ATHF Mafia OVER(roles and whatnot revealed)

VibeBox
VibeBox
Townie
VibeBox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (isolation #0) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:26 am

Post by VibeBox »

VOTE: Podium

Glad this game didn't linger in RVS.
"There is no royal road to science, and only those who do not dread the fatiguing climb of its steep paths have a chance of gaining its luminous summits"
-Karl Heinrich Marx
VibeBox
VibeBox
Townie
VibeBox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (isolation #1) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:53 am

Post by VibeBox »

podium123456 wrote:*yawns*
*grins*

RE: Games
I need to go back and do a proper count, but I'd guess around 20. (Not counting ScumChat games)

@implosion:
If I just told you, what would
your
job be in all this?
"There is no royal road to science, and only those who do not dread the fatiguing climb of its steep paths have a chance of gaining its luminous summits"
-Karl Heinrich Marx
VibeBox
VibeBox
Townie
VibeBox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (isolation #2) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:32 pm

Post by VibeBox »

implosion wrote: what now? what? What?
K. Noted.
-Karl Heinrich Marx
VibeBox
VibeBox
Townie
VibeBox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (isolation #3) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:34 am

Post by VibeBox »

Seacore wrote: In other news I like to actively discourage not answering questions and voting without strong explanation, so

UNVOTE: MagnaofIllusion
VOTE: VibeBox
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Vibebox wrote:@implosion: If I just told you, what would your job be in all this?
Hey look, either a veiled attempt at in-thread communication to a partner of some sort or a reaction test. Either way it’s worth further investigation.

VOTE: Vibebox
Zinive wrote:Poor sad shake :(

I agree with with Seacores voting without giving a good reason should not be done think. So Vibe please explain your vote a little more in detail.
You guys are cute.
In other news, I like to actively discourage laziness, so...no.

Seacore wrote:@MoI,

Sorry, by no claims I meant, lets not discuss the merits of mass claims. The standard L-1 with a willing hammerer claim is fine by me and should happen as usual. And it should involve both name and role.
Uhm, can anyone confirm "Basically already lynched" as the "standard" time for claim here on MS? I mostly play on MTGS, where the standard is L-2 so scum can't just self hammer to end the Day.
podium123456 wrote:wait... let me pull a fate
Fate wrote: I have other games I replaced into that take precedent.
OMG guys, he just told us he's going to be lurking... and... SCUM LURK.

HOLY GOD!! Wagons! Big WAGONS! NAO!

derpaderpa derp.

edit: ninjad
Try not to shitpost.
podium123456 wrote:
Fate wrote: HERAPDERPA IM GONNA MOCK FATE INSTEAD OF TRYING TO GET A READ ON HIS ALIGNMENT BECAUSE IM SCUM
*facepalm*

If i'm scum then why do i need to try and get a read on your alignment, dumbass?

HOO BOY... we in for a good one here folks.
u r a fail.

Ghost is AOKAIE by my.
Vas and Zinive are not.
-Karl Heinrich Marx
VibeBox
VibeBox
Townie
VibeBox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (isolation #4) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:24 am

Post by VibeBox »

VasudeVa wrote:Vibebox #65 is an IIoA-y shitpost.
IIoA?
VasudeVa wrote:VibeBox, Why am I 'not a fail'
VibeBox wrote: Ghost is AOKAIE by my.
Vas
and Zinive are not.
-Karl Heinrich Marx
VibeBox
VibeBox
Townie
VibeBox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (isolation #5) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:39 am

Post by VibeBox »

This is my only game right now. POST MOAR PEOPLE!
-Karl Heinrich Marx
VibeBox
VibeBox
Townie
VibeBox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (isolation #6) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:56 am

Post by VibeBox »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Vibebox wrote:Uhm, can anyone confirm "Basically already lynched" as the "standard" time for claim here on MS? I mostly play on MTGS, where the standard is L-2 so scum can't just self hammer to end the Day.
Claiming as Seacore indicated is the standard here at MS. Really the only purpose of the claim is a last ditch effort to not lynch an important Town PR and nothing else.
Allowing an unclaimed player to reach L-1 seems awful. It allows for quicklynching and self-hammering.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Vibebox wrote:u r a fail.

