Mini 1162- Inglourious Basterds Mafia (Game over)

Elsa von Spielburg
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:58 pm

Post by Elsa von Spielburg »

Vote: Toon Fighter
for being at the bottom of the list. Scum accumulates at the bottom.

And yeah, I've seen the Basterds twice. Awesome film.
Elsa von Spielburg
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #1) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:40 am

*sees my vote on TF*

Yup, not RVS anymore. Vote stands. I've seen that scum slip-up more than once: where they go around and declare who they think is town as opposed to who they think is scum, because that's easier and more diplomatic. But it also reeks of inside information. Hence, it is deserving of my vote.

NintendoAddict: how many games have you played between mafiascum and other sites? I agree with split in this issue, anyone concerned at all about the RVS is overreacting, and asking reasons (for when there quite obviously are none) reads as concern to me.
Elsa von Spielburg
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:17 pm

Benmage wrote: Its how early? He's not going around doing anything of what you're saying (i.e.calling people town, and not naming scum). In fact he first called NA1 scum..then reversed it to noobtown.

Call him out on quickly jumping at NA1 (calling him scum so early) Or flip flopping (rapid change of opinion with little added information/total information ingeneral). Not for naming people town...and trying to not call people scum.

Ridiculous assertion.
Didn't call people town?

TF's 2nd and 3rd post:
DemonHybrid deserves those town points. nintendo is scum...

...After rereading, nintendo seems to me newbtown, and DH also town, but paranoid about nintendo
Admittedly I missed the "paranoid about nintendo" in my first read, but the gist of what I'm saying holds. Maybe this is different as an online thing, but one of my most reliable reads when I play my weekly IRL game of mafia is when I ask people what they think and instead of hunting, scum often they dish out 'townie points' to a few people and then just pick arbitrarily from the rest of the pack.
Elsa von Spielburg
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:09 pm

Whelp, no CCs, so:

Unvote
Elsa von Spielburg
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (isolation #4) » Mon May 02, 2011 2:37 pm

drewoftherushes wrote:Question: Obviously Staff Sergeant Donny Donowitz is in this game (because he's the one with the bat): technically he's one of the Basterds, which makes me think he's a Vig, in which case, hey Vig, be careful. But I also thought there's a possibility he's an SK, maybe he has a separate wincon as mentioned by others. Any ideas about this? Spit, is this who you think Pappum might be?

Can't really see it. On just the flavor of the game, how would it make sense that Donowitz is a SK while he is still a Basterd? Perhaps the mod has thrown some wrinkles into the game, but I'm skeptical. Those who play on this site often, does this happen often with Theme games? This is my first. (Anywho, Grad work has taken over my life right now, so I apologize for the lack of posting.)

Vote: ABR

He needs a second vote on him for his whole ridiculous posting style from yesterday. Self-voting. Single-line posts as far as the eye can see. Calling for his own death. And only now you're playing to win with the town? Seems like you're trying to brush all of that off far too easily.

Also, you've got the obligatory "Oh noes, that was a bad night," reaction that I've seen from scum far too often.
Elsa von Spielburg
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #5) » Mon May 02, 2011 6:06 pm

Righto. No counters, so
Unvote
Elsa von Spielburg
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (isolation #6) » Mon May 02, 2011 7:17 pm

pappums rat wrote:As ill-planned as it was, I don't think ABR is likely scum,
though a one-shot SK is not completely out of the question.

Er... what? Do those even exist? This smacks of trying to keep a VERY far-reaching shred of suspicion on ABR if you need to come back of it.
Elsa von Spielburg
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #7) » Thu May 05, 2011 5:19 am

Did a re-read of the previous day and a few things stood out for me:

In post 45 tclaw fingers TF with suspicion because of TF’s quick flip on his read of NA1. One post after, pappums throws a vote on TF and one post after that NA1 throws his vote on TF. Makes sense for NA1 to join in an opposing wagon. Pappums seems to disagree, though, and throws a big “HoS” at NA1 for voting for TF, calling it opportunistic. If there’s one thing that frustrates me as town, it’s being called opportunistic for logical play. Were other people opportunistic for piling on NA1’s wagon early on? I don’t like the incongruity there.

Continuing on that line of thought, in 61 pappums grills NA1 for voting without expressing prior suspicion to someone… on page 2. It’s a reaching argument that I do not like. And to me, scum have to make things to look for, therefore reaching logic = scum.

I agree with Benmage’s 70: that says, “Oh and Pappums rat Grow a pair.. FoS... HoS....just vote.” I dislike the use of FoS and HoS. It lets people (sometimes scum) cast out lots of lines of suspicion to different people to see what sticks.

Then there’s what feels to be like 3-4 full pages of back and forth between NA1 and DH.

Maybe I have the benefit of knowing NA1’s alignment after the fact, but his 140 where he is about to be hammered when he says, “At this point there would be no need to lie regardless of role or alignment. I am VANILLA TOWN RTARDS,” reads as a genuine town reaction to me, so again I disagree with pappum’s assessment (and subsequent hammer).

So yeah, looks like the things that jumped at me most in Day 1 were mostly on pappums. That, accompanied by his bizarre suggestion of a 1-shot SK to keep vague suspicion on ABR (remember what I said about keeping your suspicion spread out as scum), gives me cause enough to vote:

Vote: pappums rat

Hope that jogged a few things in people’s brains and can get this game moving.
Elsa von Spielburg
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (isolation #8) » Thu May 05, 2011 6:09 am

DemonHybrid wrote:
Elsa wrote:Continuing on that line of thought, in 61 pappums grills NA1 for voting without expressing prior suspicion to someone… on page 2. It’s a reaching argument that I do not like. And to me, scum have to make things to look for, therefore reaching logic = scum.

