Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (isolation #0) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:38 am

Post by Rena »

Destructor wanted you guys to have this...
destructor wrote:Hello, Max has allowed me to send you one message about what I did today. I think my reads are decent, but ignoring this could also be just as or more useful. You can choose.

I was going to post today, but saw that Qoui had been hammered and didn't because of Rule 2.

Here's what I
would
have said in my last post before going V/LA.
In response to Exilon's 236, I voted Exilon because he was high on my scum list and I wanted to make some ground on my Exilon/Reck-tenuous-meta-experience suspicion. I wasn't getting much of a response by simply posting about it, so I thought a vote might produce more telling reactions. The only player who visibly reacted to the vote besides Exilon was Magma. I didn't reply to Exilon immediately because the vote hadn't provoked much... and thought an unexplained vote might be more provocative.

By the end of the day, I was actually starting to lean town on Reck for no reason I can put a finger on besides "vibes", and still considering Magma as possible scum, which is why Magma's reaction to Reck's theory thing "irked" me. I wasn't trying to avoid committing to a position with that statement, as Magma suggested in 237 - it actually made me stop and think. Magma says he was "questioning Reck on why he attacked NoPoint’s assertion from a theoretical position as opposed to an actual in-game position" but I read it more like an accusation:
Magma, [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2393433#p2393433]Post 141[/url] wrote:Um how do you know that Shadow is town, and thus your position on his wagon is null?
I thought it was obvious that Reck was rebutting nop's argument based on its reasoning, which made it irrelevant in an in-game context. It seems a stretch to say Reck was implying that Shadow was town.

Magma's 237 could also easily read like a chainsaw defence of Exilon.

I cannot understand why brian would hammer. From his L-1 comment, I assume he knew he was hammering too.

I am about out of time now.
I'd be looking at Magma, Exilon, brian and DP as scum tomorrow, for reasons I've explained here and in the thread. Oh, DP because of uselessness and following my vote on Exilon.
Thief could be followed up on his comments on the SD wagon... and generally followed up in general. I do like that he responded when questioned directly.
Still a little irked by SD's comment about brian (here), but otherwise SD-town makes more sense to me.
Dunno what to think about nop.
Reck's probably town unless he's being sneaky.
mole seems very town.

Good luck!
I'm going to completely ignore his reads however, and post something good up when I actually have time.
V/LA at the weekend, except for modding duties.
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (isolation #1) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:52 pm

Post by Rena »

We're lynching Lowell today.

Vote: Lowell

Reasons:
1) Brian's attack on him reads more like distancing than anything.
2) ISO 4 is a whole lot of noise that doesn't really justify the Magna vote at all.
3) ISO 8 reads like scum trying to make Reck doubt his read on me...
4) The "lurking is obnoxious in this game" comment is hypocritical.
5) The Lowell/brian votes seemed like a quickhammer to me.
6) Lowell is impossible to read as scum or town, so if we're going to lynch him, we really should do it now.
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (isolation #2) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by Rena »

Good. Now vote.
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (isolation #3) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:42 am

Post by Rena »

Lowell...

That's an absolutely horrible defense. Try harder.
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (isolation #4) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:11 am

Post by Rena »

Lowell wrote:I'll give a proper defense when one is needed.
In other words, run him up to L-1 and he actually might start doing something.

Lowell, you think david, reck, and thief seemed like opportunists. Explain (as in, give specific examples).
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (isolation #5) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:56 am

Post by Rena »

Exilon wrote:IF we run him up to L1 we'll probably have another scumquicklynch unless he's actualy scum.
...This is too WIFOM, let's just avoid that risk.
Then he better defend himself before he gets to that point, eh?

And what's too WIFOM?
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (isolation #6) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by Rena »

Bandwagons on scum with strong early momentum are usually easy because the remaining scum don't have the balls to screw themselves by opposing the wagon and defending their buddy.