Ghost is AOKAIE by my.
Vas and Zinive are not.
Didn’t you just chastise Podium for shit-posting? Because my 6 year old daughter can build a post more clear and understandable than this.
I'm sorry that a little intrawebs lingo is enough to confuse you.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:Does being ‘a fail’ actually equate to being scum or is it just for rhetoric?
He completely failed to understand Fate's point. Are you really saying you couldn't tell that's what I was referencing?

Also,
Ghost =good
Vas & Zinive = not
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Vibebox wrote:This is my only game right now. POST MOAR PEOPLE!
Spamming the thread just to
[get others to ]
qualifies as either scum-hunting or being useful.
Fix'd.

@Fate:
Careful of VI traps.
-Karl Heinrich Marx
VibeBox
VibeBox
Townie
VibeBox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (isolation #7) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:30 am

Post by VibeBox »

It means exactly what it says.

I, too, enjoy posting disjoint sentences.
-Karl Heinrich Marx
VibeBox
VibeBox
Townie
VibeBox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (isolation #8) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:59 am

Post by VibeBox »

VasudeVa wrote:stale shit openly available in thread
What, precisely, in my post you were referring to meets this criteria?
VasudeVa wrote:What does AOKAIE even mean?
A-OK
OK
Good.
Not Awful.
(sheesh)
VasudeVa wrote:Why am I 'not a fail' when I had very few posts in game?
Let's try this one last time.
VibeBox wrote: Ghost is AOKAIE by my.
Vas
and Zinive are not.
Also, calling yourself on not posting content will not get you the desired TowniePoints from me.
Seacore wrote:These are both useful temptations for the town to use on scum.
While I strongly disagree that opening up lines of play for Scum in this way is "useful", it's not game relevant so I'll take it to the Theory thread.
-Karl Heinrich Marx
VibeBox
VibeBox
Townie
VibeBox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (isolation #9) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:50 am

Post by VibeBox »

VibeBox wrote: What,
precisely
, in my post you were referring to meets this criteria?
-Karl Heinrich Marx
VibeBox
VibeBox
Townie
VibeBox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (isolation #10) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:01 am

Post by VibeBox »

Hey, Vas! Let's go over my "shitpost", shall we?
VibeBox wrote: You guys are cute.
In other news, I like to actively discourage laziness, so...no.
Here I dismiss the wagon on me as lazy and contentless, and outright refuse to answer a question.
And yet I haven't been piled on for it!

Probably because I am right.
This was useful to the game.
The above is also the retroactive answer to:
VasudeVa wrote: VibeBox, opinions on the wagon on you.
So, my post was shit because it was "all basically available in thread", yet you felt the need to ask a question I answered
in that same "shitpost".

VibeBox wrote:
podium123456 wrote:wait... let me pull a fate
Fate wrote: I have other games I replaced into that take precedent.
OMG guys, he just told us he's going to be lurking... and... SCUM LURK.

HOLY GOD!! Wagons! Big WAGONS! NAO!

derpaderpa derp.

edit: ninjad
Try not to shitpost.
podium123456 wrote:
Fate wrote: HERAPDERPA IM GONNA MOCK FATE INSTEAD OF TRYING TO GET A READ ON HIS ALIGNMENT BECAUSE IM SCUM
*facepalm*

If i'm scum then why do i need to try and get a read on your alignment, dumbass?

HOO BOY... we in for a good one here folks.
u r a fail.
This was an
enormous
failure to understand a simple argument from his opponent. There was no reason for me not to comment on it, and it puts me on the record in another issue.
VibeBox wrote:Ghost is AOKAIE by my.
Vas and Zinive are not.
This is me providing my current reads, including two players as yet unmentioned (one of them being you, and you admit that I was right to say so because of your contentless post)
So...
VasudeVa wrote:
VibeBox wrote: What,
precisely
, in my post you were referring to meets this criteria?
VasudeVa wrote:Your
whole
#65.
Why don't you tell us why these comments are...
VasudeVa wrote:stale shit openly available in thread
VasudeVa wrote: Soo, because I misunderstood your fancy-shmancy hip version of 'Okay', thinking that you were calling me and Zinive not fail when you had little reason to say so, I'm automatically calling for brownie points?
If you couldn't understand what I was saying why did you assume it was a negative comment, thus making my remark about you and Zi positive ones?
VasudeVa wrote:Because podium is a 'fail', what's your read on him? Do you think he's Town-fail or scum-fail?
It was actually "Null-Fail" before, but I wanted to push a wagon to keep us from relapsing into RVSishness. Now, idk, but he is definitely still some kind of fail.
Unvote
until I reread the thread.
podium123456 wrote:
@ Vibebox - i didnt see anything wrong with his vote.
I don't know who you're referring to here, or why you are addressing it to me.

