Mini 216 - Final Fantasy Mafia. GAME OVER!

SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:37 am

Post by SinisterOverlord »

Hm. It's obvious all the townie roles are FF player character classes, and the scum roles are random mobs. I don't recall encountering an Alchemist class in FF, at least, though... that's not to say I don't know what one is, though :P *coughwatchfullmetalalchemistcough*

I'll second the guess for inventor-type, cause doc is likely to be white mage. It could be doc... if we have two.

And methinks someone might have a specific posting restriction :P.
MUAHAHAHAHA!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:31 pm

Heeh. My guess for now is that it's not gonna be taken from/based on any one specific one more than any other, just a random assortment of stuff from here, there and everywhere, as the mod sees fit.

And just in case it turns out to be relevant somehow, played 7, 10, Tactics Advance, and started 8 (about half way through disc 1, my disc went kaput and kept crashing at a specific point). Watched the opening scene of some guy's 10-2, and fell over laughing. Read 8-bit theater :P
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:45 pm

Thesp wrote:There's enough out there to work from hunches and guesses.
Erm... just about all we've talked about are the various FF games - what we've played each, what the game might be based on, and the possiblities surrounding last night's kill. Just about no game-talk.

Well, I do suppose the fun of a hunch or a guess is there ain't much justification, if any... still, I don't see how this is any better than a random vote. Or is there something I've said that could be scummy I haven't noticed?
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #3) » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:34 pm

You think so? I don't think it's that unusual... pretty normal thing for someone to say, when there ain't much happening.

In other news, I'll be offline for about 48 hours.
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #4) » Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:37 pm

Thesp wrote:I didn't see how your speculation about the scum was obvious. I thought you knew more about that than we did.
It seems to me to be fairly obvious. Consider: the game is themed around a random encounter, where a few random enemies have come and attacked the party. It's common sense, then, that the 'good guys' - town - would be the party, and the 'bad guys' - scum - would be random guys. The party are blind - they don't know who's who. The enemies aren't - they know who's on their side and who isn't. Also, add that to the fact that we have two dead people - a town-aligned class (Alchemist), even if it's a rarely found one - and a mafia member, a Cactuar - which in the games, is one of the random encounter bad guys.
Thesp wrote:I'm also not comfortable with how derisive you are towards my vote.
I was derisive because I couldn't see any possible reason for it.

And I'm not comfortable with the way you're behaving - looks to me like you're looking more for a reason - any reason - to lynch someone, rather than trying to figure out whether they're scum or not.
FOS: Thesp

And furthermore, Blackberry, I second ChocoCid's comments. If there's no reason for it, then why would you do it for no reason?

Unless it's a part of his post restriction that he must include, say, 3 Kupo's per post, but he can't say or indicate that it's a post restriction.
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:46 pm

Thesp wrote:I'm not sure how my one vote lynches someone. I am looking for reasons to vote someone, though, to work from there, and I'm happier with my vote now.
And you talk about misrepresentation? The whole idea of votes is to lynch people. If you want to just indicate suspicion of me, a FOS will suffice. You vote who you think to be scum and want lynched (and occasionally, as a lurker-prod). So don't go 'Oh, I wasn't lynching, just voting', cause by yourself, your vote is the most you can do to lynch someone.

Vote: Thesp
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:55 pm

Initially I thought that FFV would be more similar to the more recent numbered FF's that I've played, in that you'd have certain characters which would be naturally inclined certain ways (your high hp high str 'warrior' guy, high magic 'black mage' guy, etc. But considering how different all the FF's have been (for the most part) in their character mechanics, that was probably a stupid assumption.

Anyway, I visited gamefaqs, and yes, my role is in V.
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #7) » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:52 pm

Unvote: Thesp, Vote: Kaoticity

Considering how long between posts, and the fact that he's the leading vote-getter, that was a grossly inadequate and unsatisfying post.
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (isolation #8) » Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:34 pm

Erm...
Unvote

It's been made much of that I reacted defensively to Thesp's attack on me. I am curious as to the problem with this. Am I to just nod and go "Mm, fair point," when someone attacks me? I'm not playing this game cause I want to get lynched. If someone's going to attack me, I think it's fair enough that I defend myself, and I'd be interested to hear any logic that says otherwise.

