Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #25 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:39 am

Post by Phoebus »

Any chance of choice deadline? Or "no choice" assigned to that particular person?

*yawns*

-P.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #34 (isolation #2) » Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:31 am

Post by Phoebus »

I'll second that.

Vote: Deadline 5th Nov

The 13th is just a
tad
too far away. :wink:

-P.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #37 (isolation #3) » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:25 am

Post by Phoebus »

Yikes!!
Apparently we missed something?

It's day now and three dead!!
No death scene...guess the mod's busy...

Random vote time?

-P.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #41 (isolation #4) » Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:40 am

Post by Phoebus »

Indeed,
One scum on night 1 is a good start.

Untrod,
I'd say Lockhart seems more like a vig than SK since he was pro town. So that could possibly hurt us in the long run and the one use doc? well, I hope it does not turn out to be critical that her role does not turn to be too critical later in the game...
We'll see I guess.

Random.org says:
Vote:vIQleS
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #48 (isolation #5) » Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:12 am

Post by Phoebus »

Untrod Tripod wrote:I think that either Ron or Lockhart killed melchizedek (spell that 'went wrong'. Could be an allusion to his broken wand?) And that the mafia killed Quailman. The mafia, in this game, would more than likely cause deaths like Quailman's than Mole's. The "mafia" in this game would be Death Eaters, who kill with the Avada Kedavra curse, not with a chair. Mole's death is a mystery to me.
I concur that maybe Lockhart got his night kill before he was bumped off. He was never too competent with any spells other than memory ones was he?
However, why would Ron have a night kill? Logically, he'd be a good guy and maybe a role blocker.
Hmm. This maybe he IS a role blocker but paranoid and does not knwo he kills instead as he has broken wand? Effectively, makes him a vig.

Just thinking out aloud.

And a chair? Sounds like something Peeves might be throwing around.

-P.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #59 (isolation #6) » Fri Nov 07, 2003 6:31 pm

Post by Phoebus »

Peeves never did try to kill anyone in the books but he was always "on-the-edge" annoying and throwing furniture about is definitely his style. Maybe for the purposes of this game, he has gone "over-the-edge"?

And DS...

It was the Mafioso, melchizedek, who was jelly-legged. Quailman was killed under "mysterious circumstances" which does point to Avada Kedavra and Death Eaters as has been mentioned. Somehow, I'm sceptical about the Basilisk being in this game though it's not quite improbable. Just a gut feeling...

-P.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #63 (isolation #7) » Sat Nov 08, 2003 7:57 pm

Post by Phoebus »

Well,
We seem to haev analysed pretty much all the clues available to us.
What next?

-P.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #68 (isolation #8) » Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:51 am

Post by Phoebus »

C'mon folks!
Let's get some more discussion going!

Unvote:vIQleS

Vote:modargo

Don't want to seem as if I'm picking on anyone but this thread is going nowhere fast!

-P.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #79 (isolation #9) » Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:11 pm

Post by Phoebus »

Dragon Slayer wrote:
FOS Phoebus
for starting a stupid POINTLESS bandwagon.

-DS
My first FOS!! :P Thanks DS!

stupid pointless bandwagon??! My points have been outlined in my voting post. This thread was going nowhere and still isn't going anywhere. Just random finger pointing. Though Kerplunk does raise the scumdar a bit...

I'm willing to change my vote if there are any leads.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #98 (isolation #10) » Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:46 am

Post by Phoebus »

Dragon Slayer wrote:Phoebus who also didn't have a reason stated
Please stop saying that! :roll:
Agreed you find my reason unappealing but it
has
been stated in my post. Starting discussion...
Even modargo himself acknowledged it to be legitimate.

As for the "badnwagon" I hadn't a clue that the third vote is considered as the start of one. I guess I shall be careful from here on in as to when I vote.

Still,
FOS:Kerplunk
for the fourth vote...maybe he really did not count the number of alve players...maybe he did...
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #100 (isolation #11) » Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:44 am

Post by Phoebus »

DS,

I see where our wavelengths are going at tangents.
Now the way you explain your view, yes! it does seem I was being pointless...

Well my reasoning was, with 2 votes, a third one might get modargo to talk. From what few games I've read here before, I knew no one would put lynching votes right away. ( And still FoS on Kerplunk for that...) And since I had no idea it was considered bandwagoning, I went ahead anyway.
Crap logic at its untainted best I suppose...

Apologies if I seem "over the top" against you... :)

My reasons were perfectly clear to me and seemed as if you just couldn't/wouldn't get them. Well, me not actually stating them explicitly did not help...

Ah well...
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #110 (isolation #12) » Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:03 am

Post by Phoebus »

Unvote:modargo

Well,
vIQles hasn't been around much except to last unvote modargo nearly four days ago.

I would like to hear more from Kerplunk but do we go ahead with him now with the deadline or trim out the lurkers?
Maybe Kerplunk can be investigated and verified tonight while we get rid of dead wood?

Thoughts?

Phoebus.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #119 (isolation #13) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:24 am

Post by Phoebus »

It is taking you rather a long time isn't it Kerplunk?

Why?
Fabricating one up? :roll:

-P
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #136 (isolation #14) » Sat Nov 22, 2003 2:24 am

Post by Phoebus »

Mmmm,
Losing a cop, of any kind, is not a good thing. :(

We have another accidental death. Could it be any relation to the misfired Jelly-Legs spell? Or is it that Snape happened to investigate Neville before he was killed. Aren't cops generally not given their investigation results if they are killed? What about night actions they might have...

