Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #19 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:51 am

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

Vote: Flameaxe

For speaking about himself in third person; a sure sign of demon possesion.
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:15 pm

Okay, now I'm getting confused with everyone unvoting and voting "BB". You realize that I'm a "BB", too? Please specify.

Why is everyone voting for Blackberry all of a sudden?
Show

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (isolation #2) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:23 am

Unvote; Vote: Blackberry

For asking a irrelavant theory question that got everyone off track.

@Blackberry: Why did you ask that? For advice maybe?
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (isolation #3) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:25 pm

Blackberry wrote:Bud - you seem to analyze my actions in-depth, yet, you didn't even read. I state quite clearly the point of asking a question in my posts.

Also, why would you think I'd ask it "for advice" when, in this early in the game, nobody is actually going after me?

I feel you're lack of clarity and sensibility warrants a vote. Your reaction to this vote will deem whether I do in fact lean towards you being mafia moreso or not. Right now it's on the fence, but your reason for voting me does not make sense/if you were a town and that was your sincere reason for voting me I don't believe it whatsoever, as it implies you didn't even read my post.

Unvote, Vote: Bub Bidderskins
The "advice" thing was rhetorical. You didn't get it. From what I understand, your question was simply a means by which to start discussion. Apparently, it wasn't working very well because all I could see was a stagnated game with more discussion about a theory topic that wasn't even going to come up until the end of the day at least than on actual scum-hunting. Yes it is the interest of a townie to attempt to get the game back on track.
Xvart wrote:Got everyone off track of what? Were we on to something? This looks like an opportunistic vote on something that could be considered scummy. And the last sentence seems a little too sensationalized with the little jab at the end.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Bub Bidderskins

xvart.
The vote got the town off track of what they were supposed to do: scumhunt. Instead of asking players question about their posts, instead we are answering generic theory questions. How is my vote "opportunistic"?

Also, sometimes townies have to be sensational to get their point across and get their team out of a ditch.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (isolation #4) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:26 pm

EBWOP: Please ignore the second "instead" that I forgot to omit. It really wrecks the flow of the sentence :-(.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:19 am

Unvote; Vote: StrangerCoug

Why did you vote for me?
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:14 pm

StrangerCoug wrote:
Bub Bidderskins wrote:

Why did you vote for me?
Nice OMGUS :roll:

Your #71 is a very weak reason to go after Blackberry. Voting someone for asking a theory question? Scumhunting should be priority, yes, but the theory question is not inherently scummy. It sparks discussion, which can be a town tell in its own right.
Excellent job answer my actual question. Now, why did you vote for me? I didn't vote for BlackBerry because I thought he was scum, I voted for him to get the game moving in the right direction.
Xvart wrote:Bud (post 75) - if the game was stagnated before BB asked his question, how does the question distract the town since we were stagnated?
The game was stagnated both before and after. The question didn't help because it just moved any positive discussion that was even remotly occuring during the first era of stagnation toward a fail goal. Kind of like what Republicans are saying about Obama's stimulus bill, If you're into politics.

Again, let me say that the vote on Blackberry was simply to get the game moving in the right direction.

And let me remind StragerCoug that he didn't answer my question:
Bub Bidderskins wrote:Why did you vote for me?
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (isolation #7) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:40 am

StrangerCoug wrote:
Bub Bidderskins wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Bub Bidderskins wrote:

Why did you vote for me?
Nice OMGUS :roll:

Your #71 is a very weak reason to go after Blackberry. Voting someone for asking a theory question? Scumhunting should be priority, yes, but the theory question is not inherently scummy. It sparks discussion, which can be a town tell in its own right.
Excellent job answer my actual question. Now, why did you vote for me? I didn't vote for BlackBerry because I thought he was scum, I voted for him to get the game moving in the right direction.
I don't see how my response is unsatisfactory, for one thing.

For another, at this stage of the game all of your votes should be for someone you suspect. 99% of the time, it's most useful to vote your top suspect. Anything along the lines of "I am going to try to fix a problem by voting the person causing it" implies that the person causing the problem is scummy. Not a bad way to go at all—in fact, it can prove excellent—but you're doing it wrong. Denying that you think the person you're voting is scum is, best case scenario, counter-intuitive.

Is anything else going past your head?
Well now I am voting for my top suspect.

Why are you voting for me? I'm going to keep this up until you answer the question.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (isolation #8) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:31 pm

StrangerCoug wrote:I answered your goddamn question already. Learn how to read.
I looked back at your posts.