I'm going back and forth with pappums. He has limited interaction with the people who I'm currently suspecting and he only argued with townies (and ABR, but he's pretty much a stone's throw from being confirmed town at the moment). He also reached to keep his suspicion on ABR alive. Do not like.

The only things that keep me from voting him are:

1. He was the one that started the Toon Fighter suspicion. It reads off as genuine to me.
2. There's really less scum motivation behind suggesting the 1-shot SK than we might think, even if it looks scummy on the surface.

Hell, I'm not sure.

How are you qualifying "starting off suspicion"? While, yes, Pappums was the first to vote for TF, tclaw quoted posted a "FoS" of TF (for basically the same reason) one post before pappums's jumped in to vote.
Elsa von Spielburg
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #9) » Thu May 05, 2011 6:14 am

DemonHybrid wrote:
How are you qualifying "starting off suspicion"? While, yes, Pappums was the first to vote for TF, tclaw quoted posted a "FoS" of TF (for basically the same reason) one post before pappums's jumped in to vote.

Did he? I may have missed it, let me go and check.

Posts 45 and 46.
Elsa von Spielburg
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (isolation #10) » Thu May 05, 2011 6:20 am

Ah, kk, I see now.
Elsa von Spielburg
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (isolation #11) » Sun May 08, 2011 5:44 am

Um, if we no lynch, then don't we run the possibly of losing whatever info we gained from last night in the doctor/jailkeeper/whatever it was? I mean, I understand the odd/even number rule, but do you seriously want to risk that?
Elsa von Spielburg
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (isolation #12) » Sun May 08, 2011 8:25 am

DemonHybrid wrote:Funny, I didn't know one No Lynch vote turns the game into night. Gotta remember that for the future.

Not the point. The fact that you even mentioned it is worrying.
Elsa von Spielburg
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (isolation #13) » Mon May 09, 2011 2:49 pm

Sorry for not being more active, school is happening to me. Hope I can get a re-read post up tonight or early tomorrow.
Elsa von Spielburg
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #14) » Tue May 10, 2011 4:00 am

So after that "vote" for Tclaw, (don't know if it actually counts), I did a quick ISO of Hazard. I say quick because he's only had 3 posts all game. Holy crap.
Elsa von Spielburg
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #15) » Wed May 11, 2011 12:25 pm

splitfarvle wrote:Hazard's latest post is scummy because he drops a bandwagon vote without revealing whatever evidence he claims to have seen.
A quick look at his recent posting history also shows that he might be avoiding this thread.
He and drew are on my scumlist, I'm not sure if they're bussing or going for a mislynch, but a mislynch seems more likely because it's the quickest path to a scum victory. I have no particular candidate for the third scum yet.

Yup, I picked this up a couple days ago and subsequently forgot to mention it (life has been eating me alive), seeing as he's much more active in other games. Hazard is my #1 right now, to be quite honest, particularly because of his awful vote-post today, but I'm always tenative to drop my vote in any kind of LyLo. I typically try to let scum panic and throw out their votes first (because they always do) and then analyze the options from there.
Elsa von Spielburg
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (isolation #16) » Thu May 12, 2011 7:11 pm

Hazard with a Glove wrote:You guys are just stupid.
I've been lurking my ass off this entire time and you haven't done jack.

Wow. Screw it, I'm justified.

Vote: Hazard with a Glove
Elsa von Spielburg
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (isolation #17) » Mon May 16, 2011 8:27 am

Sorry, I was at home for the weekend, caught between family and schoolwork. Honestly, Hazard is only proving me correct with his recent posts. There's a fine line between bad town and brazen scum and in my opinion he has crossed it 50 times over.
Elsa von Spielburg
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (isolation #18) » Tue May 17, 2011 4:39 pm

Yup, it seems like we're all waiting on the new player's reads at this point.
Elsa von Spielburg
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (isolation #19) » Thu May 19, 2011 4:43 pm

And yet, Hazard is still scum. Votey vote vote.

I'm not sold on drew just yet, and will have to reread him. The only two I'm really confident about as town are ABR (despite his horrible reads) and split.
Elsa von Spielburg
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (isolation #20) » Sat May 21, 2011 9:51 am

DemonHybrid wrote:You know what, screw it. I don't think Hazard is scum and I think the people hopping onto him are taking the opportunistic route. What kind of scum motivation is saying that "I'm surprised there isn't a wagon on me"?

Unvote, Vote: Elsa von Spielburg

Playstyles. I've seen scum often use the "too honest" approach; often it leads to people defending them in the way you are for him (though I haven't ruled out you two just being scumbuddies covering for one another). And while I think town can use bluntly honest words, his tone and post style/amount just don't sit right to me. He oooooozes scuminess.
Elsa von Spielburg
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (isolation #21) » Wed May 25, 2011 8:17 am

ABR
Elsa Von Spielburg, DemonHybrid, one of you should be lynched tomorrow.

...really, DH? If you were town, I'd expect you to be a LITTLE more conservative with your vote in what is likely a LyLo situation, but you're proving yourself to just be jumpy scum. Huge misstep there.

EDIT: Damn, drew already beat me to the punch. Makes me feel even better about this.

Vote: Demon Hybrid
Elsa von Spielburg
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (isolation #22) » Wed May 25, 2011 2:50 pm

Mafia... traitor?
Elsa von Spielburg
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (isolation #23) » Wed May 25, 2011 2:58 pm

K bye! You realize Ben and CMR were just scum playing towards their win-con, rite?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”