Intriguing. Confusing...

Thoughts?

Phoebus.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #142 (isolation #15) » Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:47 am

Post by Phoebus »

Why such a hasty role claim UT?

If indeed Thoth is Dumbledore, (don't feel that "great leader" would apply to Voldmort personally.) this is just handing the Mafia information?
That info at this time, with probably just one Mafia member left and a good chance for the town to win, is rather unnecessary I feel and potentially destructive...
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #147 (isolation #16) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:16 am

Post by Phoebus »

Thoth,
Your plan sounds good. Let's just wait till Gaspode shows up. I'm holding my vote until he does and till we decide whether or not you should reveal moe info. I don't think that will be necessary just yet.

I'm also holding on to my role till Gaspode drops by. I'd rather not reveal it right away...

-Phoebus.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #161 (isolation #17) » Sat Nov 29, 2003 8:12 pm

Post by Phoebus »

Well,
With Gaspode's info I guess I can substantiate his claim too.
I did receive the Philosopher's Stone. [Btw, the pm mentioned it as Philosopher's and not Sorceror's. I guess it's the whole British/American edition thing?!] I don't know who it came from and I'm supposed to pass it off again to someone. It does grant a one night immunity.

I am Moaning Myrtle, an eavesdropper. I can decide to sit in the U-bend of a pipe in anyone's dorm or office at night. I will be able to hear snippets of conversation or what the occupant of the room might be saying to themselves. Once during the game I also have the option of leaving the castle's plumbing and going out into the lake to guard against night kill.

DS' claim sounds absurd to me as well. Supported by the fact that UT has claimed Hermione and vIQleS is known now to be Neville, I don't fancy it at all.

Vote:DS
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #179 (isolation #18) » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:29 pm

Post by Phoebus »

You want my results?
It brings up some interesting tit bits.

Night 1, I visited vIQleS as well. I heard him muttering something about herbology and potions homework.

Night 2 (and this is the interesting part) I targetted Gaspode but I got back a snippet of someone asking "Mr. Longbottom" as to why his shrinking potion had been the wrong colour. I'm inclined to believe at this moment that Gaspode is Harry but the "Mr. Longbottom" bit would indicate Snape talking (since he mentioned potions) or another teacher. Harry would never call Neville in such a formal manner. Therefore, I believe I was switched. Did any of you guys do that? Or were Gaspode (Harry) and possibly Electra (Snape) switched so that if one was targetted, it would actually affect the other?

As far as me being found innocent. Agreed I could be the Godfather but I'm not. While usually the Godfather would be found innocent by a cop, this game is about Harry Potter. The Godfather would logically be Voldemort. Now if Harry ever went and investigated Voldemort, I'm sure his scar would throw up a tantrum. Harry can usually feel Voldemort's rage or presence from miles away. If he actually went and visited/met/targetted him, I'm sure Harry would know!

-Phoebus
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #198 (isolation #19) » Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:31 pm

Post by Phoebus »

The only reason I did not post my results with the role claim was because I did not think it was necesasry to do so right away.
I was still puzzling over how Gaspode knew about Snape being Electra if Electra were Snape and Harry being a Gryfindor, would have been killed had they had any contact amongst themselves. Once I figured that it was cuz Electra was dead...I posted my results right away including the part of me targetting Gaspode.

If I were Voldemort and him Harry, I'm sure *something* would have happened to either of us. Again, apparently I was switched but when Electra investigated me on N1, as Snape, she would have felt her dark mark burn as well. Though he does work under Dumbledore, all of his latest actions in the books indicate that Snape is in some contact with Voldemort, as a spy of some sort apparently. A spy for whom? We don't know. I re iterate that this is Harry Potter. The game mechanics must reflect the book in some ways...certainly. So, since Snape got an innocent result, you have to believe that I'm innocent.
Voldemort can't be an ordinary sort of GF. And I would believe Snape would qualify as a role detecting cop.

As for my vote now, I'm gonna
Vote:Untrod Tripod

For the last page and a half, he has been FoSing this person and voting for that one. Now he jumps on quickly to vote for me. As far as I can see, they are tactics of a nervous scum, who has lost his two partners too early in the game and that too very cheaply, who wants someone dead and lynched so night may approach quickly and he may be that one victim closer to winning the game, as well as have time to regroup and think a new strategy.

-Phoebus
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #202 (isolation #20) » Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:35 am

Post by Phoebus »

Well played town!

Guess I have to practice pulling the wool over people's eyes to more effect :P

Maybe I'll make an exception to the not asking for a title oneself and ask for : Not
always
scum! :P
Sheesh, my first two minis and scum (GF to boot) in both. Hope that dos not stick. :lol:

Who switched me? Neville randomised stuff. Did that mean he switched my target to Electra last night?

Well played again!

~Phoebus~
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #204 (isolation #21) » Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:53 am

Post by Phoebus »

Don't worry about it Kerplunk. It's no big deal. It's a game.
I'm sure there will be other opportunities for us to scheme together some time.

Maybe your punishment can be to play in ALL of the games I might moderate in the future? So I'll atleast have one player? :P

j/k.

~Phoebus~

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”