*open palm; insert face*

My bad; sorry.

I'm also sorry for not posting much recently, my computer has been down and I have not been able to get much access.

@mod:
limited access
for this reason
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (isolation #9) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:21 am

Okay, my computer's been fixed and I'm getting caught up in all my games right now.

So far this game has been kind of in-active. We need to hear more from espeonage.

Oi espy, what do you think of the wagon on you? I would like to see a good case on Espy before I commit to lynch him, though.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (isolation #10) » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:00 am

I am not liking espy's explanation. Seriously, why un-vote? Keep the pressure on instead of pulling off into the scummy, wishy-washy zone.

And shotty needs to come in a post some content. He hasn't given the town dead squat.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (isolation #11) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:15 am

vote: shotty

Why are you speculating about the night?
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (isolation #12) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:40 pm

I am not liking the interaction between Reck and Shotty right now. The reason I voted for Shotty was because he's contributed nothing the town so far, and was speculating about the night. Maybe he was surprised at what happend because he knows who he wanted to kill? Small scum-tell at best, but his responses since and his history in this game so far give me no town vibes.

Reck has also contributed very little thus far on D-2.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (isolation #13) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:36 am

q21 wrote:
Bub Bidderskins wrote:I am not liking the interaction between Reck and Shotty right now. The reason I voted for Shotty was because he's contributed nothing the town so far, and was speculating about the night. Maybe he was surprised at what happend because he knows who he wanted to kill? Small scum-tell at best, but his responses since and his history in this game so far give me no town vibes.

Reck has also contributed very little thus far on D-2.
In fact recks biggest contributions to the thread at the point this post was made were declaring shotty town and... doing the same thing you're voting shotty for. Also, when you voted him, the only thing given as a reason for your shotty vote was the night speculation... the other point, while potentially true, feels tacked on so you could make it look like there was a reason for you differentiating between reck and shotty's night speculation.
In my head the opposite occured. I thought of shotty as scummy going into D-2, and his night speculation was more of a confirmation. How that statement was worded, it probably came out backwards, and reading it back again, I can understand why you made that read.

If shotty is town, either moon or SC is scum. If shotty is scum, reck is probably scum.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (isolation #14) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:15 am

Moospiker, are you totally incapable of saying anything that would remotely benefit the town? I have been swayed both by your total uselessness and Rhinox' case which threw some of your d-1 activity into the light.

unvote, vote: Moospiker
(L-1)
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (isolation #15) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:25 pm

Jahudo wrote:@Bub: What happened to your shotty read when you voted Moo?
Nothing happend to it. After Rhinox posted his case I was convinced that Moo was scummier. The fact is this, both of them are scummy and neither of them has contributed anything at all. I'm inclined to think that one of them is a VI, while the other is scum. I would personally be happy with a lynch either way, as that would either throw serious suspision on one, or kill a scum and semi-clear the other one. I seriously doubt that both are scum, though.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (isolation #16) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:48 pm

Oh the insanity!

Right now I'm convinced that either moo or shotty is scum. Reck's defense of shotty also bothers me. It seems like a BS defense for his scum-bud who has been totally useless at defending himself. Of course, it could be true that reck is just half-assing this game like he said, but it will be a major scum-tell if shotty is indead scum.

@Shotty: why is it that you never give any reason for your late-vote wagon hopping?
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (isolation #17) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:44 pm

Okay, I've got a lot to get to...
Rhinox wrote:xvart:
Bub:

iso 1: "Why is everyone voting for Blackberry all of a sudden?"
iso 2: "Unvote; Vote: Blackberry"
:-?

Attack on Blackberry for asking a theory question seems really weak. Blackberry claims he was trying to spark some discussion. Bub's vote was "simply to get the game moving in the right direction." according to iso 6, then abandoned altogether to vote for SC.

Bub, how exactly was your vote moving the game in the right direction?
It got the focus on scum-hunting instead of theory.
rhinox wrote: [quote=Voted SC because he didn't know why SC voted for him. Can be interpretted as OMGUS.

iso 7: "Well now I am voting for my top suspect." -
bub, why was SC your top suspect?"

