and that's a promise), I'll look over his posts and give try to explain my feelings about him.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (isolation #62) » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:35 am

Lauritz Melchior wrote:BJ, not to make myself appear scummy, but I wasn't voting for Lubabah because I thought that he was suspicious. In fact, I thought that he was innocent until the very end. Just clearing that up.
Let me clear that up. When I say that I "wasn't voting for Lubabah because I thought that he was suspicious," I mean just that. I thought that he was innocent because of my reason for voting for him, in addition to his being targetted. If that's not where the confusion is, then could you please explain the incongruity.

I do agree that it's foolish of anybody to withhold information at this point.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (isolation #63) » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:18 am

Puzzle wrote: don't remember who the third manipulated was. Help welcome on this.

As far as your suspicions about me making it up that my vote was manipulated, d_rouge can vouch for me.

Puzzle, you already semi-role-claimed early on, with your knowledge about a "son of Nox".
No one was stabbed three times on night one. On night two, based on Fuldu's defense of Lubabah early on the previous day, I decided to kill him. He woke up with three stab wounds from my trident. You'll notice that there was no such kill on night one. I cannot kill tonight. I am the even-night-vig. Phoebus is the one that we want. He's been shouting "vote lauritz for sk" this entire day.
Phoebus was also delaying his role-claim early on, while requesting that Puzzle first give his names. Was this, perchance, so that he could claim the name that Puzzle found? Right after, however, he gave his "I'll turn you into a cow" quote. So what?! He half-claims as Hera, but says that he has no abilities. Have we had anybody without abilities in this game?
Phoebus wrote:The reason I'm holding on a claim is that Puzzle may have found me and that makes it easy for me to ascertain what side of the battle he lies on.

Why I ask for a claim from rouge is because of a certain tell, he's either scum or a doc.
First he sets up to claim as the name that Puzzle reveals. Then he says that d_rouge is "either scum or a doc". Trying to encourage the real doc to step up?

He has so far accused me, Yosarian, Puzzle.
Phoebus wrote:Is rouge actually claiming doc and protecting you? What about multiple killers foiling the doc? What are you trying to prove?
Trying to get the real doc to come out again?

He's also mentioned an even-vig at least twice. That would make the game unbalanced. Three kills a night? You'll notice that there was no third kill on night one.

He's tried to get me lynched, Yosarian lynched, and Puzzle lynched. That sounds like a desparate SKer to me.

Confirm vote on Phoebus

and please stop spamming "vote lauritz for sk".
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (isolation #64) » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:21 am

And Puzzle, if you didn't understand what I said before in response to your suspicions about me making up the vote manipulation thingie, I said that d_rouge targetted me (I'm pretty sure that I can say it cause he didn't target me today, so it's in the past). Let him confirm if you don't believe me.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (isolation #65) » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:26 am

I checked out Encyclopedia Mythica like you told me to, and it says nothing about Thanatos being involved in funerary rites.
Encyclopedia Mythica wrote:The Greek personification of death who dwells in the lower world. In the Iliad he appears as the twin brother of Hypnos ("sleep"). Both brothers had little to no meaning in the cults. Hesiod makes these two spirits the sons of Nyx, but mentions no father.

Thanatos was portrayed as a youngster with a inversed torch in one hand and a wreath or butterfly in the other. He appears, with Hypnos, several times on Attican funerary vases, so-called lekythen. On a sculpted column in the Temple of Artemis at Ephese (4th century BCE) Thanatos is shown with two large wings and a sword attached to his girdle.
That's all. Nothing more. I suspect that Phoebus is Thanatos (and not an ability-less Hera as he claims).
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (isolation #66) » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:30 am

Oh, and did I mention that post about letting the town lose just to teach it a lesson?
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (isolation #67) » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:34 am

Wouldn't the "personification of death" as Encyclopedia Mythica calls Thanataos, be a more likely SKer than Poseidon?
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (isolation #68) » Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:42 pm

I still think that Phoebus is SKer (or scum).
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (isolation #69) » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:37 pm

That is correct.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (isolation #70) » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:03 pm

Even though it's a lynch that would probably cause the town to lose???

I ask that you wait for d_rouge to bring up his arguments against Phoebus.

Regardless of how long this day has lasted, impatience is only good for mafia and SKer.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (isolation #71) » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:39 pm

Yes, we do. However, as I am pro-town, and not neutral, SKer, or scum, lynching me brings us to four people tomorrow night (five with doctor or double target). At four people, a town loss is almost certain (there could be two scum left, in addition to the SKer who I am certain is Phoebus). BJ, if you think that I'm a threat to the town, put me to sleep tonight. However, as I said before, I cannot kill on odd nights. I could be the key to winning this game for the town if I'm alive with only four people left (assuming that we lynch correctly today).
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (isolation #72) » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:55 pm

*spouts liquid vehemence*

*watches is sizzle*
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (isolation #73) » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:55 pm

I'm pretty sure the Phoebus is the SKer.