Not a single vote for anyone other than Lowell, even from Lowell himself, shows that we're on the right track.
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (isolation #7) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:42 pm

Post by Rena »

If you actually vote your suspects instead of encourage other people to form wagons on them, then yeah, you might make yourself a bit less of an obvscum.
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (isolation #8) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:57 am

Post by Rena »

People for the wagon and not afraid to show it: (Rena, Thief, Reck)
People for the wagon vocally, but not physically: (DavidParker, Magna)
People against the wagon: (Lowell, molestargazer, Exilon)
Lurkers afraid to take a position: (Shadow Dancer)
Everyone else: (Korashk)
Call this WIFOM if you wish, but there's no way a scum wagon happens in lynch or lose with this much agreement among players.
I missed this before.

Lowell, it's not LyLo right now. It's not really true MyLo either. So why would you suggest otherwise?
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (isolation #9) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:34 am

Post by Rena »

Magna, I didn't notice his V/LA. And I replaced destructor, not nopoint.
Lowell wrote:ATM I'm being accused of being scum BECAUSE scum voted me. So if anything scum have every reason to continue to string up townies without fear.
That's one of the reasons you're being accused of, but not all of them. Why do you feel the need to strawman the case against you? Can you not defend against it without misrepresenting it?
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #10) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:50 am

Post by Rena »

Ex, where's your vote at?
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (isolation #11) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by Rena »

Exilon wrote:This day should not end so fast.
David is scum, btw. <.<

Then why aren't you voting him?
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (isolation #12) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:12 pm

Post by Rena »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:My quick prediction -

Now that people have started jumping of scum-Lowell's wagon alternate one will form on an easy target who turns out to be Town.

Anyone who isn't scum - keep a close eye on how votes flow from this post forward.
QFT

And doesn't anyone find it off that Lowell has reached L-2 TWICE and yet has escaped from the noose both times?
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (isolation #13) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:08 am

Post by Rena »

You can't be on a wagon if you're not voting. Also, if you've "scumhunted enough" and have already "nailed the scumteam", then why are you delaying the Lowell lynch? You've already found all the scum, so you should just be focused on lynching them, right?

And if you're just waiting for SD, then why aren't you giving him anything to come back to? No questioning, no new case, no nothing. In fact, the last post you made responding to Shadow Dancer was pretty much all nitpicky stuff...
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (isolation #14) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:28 am

Post by Rena »

molestargazer wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
molestar wrote:Not particularly, no. I've not paid that much attention, but it seemed just like typical lowell, which isn't lynchworthy.
So scummy play is his norm which makes him not lynchworthy. Got it. :roll:
Precisely! I'm glad you understand.
His play being generally 'scummy' (in your opinion) doesn't influence his chance of being scum in this game.
...which means that it will be difficult to determine Lowell's alignment from his play alone, and thus we should look to his interactions with people. An example would be of known scum voting him early, then unvoting for no clear reason when the Lowell wagon got big. You're pretending as if Lowell having a scummy meta makes him immune from lynching.

Ex, fair enough. But I will say that I don't see how that point would make SD seem any more town/scum, regardless of what his response to it is. It just seems to me that you're stalling your scumbuddy's lynch to try to get a counterwagon on someone else...
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (isolation #15) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:10 pm

Post by Rena »

Lowell wrote:So, basically, you jumped on the case founded on me voting someone to L-1, and in the process declare how awesome it is to put someone at L-1.
Where's your catchup post, Lowell? This isn't it, right?
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (isolation #16) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:43 am

Post by Rena »

Meaning that deadline is the 14th?

Lowell, I'll respond to you in a minute.

David, I don't think that I'm seeing the Lowell-Magna connection.
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (isolation #17) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:56 am

Post by Rena »

Lowell, your reads haven't changed at all. Except now, a wild Exilon has appeared on your suspect list. Why is this?
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (isolation #18) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:07 am

Post by Rena »

Wicked, the deadline is in two days.