Nachomamma8 wrote:Vibe, is Ghost still A OK with you?
For now, he is still ok, but losing points for not posting.

I didn't see the following post until Fate quoted it. (It was the last on a page)
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Vibebox wrote:Allowing an unclaimed player to reach L-1 seems awful. It allows for quicklynching and self-hammering.
And both the options you mention here have consequences. If you don’t like the site meta calling it awful isn’t going to do much good.
Consequences Scum only suffer if they make the decision that it is positive EV for them to do so, but w/e, this isn't the place for the discussion. If you don't agree with my opinion, making a pointless post about it isn't going to do much good.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Vibebox wrote:I'm sorry that a little intrawebs lingo is enough to confuse you.
It has nothing to do with confusing me. Nice try Tex.
Yes it does.
Also, Smear.
MagnaofIllusion wrote: It has everything to do with consistency in your opinion and posting.
Please point out a specific inconsistency in my opinion.
MagnaofIllusion wrote: You call someone out for crap posting and then post what is basically crap yourself. That borders on Cognitive Dissonance.
It would...if I had shitposted. You can answer the same rebuttal I gave Vas above if you want to continue to assert that I shitposted.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Vibebox wrote:He completely failed to understand Fate's point. Are you really saying you couldn't tell that's what I was referencing?
It’s clear he failed to get the reference.
Correction: It was clear he was
acting as though
he didn't get the reference.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:If your statement doesn’t indicate he is scum for doing so why did you post it? If it does indicate he is scum why didn't you just call him scummy as opposed to being cute?
You say "cute" (to make me look bad), I say "acting with some degree of subtlety".
I was going somewhere with that line of questioning, but your chainsawing has spoiled it.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Vibebox wrote:Vas & Zinive = not
I looked at your ISO. Your only mention of Zini is to call him one of the ‘funny’ guys and you only interacted with VV at ISO 4. So unless you are going purely on ‘gut’ here some support would be great.
It is quite early in the game, and at this point "gut" is half of it. Given the low number of posts by each of them at that point, you really couldn't deduce the reasons I didn't like either of them? (oh gee, I didn't directly call you scummy, oh noooo000! Now answer.)
-Karl Heinrich Marx
VibeBox
VibeBox
Townie
VibeBox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #319 (isolation #11) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:25 am

Post by VibeBox »

Wow. That's a metric fuckton of posts to catch up on. @_@
-Karl Heinrich Marx
VibeBox
VibeBox
Townie
VibeBox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #373 (isolation #12) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:24 am

Post by VibeBox »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Vibebox wrote:Wow. That's a metric fuckton of posts to catch up on. @_@
Prod-avoiding active-lurking non-content Post Go!!!!
There's nothing more annoying than someone who thinks they have an awesome read, and clearly don't. Preperations for a new job have taken up almost all my time since my last post, with my only free time being occupied keeping up with this thread. This has left me no time for analysis.
tl;dr : stfu

I'll be free Wed or Thur so expect content by then, along with a decision on whether I need to replace out.
-Karl Heinrich Marx
VibeBox
VibeBox
Townie
VibeBox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #395 (isolation #13) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:44 am

Post by VibeBox »

MagnaofIllusion wrote: So these preparations for a new job sprung up between Wednesday the 17th when you wrote “POST MOAR” and Thursday the 18th when you posted your last actual content post?
Actually, yes, asshat. I just randomly landed a sweet job and had to act on it quick.
Also, fuck you and die.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:TL;DR – No, I don’t think so. Why don’t you just hang and save us the trouble of replacing your scummy self?
Man, u r a Mafia
pro
!
-Karl Heinrich Marx
VibeBox
VibeBox
Townie
VibeBox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #416 (isolation #14) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:41 am

Post by VibeBox »

Ok, I reread the thread this morning. There is still some recent stuff I need to read in greater detail, but I am mostly caught up.
I'd like to begin by issuing a mild apology to those annoyed by my posts so far. I came into this game intending to experiment with a playstyle that was curt, rude, low on words, but not lacking content. I believe I succeeded for the few posts for which I employed it, but unfortunately it just wasn't necessary this game since RVS vanished immediately (I expected heat on my posts to be a firestarter), and due to unforeseen events I simply didn't have the time to follow through. This game has become dense and complex very quickly, and to properly engage with it I am going to have to revert to my default posting style. I don't regret my previous posts though, as they had the intended effects of drawing fire while being defensible, and possibly peaking scum interest in a mislynch. We'll see.

