Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Mini 202 — Space Travel Mafia - Over!

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:52 am

Post by Changling bob »

The human Imperial Conclave is on the brink of war with the Planetary Alliance, a group representing the wishes of the majority of alien species in the galaxy. Neither side really wants to go to war, and to this end, the Imperial Conclave has sent an ambassador to the Planetary Alliance.

The ambassador is now on the last step of the journey, a relatively short journey on the ship, the Nova Fortis.

On the evening of the first night on board, a scream rings through the ship, and you all rush to see the flight attendant lying in a pool of blood. She has time to whisper, "Aliens.... rebels.... on board....", before she dies. You all look around at one another, before rushing off to your cabins for the night to ponder this development on what would otherwise have been an uneventful journey.

It is now NIGHT 1. The Nova Fortis will arrive at its destination AT THE END OF DAY 4

Roles will be sent out imminently. Once you have received yours, please confirm via PM with any night decisions you may have to make.
UPDATE: All role PMs are now away.
Please
try to get your confirms and choices in by Monday afternoon GMT, as I'm going away for five days then, and I'd rather get the game going with one of my IRL friends babysitting it than keep all of you waiting for a week. Thanks.
Last edited by Changling bob on Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:53 am

Post by Changling bob »

Rules (as ever, kinda stolen):

Votes will only be counted if bold. Please unvote before changing votes. If you don't it'll still be counted, it just makes my job harder :P

Lynches will occur once a simple majority is reached. When this occurs, any further votes or unvotes won't count, and the person with the majority will be killed. A majority of people voting no lynch will, of course, result in no death.

You may not discuss the game outside the thread unless your role tells you so.

Once you have been killed, you are out of the game. Stop posting damit :P

Don't quote my PMs or edit or delete your own posts.

If you have a night choice to make, please get it in to me promptly. I won't implicitly put a deadline on nights, but try and get choices in within a couple of days.

Similarly, I won't implicitly put a deadline on days. If conversation drops off, the first time everyone gets a prod, after the first time a (semi-)strict deadline goes on. Individuals will be prodded on request.

If you expect not to be able to participate for any considerable length of time, please post in this thread to that effect. Don't leave the game hanging.

Lastly, and most importantly,
have fun!
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:28 am

Post by Changling bob »

Updated player list:

Players alive

Aelyn
Coron
Lubabah
mepmuff
n_lich
Nightfall
Norinel
olio
Tam

Players dead

ogre - Human witch doctor
HezLucky - Imperial covert operative
Wallsy - Imperial covert operative
Last edited by Changling bob on Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:52 am

Post by Changling bob »

You awake to find your numbers severely depleted. A quick scan of the ship uncovers the following:

Ogre’s corpse is spread out around his room, dismembered and liberally chopped to pieces. A little poking around his remains and his possessions determines that he was a
human witch doctor

In Hezlucky’s room, you find his body sliced to ribbons, as if by massive claws. Nasty. You find enough evidence in his room that leads you to believe he was an
Imperial covert operative

You find Wallsy in a corridor, full of puncture wounds. He appears to have been shot through by dozens of razor sharp needles. In his hand is an
Imperial
weapon, and rummaging through his room later, you believe he is
covert operative
. Oddly, he appears to have been fighting to protect someone, although you aren’t sure who.

It is now DAY 1. The Nova Fortis will arrive at its destination AT THE END OF DAY 4.
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:54 am

Post by Changling bob »

Official votecount:

Lubabah: 1 (Tam)
Mepmuff: 1 (Lubabah)
Nightfall: 1 (Coron)
olio: 1 (Nightfall)
Tam: 1 (olio)

Not voting: 4 (Aelyn, mepmuff, n_lich, Norinel)

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:07 am

Post by Changling bob »

Official Votecount:

Aelyn: 2 (n_lich, olio)
Coron: 1 (Tam)
mepmuff: 4 (Aelyn, Lubabah, Nightfall, Norinel)
Nightfall: 1 (Coron)

Not voting: mepmuff

Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:56 am

Post by Changling bob »

Due to my going away on a camping trip (stupid DofE), I will be unavailible from Sunday.

Hence, Seol has been coerc- I mean, kindly agreed to threadsit this, erm... thread.

His votecounts will be official, when he says someone is reached lynchness, twilight is entered for 24 hours, or until I post with the lynch scene, whichever is shorter. (this is so there isn't a four day twilight due to a lynch on Sunday evening, or whatever)

I will be back on Thursday evening BST.
I guess this should change now ¬_¬
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #7) » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:19 am

Post by Changling bob »

EDIT: this vote count is wrong. The post is left intact for record.
Official Votecount:

Aelyn: 1 (n_lich)
mepmuff: 3 (Aelyn, Nightfall, Norinel)
Nightfall: 4 (Coron, Lubabah, mepmuff, olio)

As the first day has almost been going for a month, I am going to put a preliminary deadline on day one of Monday 1st August.
If you feel this will not be enough, feel free to PM me for an extension.
Last edited by Changling bob on Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #8) » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:10 am

Post by Changling bob »

Norinel wrote:(Mod, I unvoted mepmuff in the post just before yours.)
My bad.

