Mini 210: Secret Ballot Mafia- The Ballotbox is Closed!

ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #189 (isolation #0) » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:55 am

Post by ibaesha »

Hello everyone. It seems I'm replacing someone (not to be confused with Someone) who turns out to be somewhat suspicious to a couple of you, and to be honest, I understand why. I read the thread last night before receiving my role PM and wasn't entirely sure that I would be the one replacing, so kept an open mind throughout my reading. Cam, you might not be able to articulate why, but I might be able to. What I saw was that Lubabah lurked (whether he was away or not doesn't really matter) and when he returned all he did was reiterate other people's suspicions in different words and overall, he didn't really contribute much of anything. Now, having received my role, I know that Lubabah simply didn't put much effort into this game, but was on the town's side and therefore, so am I. :)

Unlike Lubabah, I found Chococid completely scummy in my readthrough, to the point, in fact, that I was thinking "Scummy, scummy scummy!" while reading through his numerous Day 1 posts. I cannot dismiss that while discussing strategies (which I'm admittedly not the best at) he attempted to turn away from any strategies that included vocalizing votes in order to work together. He explained this away with 'It's not in the spirit of the game.' If these type of strategies weren't in spirit of the game, I'm quite positive that the mod would've said it's not allowed, or put in ways to stop it from happening, but he didn't. I agreed as well with Astronaut's reaction to Choco's post containing the theories on mass claiming, no lynching, and whatnot. I had the same reaction. Yes, Choco might've just been discussing things, and not 'trying' to get any of these strategies adopted, but something about it really screamed scum to me. Also, I found his 'vote now' yesterday entirely premature and thought it came out of nowhere. Overeager? Maybe. Scummy? Definately, at least to me. Obviously raj's vote now was premature as well and he turned out to be innocent, but that really doesn't clear Chococid, does it?

KE seems weird, yes. Does he seem scummy to me? Not really. Perhaps this is because I think that his behavior is just his playstyle (this is kinda how he is in chat). The primary thing I found suspicious was when he admittedly refused to go with the vote of the town, which wasn't a very pro-town thing to do considering the nature of this particular game. As it turns out though, a townie was lynched, and my number one suspicion is the same as KE's. HMMMM!

My only other suspicion was minor, but it was with Pariah, who has been replaced. I found it a bit suspect that he brought up the SK thing with really no reasoning behind it. He's now been replaced by Speedy, who doesn't seem too suspicious to me at this point, although I disagree with his strategy of going to a vote now once choose counts have reached a majority. I'm not too good at math, but I think to ensure that it's truly the town voting for a lynch, yesterday's strategy was much better. A majority can contain however many scum and I just don't trust it.

On the subject of WIFOM. Blatant WIFOM such as "If I was scum why would I do (enter whatever here)." is obviously scummy, but asking questions and theorizing things that could contain a bit of WIFOM isn't. In my opinion, there's no way one can play mafia without running into some WIFOM here and there.

(Oh and KE, I'm a big fan of parenthesis too!)
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #190 (isolation #1) » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:56 am

Post by ibaesha »

(Double post snipped by request -- Jere)
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #219 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:23 pm

Post by ibaesha »

I'm here, Inhim. I just don't know what to think really. I thought Choco was scummy. His claim could be possible, obviously, or it could be crap. I'm not sure if KE is saying he doesn't have a choice because he is strange or if he's saying he doesn't have a choice due to role. He's already said he won't claim, so we're not going to find that answer out from him unless he dies.

The usefullness or not of Choco's role, if it is in truth, his role, I don't see as dependent on whether we keep who we're voting for as secret. If we buy it and don't lynch him, I think the best bet is that he keep secret who he is going to investigate and we see what he tells us the next day.

mathcam seems weird to me. I don't know why though.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #248 (isolation #3) » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:32 am

Post by ibaesha »

My suspicions of Choco were lessening until his last two posts. My 'lurking' was because of that and attempting to figure out who else might be scum. I'm ready to vote Choco at this point.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #260 (isolation #4) » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:07 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Fine, don't wave at me, Thok. :lol: And are you going to go around speaking my thoughts before I have a chance to say them in this game too? I need to do a reread of the game, but right now both mathcam and Speedy are sticking out to me. Speedy, based on Choco's 'investigation', KE's observation of that, and also the proposal he put forward at the beginning of yesterday, which I found somewhat suspect. mathcam ... primarily his defense of Choco day 1, and then whatever it is that's not sitting right with me, and no, it's not because he likes math. (Although that's nearly reason enough!)
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #266 (isolation #5) » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:30 am

Post by ibaesha »

After a reread of the thread, Speedy remains at the top of my list for reasons mentioned already. In addition, his last post where he turns around and points a finger at Astronaut bugs me. It looks like scum trying to dig up something on someone else to detract attention away from themselves. With Astronaut drawing a lot of suspicion on day 1, he's a good target for it, I'd guess.*shrug* While Astronaut was on a lot of day 1 lists, when I did my initial read I didn't find him scummy. I still don't.

