Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:15 pm

Post by Nai »

I don't see the two steps that everyone is posting about. I see that the vocal cords were severed, and the lungs were cut off from the blood stream. That's two different hits.

Vote: Esme
, since he brought it up and I don't understand the problem.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:47 pm

Post by Nai »

Ah, I see what you mean. It seemed pretty cut and dry to me. Doctor's preliminary examination, the lungs seemed to be degrading. Then when he actually checked, he found they were cut off. But that just seems like flavor to me.

And people call me a girl at times, shows how much people look at the gender marker. Sorry about that.

Unvote: esme
for the good answer.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #29 (isolation #2) » Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:23 pm

Post by Nai »

Back on the point of the game, I'm wondering why STD isn't posting anything more than votes and smiley faces. I'll drop ten bucks and a gallon of bodily plasma that he's got a posting restriction.

...Liable to be paid sometime in the next 1000 years, of course.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #47 (isolation #3) » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:25 pm

Post by Nai »

Whee, I was right! I feel special! Now...

I already have a guess who STD is, and it sort of makes sense. Doesn't lend itself to, or stray away from, being mafia, and I can't begin to think of what kind of abilities it would have.

I think I'm going to
FOS: Chaotic_Diablo
and hold back on voting him. He's made a stupid reasoning for voting GreenLiquid, he's also not rescinded that vote, and he has posted since Green has been around. You'd think a lurker vote would be revoked after the guy stops lurking.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #60 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:24 pm

Post by Nai »

Yup, and I recall it being Meme in Points Mafia, actually. But a smiley mafia works quite well.

For now, I'm getting no vibes off of STD at all, good or bad. There's nothing to judge. And if my guess about his role is correct, then he won't be posting anything at all for quite some time.

As for X,Y,Z, he can use one emoticon for all of them, and we can just guess.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #64 (isolation #5) » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:35 pm

Post by Nai »

Yes, my thoughts exactly. I thought he was the mouth, so he could be mute because the vocal cords are gone.

However, I don't think your argument about him is valid, Nanook. I don't think he was MEANT to use an alphabet made out of emoticons, he was meant to be mute. However, since he's not actually typing anything, it gets past the mute drawback. See Points Mafia with Meme to see what I mean.

I'd still like to hear from C_D, since he hasn't responded to my comments.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #66 (isolation #6) » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:07 am

Post by Nai »

You don't think you need to respond to someone who asked why you are still using a lurker vote on a person that's been posting? Pretty strange argument.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #73 (isolation #7) » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:21 pm

Post by Nai »

Nanook, I'm not really willing to put trust in your results as per saying that Yaw is at fault for killing your partner. If only because complete watcher role AND mason is a very, very strong role. Partial watcher plus mason is still strong, but not as much. I think you probably missed things going on last night. I guess we won't know right now, but there it is.

As I stated before, the Smilie Code was used in Points Mafia. I forget, but I think STD might have been in there... But he could have taken the code from there, wouldn't have been hard.

What I wonder is why are people making the corolation between smilie faces and a full face role? There's no point to drawing that conclusion. Just because I post a :lol: face does not mean I'm part of the face, or even the whole face.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #88 (isolation #8) » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:56 am

Post by Nai »

The brain sounds like a good roleclaim to me, at least body wise. Mouth, lungs, vocal cords, eyes, my role... It's logical (pun un-intended). I'm still trying to figure out the posting restriction, though...

Here's what I'm wondering. If people are paired up... We already have two claimed semi-mason pairs... One's a vig, so that's a killing group. If we assume there's a mafia, that's two killing groups. Unless mafia has a double kill for night 1, or something to the effect, we have two possible explanations for the double kill night 1.

A.) Either Bifrost lied to us and they DID target night 1 (Unlikely) or...

B.) There is a THIRD killing group in our midst.

A, as I said, seems unlikely. B seems more likely than A, and far more likely than a double mafia kill night 1.

This is my guess, but it doesn't lead us to a day 1 lynch. I'm still not ready to drop a vote on anyone. But as for who I'm getting bleeps on Scum-o'-dar (TM) from...

FOS: Chaotic Diablo
for STILL not retracting his lurker vote, giving no good reason for not retracting it, and attacking someone else while keeping it out...