(correct) Official Votecount:

mepmuff: 2 (Aelyn, Nightfall)
Nightfall: 4 (Coron, Lubabah, mepmuff, olio)

Not voting: Norinel

(and I nearly managed to do it again :oops: )
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #9) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:28 am

Post by Changling bob »

Official Votecount:

Lubabah: 1 (mepmuff)
Mepmuff: 2 (Aelyn, Nightfall)
Nightfall: 2 (Lubabah, olio)

Not voting: Coron, Norinel

A note on the deadline: When I get online on Monday evening (GMT), the day will end with no lynch if no-one has a majority.
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (isolation #10) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:45 am

Post by Changling bob »

Lubabah has been prodded.
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (isolation #11) » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:04 am

Post by Changling bob »

Approximately 24 hours to the provisional deadline. PM me for an extension. If the deadline is reached, there will be no lynch.
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #12) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:47 am

Post by Changling bob »

There is a
one week
extension to the deadline. Day one will end on
8th August
. This deadline will be less negotiable than the deadline due today.

Lubabah's last post in the forum was his last post in this thread. I am going to start looking for a replacement for him.
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #13) » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:52 am

Post by Changling bob »

Official Votecount:

Aelyn: 2 (mepmuff, n_lich)
Nightfall: 2 (Lubabah, olio)

Not voting: Coron, Norinel

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch. Deadline is Monday 8th August.

I'm so rubbish :(. See new votecount.
Last edited by Changling bob on Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #14) » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:43 am

Post by Changling bob »

Official Votecount:

Aelyn: 3 (mepmuff, n_lich, olio)
n_lich: 1 (Coron)
Nightfall: 1 (Lubabah)

Not voting: Norinel
With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch. Deadline is Monday 8th August.

(That's what I get for posting without editing my votecount :( )
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #15) » Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:53 am

Post by Changling bob »

If deadline is reached and no-one has yet been lynched, there will be no lynch.
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (isolation #16) » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:59 am

Post by Changling bob »

Norinel wrote:True, but because of the smallish chance that Aelyn is lying, some lynch is a bit better than no lynch. On the other hand, Aelyn's suggested that she might have some ability, and if it's anything that can protect the ambassador it's worth keeping around.

vote: Aelyn
, I suppose. Might be able to get on later to change if somebody better gets the votes.

mod:
What's the time of the deadline?
The deadline will be tomorrow evening, probably around 6 BST.

btw, Aelyn isn't actually female :P
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (isolation #17) » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:58 am

Post by Changling bob »

Official Votecount:

Aelyn: 4 (mepmuff, n_lich, Norinel, olio)
mepmuff: 1 (Nightfall)

Not voting: Aelyn

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Deadline is in approximately 19 hours. If no-one has been lynched in this time, no lynch will occur.
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #18) » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:46 am

Post by Changling bob »

Approximately three hours until deadline.
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #19) » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:00 am

Post by Changling bob »

(An hour later than advertised: )

The conversation flows back and forth, people coming under suspicion, to later be cleared and yet later re-examined. Your discussion lasts late into the night, and it's the small hours of the morning before any of you realise the time. Rather than do anything rash, you decide to catch the few hours of sleep left availible, and head to your cabins.

Final Day 1 Votecount:

Official Votecount:
Aelyn: 4 (mepmuff, n_lich, Norinel, olio)
mepmuff: 1 (Nightfall)

Not voting: Aelyn

It is now night 2. Please get your night actions in promptly. I will be going on holiday in a weeks time, and Seol will be threadsitting again, and I would like to get the day started before I leave. All PMs to me by Sunday 14th please :)
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (isolation #20) » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:18 pm

Post by Changling bob »

Day 2

You wake up and head back to the lounge of the Nova Fortis, only to find your number decreased. Coron is missing.

You head back to his room to find him. You find his corpse, his head having exploded around his cabin. A quick search of his room leads to the discovery of diplomatic papers and agendas for various meetings with the Planetary Alliance.

Coron, the
Imperial Ambassador
has been killed.

The aliens, Aelyn, Lubabah, Nightfall and Norinel, win!

Roles to follow.
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (isolation #21) » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:18 pm

Post by Changling bob »

Coron - Imperial Ambassador
You are the ambassador to the alien races. The Imperial conclave has decreed that you are to protected at all costs, and to this end have put two covert operatives on this journey. These are HezLucky and Wallsy, and you may talk with them during the night cycle on board ship. Should you die, the good side will lose, although Wallsy is your bodyguard who will protect you with his life if it is necessary.

Hezlucky - Imperial Covert Operative
You are a covert operative, assigned by the Imperial Conclave to protect the ambassador at all costs. Your partner is Wallsy, and you may communicate with him during the night cycle, along with the ambassador himself, Coron. In addition, you have been given instructions to hunt down anyone who may harm the ambassador, and may kill one person on board ship each night, although you don't have to.