I don't see any reason at all to post my thoughts on anyone BUT Lowell at this point because all it will do is tell the scumteam what members I've pegged, and what members I have yet to discover. I have no interest in starting any other bandwagons because I want to lynch Lowell, nor do I have any interest in telling scum if they're doing a good job or not.
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (isolation #19) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:47 am

Post by Rena »

Also, Mod? I'm pretty sure Lowell is voting for DP.
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (isolation #20) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:57 am

Post by Rena »

Those who are not voting right now, should be voting.

Those who are voting David should either start pushing his wagon, or give it up and just bus.

Those who are Exilon just need to get replaced.
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (isolation #21) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:01 pm

Post by Rena »

Picking up prod, but there's not a whole lot to say.

Lowell's at L-1 again... Somebody better pull through this time...
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (isolation #22) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:11 am

Post by Rena »

Deadline is tomorrow, guys...

We need this hammer...
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (isolation #23) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:20 am

Post by Rena »

My town reads so far are David, Thief, and Wicked.

I'm pretty sure there's scum in Mole + Shadow Dancer.

I had an early town read on Reck, but I'm less sure about that now.

I'll get an opinion on Ani later.

Meanwhile, I'll start working on ISOs of my two sucm reads.
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (isolation #24) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:02 am

Post by Rena »

Let's see...

Mole's first post actually gives me a slight townie vibe; it's more of a townie mindset to not care who you're replacing and instead just want to jump straight into the game.

Mole's attacks on nopoint and SD are weak. It seems to me that he's just trying to derail the Lowell wagon... Bad ideas =/= scum.

Wait, when you dislike something, what does that mean? What's the point of bringing it up? You say you don't like nopoint and Shadow Dancer's aggression, then proceed to be extremely aggressive in your follow-up posts... That's hypocritical, don't you think?

Then, he votes Quoi for being hypocritical, and not posting reasons. The hypocritical part of the vote makes me cringe a little, but Quoi looked damn scummy to me anyways and I doubt that scum would try to pull off a three-person scum quickhammer, so I guess mole picks up some townie points here.

Mole's attacked nopoint quite a lot, but still no vote. Not scummy at this point, but I'm pointing it out because I'm guessing it might come into play later.

Comes to Lowell's rescue, yet again. Says he's going to go through the wagon properly soon. Timestamp: Monday, August 2. Promises made: Analyze the Lowell Bandwagon properly for opportunistic scum. Promises kept: None.

Odd piggyback attack off Reck's comment.

His attack on Thief is extremely half-hearted. He votes Thief for not following up on a question, which is more a pressure vote than anything. Then, in a follow-up attack, he states that the burden of proof is on Thief to provide meta of different-playing Town-Lowell and Scum-Lowell. Then, he later provides similar-style Lowell meta in response to Magna, but doesn't follow up on his attack on Thief...?

Decides that he wants to move on, makes a promise to look into brianj's connections with Lowell. Timestamp: Monday, August 9. Promises made: Look through the Lowell bandwagon properly, look into brianj-Lowell connections. Promises kept: none.

Drops case on Thief and goes to DavidParker. Still doesn't follow up on his attack on Thief though.

Ooh, I like this quote:
molestargazer wrote:His posts are terrible, and for the most part, completely contentless. He has provided no reason for his _____ vote, and is just jumping on the bandwagon for the sake of it - he hasn't given decent reasons for any of his other votes either. Chances are he's just scum riding this one out.
If you take the specific vote out, you don't know who the hell he's talking about. Usually the sign of a weak case.

And when it becomes clear that Lowell is going to be lynched, mole suddenly has last-minute doubts. Seems like last-minute distancing to me.

"Votes on me are to be expected."
I don't like that quote. It's mostly gut, but I definitely don't like it. I'll figure out why when I have a little more time.