Now.
Thesp wrote:How is this speculation helpful? FOS: warpdragon for fluff-posting.
Oh, cause, you know, we're never allowed to post anything other than a direct attack on another player, cause any other sort of talk - even talk that helps us figure out the theme and mechanics - is obviously scum distraction.
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #9) » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:49 am

And now, to get ridiculously over-defensive for two votes.

GRAAAAH! SINISTEROVERLORD SMASH!

*pounds Fry Guy's skull in*

DISCLAIMER: The above was humour and not serious in any way, shape or form.

Seriously, though;

Thesp, I think warpdragon posting fluff speculation - what he thinks - is better than nothing. Granted, he hasn't gone as much scum-hunting as say, us, but I get the feeling that was more not having that much to say on the topics you mentioned, or just being genuinely quiet, than lurking to avoid attention. Goodness knows, I've done that a fair bit in other games - been fairly quiet, got accused of lurking, eventually lynched.

I'm not comfortable with Blackberry. I think the fluff claim for the fun of it was a stupid move, and the mason claim was also not the best move for day 1. It may be true, it may be false, but I'm prepared to leave it be for now and come back to it in a day or two (assuming, that is, I'm still around :P).

Also, for the record, it seems to me like Fry Guy's trying to not say too much, while still posting semi-regularly.
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (isolation #10) » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:09 pm

Hm. Mod, votecount?

As much as I still feel Thesp's the best bet, doesn't look like I'm going to convince many other people. So,
Unvote: Thesp

I'll
Vote: Fry Guy.
Also someone I've been looking at - and there are other people voting for him, so we may make progress.
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (isolation #11) » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:51 pm

This is stupid. Really, really stupid.

Ah, we're going to cleverly have Blackberry encode his information because we can figure it out and the scum can't? Oh, and I'm sure they'll be most happy to skip over our
discussing of how the information is hidden
, cause they're clearly honourable enough to not look for the information if effort's made to hide it!

Don't make me laugh. Waste of time - under a deadline no less - and waste of effort. If Blackberry's gonna claim his partner, he should claim it, if not, then don't.

Oh, and look who it is who suggested it! What a surprise that scum would try and waste our time right before the deadline, so that we have to rush into a lynch.
Unvote: Fry Guy, Vote: Thesp
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (isolation #12) » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:05 am

Hm.

Looks like it would be prudent to get what I need to onto the table.

I'm a Thief. I steal stuff from players, related to their role - in other words, a sort of role-cop.

For my night 1 choice, I picked warpdragon. The item I stole makes his role fairly obvious (his fluff-role, at least). I won't say what it is right now - if the town wants me to, I will by way of confirming my innocence, but I don't want to just chuck it down there on the table for the scum to see straight away. Needless to say, it's protown.

If this is ignored, and you persist on lynching me, then hear me once you see that I wasn't scum. I very strongly believe Thesp to be scum. Go after him... an investigation, a lynch, whatever. Just I'm nearly certain I'm onto scum here.
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (isolation #13) » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:36 pm

Hm. For the record, no, warpdragon's item was not a lantern or a dagger.

I investigated Thesp last night (hands up who's surprised!). He had a dagger, much like mine. Probably protown, but might be Tonberry - if my stealing is the only kind of investigation, perhaps this could mean a Tonberry is the godfather, investigative protection of a sort?

In any case. Given the number of roles having a dagger could translate as, I'm prepared to give Thesp the benefit of the doubt here.
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (isolation #14) » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:29 am

Huh, that's interesting. Fits with what I had for warpdragon - a large, shiny sword - but I would've expected such a common role to have an ability. Was thinking possibly vig at first, but later maybe doc - in the sense of he uses Protect or something to take the hit himself, and it doesn't kill him because he's so tankity. Ah well. Everyone can't have a powerful role, I guess.

I'd advise noone else to vote Thesp just yet - give the man a chance to speak up in his defence before lynching him. Granted, he hasn't posted yet today... mod?
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (isolation #15) » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:59 pm

Hm - just a thought. We've been going on the assumption that there's 3 scum in the group - is there any evidence supporting this? What if there was 2 scum (monsters) and a SK (dagger killer), and the reason we only had one kill last night is cause we lynched the last scum?

