Mini 294 - Post Restriction (It's all over!)

Nightcow
Nightcow
Goon
Nightcow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:28 pm

Post by Nightcow »

draygn_mage wrote:Post restrictions suck.
:Yawn:

So, I notice Pooky isn't in this game. Interesting.

I have nothing to say now, but I'll use my other posts to better effect as we go on.

[1/10]
Nightcow
Nightcow
Goon
Nightcow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:02 am

Post by Nightcow »

Still going. Wow it's been a long day. :Yawn: I need sleep. Zzzzzzzz
Oh, you want my thoughts too.
BMcQ wrote:Hey everyone, I'm the Serial Killer.
er..ok.
vote BMcQ
Quig wrote:This is quackers. At the moment we have no leads to who the mafia is. It seems like they got very lucky with the death of our doctor.
Translation: "Yay we got the Doc"
unvote, vote: Quig
Aud at BMcQ wrote:Why bother. By claiming now, the mafia will bump you off before you even find what you're looking for, if it's even out there.
BMcQ replies by offering to barn his kills to the town. Good. If in doubt kill Quig. (This may change as the day progresses obviously.)
MoS wrote:1337 SPAM
Is it possible for BMcQ to be a Jester? (I've never played with one before). Otherwise we could give him 1 night to prove himself, then we lynch him
Twomz wrote:That yee father for coming forwar' like tha'. T'was the just thing to do. I wish yee the best O luck tonight... keep the good book close, there be killers aboard. I just hope yee understan' tha' we may need ta send ya to davy jones locka today, being as yer a confirmed "nontownie", no matter how noble yer intentions may be.
Aye Cap'n.
(Why are pirates pirates? Because they Arrrrrrr.)
aud wrote:Pooky's the greatest player ever. We'd win for sure if he were around. Without his help, we're done for.
You----------------------------------->
.................(The point)...............
Dragyn wrote:Why waste one like that?
Because I can tl;dr like a bugger when I get going, so missing one was less important than popping in early.
Quig wrote:I think we should keep DrippingGoofBall in just for comedy value. He's got a quackingly funny restriction. I'm going to Vote: Mastermind of Sin because I can tell his posts are going to annoy me.
confirmvote: Quig
If he doesn't get lynched today, we vig/SK him tonight.

Anyway. It turns out page 2 was nothing but bizarre misunderstandings of the difference between a clown and a mime. (Or was it?)
Logic wrote:It was pretty clear to me they were different restrictions from the beginning.
Indeed (though you are probably scum in this game too). Perhaps there were baddies pushing us to believe there was foul play. Keep an eye on MoS. He can hide anything in that splurge he writes.
MoS wrote:u/\/\m, obb1ously/// I F OPNE OF TEHm IS FAIKG BIENG A MMIE, THE HANCEZ RHAT THE WOULD THINLK OF TH3 sAME WAY TO EXPRESS IT AR3 MI|\|IMNAL!
Hmmm. Ok, then we lynch DGb
vote DrippingGoofball
We should still vig/SK Quig

neon wrote:Neongrey gathers together a small musical group and hands them a set of directions and materials to build a large, covered form of horse-drawn cart, then sits down and grabs a drink.
Possibly she is waiting for the musical group to start building the cart, or possibly she just came up with that particularly horrible pun and had a need to use it immediately.
LoL. I think.
Neon wrote:Neongrey does in fact appear to be waiting for the band to start building a wagon, thus ruining the joke for anyone else who reads this. Possibly she will even conclude this post by actually getting her italics tags right.
Nope. I LoLed for all the wrong reasons.
Twomz wrote:Ahoy, i be gettin it now. A wagon for a band ye say? Ah... when i still had me left arm, i played the viola for Slim Jim and John Silver... and i happen'ta do et on tha wagon most O the time....
Ah, OK.
Neon wrote:Neongrey looks around, and hauls out a dartboard, and carefully spends some time writing people's names on it. She sets it up, throws a dart, checks the result, and promptly proceeds to vote draygn_mage.
I'm not thinking you hit the bullseye there. Dripping and Quig are our best choices
Quig wrote:I'm stumped. I just can't see who could be mafia. Theres not much point lynching a random person because its most likely that there mafia. I say we QUACK Vote: No Lynch
They are the guys you chat with at night. You know, so you can conspire to kill us all.

unvote, vote: Quig

So in summary.