I have some other suspicions, but with the lack of activity since day began, I'm going to leave it at that. I'd like to hear what other people have to say.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #276 (isolation #6) » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:30 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Alright. Speedy is still at the top of my suspicions, with mathcam and Thok second. Thok not so much for what he's said today, in fact, I am less suspicious due to today. The thing is, STD seems pretty scummy reading back on day 1. I don't remember exactly what it was now. It was something I picked up on the readthrough I mentioned in my last post. If I need to elaborate more, I'll go back and read it again. (knew I should've written some notes)
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #280 (isolation #7) » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:54 am

Post by ibaesha »

I'd like to hear more than two lines out of Inhim as well.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #286 (isolation #8) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:02 am

Post by ibaesha »

I've been thinking about this some more, but I just can't ignore this feeling that mathcam is scum. I'm a little less sure about Speedy now than I was before. I'm also losing track of where everyone's suspicions are at. I'm going to do what was done one day 1 here and ask everyone to do the same. We can add it up and go from there for a vote. My suspicions have shifted enough that I'm believing other's might have too. Either way at this point I'd say that mathcam's previous statement that Speedy is first on the most people's list was barely true there were suspicions of himself as well. (Okay I'm tired so I apologize for the rambling train of thought here)

1. mathcam
2. Speedy
3. Thok
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #297 (isolation #9) » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:55 am

Post by ibaesha »

I already spoke my preference, but that sounds good to me.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #302 (isolation #10) » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:26 am

Post by ibaesha »

Before we're ready to vote now, I think that we should get a claim out of the top suspicion as Speedy mentioned before. Inhim's vote now worries me somewhat as well and I'd also like to hear from Someone.

I suddenly have this concern though that it is possible that both mathcam and Speedy are innocent and the scum are sitting back and not saying much while those two are put on the hotseat. Even so, I still find mathcam the most suspicious of the lot of you.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #306 (isolation #11) » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:41 am

Post by ibaesha »

Hello?
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #315 (isolation #12) » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:18 pm

Post by ibaesha »

mathcam's claim doesn't really change any of my previous suspicions of him, that's why I haven't said anything about it.

Yes, Someone needs to be replaced and hopefully in time for the deadline.

Inhim, that's weird that you'd put me on your list for the behavior of someone who spent less time in the game than I have. By now you should be able to draw conclusions based on what I've said and done.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #316 (isolation #13) » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:46 pm

Post by ibaesha »

So... I suppose no one has anything to say now? Just vote for mathcam when the deadline comes up? I'm not liking this silence. It bothers me a lot.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #319 (isolation #14) » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:14 pm

Post by ibaesha »

At the risk of stirring up a hornet's nest (Although something -must- be stirred) I'm going to change my choice for who I'd like to vote for. If this were a game where we were voting, unvoting and suspicions were able to be tangibly moved around, I would be changing my vote, therefore, that's what I'm going to do here. The quietness bothers me. And the last few posts from Inhim bother me as well. I don't think I'm the only person who was suspicious of him so when it comes to deadline, I think I'd rather vote for him.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #321 (isolation #15) » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:12 am

Post by ibaesha »

Maybe we can get an extra day since he said he'd be back on Tuesday. Something. This whole sitting passively by and not saying anything doesn't sit right, not at all.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #323 (isolation #16) » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:41 am

Post by ibaesha »

I expected that it'd look that way, but I don't rightly care at this point. Something isn't right when we're looking at a deadline for over a week and no one is saying anything. Someone is only 1 out of 7 people. I'm all for a deadline extension if people would like to talk about what we're going to do. While I find mathcam suspicious, I'm not okay with the apathy involved. Why is there that kind of apathy? It's creepy.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #324 (isolation #17) » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:58 am

Post by ibaesha »

Sorry for the double post. Meh, I realized that I thought both of my games were deadlined for Tuesday and this one is today. I should've spoke up sooner. If we hit deadline I will go ahead and vote for mathcam since that was what was already discussed. Note that I'm still troubled by the blatant lack of participation and discussion.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #333 (isolation #18) » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:38 pm

Post by ibaesha »