Anyway, on to comments directed at me.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Vibebox wrote:Here I dismiss the wagon on me as lazy and contentless, and outright refuse to answer a question. And yet I haven't been piled on for it!
You do understand that this is agreeing with the assertion that you were shitposting, right?
You plainly ignored the part where I already explained why this
wasn't
shitposting. I will not not be addressing that topic any more.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Vibebox wrote:This is me providing my current reads, including two players as yet unmentioned (one of them being you, and you admit that I was right to say so because of your contentless post)
So you provide a Town read on a player that Fate already christened Town and then vague suspicion that looks like you just threw darts at the Wall to find your targets. There’s a song about that …
MagnaofIllusion wrote:You say ‘Useful to the game’, I say “more shitposting’.
I don't really have anything to say about the issue of the "clarity" of my reasoning until post-game.
I mainly just wanted to quote you chastising me for providing reads.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Vibebox wrote:It was actually "Null-Fail" before, but I wanted to push a wagon to keep us from relapsing into RVSishness. Now, idk, but he is definitely still some kind of fail.
So once again you were just pointing out something that wasn’t a scum or Town tell just because you thought we’d ‘relapse’ into RVS? Not buying that at all. RVS was dead and gone.
I come from a very RVS friendly Meta, and I passionately hate RVS. I even adopted a new playstyle partially to help end it quicker.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Vibebox wrote:Yes it does.
Also, Smear.
Lulz. You are accusing me of the dreaded Smear when your original statement amounted to ‘DERP YOU IZ A MORON WHO CAN’T THINKZ’.
This was complete nonsense.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Vibebox wrote:Please point out a specific inconsistency in my opinion.
You know, the whole ‘Don’t shitpost’ while doing it yourself. As already addressed above and when I first called you on it. Need it repeated a third time?
You are asserting that I am being contradictory based on not sharing your opinion.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Vibebox wrote:You say "cute" (to make me look bad), I say "acting with some degree of subtlety".
I was going somewhere with that line of questioning, but your chainsawing has spoiled it.
Actually I specifically used cute because you yourself used it in your opening shitpost dismissal of accusations against you. Were you 'trying to make others look bad' yourself? For someone so steeped in the art of subtlety you sure missed that.
Fun Fact: Words can mean different things in different contexts! :teach:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:Ah, the Chainsaw accusation. Nice.
Ah, the lack of rebuttal. Nice.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Vibebox wrote:It is quite early in the game, and at this point "gut" is half of it. Given the low number of posts by each of them at that point, you really couldn't deduce the reasons I didn't like either of them? (oh gee, I didn't directly call you scummy, oh noooo000! Now answer.)
Here’s a hint – Mafia is a game of information exchange. Town getting their opinions and suspicions out in the open helps solidfy Town reads and nail scum. Your insistence that others guess your reasoning sucks.
We'll discuss that in post game, but I obv disagree.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:I think my vote can stay right here for the moment. Because like Podium you’ve spent your time basically explaining away suspicion as opposed to looking for scum.
And unlike Podium, I've only had a handful of posts.
podium123456 wrote:
@ Vibebox
- In post 65 you said zinive was bad... you later clarified (in 118) that it was due to 'gut' and because there were low numbers of posts. The only thing zinive had posted, was a post making a valid point.
Yes, a valid point. A lazy, lazy, opportunistic, but totally valid point.