Wallsy - Imperial Covert Operative
You are a covert operative, assigned by the Imperial Conclave to protect the ambassador at all costs. Your partner is HezLucky, and you may communicate with him during the night cycle, along with the ambassador himself, Coron. In addition, you have been given orders to protect the ambassador with your life. Should someone try to kill the ambassador at night, you will be killed instead to protect him.

mepmuff - Human Captain
You are the captain of the Nova Fortis. Although the ambassador's passage on board was kept discrete, you are aware of his purpose. You also know that in two days time, the Nova Fortis will travel through a radiation belt, and that anyone who does not vote, or votes no lynch at the end of day two will not be within the radiation shielded region on the ship, and will be killed that night by the radiation.

n_lich - Human Ship's Physician
You are the ship's physician. You are bound by honour and oaths to minimise bloodshed on board, and to that end can visit one person each night to attempt to protect them, or heal them if they are wounded.

Tam - Human Latent Psychic
You are a regular passenger on board ship. However, you have latent psychic powers that surface when you are feeling particularly violent. When you vote someone at the end of a day, during the night, you will be given a vision of the person you voted, which may indicate their allegiances.

olio - Human Engineer
You are an engineer on board the Nova Fortis. While boarding was underway, you were looking at the passenger list. To your surprise it listed an Imperial ambassador as staying in cabin 5, the room occupied by Wallsy.

ogre - Human Witch Doctor
You are a regular passenger on board the Nova Fortis. You also practice a little witch doctoring, learnt on a rather backward planet you visited a few years back. You know a few practical magicks, that may protect the target. However, the result are a little unpredictable, ranging from protecting the target from all harm, to only working if performed well in advance, to doing very little. You may use your magicks on one person each night.
Mod note: Roll 1D10 twice: 1-4: protect, 5-6: reveal self as innocent, 7: investigates target, 8: protects tomorrow night, 9-0: nothing

Aelyn - Alien Shotteriser
Nightfall - Alien Choperiser
Norinel - Alien Sliceriser
You are a <Shotteriser/Choperiser/Sliceriser>, a hideous alien, bent on stopping the alliance between the Imperial conclave and the alien races. You are on board ship, along with <partner one> and <partner two> to stop the ambassador reaching his destination. To this end, you may kill one player at night over the entire journey, as may the other aliens. These kills may all be on the same night, or spread out, as you decide as a group. You are also lead to believe another alien is on board who you may communicate at night with, once they have let themselves be known to you. You may also communicate at night with the other aliens from the start.

Lubabah - Alien Sensoriser
You are a Sensoreriser, a hideous alien, bent on stopping the alliance between the Imperial conclave and the alien races. You are on board ship, along with three other aliens. However, you are unsure of who they are. You do however have a rather fancy set of senses, and so each night may pick a passenger to sniff, to see if they have the smell of alien, the odour of human, or the stink of upper class Imperial. You may communicate at night with your fellow aliens, once you discover who they are. You may also kill one person at night over the course of the entire journey, either before or after you have found your fellow aliens.

Night choices to follow.
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (isolation #22) » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:19 pm

Post by Changling bob »

Night 1

HezLucky: Kill n_lich
Nightfall: Kill HezLucky
Aelyn: Kill Ogre
Norinel: Kill Coron
redirected to Wallsy by Wallsy's ability

Ogre: Target n_lich
Lubabah: Investigate Coron
n_lich: protect Aelyn

Results:
n_lich protected night 2
HezLucky, orge, Wallsy killed
Lubabah informed Coron is Imperial

Night 2

Lubabah: Kill Coron
n_lich: protect Tam

Results:
Coron killed
Tam informed Coron is Imperial (vote ability)
Changling bob
Changling bob
Goon
Changling bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #23) » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:28 pm

Post by Changling bob »

A few comments:

First off, thanks to everyone for playing! It was definitely an interesting game...

The first night action I got in was a vig kill aimed at the doc, which was mildly worrying, then the scum firestorm happend :shock:. I wasn't expecting that play, as it left the scum at the mercy of lynches to kill Coron. But then again, it certainly made it tense.

Big_kahunia looked over the setup for me, suggesting some very good modifications: mostly the addition of a bodyguard role. In retrospect, a
very
good idea, otherwise the game would've been stupid short. He also pointed out that town could win just by the ambassador claiming and getting doc protection, no lynching, and the scum would have to stab in the dark to get the doc, wasting their restricted number of kills. As it was, the second night was a game of cat and mouse between the two remaining night abilities: n_lich had to guess who scum might kill, and Lubabah had to guess if there was a doc and who they would target if there was.

But anyway, thoughts, comments and suggestions would be appriciated. I'm thinking of running a sequal to this at some point, but obviously there are a few balance issues still. And thanks again to everyone who played, to big_kahunia for having a look over the setup, and to Seol for watching over the thread while I've been away.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”