"I think those going for my lynch could very well be opportunistic scum."
Who? Do you think that everyone voting SD right now are town?

Running out of time, but mole looks pretty scummy in the end... I'll drop a
Vote: molestargazer
for now, with a promise to give a summary and actual analysis tomorrow. I also might look into SD, but I doubt I'll have that much free time...
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (isolation #25) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:13 am

Post by Rena »

Responding to Wicked's case and mole's defense. Wicked first.

First of all, overjustification? I've never heard of that scumtell before. It's always better to give too much reasoning than too little. Of course, unless you're trying to say that he's reaching. If that was the case, then you had better rip apart his logic as opposed to saying "he gave too much justification".
Wicked wrote:The bolded is the part I have a problem with. He states that no-lynching could be beneficial yet decides here that lynching somebody is the way to go all in the same post.
This is a bit of a misrep. He said a real lynch THREAT, as in... forming a wagon. He didn't actually suggest that we lynch somone.
Wicked wrote:Another bad suggestion from Shadow Dancer.
Um... what? Do explain how wagoning suspicious players then deciding whether to lynch them or not based on their responses is not how 90% of mafia games function.
Wicked wrote:4. Switches over to the Lowell bandwagon. A very very very bad vote. First of all, its an opportunistic vote. Second of all, the Lowell bandwagon was the alternative to the Shadow Dancer bandwagon, so it makes sense for Shadow Dancer to switch over as scum if he was interested in his survival.
Opportunistic vote... on scum?
If SD was an alternative wagon to Lowell, who is scum... Don't you think that his wagon was SCUM DRIVEN? And that scum wouldn't be stupid enough to drive a wagon on one of their fellow scum?

Labelling your last points 1,2,3,4,5.
1) How is adding a lot of justification to votes scummy?
2) Explained.
3) This can be said of a lot of people.
4) His important votes, the ones that significantly pushed a lynch, or those that significantly took away from one, were just fine in my book. He voted to lynch a generally scummy townie, he didn't try to hold up the Lowell bandwagon the first time it was formed, and he hammered scum.
5) Fair enough.
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (isolation #26) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:33 am

Post by Rena »

Now mole.
molestargazer wrote:Seriously? It doesn't mean it's any less valid.
But if it applies to the majority of the people playing the game, it's probably wrong.
starseeingrodent wrote: How so?
You were pretty sure Lowell was town all of yesterday, saying that his wagon was going to fast, etc. And then, you suddenly decided that you wouldn't mind hammering with the rest of the town's approval. Certainly I don't need links in this situation...
thegroundhogastronomer wrote:Well, they are. I can see why people are voting me, because I look scummy for the whole Lowell thing. Does that really make me scum?
That was an extremely insignificant part of my case.
Like I said, it was something that twanged my gut. I'll probably come back to it later.
molestargazer wrote:No, because DP is.
I do, however, think it's a much better wagon than mine. For obvious reasons.
Is it a wagon you're going to join? Do you not think that there's any chance of another wagon forming today?
molestargazer wrote:I dread to think what an analysis is going to bring.
Good. Fear makes you sweat, and I like my scum just a little salty as they're being roasted over an open fire :D.

[quote="tunnelingrodentwithastronomicalaspirations"I can't see how I've been "extremely aggressive". Examples?[/quote]

I consider sarcasm to be aggresion. You aren't denying you've employed that particular literary device, right?
starmolegazer wrote:I highly doubt anyone jumped off the Lowell wagon because of my comments. I can't remember, but, really? His rescue?
You actively opposed his wagon while actively supporting his alternate wagon, giving your scumbuddies time to shuffle off his wagon.
Yes. His rescue.
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (isolation #27) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:53 am