Or have I forgotten something?
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (isolation #16) » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:42 pm

Hm. An interesting thought comes up.
Lt. Origen wrote:I am the White Monk. Apparently, night actions are considered dishonorable, so I don't have any. Go go vanilla townie. My item is a claw.
Why would a white mage have a claw? In FFTA, FFV, and all other FF's that come to mind, a White Mage has a staff. This smells foul. Perhaps scum, a monster with a claw, trying to cover himself in case he's investigated? I don't like that at all.
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (isolation #17) » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:43 pm

Oh, wait, my bad. Read it wrong. White MONK... claw users. Stupid me :P
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (isolation #18) » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:29 am

Just to confirm: so you're saying because I stole your knife, you now can't use your ability?
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (isolation #19) » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:01 am

Just checking the PM, yeah, it is a knife, not a dagger.
So, as far as my investigations go, I should get:
Kaoticity: ? (fluff?)
Fry Guy: rapier
warpdragon: Checked, sword
Bamboomancer: sword
Thesp: Checked, knife
Lt. Origen: claw
ChocoCid: saber

This correct? Kaoticity, your role PM have any fluff (heh) that indicates what I'd get?

Now. I'm somewhat suspicious of Thesp over that. It doesn't seem right that my investigation would remove his ability... granted, we can't exactly check with warpdragon, seeing as he has no ability, and granted, the mod did mention to him that he had a replacement, indicating that this might be relevant somehow. Hmm... I wonder if I can return the knife in question?

Thoughts are. Lynch one of the townie-roles... Kaoticity, Lt. Origen, Thesp. I don't list warpdragon as the purpose of this is that they may be lying, and if they're not the loss is lessened than a power role. I'd lean against Kaoticity too, as the presence of a mason means another, and it hasn't been counter-claimed... of course, noone said both masons had to be protown, but the alternative's a lesser probability. So I'd say either Lt. Origen or Thesp, who might as well be a townie now I've got his knife (neener neener neener :P).

I'll investigate ChocoCid. If he's telling the truth, we've got another cop. If he's lying, then it'll become clear.

Fry Guy should use his ability, by way of confirming himself - if we see someone fried by lightning, we'll know who did it. I reccomend the one of Lt. Origen or Thesp we don't lynch.

If, by that stage, we haven't won yet, then our list of suspects will be fairly narrow. Admittedly, this is a somewhat cold-blooded approach to doing this, but it's playing the numbers - to more probably take out the game.

Given the circumstances, I'd say Thesp's the best lynch target for today. He's already on 3 with 5 to lynch, and he's on shakier ground, IMO. But I won't put the vote on just yet, see if anyone can poke any holes in my theory first.
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (isolation #20) » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:03 am

Oh, and Fry Guy: in FFTA (which, AFAIK, is the only place Jugglers appear), the Juggler class is restricted to Moogles only. But if Thesp's telling the truth, I doubt he was given that per se, as none of the other 'class' roles seem to have been given races.
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (isolation #21) » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:23 pm

Very well.
. Let's see how this goes.
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (isolation #22) » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:23 pm

*does happy dance*

Yay! Go us! Whee!

It gives me such a great deal of satisfaction that after going after Thesp for all that time so hard, I was actually not wrong. Seriously, first time that's happened. All my other hunches/scum feelings have been way off.

Also,
Seol wrote:MOD NOTE: If the Thief steals an item from the Red Mage, Blue Mage, Paladin or Alchemist, he learns their abilities permanently.
Whoa... that's awesome. So in theory, I could've been a cop, doc, vig, roleblocker and ability absorber, at the same time. Though I imagine I would've only been able to use one of those abilities at a time. Still... wish that'd happened :D

Aah, good stuff. Thanks very much for a fun game, mod.
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (isolation #23) » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:24 pm

*does happy dance*

Yay! Go us! Whee!

It gives me such a great deal of satisfaction that after going after Thesp for all that time so hard, I was actually not wrong. Seriously, first time that's happened. All my other hunches/scum feelings have been way off.

Also,
Seol wrote:MOD NOTE: If the Thief steals an item from the Red Mage, Blue Mage, Paladin or Alchemist, he learns their abilities permanently.
Whoa... that's awesome. So in theory, I could've been a cop, doc, vig, roleblocker and ability absorber, at the same time. Though I imagine I would've only been able to use one of those abilities at a time. Still... wish that'd happened :D

Aah, good stuff. Thanks very much for a fun game, mod.
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (isolation #24) » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:59 pm

Oh.
warpdragon wrote:SO: remeind me to nominate you for a title after the game ends.
:D

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”