I really don't know what to think after how yesterday went. I've managed to second-guess myself all over the place and now we're down to 5 people and quite possibly a lynch or lose situation. Inhim has my gut suspicion right now, primarily based on the end of yesterday. A cop coming out would be great, even if it's to clear innocent(s). I'm not opposed to everyone claiming at this point either.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #343 (isolation #19) » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:06 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Should the 'confirmed innocent' believe the claimed cop? No one is counter-claiming so as Speedy already said we either have a cop or we don't. I just find post 339 to be kinda weird. Anyways, if I believe the claim, which I'm inclined to, more because I didn't find Someone suspicious than anything else, then that leaves one or two of Thok, Inhim, and Speedy to be scum. Going into yesterday and for quite a while I found Speedy suspicious. However, I also found mathcam suspicious. mathcam didn't believe Speedy was scum, however was trying to save himself, which is understandable. He also had high suspicions of Inhim, which I came to have myself towards the end of yesterday.

As creepy as the end of yesterday was, I'm also finding it creepy how fast it's going towards a Speedy lynch today. Think about this, Tyfo.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #348 (isolation #20) » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:22 pm

Post by ibaesha »

mathcam wrote:Well, Speedy does seem to be at or near the top of just about everyone's list. Though I'd like to do some kind of count of this before making any "official" statement, the number of people suspicious of Speedy is almost making me think he's pro-town.

mathcam wrote:The town has decided it's going to be either me or Speedy. I know I'm innocent, so I have no choice but to push the Speedy bandwagon, regardless of whether or not I think he's pro-town. I attempted to push a bandwagon on someone who I think actually is scum, but when that failed, I have to fall back to a plan that has a chance of succeeding.
mathcam wrote:I'd be ready to vote inHim if that bandwagon had/has any support.

Thok wrote:If somebody would explain why inhim is suspicious, I'd considered going along with it. I literally just reread to thread focusing on inhim, and all that did was make me find mathcam more suspicious for consistently pushing inhim as likely scum.

I'm not okay with voting for Speedy today. We know that mathcam was innocent and that he believed Speedy was pro-town. Taking into consideration that mathcam is a far better player than I am, I'm willing to trust his instincts. The connection between Thok and Inhim is a bit much and if there are two scum, I think they are it. I find Inhim the most suspicious of the two so that's where I'd like to place my vote today unless we come to a consensus to make it Thok.

Thok's willingness to lynch himself is pretty damn scummy.
Inhim saying he'll just flip a coin is also damn scummy.

I'd say that this confidence they're showing was bolstered by the fact that Tyfo was so ready to vote for Speedy today and they think they've got this in the bag.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #350 (isolation #21) » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:46 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Alright, I'm attempting to think through the different scenarios here.

1. Inhim is the vig and we follow his plan for a town win.

2. Inhim is scum with one or the other and this is a risky gambit, hoping we lynch the one that isn't scum. We lynch right, then come night, there's only one kill and we lynch Inhim tomorrow for lying. We lynch wrong, and Inhim simply kills one of us, game over and a scum win.

3. Inhim is an SK. I find this the least likely of all, but if it were true, Inhim would win if we followed his plan. I just find it difficult to believe that an SK wouldn't kill and we've never had more than one death and we've lacked any form of doc protection the last couple of nights. None of the dead have come up as a roleblocker and no one has offered that they roleblocked Inhim as evidence one way or the other. (I wouldn't believe it now if someone did, so don't bother trying)

I said that I didn't want to vote for Speedy today and I'm holding to that. If we're going to buy Inhim's claim, that leaves Thok. Therefore I'm ready to lynch Thok and see what happens. I'll wait to 'vote now' until everyone else has had their say.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #356 (isolation #22) » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:56 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Thok wrote:Ibaesha, I'm scummy because I'm willing to consider the possibility of being lynched? That's the strangest comment I've heard all day; it's not like I actively pushed myself as a lynching candidate, I just listed it as an option. It makes me wonder if there's a chance you could be a godfather with cop protection. (Also, an ordinary 3 scum group doesn't seem strong enough against a town with a claimed cop, a claimed vig and two docs.)
Yes. When there's five people left, and only one scum dead, if you're town, lynching yourself isn't an option, and overly risky and scummy.

I'm not scum, but I think you are so I doubt you're wondering much if I'm a godfather.

Anyways, let's see where this goes.
vote now
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #361 (isolation #23) » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:57 am

Post by ibaesha »

SpeedyKQ wrote:Hell with it. I quit. I give up. I'm mafia.

vote now
Then I'm sure Inhim will enjoy killing you after we lynch your scum buddy, Thok.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #369 (isolation #24) » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:11 pm

Post by ibaesha »

I think I did really badly this game. My only saving grace was Tyfo having an innocent result on me and believing Inhim at the end, so thanks to both of you.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”