Post by Rena »

molestargazer wrote: I doubt it applies to a majority. But, whatever.
If it didn't apply to a majority, then it was pretty damn close. And regardless, you can't really expect your case to get a whole lot of traction if it applies to even a third of the game...
molestargazer wrote:I definitely can't deny being a sarcastic bastard at times.
I don't consider sarcasm to be 'extreme' aggression though.
Nah, sarcasm doesn't antagonize the person it's being used against by ridiculing someone for missing the obvious, and that's certainly not one of the only ways to employ extreme aggression over the internet without being modkilled.
molestargazer wrote:So, who are my scumbuddies that got off the wagon as a result of my actions?
I'll get back to you on that, actually.
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (isolation #28) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:25 am

Post by Rena »

Wickedestjr wrote:Rena, why are you responding to my case against Shadow Dancer? First of all, that's a case for Shadow Dancer to respond to. Second of all, you said you suspected Shadow Dancer. Thirdly, you said you thought I was town. I'll respond to your post, but I don't understand the town motivation.
When we lynch townies, the scum kill one of their own. Meaning that if one of mole/Shadow Dancer is scum and the other is town and we hit the town one, then they'll just kill the scum one, and we have to do this all over again. So, if I see parts of your case that I don't agree with, I'm going to attack them, regardless of whether I agree with your target or not.

I'll explain the read thing tomorrow. Nothing I can do about gut or process of elimination, though. I'll take a crack at your destructor case. Mind linking me since I already haev a whole lot on my to-do list?
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (isolation #29) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by Rena »

I'm still here, I swear!

Mole is still scum, though.
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (isolation #30) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:02 am

Post by Rena »

Thief, I AM voting mole. At least, I should be...
Wicked wrote: Why did you have to defend the case before Shadow Dancer?
Because I saw points in your case against him that I didn't like, and I didn't think to wait before responding to them.
Wicked wrote: Most of the case againts Rena is regarding destructor's behavior + gut + POE, however I'm also not liking how she didn't give any reads other than her read on Lowell day 2. She said this was because she didn't want to let scum know how well she was doing, but then gave us all her reads at the beginning of day 3.
I didn't want scum to know how well I was doing because I didn't want to be NK'ed. If the rest of my scumlist is as accurate as I think it is, then I guarantee scum would've NK'ed me. It also took way a bit of information from scum as to who they should form a bandwagon on early today; they don't know my scum reads and town reads, so they don't know whose I will happily vote, and they don't know whose lynch I will fight to the death to defend.
Wickedestjr wrote:Post 43: Destructor had to know why Exilon was town in post 39, yet doesn't want to say why he thinks SD is town in this post. That seems kind of strange.
He stated in the post before that one that he was going to bed. I'm guessing he was tired, didn't feel like posting game-relevant information, but didn't want to ignore brian.
Wickedestjr wrote:That is really weak reasoning.
Not a whole lot of town reads developed on Page 2 have strong reasoning.
Wickedestjr wrote:It is mostly a gut read but I don't like Destructor's strong defense of SD regardless of SD's allignment.
This needs to be explained more before I can defend against it.
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (isolation #31) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:05 am

Post by Rena »

Shadow Dancer wrote: I'd like to hear other people's opinion on wicked, btw.
Wicked is town with a scumdar that's a bit off this game.
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (isolation #32) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:10 am

Post by Rena »

@Wicked: I don't plan on lynching either of them today.

Ani's earned a scum read from me, and if his next post doesn't resemble something slightly protown, I'm going to tunnel the hell out of him.

The analysis of mole is still coming, I promise. Sorry for the delay.
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (isolation #33) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:22 am

Post by Rena »

Wicked wrote:If you didn't want scum to know how well you were doing, then why did you give all your reads as soon as day 3 started?
I didn't want them to know how well I was doing because I didn't want to be NK'ed the first day I replaced in... I gave my reads as soon as day 3 started because you mentioned to me that you wanted them, and I didn't mind giving you my reads if they helped you...
Wicked wrote:Well, Destructor said the evidence made Shadow Dancer "likely town". And what is the point of giving weak town reads anyway?
People announce weak town reads early game all the time. It's like announcing weak scum reads in the beginning of the RVS to get the game going... it's not effective at all to say that "I have a slight scum read on X for so and so and a really small town read on Y..."; if you don't act if there's weight behind your words, there's no point at all in saying them.
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (isolation #34) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:47 am

