Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #42 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:01 am

Post by Thoth »

Wow, interesting night. And a very good one for us in my opinion. One Mafia dead is great and the obligatory vig is a very dangerous role for the town. Eventhough he was on the towns side I'm happy not to have him around anymore as one wrong decision after a wrong lynch would already bring us close to defeat.
We seem to have 3 killing parties as there were 3 dead. Eventhough one of them was on the town side its still a lot. Probably either a 2 or 3 player mafia + SK + vig.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #80 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:39 pm

Post by Thoth »

Both Phoebus and especially Kerplunk get a small mark in my scum index. I don't think its enough for a vote just yet as I can understand the bandwagon vote when nothing is happening on day 1.

For now I prefer to go after a lurker.
vote:vIQleS
because the following is his complete contribution to the game so far.
vIQleS wrote:Random
vote: Modargo
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #87 (isolation #3) » Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:23 pm

Post by Thoth »

I think the unwritten understanding is that the 3rd vote makes it a bandwagon. The first 2 are just votes. At least thats the way it feels to me.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #91 (isolation #4) » Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:51 am

Post by Thoth »

unvote:vIQleS

This was funny:
vIQleS wrote:New as i was typing:
Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:03 am
Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:18 am

You must be the slowest typist or have the worst connection I've ever seen. :wink:

No idea at the moment what to do now.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #95 (isolation #5) » Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:38 pm

Post by Thoth »

It does not seem like we're getting anywhere further at the moment. For the moment I will go with the only one that did something really suspicious so far and only put up a weak defense for that.
vote: Kerplunk
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #101 (isolation #6) » Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:51 am

Post by Thoth »

I think you are nitpicking a bit here DS. When I first read that post I read it as
Phoebus wrote:Lets get some discussion going. Therefore
unvote vIQleS, vote modargo
I understand that you can also view it as 3 separate statements, but I believe Phoebus telling that was not the case. I do think he's overreacting a bit though, but as he's eager to play and there's not much to react to I can understand that as well.

/mails banknumber to Phoebus
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #112 (isolation #7) » Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:10 am

Post by Thoth »

Someone, I'd suggest a new and even better vote count :wink: that registers DS's unvote of vIQleS.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #118 (isolation #8) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:13 am

Post by Thoth »

I'm also ok with a roleclaim. Otherwise we'll just get a deadline lynch. And when you're claiming can you also explain this:
Kerplunk wrote:I'm preparing to do a roleclaim
Why do you need preparation when you're claiming your own role?
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #146 (isolation #9) » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:06 pm

Post by Thoth »

I think its time for me to also come out with my role, especially since its already out in the open anyhow. I'm indeed Professor Dumbledore. I'll also tell my special ability as I think it will bring us close to a win. Once during the game I can target a player at night. If that player is scum he'll be converted to good.
I used this ability last night, but did not get a message whether this was succesful. Assuming my ability works (and I would expect Dumbledore's ability to work) this person is now sure to be innocent. If he was scum previously its best for him to come out as it has a significant impact on our decision today. If not he probably doesn't even know he was targeted and I think in that case it would be better to wait until later in the day before I tell who it is. This also makes UT very likely to be innocent for me (I did not target him BTW) as I already find Hermione as a kind of information role believable. Having correct information makes it even more so.

Back to the game. I think we have 1 Mafia and a SK left. Again a clumsy one and one without a trace. This looks like the same killers that killed Night 1.
As we now have 3 semi-confirmed players there's not a lot of possibilities left. If I did not find scum I think we have 2 scum out of 3 players left.

I have more to say about the other players, but as this reveals my night target and I'm not yet sure whether I should do that I'll wait for some input from others first.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #153 (isolation #10) » Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:27 pm

Post by Thoth »

It looks like we're all waiting for Gaspode here. Could you maybe prod him Someone? As he's going to present 'gamebreaking info' its difficult to just ignore him.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #155 (isolation #11) » Fri Nov 28, 2003 12:13 pm

Post by Thoth »

Aaaaargh
*kicks the dirty dog*
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #162 (isolation #12) » Sun Nov 30, 2003 2:40 am

Post by Thoth »

I targeted Gaspode last night.
It really starts looking like DS and Phoebus are the last 2 scum. One the SK and one the remaining Mafia member. They both claim very minor roles when all other roles are major characters in the series. My guess would be DS the remaining Mafia and Phoebus a SK.
I'm willing to lynch either one at the moment, probably DS as he's got more votes than others. I'll wait until tomorrow to cast my vote though both to give everyone a chance to say something and because I'm a bit short on time right now (and have several games to post in) and want to read through the thread one more time to make sure we're not missing something
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #172 (isolation #13) » Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:05 am

Post by Thoth »

Aaargh, the game looked so clear until modargo pointed out that inconsistency in UT's posts. I would like to hear what UT has to say about that. I'm still buying his claim for now as he was the first one to claim a big role and I still find it likely that the main characters are in the game. I don't think it would unbalance the game too much as the original setup looked a bit harsh on the town to me. 3Mafia, 1 SK and 1 obligatory Vigilante. Eventhough the last one is pro-town his results are not necessarily pro-town. Next to that with so many killing roles it's a bit unlikely that all main characters survive until day, but not impossible as we've seen.

I would also like to know from Phoebus whether he actually heard something during his eavesdropping.

For now I'm going to
vote:DS
. His claim just seems too unlikely to me.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #182 (isolation #14) » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:43 pm

Post by Thoth »

Could we get a vote count?

I'm ok with lynching either DS or Phoebus. I think they're both scum and the order in which we kill them does not really matter a lot to me.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #185 (isolation #15) » Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:19 pm

Post by Thoth »

My role is strong certainly maybe even too strong, but its not ridiculously overpowered. Its basically a strong vigilante.
One shot
only, but I don't kill my target.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #188 (isolation #16) » Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:31 am

Post by Thoth »

Thoth wrote:I targeted Gaspode last night.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #192 (isolation #17) » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:45 am

Post by Thoth »

UT, Modargo told us he's doing just that:
Modargo wrote:Third, I'm using my power to kill you. So sorry if you aren't scum, but you sure seem like it. And if you aren't dead by the next time the Mod logs on... then it would seem that you have some protection against kills that you weren't telling us about.
Only problem is that Someone has not been online since then. It seems like the mod needs to be prodded somehow. He has also not posted on the last two pages, not even a vote count.

I think it's best that we at least wait with lynching anyone until the mod gets back online.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #199 (isolation #18) » Sat Dec 06, 2003 2:55 am

Post by Thoth »

vote:Phoebus

I assume that makes it a lynch as we've got only 5 players left now and 3 votes on Phoebus.
In the unlikely event that Phoubus is the not the last scum we've still got another chance next day.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #209 (isolation #19) » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:59 am

Post by Thoth »

Thanks for the game someone. I'm now 5 out of 5 in games where I'm town :D . Even won the 2 that I was killed night one :mrgreen:

Wow, we must have set a record. A town win on day 2 :D .
I do agree with DS that this theme is probably better suited for a large game. I do not think this game was really unbalanced, but more that the roles caused it to be rather random. A potential 4 kills per night (5 if you count modargo's one shot) is too many for a mini. I do feel that all roles should have some kind of ability to reflect the magical nature of the game, but most roles should be toned down a bit. Especially my role was a bit too strong as succesfully targeting a Mafia early would mean outing all Mafia members. Next to that the confirmed innocent is a large bonus.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”