FOS: Nonny
for not removing his/her vote when going away due to sickness. I know he/she is sick, but it's not that hard to type unvote. It seems like a nice way to keep that vote out there and not be blamed if the person they vote for gets lynched and is town.

and
FOS: Bifrost
, mostly for doing a roleclaim not only for himself BUT also putting forth another role, when we've already got a claimed set of masons, and saying they're linked. True, he might be town. But that's a weird move for a townie. Seems more like setting up a claim for scum.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #100 (isolation #9) » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:46 pm

Post by Nai »

I don't understand what the big deal is, so let me bold it so people read it. This doesn't seem that hard to understand to me, and it's taking up time arguing about it, taking us nowhere.

In all probability, STD was probably NOT meant to use smileys as a cypher to speak in the game. His drawback probably only says "You are not allowed to use letters to speak" and that's it, so he does the next best thing. Seeing as Mafia-scum does not give any other symbols, smiley faces are it. You can't use punctuation, there isn't enough of it.

That's it. The only thing about it. Now can we please get to real conversation about a possible lynch, and not a week long conversation about how STD's drawback doesn't make sense for weird reasons? You're arguing about flavor here.

... God I sound like IS up there.

From another game I've played, in English Literature Mafia, I was Frankenstein. Each day I only used one syllable words, I was un-killable at night. So I think that might be his "rand power" or something. Mind, I'm not sure that's a good thing to test at the moment, seeing as he hasn't been investigated yet.

On another point, commenting to Bifrost, why does the brain have to pair up with anyone? In any game I've played of Mafia, there really has never been that many groups together. We've already got at least three groups claimed, including the mafia itself. Why do you think there is ANOTHER one? Of any body part, the brain sounds either like it would be paired with anyone (another way to say alone) or just alone period.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #105 (isolation #10) » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:22 pm

Post by Nai »

@Yaw, and everyone in general: You people are way too into the flavor of this game. Some things can work even if they are out of flavor. Unless Shelper is known for making sure everything is completely flavorful (which he sort of did and sort of didn't in my role), then we might just have to take stuff at face value.

In general, a few players have been keeping up this 'flavor' conversation about STD's role, and they're stopping any other conversation from going on. This seems a bit scummy to me, as they drag people into the conversation and won't let them talk about anything else without derailing them. Specifically...

FOS: Bifrost
, though not very much. He just hasn't been letting it go yet.

FOS: Yaw
who keeps the conversation going.

FOS: STD
for not giving anything useful.

However, I still don't like Chaotic_Diablo. He's attacking STD at the moment, yet still voting for Green. So here's a
Vote: C_D
which adds up to the third vote on him.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #109 (isolation #11) » Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:03 pm

Post by Nai »

@Yaw: I'm not saying "this is not the scum", I'm saying that you guys are getting obsessed with flavor. yes, he's the brain. But listen to your arguments:

"He must be scum, he's using a full face smiley face when he's only the brain. That's not right."

I mean, c'mon. He's using SMILEY FACES as a cipher, when there's no other cipher he can use. But you're attacking him for that.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #112 (isolation #12) » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:19 pm

Post by Nai »

I was just pointing out that peopl were using that argument to keep other arguments out of the thread, and it was getting annoying. Every time anyone tried to do anything else, people would bring that back up.

And I havn't been deciphering, I'm no good at things like that. I don't have the patience. But, to me, that doesn't imply that he's SUPPOSED to use emoticons. "Can" and "supposed" are two very different words. I think he's just saying he
can
circumvent the restriction using emoticons, not that he's required to.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #114 (isolation #13) » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:31 pm

Post by Nai »

My argument is more to make people stop doing THEIR stupid arguments and start arguing about something intelligent. Like my stupid arguments.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #122 (isolation #14) » Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:26 pm

Post by Nai »

After reading over the last few posts, I've just thought of a few things... And I"m ashamed not to have thought of them/noticed them before.

1.) Nanook, day 1, claims that a
dead
player is his mason partner. We take this at face value, even though there is no way to prove it. We jumped on another conversation.

2.) I didn't notice STD saying he could take a random role. I must have missed that, or Yaw is just saying something to try to trick people like me into thinking they missed something. But think about that. Doesn't it make sense? Flavor-wise, I mean. The brain is connected to everything. While it can't do much on it's own (hence the drawback), it has a hand in all bodily functions. So while he takes his drawback, he gets to use a random role. While that could be good or bad, it's still interesting.