Comes back from Limited Acces for post 9. Still voting SC, but only comments on espy and shotty before the day ends.

bub, why did you continue to vote SC through the end of D1?
1st question, at the time I thought he was scummy with the way he was place late bandwagon votes. 2nd question, because he was my top suspect.
rhinox wrote: iso 10: "I am not liking espy's explanation. Seriously, why un-vote? Keep the pressure on instead of pulling off into the scummy, wishy-washy zone." - note this is not followed with a vote on espy, he is just pushing the wagon along without committing to it.

"And shotty needs to come in a post some content. He hasn't given the town dead squat." - all that was said about shotty on day 1 by bub...

iso 11: voting shotty for speculating about the night - seems opportunistic.

iso 12: "The reason I voted for Shotty was because he's contributed nothing the town so far, and was speculating about the night."

iso 13: "I thought of shotty as scummy going into D-2, and his night speculation was more of a confirmation."

Alright, here we go. iso 10 was all bub ever said about shotty D1 - nothing there that suggests he thinks shotty is scummy. He votes shotty in 11 and in 12, says it was because he's contributed nothing and speculated about the night. In iso 13, after being questioned by q21, backpedals to say that he actually found shotty scummy going into D2. The problem is, iso 13 is the first post that bub ever identified shotty as "scummy", in his opinion.

iso 14: disappears for a few days, then show up to put an opportunistic L-1 vote on Moo. In...

...iso 15: claims that he still thinks shotty is scummy after being questioned by jahudo why he abandoned his shotty read.
Bub, what makes you think either moo or shotty can be scum but not both
, as you said in this post.

iso 16: convinced either moo or shotty is scum. Suspicious of reck for defending shotty. calls it a major scum tell if shotty is scum.

"@Shotty: why is it that you never give any reason for your late-vote wagon hopping?" - is a loaded trap question.

bub: what are your reasons for finding shotty scummy?
I've got "contributed nothing D1", and "speculated about the night". That all it takes?

I think I've got enough to feel comfortable with a...

vote: Bub
I felt that shotty was scummy coming in, but didn't voice my opinion. It was more of a hunch really. If there are any questions that I missed, please bring them to my attention.

I also doubt if the tags work out right X-(.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (isolation #18) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:53 pm

Okay, looks like I missed two questions:
Rhinox wrote:bub: what are your reasons for finding shotty scummy? I've got "contributed nothing D1", and "speculated about the night". That all it takes?
Add "contributed nothing d-2" to that list. And yes it's enough, coupled with his opportunistic voting patterns.
Rhinox wrote: Bub, what makes you think either moo or shotty can be scum but not both, as you said in this post.

iso 16: convinced either moo or shotty is scum. Suspicious of reck for defending shotty. calls it a major scum tell if shotty is scum.
Because the scum would have to be really stupid for both of they're remaining members to be

A) Voting for each other
B) Obv scum
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (isolation #19) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:23 pm

Sorry I haven't posted much lately, but I've been really busy. I'm seriously surprised that neither Shotty nor Moo was scum.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (isolation #20) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:27 pm

I really can't post much now, other than to say that Blackberry needs to get in the game and that I don't understand why Reck thinks that Flame is scum.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (isolation #21) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:44 am

Mod: You've made a mistake on the front page--you list shotty as being dead twice.

I agree with reck that this game has stalled. To get it out of the rut, everyone answer these questions:

1: Do you there were scum on the moo wagon or off it? Why?
2: Who is you main suspect? Why?

I'll answer them myself. I think there was scum on that wagon. Furthermore, I think that that scum is q21.
q21 wrote:Okay, so I have the chance to tip one of Moospiker or Bub ahead of the other and onto L-2. I don't like the way Moospiker has responded to the situation and I have a better opinion of most of the people voting Moospiker at the moment.

Vote Moospiker

Better bet for scum at the moment in my view.
At that point in time, both moo and I were at L-3. It seems like he didn't really care which one went to L-2, but he wanted to put some one there. Within a few posts, moo was hammered.

Also, here's something from the very start of the game:
q21 wrote:
vote: xvart
A quick random vote bus maybe?

vote: q21
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (isolation #22) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:33 pm

xRECKONERx wrote:IDGAF what Bub is doing. He's incredibly inactive.
Oh, that hurts.

Unfortunatly, inactivity is like a virus in this game. It was never really active, and that discouraged the active people to not participate. Unfortunate.

Berry is exhuding an aura of not-giving-a-damn. Kind of flippant no matter which way this game goes. I read him more as a VI than anything, or at least as somebody who doesn't care about the game.