BJ: could you say why you think that I'm the SKer so that I can refute it? Or at least pout at you and stick out my tongue?
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (isolation #74) » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:32 am

No. Because I don't think that she is the SKer. I'm almost positive that Phoebus is the SKer. Yes, I killed somebody last night. You'll notice that I killed nobody on night one. If I remember correctly, there was only one night kill on night one. Therefore, we must have an SKer and a vig. I am the vig.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (isolation #75) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:26 am

Long into the night the reckless townies waited, watching for Phoebus' promised return. He had left to retrieve information on Lauritz Melchior, a suspected Serial Killer. In the blazing sun, old man NPC suffered a heat-stroke and died. And
still
Phoebus did not come. Jack and Jill went up the hill to keep an eye out from that vantage point. Targetted by an unknown arson, Jack fell down dead, and Jill came tumbling after. Meanwhile, in his room, Lauritz Melchior was typing at his computer.... etc. etc.

Anyhow, I still think that the best town choice is to lynch Phoebus and then have BJ put someone else to sleep.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (isolation #76) » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:30 am

It shouldn't for this case, but I still think that he's SKer.

I think that we should talk about what our actions will be tonight. Who should BJ put to sleep? Should d_rouge use his ability? I don't have any kill tonight. Blah. Blah blah.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (isolation #77) » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:52 pm

vote count
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (isolation #78) » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:54 pm

Oh, think about it. There was only one kill on night one. Then three on night two. I'm the only person to have owned up to one of those kills. Also, nobody else has counter-claimed as vig.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (isolation #79) » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:29 am

And that someone should be Phoebus.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (isolation #80) » Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:27 am

I still think that Phoebus is SKer.

PBuG: when you edit it later, will it still be "slaughtered" or will it be more descriptive?

Does anybody else have anything to add?
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (isolation #81) » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:23 pm

PBuG wrote:Puzzle --- Kronos --- scum, lynched Day 2
PBuG wrote:Many of her children, including Kronus, Atlas, and others,

I know that there was some confusion earlier on about Kronus and Kronos. PBuG: are both of those quotes correct?
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (isolation #82) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:06 am

I assumed that "first in command" meant godfather, and I always associate godfather with investigation immunity.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (isolation #83) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:14 am

People mentioned in the backstory:

Gaia: was in game
Kronus: was scum in game (called scum in backstory)
Atlas: ? (called scum in backstory)
Ouranos: was in game

d_rouge has been cleared. He counter-claimed Lubabah on being Rhea. He also targetted me day one.
Lauritz Melchior: known to be killer with trident. pro-town or scumminess unknown.
Phoebus: claimed to be Hera: no ability
SV: claimed to be Demeter, cop.
Yos2: I don't remember.

d_rouge is confirmed
Everybody else is suspect.
I agree that today's vote should be between Phoeubs and SV.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (isolation #84) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:12 am

Phoebus, d_rouge has already claimed. He forced me to vote for Lubabah on day one.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (isolation #85) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:34 am

If the game doesn't end tonight, then who should I kill?
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (isolation #86) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:55 pm

Alrighty. I'm gonna put my
vote
on
Phoebus
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (isolation #87) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:56 pm

Also, I'm not gonna use my night-kill. If we've got 2 people left, then we're screwed. If only one person left, then we've at least got three left alive come tomorrow.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (isolation #88) » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:14 am

I think that that's three votes against Phoebus.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (isolation #89) » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:03 am

I'll eat my hat. =(
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (isolation #90) » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:01 pm

Yosarian, who did you claim again?
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #614 (isolation #91) » Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:25 am

And now, for a glorious show of lackmanship, I will claim that I am too tired to care much.

vote: esme
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (isolation #92) » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:31 am

Er. ahehe :oops:

I seem to have a knack for these things. In another game where I was SKer, I posted a lengthy argument against two people, both of whom died the night before, one by my hand. I did that without even realizing it! My brain didn't seem to register their deaths (I KILLED one of them) because I was focusing entirely on things posted the previous day.

Anyhow, what happened here was simple. I've recently replaced somebody for a mafia game on the GL and am reading up on it. Esme was in that game (now dead), and my mind being on that game, I voted for her here instead of for SV. I was thinking "vote for the girl" or something of that nature. I don't know.

Man! I kind of wish that I hadn't jokingly mentioned my lacktitude or whatever pun it was in the last post. I meant that I was too tired to reread and form my own conclusions.

Anyhow,
unvote: esme
:oops:
vote: SapphireVerde
(I like your new avatar btw)

I think that the reason for today's complete and utter lack of progress is that we're all afraid to be the first to cast a vote. Doing so would cast suspicion on the voter for trying to start a bandwagon (two person bandwagon!!!).

Anyhow, something about SVs brief post seems scummy to me. I'm thinking of a particular chat-mafia game where there were three people left (myself among them) and one of them (the scum) stood quietly aside while I argued vociferously for his death (I knew that he was scum) and the other guy tried to decide between me and the scumbucket. He finally concluded that I was being too obstreperous and therefore must be scum. He voted for me and the scum quickly and quietly added on the second, ensuring his victory.

But, enough lengthy rambles. I'm old and I'm tired. These weary bones aren't long for this world.

I'll bet that this would be a
whole
lot more easy to read if it weren't in stream of consciousness with multiple tangential doctoral theses obscuring the important stuff.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (isolation #93) » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:03 am

Well, poop =(

I must say that Yosarian had me very much fooled. Nice job.
And, embarassed as I am to say this as well, I was certain that Phoebus was SKer.
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (isolation #94) » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:29 am

Great job Yosarian. I never suspected you. I was too busy being convinced of Phoebus' guilt :oops:

Phoebus, I have eaten my hat.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”