Quig must die.

DrippingGoofball Vs Neon was interesting. The way DGb attacked Neon right at the start is really suspicious.

MoS makes some good, if difficult to read points.

Twomz talks sense.

Everyone else - Post more. esp Dragyn and Bethel.

Dear DGb:Image <---- Best I could find.
[2/10]
Nightcow
Nightcow
Goon
Nightcow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #2) » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:38 am

Post by Nightcow »

:Yawn: are we still playng. sheesh. Why can't we all go to bed. Zzzzzzzz
Aud wrote:Might our personalities play a part in our alignment, as well as the clues left by the death scenes? We found a scalpel at the scene of Thok's murder, which maybe does indeed point to Quig as evil. (Quack -> bad doctor -> scalpel?)
Apparently not.
Twomz wrote:While our restrictions probably won't decide our alignment, they may have a connection w/ our ability. Arrrrr.
Indeed, I believe they do for some roles. But only tangentially or loosely for others.

Dragyn must speak in Haiku, so that makes his role what? :Shrug:

Mornin' Bethel, nice of you to join us.
Logic wrote:unvote quig
vote twomz
I dont like that last post, rushing this lynch so quickly reeks of scumminess.
Nonsense. The guy was seriously suggesting a day 1 no lynch. I've never seen a townie advocate an early no lynch before. In retrospect spotting that Quig was still a "townsperson" should have made us all go into "Explain to the noob" mode. Shame.

This post of Logic's reeks of scum jumping off a town wagon to look good. But then Logic is always scum.

And BMcQ was true to his word.
Logic wrote:Well, lets look at this on the bright side, there is one less person that could be mafia!
Let us know if the bright side thing is a PR. That makes you more likely to be mafia right? Duly noted etc.
The duck is gone, BmQ daykilled him because he thoughts that is what we wanted. I wish he would have waited for more people to respond before going and doing that though.
Enough people were suspicious. Including you. When a day kill is town sanctioned it must be done before a lynch is reached. So anyone who has voted is counted as supporting the day kill unles they specifically say otherwise. You didn't. You just unvoted.It's not hard to say "hold fire BMcQ, I want to wait for a few more people to come in and sanction the day kill, I'm currently against it"
Twomz wrote:May i ask if the duck will be joinin us for supper later?
If it needed explaining: BMcQ quotes the Bible, right. He's a religious fanatic, ok. And his kill method is to send people on a crusade. Rather than smiting them. See.
Logic wrote:DM, be careful, a no lynch suggestion is what killed the duck.
So er yeah
megaconfirmvote: Logic
You have to read Dragyn's posts more carefully. It's hard making coherent arguments in a 5-7-5 syllable poem. Dragyn was incredulously asking us "WTF! seriously, who no lynches on Day 1? Only scum or yoghurt!!!!!". Not your gross misrepresentation of "Who else here as well as me would like to follow Quig and vote no lynch?"
Right now I dont like the pirate at all, so I am keeping my vote there...
Not liking him is irrelevent. It's whether you think he's mafia or not that counts. I think you and DGb are mafia. I like you both immensely. Go figure.

[3/10]
Nightcow
Nightcow
Goon
Nightcow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:03 pm

Post by Nightcow »