C_D, I'm inclined to like your 5 cop theory. As far as we know, just by claims (none of which are yet verified), the two cops that have come out so far are useless on their own. We have a watcher cop. Doesn't know what happened, just knows someone else is out. We have a feeling cop. All he knows is someone isn't an organ. And, perhaps, maybe scum make up most of the non-organic people.

I'd think the eyes would be a role cop, the mouth is capable of talking at night to others... Stuff like that. The mouth can share night-discovered information.

There's also this problem about two night kills night 1. Scum would do a night 1 kill, of course. We have a claimed vig group that says they havn't killed anyone. Either that leaves a SK (unlikely), a different third kill group (as I said before, unlikely), or the vigs arn't telling the truth. I don't know what to think right now.

I'll re-read over the thread in a bit.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #125 (isolation #15) » Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:27 am

Post by Nai »

I think that at this point in the day, we've begun to run out of items to work with. I don't think that we can get ourselves that much more information without a lynch at this point. And while I'm not a fan of a lynch with no information, that seems to be all we can do at this point.

My suspicions fall under Nanook (for claiming Mason with a guy that's already dead, so no chance of actually having a confirmation), STD (for the obvious reasons), and Yaw. The latter is for very little reasoning beyond the fact that he's known for targetting a dead player. As far as I can see, the "not squishy" bit doesn't really condemn him.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #129 (isolation #16) » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:50 am

Post by Nai »

True, but it's still rather odd, and we've taken it at face value without questioning it at all.

As for being suspicious of STD... My thoughts towards him are changing. Mostly because he's not giving straight answers. I'm getting convinced by others' arguments, and I think he's acting more scummy by the minute.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #136 (isolation #17) » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:28 am

Post by Nai »

It's not that I don't believe you, Nanook, as much that I'm dissapointed in myself at taking it at face value and not questioning it. Just means I need to be a bit more suspicious, that's all :p

I'm going to
Unvote: Chaotic_Diablo
for the time being and try to see if there's anyone worth voting for. We already have so many claims on day 1, I don't think that pressuring for another claim on anyone will work well.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #142 (isolation #18) » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:42 am

Post by Nai »

My problem with this "hard" thing against Yaw is that several other people who have already claimed can be construed as "not squishy". The mouth has teeth, so the mouth can be considered 'hard'. The hands have bones, so they could be 'hard'. The thing is, though, both of them have squishy parts. But maybe bone marrow?

I'm having a hard time deciding who I want to put my vote on. The more I re-read the thread, the more STD seems scummy to me, and the more naive my posts seem... Yet Yaw was discovered to have targetted a dead player.

My only problem with lynching either of them is this thing about the second kill last night. I don't think that the Mafia could have gotten a second kill, so that, in my mind, leaves us with another killing group that targetted last night.

Still... Day 1 has dragged on a long time. STD looks guilty to me, so I'm going to
Vote: STD
. Now might be a good time to drop the smilies and post in real letters and give up that power of yours.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #154 (isolation #19) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:31 pm

Post by Nai »

Hmm... Think he's avoiding letting out a story? That's what it seems like to me.

I agree with them Nonny, don't roleclaim. We have far too many claims out at the moment.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #160 (isolation #20) » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:06 pm

Post by Nai »

Seeing as we're not going anywhere, and it's been a nice amount of time since the first post, I'd like to
Vote: Deadline
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #164 (isolation #21) » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:52 pm

Post by Nai »

Most people, it seems, think either the restriction is fake, or that he only has to use it if he wants the night ability. Since he's under the gun, he should give up on the ability. However, seeing as he's posted on other threads and not giving attention to this one, I think it's time to end it.

Non-official vote count:

STD: 5

One more vote kills him, I think, so I'll refrain from voting and give him a few more days to post.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #166 (isolation #22) » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:27 pm

Post by Nai »

Am I? Whoops! I thought I took that vote off. This is what I get for playing two games at once while doing schoolwork.

Unvote: STD
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #172 (isolation #23) » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:28 am

Post by Nai »

Well, if I hadn't already asked for a deadline, I'd ask for a mod-prod and replacement of STD. He hasn't posted at all on this thread, much less given us answers. But hey, he might just be guilty and hoping to get out of it. If he hasn't posted in five hours or so (depending on when I"m back from sister's soccer practice and such), I'll give him the final vote.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #174 (isolation #24) » Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:34 pm

Post by Nai »

I don't WANT to do the final vote. But I think 12 days is quite enough. However, I don't mind waiting one more day.