Post by Rena »

molestargazer wrote: His posts are terrible, and for the most part, completely contentless. He has provided no reason for his Lowell vote, and is just jumping on the bandwagon for the sake of it - he hasn't given decent reasons for any of his other votes either. Chances are he's just scum riding this one out.
molestargazer wrote: Throughout this game, he has contributed basically NO scumhunting at all. Check his ISO, and read through it - it's not helpful to anyone and he just jumps on wagons and rides them out until a lynch.
These cases are eerily similar... Hell, I challenge the next person to guess which case is for which person without looking back at the game.

...you can't do it, can you? Thought so.
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (isolation #35) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:52 am

Post by Rena »

molestargazer wrote: I suppose Lowell's my scumbuddy as well, right?
This post gave me a bad vibe, couldn't explain why. Now that Lowell's flipped scum, this post seems to be trying to discount the connection with sarcasm, as if it was ULTRA OBVIOUS that him and Lowell were not scum together.

molestargazer wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:Molestargazer, it looks like it is between you and SD for who get's lynched. If you are townie that doesn't want to get lynched, you should vote Shadow Dancer and help us lynch him.
What?
Trust me, I don't want to die as much as the next guy, but I'm nowhere near a lynch right now. I'll stick with my current target until something better presents itself, or it REALLY is between me and SD.
This also makes me uneasy. You're just sticking with a wagon that really isn't getting a whole lot of support. You aren't really trying to advance it in any way. Are you just waiting for SD to get to L-1 so you can quickhammer him?
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (isolation #36) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:59 am

Post by Rena »

Rena wrote:
molestargazer wrote:So, who are my scumbuddies that got off the wagon as a result of my actions?
After rereading, I've discovered that that isn't the question we're looking for. We're looking for your scumbuddies that got ON the Quoi wagon. In that case, I'm guessing your buddies are Ani-Mafuyu, who might not've joined the wagon as a result of your actions, but your actions certainly gave them the opportunity to.

Mafuyu... how's that read going?
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (isolation #37) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:35 am

Post by Rena »

Don't call him that, he doesn't like it.

And he WILL make an angry post in this thread about it.
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (isolation #38) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:49 am

Post by Rena »

molestargazer wrote: If I wanted SD dead, I'd vote for him.
Or you could stay off his counterwagon for a little bit of town cred, hammer him when he gets to L-1, and have your scumbuddies betray you during the night.
molestargazer wrote:It doesn't make them any less valid. A person doesn't need to MEGA STAND OUT as being scum for them to be scum. They don't need to have one scummy action which everyone can remember and say "Oh yeah, that's X" for them to be scum. Sometimes it's the small things.
But you have to have something that makes a person stand out for being scum or you aren't going to convince anyone. The main reason why townies make cases is because you're trying to convince everyone else why to vote your suspect X over their suspect Y. If you're not accomplishing that point, then why would you post cases at all?
molestargazer wrote:How CAN I advance the Thief wagon?
Show us why he's special. Show us why he's the BEST lynch we can make today, as opposed to a you lynch, an SD lynch, or a DP lynch.
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (isolation #39) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:25 am

Post by Rena »

Shadow Dancer wrote: Whom else do you think is scum/we could lynch?
Ani and Mafuyu are great lynches. Ani has been entirely useless, and Mafuyu still is tainted with Reck's scumminess.
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (isolation #40) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:07 am

Post by Rena »

Crap.
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (isolation #41) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:42 am

Post by Rena »

I didn't vote because I thought there was still the chance of Mafuyu voting for mole...
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (isolation #42) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:45 am

Post by Rena »

What doesn't make sense? Me not voting because I thought I could convince you to push my preferred lynch through, or you voting mole?
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (isolation #43) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:50 am

Post by Rena »

Mafuyu wrote:
Rena wrote:
Rena wrote:
After rereading, I've discovered that that isn't the question we're looking for. We're looking for your scumbuddies that got ON the Quoi wagon. In that case, I'm guessing your buddies are Ani-Mafuyu, who might not've joined the wagon as a result of your actions, but your actions certainly gave them the opportunity to.