Still more talking. :Yawn:
logicticus wrote:yeah the haiku thing threw me off, I didnt realize DM was criticizing the no lynch idea.
OK, I'll let you off. Reading the thread and
thinking about it
helps I find.
I also didnt realize that bmq had daykill abilities, for some reason i thought he was the more traditional type of sk that killed at night, so I was caught by surprise when that happened more than anything.
Me too. :wink: The benefit of a 10 posts per day limit is that if I completely miss something or get the wrong end of the stick, by the time I come to post about it, someone has sorted it out and I can act as though I knew all along. Hmmmm.
of course i like the pirate, i meant i dont like his alignment in this game and I suspect him for being scum.
Yadda yadda yadda. Try being careful with what you say. Though his drift into lurkdom since the Quig death has been noted.
Im so happy that I have someone who can help me understand this better you are truely an asset to the town!
Glad to be of service. (And you can't spell trulyImage)
(I am eternaly optimistic per my post restriction)
Every post?
I'm with you aud, I dont know what just happened. It was pretty clear to me they were different restrictions from the beginning.
unvote quig, vote twomz
I dont like that last post, rushing this lynch so quickly reeks of scumminess.
oh man, i cant understand DGs post, all i know is i got an FOS at the end of it
yeah, i read it all, but it just didnt compute, it is my fault.
but its not that big of a deal in my opinion, now I know whats going on.
Thanks for translating that post for me.
Can you explain why the above posts are not optimistic?
neon wrote:Neongrey eyes Logic suspiciously. And particularly briefly.
Can you explain the briefly part? I'm not sure if this means you've dropped suspicion. I'm still suspicious of him.
MoS wrote:We could no lynch and consider the kill of Quig to be the lynch, or we lynch brian
Good point.
logic wrote:yeah, i read it all, but it just didnt compute, it is my fault.
but its not that big of a deal in my opinion, now I know whats going on.
Thanks for translating that post for me.
Laziness is not a town tell.
Dragyn wrote:So why DID you claim? You know we can't let you live if you're neutral.
Hmmmmmm. He's claimed an inverse psycho role. So if anyone in the town has "found God", perhaps they should claim to cure Brian. Though he may be a lying scumbag, you know, being scum and all.

I think our choices for today are

1: Real no lynch
2: Lynch Brian
3: Lynch Logic.

If we opt for 1 or 3, we can ask the "found God" guy to test if Brian can be cured. If not, then we lynch Brian tomorrow. And if cured, then great. I'm easy, but I think a Brian lynch would be better than no lynch.

PPE. I've changed my mind on Logic. He may not be a good lynch after all. Certainly it's not worth the risk of a second miss-lynch day 1, when we have a confessed bad guy. The last time I was in a game where we had a day vig working for the town we accidentally mowed down so many townies we handed the mafia the game.

unvote, vote: Brian

Whatever happens I'll try to leave my 10th post available for emergency use near lynch time. (If I get near 10 that is.)

[4/10]
Nightcow
Nightcow
Goon
Nightcow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (isolation #4) » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:04 am

Post by Nightcow »

MoS wrote:i"m hehe ,
i dgust don't knopw wha tA say
, m8! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!! Doihh, COOL!~~~~~
How about "Vote:DGb", or "Vote:Twomz". Or maybe you could tell us if anything happened to you last night. Or who you believe the bad guys are.You know, anything.
DrippingGoofball wrote:
GreenLiquid wrote: BrianMcQueso (The Bishop/SK), Shot Night 2
Bethelmark (Laser Pete/Goon), Shot Night 2
Image :?:
Image :?:
BMcQ was essentially on our side, so it's possible he was on the mafia hit list last night. Though a vigilante kill is possible. He was killed by a single bullet to the head.

As far as Bethelmark goes, I'm not sure. She lurked horrendously yesterday and may certainly have drawn a vigilante kill. She was killed by lots of large bullets. Those large bullets may help us down the line.

However, is it possible that we have a trigger happy townie, and Bethel was killed as she performed the mafia kill?
Twomz wrote:Ar... they be both be shot...in. Since Father BMQ be sending the sailors to the holy land, instead O shootin him, i'll venture a guess that a vig be shootin the goon.
Avast! Lurkvig ahoy! Wink
But, them scourgy mafiasos offed the poor father, who only had tha ships best interest in min'. *takes off hat w/ good hand and 'olds it o'r 'is 'art.* 'e'll be missed.
Play me a dirge Mr. Shmee... Sad
Aharrrrr, I be 'avin less clue what you be speaking today than yesserday.

Though Bethel by Vig, and BMcQ by Scum seems right.
DGb wrote: aud=Image :?:
Vote: Audasiuvat
Hmm, I've been working on the assumption that he is the other mason. You know: pessimistic guy/optimistic guy. I nearly worked it out last night, but was unsure, so I just changed my vote to BMcQ instead.