And I didn't see that, what post was that?
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #179 (isolation #25) » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:08 pm

Post by Nai »

Okay then:

Vote: Replacement STD
and, because of that (this makes me very hypocritic, I know),
Vote: Removal of deadline
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #182 (isolation #26) » Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:57 pm

Post by Nai »

You have a good point. But balancing between "Lynch a lurker" or "Replace a lurker" is hard. While I'm thinking outside of the game, my opinions change. So saying it's a 'sudden' change isn't completely right.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #184 (isolation #27) » Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:44 pm

Post by Nai »

At first I thought the day was dragging on too long, with us torn between Yaw and STD. Then STD stopped posting and I thought a deadline would be good so he'd have to post or be lynched. Then, when I realized the actual amount of time he hadn't posted (12 days or so) I thought he should be replaced before we lynch him. Too late now, but it was a thought.

I'm ready to place the axe if no one else wants the honors.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #186 (isolation #28) » Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:39 pm

Post by Nai »

Didn't want to double post earlier in the morning. Oh well. Since I have no idea what the vote count is...

Vote: STD
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #193 (isolation #29) » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:41 am

Post by Nai »

Didn't notice the thread had been checked. So an SK is dead. That explains the second kill night one. Just before he died he killed Bifrost. Makes sense. It also makes it a little more risky for us, seeing as we have a lot less people than we should day 2. Let's get lucky today.

We talked about Yaw and STD (mainly) so much yesterday. I'm not sure who is suspicious now. C_D is cleared as a cop, his result panned out. Other than that, I can't remember anyone else cleared by last night's actions.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #195 (isolation #30) » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:28 am

Post by Nai »

Oi, this is what I get for posting just after waking up. When I read the opening post, I thought it said something like "Yaw, mafia, missing". I just re-read it and saw it wasn't true.

Now that I've re-read the thread, I'm finding something very odd. Two people come out as cops. One's a watcher cop, one's a strange form of role cop. Both live through the night. Two roles that make extra kills are dead. It seems really strange to me. The mafia had to have killed the SK or half of the vig, but why choose either of them when they could have taken a cop down?
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #198 (isolation #31) » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:24 pm

Post by Nai »

The 'nothing to feel' bit is directly related to my role. If you figured it out, congrats, leave it be for now. I don't want to claim.

You've got a good point C_D. I still always find it odd when cops live the day after they claimed.

I'd like to hear what Nanook found from last night.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #200 (isolation #32) » Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:15 am

Post by Nai »

Nanook, one question. Was the person you watched a claimed person that should have a night ability?
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #203 (isolation #33) » Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:52 pm

Post by Nai »

I'll claim if needed. I'm pro-town, not townie. My role is sort of "invisible", as you put it. Though not really. I'd rather not claim and work with what we have for now.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #206 (isolation #34) » Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:32 pm

Post by Nai »

I think at this point, the worst thing we can do is a mass claim. We're already down to 7 people, and a mass claim would just out the rest of the people of the group, giving the scum far too many targets. Just keep it safe for now, nonny. We have plenty of claims to work with. Though, to me, the claims don't seem to be helping.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #209 (isolation #35) » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:47 am

Post by Nai »

You know, he never did say that he wanted me to claim and then lynch me based on it. He also said
you
might be scum, though you seem to have overlooked that. Since you seem to be placing words where they don't belong, I'm going to
Vote: Shadyforce
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #215 (isolation #36) » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:32 am

Post by Nai »

shadyforce wrote: I think getting Nai to claim and lynching either him or esme based on the validity of that claim, might be a good way to go.
C_D wrote:Then we have shadyforce who brought up STD's suspicion. I'm more inclined to believe that either Nai or/and esme might be scum.
There is a big,
big
difference between these two. One is just thinking that me and esme is suspicious, and the other is getting me, and me
alone
, to claim and then lynching based on that.

This is coming from a person that has posted this so far on this game:

Post 6: OMGUS vote on Yaw.

Post 8: Commenting on the deaths of night 1.