Mafuyu... how's that read going?
Not bad. A molestar vote's becoming enticing.
Well, there's this.
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (isolation #44) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:50 am

Post by Rena »

^Love the heart, kid. Your mind's in the wrong place, though.

Come out, mole... Face the music you KNEW was coming...

Vote: molestargazer
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (isolation #45) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:51 am

Post by Rena »

Oh, and Mafuyu? I expect you to be caught up by now. The days of your scum coasting have ended.
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (isolation #46) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:09 am

Post by Rena »

Hmph. How am I not surprised at all...? You wagon someone who you've never even mentioned AT ALL, and you only decide to defend yourself with your weak ass WIFOM. Why would scum kill you, mole? You avoided the lynch even after hardcore defending your scumbuddy D2, and you managed to swindle a couple people into having a town read on you. Ani was lurkish, scummy, and once SD flipped town, obvscum.
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (isolation #47) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:11 am

Post by Rena »

Mole wrote:I wonder whether you're really town or not. But I'm not going to be able to convince anyone.
I'd love to see you try, though.
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (isolation #48) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:13 am

Post by Rena »

molestargazer wrote:
DavidParker wrote:SD and Thief to goooooooo
It worries me that DP is targeting Thief as well. Maybe my read (if you can call it that) is off.
Prod received!

Wicked is probably town. Although my position on this probably doesn't count for much considering I'm regarded as scum by a lot of players.
What happened to this?
molestargazer wrote:
Rena wrote:Nah, sarcasm doesn't antagonize the person it's being used against by ridiculing someone for missing the obvious, and that's certainly not one of the only ways to employ extreme aggression over the internet without being modkilled.
I still don't class sarcasm as "extreme". Just my opinion.

As much as I hate to (seeing as its the main alternative to
me
) I find myself disagreeing with the SD wagon, despite his aggression and his attacks on me.

I wonder if we could all agree to lynch Thief and all be happy. This is a good post apart from naming me as having interactions between DP & Thief, then not mentioning me at all in the rest of the post.

He has a history of jumping onto wagons with little to no explanation.
1. Quoi - OMGUSsy.
2. Lowell - "I prefer DP"
3. Me - No explanation at all.
Thief wrote:My thoughts on SD are as follows:
-He's posted a lot.
-He makes big walls of text that I don't have the energy to read
-He was wagonned real early real fast and is probably town
Essentially useless.

Throughout this game, he has contributed basically NO scumhunting at all. Check his ISO, and read through it - it's not helpful to anyone and he just jumps on wagons and rides them out until a lynch.

Vote: Thief
Or this...?
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (isolation #49) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:44 am

Post by Rena »

Rena wrote:Oh, and Mafuyu? I expect you to be caught up by now. The days of your scum coasting have ended.
Mafuyu, did you miss this? If not, then why are you intentionally ignoring it?
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (isolation #50) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by Rena »

What I was expecting:
"I'm working on it, I'm on page x."
"I decided not to read the game."
"I'm done, my thoughts are coming soon."

Was that completely unreasonable?
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (isolation #51) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Post by Rena »

Unvote, Vote: Wicked
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (isolation #52) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:57 pm

Post by Rena »

This setup is difficult for town to play because it punishes mindless bandwagoning, which is why I think I like it so much :D

One thing I would change is the deadline lengths, though. I think it would balance things out a lot if town had more time to argue things.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”