podium123456 wrote:there were many others who hadn't given
any
substance (or even any posts). tell me why you had a bad gut feeling about zinive making a valid comment, when most others hadn't done that much.
Other people not posting has no bearing on what I think of him. He only took the time to post when he saw an easy chance to look good. (Except he even fucked that up by demanding answers without voting to back it up)
GhostWriter wrote: Iso 2: so far as I can see, this post has absolutely no purpose. Furthermore, it attempts to make it look like Implosion has done something wrong here.
He did do something wrong. He failed to understand a simple point.
Aside from that though, the main purpose of this post was to get under his skin and see how he reacted to it.
GhostWriter wrote:Iso 3: Again, refuses to explain the vote, chalking it up to him liking to discourage laziness. The fuck? This shit is scummy or stupid. No one here can read minds. Making assumptions often leads to people being wrong. Assuming the wrongs things lead to accusations and reads based on faulty info. It drags the town down. Furthermore, you're really just asking to be allowed to jump on a wagon without having to explain yourself.
I never asked anyone to make assumptions. This was partially a playstyle decision, and partly actual frustration from myself over the laziness of the votes. No goal seemed evident from them except "plz spill your guts so I don't have to think".
GhostWriter wrote:And then we go to Iso 5, where you ask for more posting because this is your only game. Well, hell, then perhaps you'd like to start posting the reasoning behind your reads? Nah, of course not.
Not sure where this snark came from. You struck me as a better player than this up until now. Would you really like to argue that I wasn't right to point out that several people were barely posting?
GhostWriter wrote:Iso 6: I don't think it's the "lingo", so much as it is the, again, lack of any reasoning behind your reads.
I think you're right here. I may have misunderstood him a bit, and been overzealous in using my new persona.
GhostWriter wrote:Also, there is a lack of mentioning Podium in your reads list.
I never said that was a full reads list, it was just what I was thinking at the time.
GhostWriter wrote:And no matter how much you alter a quoted post to say what you want, it isn't true just because you say so.
I posted my opinion in the form of an altered post. What exactly are you even getting at here?
GhostWriter wrote:What are your postings so far? A vote with no given reason, which looks very opportunistic. Repeated refusual to provide reasoning for said vote. Complaint towards others for making crappy posts
I'm fine with all this so far.
GhostWriter wrote:whilst your own lack any determinable depth.
Disagree.
GhostWriter wrote: Reads without stating reasons.
So? Shouldn't you be happy to have reads when half the players weren't even posting?
GhostWriter wrote:Iso 10: Now, this is supposedly all the things we were supposed to automatically infer from iso 3.
You are wrong to assume that I expected people to get all of that out of it. Also, I still disagree that it would be inference at all. Fate certainly seemed to "get" enough of my posts to be comfortable with me at the time.
GhostWriter wrote:We don't need quotes that are posted with one-liners that glean us no insight into your train of thought. If we get that, then people may begin to feel that you're hiding things from them.
Everyone here is hiding something. I cannot help that not being 100% transparent is considered scummy by some (stupid) people.
Seacore wrote:For the meantime i'll shift my vote
unvote. vote Vibe
I'd like some contribution there please.
This was right after I clearly said "I am busy and will be posting on Wed/Thur".
This is the kind of shit that makes me feel bad feelings abour Seacore.

There have been a couple mentions of Podium and I not commenting on each other. I can't really speak for Podium, but I didn't simply because I wasn't around. It's as simple as that, but for the record, while I was rereading I felt that Fate's #70 and #153 were
exact
representations of my feelings at the time.
As for now, I still feel he is very scummy. The only reason I am not voting him now is because I would feel like dog shit getting on a wagon that spurtered out with Seacore and implosion being the straglers. That's almost an argument for TownPodium. :neutral:

I will also leave a reads list.
Town
Fate
Nachomamma8
GhostWriter
Zdenek

Scum
VasudeVa
Seacore
podium123456

???
The Butterfly
MagnaofIllusion
implosion

Since Fate is by far my strongest Town read, and implosion is on my ??? list, I'm going to
Vote: implosion
Hopefully Friday I can comb through things I had marked "of interest" in my notes, and provide analysis.
-Karl Heinrich Marx
VibeBox
VibeBox
Townie
VibeBox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #456 (isolation #15) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:52 am

Post by VibeBox »

I view Day 1 as primarily an information gathering exercise. My primary goal is to get as much of a read on as many people as possible. Implosion hadn't really pinged my scumdar during reread, but his recent posts have indeed been bad. Coupled with the fact that my strongest Town read thinks it's a good avenue of inquiry I am inclined to lend him my support, and hopefully in the process move implosion out of the ??? category one way or the other. (It also gives me a chance to see how Fate acts with more blind votes behind him) An implosion votes seems a sufficient info gathering action, prompting me to go for it since I didn't have any more promising alternatives in mind. (As I said, I am caught up, but have only begun analysis)
I feel no need for my vote to be restricted to players I already think are scummy.
-Karl Heinrich Marx

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”