Post 19: Comments on getting a lot of welcome votes, agrees with me on what I think the flavor of the opening deaths are. Unvotes Yaw, votes STD.

Post 50: Gets scummy vibes from STD, explains, confirms his vote.

Post 67: Gives key for smiley face alphabet, gives translation.

Post 86: Says he doesn't have time to analyze the thread, wants a lynch.

Post 141: Busy week at college, apologizes for not posting. Gives his notes on the thread, then unvotes STD and votes Yaw.

Post 147: Tells nonny not to roleclaim.

Post 170: Gives STD 24 hours to post before adding the lynching vote.

Post 185: Gives STD another lynching vote after unvoting Yaw.

Post 208: Tells nonny not to claim unless she has information (thus saying, "Don't claim unless you have a cop role"), then says that I should claim before lynching me or Esme, supposedly what C_D was saying.

Post 212: Quotes C_D, asks what he's missing, asks for specifics on what nonny claimed because he "can't find it".

So he's not posted much content, really, save posts 50 and 141. In post 208 he puts words in C_D's mouth and basically tells nonny to roleclaim if she's a cop, or another powerful role, then says that he "missed the previous information", basically asking her for more information.

Very
scummy to me. Vote stands.

*edited for quote tags upon request* -shelp
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #220 (isolation #37) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:51 pm

Post by Nai »

Your right, I just did a synopsis of his posts. I was showing that he hasn't been helping much at all, among other things. He's also mis-quoted C_D, making it sound like C_D wanted me to roleclaim before I was lynched (I don't think I had any votes on me at the time), AND he's been fishing for information from Nonny.

Why are you so convinced Shady is innocent? He hasn't done anything to help out the game, he hasn't made a roleclaim that could be satisfying at all, no cop so far has investigated him to clear him. The only thing he did that was good for the town was vote for STD AFTER STD was already dead (I admit, I did the same thing, but I wasn't online when it was time to lynch).

He switched to Yaw and kept voting for Yaw while attacking STD. That seems scummy to me. It's like he attached his vote to Yaw, then wanted no one to notice, so he attacked STD.

By the way, Esme, it's not uncommon at all for mafia members to vote for each other. Just because Shady voted for STD doesn't mean he's clean.

The fact that you're voting me for being against him seems strange. Got a reason?
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #222 (isolation #38) » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:29 am

Post by Nai »

Why don't you answer my question first? Why are you so convinced that Shady is innocent? You go so far as voting for me with no real reasoning behind it.

Something I find interesting: C_D posts that he finds me and Esme the most scummy people in the game. Suddenly, Shady speaks up, saying I should claim and then either me or Esme should be lynched. When I call him on this, vote for him, go over his posts saying why he's scummy, and confirm vote, Esme votes for me for voting Shady.

Let me re-iterate: Shady says that either Esme or me should die depending on my roleclaim. I vote Shady. Esme votes me.

Something wrong here? Or am I missing some all-important fact?

Is it any coincidence that these two are also unclaimed?
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #225 (isolation #39) » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:50 am

Post by Nai »

I don't know what you mean by "desperation", I voted for you before I had any votes on myself.

I don't know about anyone else, but the actions of Shady and esme seem almost orchestrated. They're both attacking me at the exact same time.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #228 (isolation #40) » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:17 pm

Post by Nai »

I don't know if Yaw is scum or not, my role has nothing to do with a cop. And it does make sense even if Yaw is scum. Let me explain.

Shady has so far not made a claim. No cop investigation (that I am aware of) has investiaged him. We have no idea what role he has, how it works, or even the organ. He's unknown.

If he was a claimed cop, then I can see him switching to vote for Yaw (who he probably investigated night 1) but arguing for STD who was very scummy.

However, seeing as he doesn't seem to be a cop (nonny says she/he investigated me and found me innocent), his information (if he has any) has tome come from somewhere else.

Now, back to why I find what he did scummy. First, he votes for STD. The argument starts to go on STD, and the guy seemed to be very scummy at the time. However, during a lull in the conversation, Shady votes for Yaw. That's fine as well, he gave a reason for it. However... Then, when the conversation starts again, he continues to bank against STD. Still not very scummy.

Here's the problem. He still votes for Yaw.

Why? Why leave a vote on a person if you are going to argue against another?

I can see two reasons.