If Berry is scum, then Flameaxe is scum. If Berry is town, Rhinox or Reck are scum.

Also,

unvote

I liked q21's answer to my questions, and I admit, I was reaching.

@Mod: Official vote count please? It's kinda hard to keep up with this game without many vote-counts.

Though I think that berry is now at L-2 with Jahudo's unvote.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (isolation #23) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:07 am

xRECKONERx wrote:
Unvote; Vote: Flameaxe

WHATEVER.
Vote explanation fail. Or, to be more precise, unvote explanation fail. We know why you're voting flameaxe, but why are you unvoting?
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (isolation #24) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:04 pm

xRECKONERx wrote:Fucking hell, there's a SK. I hope to GOD Flameaxe was the last scum.
Why is there an SK?
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (isolation #25) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:13 pm

I was shotty's mason partner, however, I did not know shotty's alignment. The only power I had was to night-talk with him.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (isolation #26) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:35 pm

Jahudo wrote:@Bub: Did you or shotty say anything that hasn't been talked about in thread?
No, it was kind of a wasted effort. Shotty never responded to anything, and we never got any positive discussion going.

I'm really curious to see what q21 has to say once he comes back from V/LA.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (isolation #27) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:02 am

xRECKONERx wrote:Mk, so Bub is confirmed town at this point, barring some kind of wacky mechanics.

With one GF and one SK left, this gives us a 50% chance of hitting scum. I'll have to reevaluate my stance on q21. And Jahudo, really, in light of the SK thing.
Actually, if both you and I are confirmed town, and there is a GF and an SK, then we have a 2/3 chance of hitting an anti-town player because Jahudo, q21, and Blackberry are all unconfirmed.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (isolation #28) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:23 am

Blackberry wrote:
Bub Bidderskins wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:Mk, so Bub is confirmed town at this point, barring some kind of wacky mechanics.

With one GF and one SK left, this gives us a 50% chance of hitting scum. I'll have to reevaluate my stance on q21. And Jahudo, really, in light of the SK thing.
Actually, if both you and I are confirmed town, and there is a GF and an SK, then we have a 2/3 chance of hitting an anti-town player because Jahudo, q21, and Blackberry are all unconfirmed.
Are you reading the game? O_o Why did you *think* Reckoner was confirmed town? Just curious...

What is your Role Name, your secret, etc. @ Bub... and also at Reckoner...

Bub first...
I never said that; I was simply clarifing reck when he said that we have a 50% chance of hitting scum. Because in that very same post he said that I was basically confirmed town.

My role name? Mike Little. I'm newly married, and my secret is that I talk about everything at night with my new wife, Karen (i.e. shotty), but I feel that she is hiding something.

Basically non-confirming masons.

As far as the game goes, if Flameaxe's objective was to kill the GF, then he would probably be pushing for his lynch. That seems to implicate reck, but reck fought back and got flameaxe lynched.

Question: Does the GF usually know if there's an unsuper?
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (isolation #29) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:24 am

Just as an fyi, I literally had to click the submit button three times for my post to go through because of Blackberry's rapid posting.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (isolation #30) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:09 pm

I'm not sure I would trust the flavor text, as it is probably exactly that: flavor text; most likely with no impact on the actual game.

Reading flameaxe in iso, it looks like he voted for several different people who are now confirmed town early on in the game. In retrospect, he looks really scummy. Moving on...

It turns out that reck actually voted for flameaxe
before
flameaxe was voting for reck. 5 days before, to be exact, during day 2. Flameaxe was voting for shotty, while reck was convinced that shotty was town. Reck thought that flameaxe was the scummiest shotty voter and thus voted for flameaxe. For five days he was attacking flameaxe until flame voted for reck. Reck was kind of the instigator, not flameaxe.

I'm thinking that blackberry is the most likely candidate for SK, with Jahudo and q21 splitting the honors for GF right now. I'm going to have to look back and see if I can spot any connections between them and confirmed scum.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (isolation #31) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:26 pm

On balance I think this game was good. I didn't want to put too much trust in the flavor, but blackberry caught on. I probably could have done better if I was into the flavor.

Porochaz: I could sense that you got disenfrancised with this game. You seemed to lack energy, and that carried over into the game. It was an interesting setup, but due to forces outside of our control, it fell a little flatter than it should have.

I found it interesting that as masons, we were unconfirmed but of the same alignment, that made me skeptical of shotty and led me to push him, though it turned out that he was town.
Show

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”