1.) He was trying to leave a vote on Yaw without really being noticed. While this isn't a big scum thing (yes, I admit it), it's still scummy. He was also arguing that Yaw was scum. So it sounds like he's trying to set up a bandwagon for later. It might be that day, or it might be a way to leave a vote on Yaw a day or so later, but it still is strange to leave a vote when you arn't arguing against that person.

2.) He also seems to be trying to "fly under the radar", as players say it. He's not posted much content throughout most of the game, he's not done much of anything. Most of what he's done are small posts that amount to "I'm here" and nothing else.

And then here's his latest comment: "Your accusations smell of desperation to me."

Now, when I started to accuse him of being scummy, I had
votes on me. Why would I be desperate? All I had at that point was C_D saying that I was tied for the scummiest person in his book, and then Shady himself agreeing and adding his own opinion in.

Why would I be desperate? I was in no danger when I made my accusation post, and I'm still in no danger when he makes the second (yes, out of four, but still) vote on me.

Shady is the one that seems a bit desperate. He accuses me of being desperate when it is he that had two votes.

Esme, tell me if I didn't answer your question and I'll try again. I feel that I"m doing my best here.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #234 (isolation #41) » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:30 pm

Post by Nai »

Now, desperation comes in two forms. Scum form and townie form. I'm not sure which shady is showing, but he is very desperate. With three out of four, there's a good reason.

I'm innocent, so that means that Nonny is either innocent or crazy. Either way, Nonny says Yaw is scum. I don't know why Shady would bandwagon two of his own team-members, but such a ploy has succeeded before.

He also seems to be backing off me awful fast. True, he's doing it because nonny says I'm town. But as adamant as he was in attacking me, when he was giving what was close to craplogic, he just dropped it immediately.

It seems like he's trying to play to people's emotions, wanting to seem like he's doing what people want. He has three votes on him now, so he knows it's serious. So he tries to say "Oh, my mistake" now.

I like my vote where it is.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #236 (isolation #42) » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:37 pm

Post by Nai »

Yes, he was on top of it. He was one of the first to translate, and he was the person that put in the key to STD's posts.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #247 (isolation #43) » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:42 pm

Post by Nai »

Can someone explain to me what a lynch manipulator does? Just from the name, it sounds more scum than pro-town. I know the GM says it's a pro-town role, but it still just sounds scummy.

Anyways, we have everyone but me claimed, so I'll claim.

I'm the blood. I'm a doc. Night one I targetted esme, night two I targetted Nanook, and last night I targetted nonny. After seeing them both claim cop, and having no reason to dispute those claims, I tried to make sure they'd live. Seeing as C_D was a 'feel' cop, by what he said, I didn't think the scum would go for him. With Nonny claiming real cop, and getting a successful result on me, I thought I'd try her.

Esme's roleclaim seems feasable. Being the only non-claimed player (and me knowing I'm not the stomach) makes her claim pretty much true.

Nanook also pulls through, as he targetted Yaw and found that he left.

Nonny is the one that seems (right now) the most scummy. Yes, she got me as good. But if she was scum, that wouldn't be hard. She could have outed Yaw in a riskey maneuver to get herself in the clear. But Esme killing Yaw and claiming the final role undoes that.

I'm going to wait to hear from Nanook so I can think.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #253 (isolation #44) » Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:44 am

Post by Nai »

Unless I'm mistaken, it says "dried up". Doesn't say anything about blood. I'm not sure what could cause that. However, while looking over roles, I saw a distinct lack of "skin" as a body part. That's odd to me, as it seems a pretty vital part. Since blood vessels are in the skin, it's feasable that the skin could cut off blood.

Of course, I'm talking flavor. Flavor-wise, blood can't stop itself from going somewhere without a clot. I don't remember hearing about a clot, so I don't think it's blood.

Looking over the last two pages, I'm seeing scummy things. While they arn't that big, they're still interesting.

Nonny: Declares me and Nanook innocent, votes Esme.
Esme: Claims stomach, says Nonny and I look scummy.
Nonny: Defends herself, defends vote against Esme.
Esme: Makes a plan to show if I'm scum or not.
Nanook: Shows up, says he watched no one last night. Decides I'm scummy, FOS's me.
Esme: Has a revelation, abandons all previous thoughts and votes me.
Nonny: Unvotes, calls me scummy.

Esme and Nonny seem to be having a lot of trouble making up their minds, and they're going at it against each other quite thoroughly. As pointed out to me in a recent newbie game, anyone that does this (and subsequently drops it quickly) generally is scum. I'm thinking that Nonny is scum over anyone. She doubts her own results, after being so very adament about them only a few posts before. She gives up on her vote on Esme within a few posts, even after defending herself. Now she's suddenly feeling like I"m scum from two points.

Nonny, I've had as much access to the death scenes as you have. I've read them, I've seen the "dried up". Now, do you think an intelligent player would claim a role that fits those death scenes that well? That's like someone being poisoned and me claiming 'potioner'. It's just an unintelligent play. I'll point out that before Greenliquid died I dropped a single hint about my role. "I'll bet a (can't remember amount) of plasma that (something will happen)." I'm too lazy to check the actual quote, but that's the gist of it.

I'm going to
Vote: Nonny
. It's lynch-or-lose, and Nonny is swaying too far back and forth at this point.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #256 (isolation #45) » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:36 pm

Post by Nai »

Why would a mafia member make up a roleclaim that fits a death scene? Or, even if it was their role, say it at all? It casts unwanted suspicion, like what I'm getting now. With one (hopefully) mafia member left, that would be incredibly stupid.

I've never seen a game where scum can't target each other. There's also the fact that we don't know if scum can recruit or not. Nonny could be a recruiter for all I know. What I do know is that Nonny seems to be swaying in the past two game days, going with whatever people are doing. First she went after Esme, now she's going after me. Her decisions seem to be largely based, as well, on who accuses her of being scummy. Reeks of scum desperation to me.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #258 (isolation #46) » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:57 pm

Post by Nai »

You didn't answer my question.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #261 (isolation #47) » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:41 am

Post by Nai »

I don't like the no-lynch idea for one reason. We still have a mafia out there. I'd target Nanook, Nanook would live. One of us would die (my betting is on esme), and we would be at lynch-or-lose again. My doc powers would be useless, seing as I have to target Nanook and that gives the scum a free night to do whatever he or she pleases.

Alternatively, if my idea of Nonny being our last scum is true, and she is a recruiter, we WOULD lose overnight.

I've admitted that my role fits the deaths scenes. But look at the thread. I dropped at least one hint, waaaaay before C_D fingered me, about my role. And I dropped the hint AFTER one person was dried up. Do you think scum would risk something like that for no reason?
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #264 (isolation #48) » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:21 pm

Post by Nai »

See, now Nonny's doing it again. First she was ready to lynch me, just hadn't added her vote yet. But she was arguing as if ready to add the vote. However, she wasn't ready to add the vote for whatever reason. Now she wants another night?

Nonny, why so indecisive? You've gone from thinking Esme is scum, to thinking I'm scum, to wanting a no-lynch.

I wonder why.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #267 (isolation #49) » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:20 pm

Post by Nai »

Here's the problem with the no lynch deal. Nanook can see if I leave my 'house', not who I target. If I target Nanook and the scum targets ANYONE else, someone still dies. Since I left the house, I'm the prime suspect. I'm dead if I say no lynch, I'm dead if I don't. Either way, I'm lynched today or tomarrow and scum is still free tomarrow to have fun and end the game.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #271 (isolation #50) » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:33 pm

Post by Nai »

I'm not sure how much more I can argue my point, and repeating myself doesn't seem to help me much. So I'll just wait.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #275 (isolation #51) » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:27 pm

Post by Nai »

Look, if you guys are going to lynch me, then lynch me. I've given my arguments, and most of the votes have been spent. This is just taking a long, long time for something that should be over, one way or the other.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #289 (isolation #52) » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:08 pm

Post by Nai »

It was fun, but I think it took too long to end. The days just drew on and on and nothing happened. That final day should have had a deadline.

You know, if Yaw hadn't been killed, scum would have won :p

Yeah, it was unbalanced with that many cops. You need to tone it down next time.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #292 (isolation #53) » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:10 am

Post by Nai »

Well, for C_D, two of the scum are "not squishy". Once you find one scum, it'll not be hard to find the other.

A lassie and a sane cop as well, even if the first one isn't helpful. You gave them a hell of a lot Shelper, and we didn't get much. Mind, a lot of it was STD's fault for his stupid play day 1, but still...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”