Perhaps it would be worth aud claiming if he is indeed another mason.
Twomz wrote:Vote: Audasiuvat Arrrr... bandwagon ahoy!
Interesting. I still think he's a mason.
Aud wrote:Another anti-townie bandwagon. We're so going to lose.
Vote Twomz
Partially OMGUS, partially because you were on both Quig's and Logic's wagons.
Why partially OMGUS? That he's voting for someone who is possibly a mason without asking is worth a vote.
Twomz wrote:Arrr... i tried to keelhaul Bethelmark yesterday, but was stopped by nonwagon participation. If Yee had listened to Mee yesterdee, then maybe thee game be o'r alreadeee?
Schwab the poop deck!
So who do you think today, then?
DGb wrote:twomz=pirate=stirringthepot. I don't like this.
pirate=/=wizard.

Twomz wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Quig
Twomz wrote:
Unvote, Vote: MoS
Twomz wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Bethelmark
Twomz wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Quig
Twomz wrote:
OMGUS Keelhaul: Logictus
Twomz wrote:
Vote: Audasiuvat Arrrr... bandwagon ahoy!
Interesting.
I think we need to see who other people have voted for and see if this is inconsistent. I'll do that for post 2.

He does certainly look like he's driving bandwagons, but if he is genuinely trying to spark discussion, that's more of a townie thing, than a mafia one.
Dragyn wrote:unvote, vote Twomz
can't ignore the vote hopping
D G has a point.
Yes. I'm torn. I can't decide if Twomz is a baddie going bandwaggoning, or if DGb is a baddie pushing a weak attack, with little chance of redress because of the post restrictions. I don't know what we should do here. Though I'm leaing slightly towards DGb, I'm OK with pushinhg Twomz towards a claim.
Aud wrote:ave we heard from Nightcow yet today?
Though I do understand if he wouldn't want to waste a post responding to me.
And as if by magic...

So, you a mason?

[1/10]
Nightcow
Nightcow
Goon
Nightcow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #5) » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:59 am

Post by Nightcow »

:Yawn: Is this game still going.

Oh well. Might as well claim then.

I'm a burglar. I count as this game's "cop".

However, if someone I burgle is being targetted by a protection ability, I get roleblocked.

My night time activity is so tiring that I can only stay awake to post 10 times and I must express tiredness (yawn, Zzzz) in at least 2 posts in the day.

OK, I have stolen from D_M and MoS. When I was stealing from MoS I was blocked because someone was protecting him.

I think I'd like D_M to let us know what sort of things I may have stolen from him, so I can aye or nay him based off that.

Don't know who I should steal from tonight.

[2/10]
Nightcow
Nightcow
Goon
Nightcow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #6) » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:46 am

Post by Nightcow »

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
What. er.. what who er what.? Oh. I see. Action in the game. Sorry I was asleep.
Twomz wrote:Arg... that be bein a little TOO convienient in me eye... But w/e.
If someone says their computer is broken it's alittle unfair to consider it a scum tell. However, we are probably looking at 2 goons, and MoS is under suspicion. So he could a fair lynch today even if he fails to post.
Miss DG, would ye mind claimin after we get MoS to claim? Or would ye rather wait til later? Or now? If we be gettin it all out in the open, it'd be easier to pick out the scum, at least, imo.
I'm not sure about DGb. A claim, certainly, but I have her on the suspicious list.

We really need D_M to pop in and let us know some flavour of his role so that I can try calling him town or scum. we'll see.

[3/10]
Nightcow
Nightcow
Goon
Nightcow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (isolation #7) » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:40 pm

Post by Nightcow »

:Yawn: Remember this post?
Cow wrote:
D_M wrote:Post restrictions suck.
:Yawn:
So,
I notice Pooky isn't in this game.
Interesting.
I have nothing to say now, but I'll use my other posts to better effect as we go on.
[1/10]
I stole a teddy bear fom you. I have no idea what it means.

It hardly saves your arse, but it is fairly mundane too.
D_M wrote:unvote, vote Nightcow
If you only have ten posts
Why waste one like that?
Why to breadcrumb with, obviously. Not that you'd have worked it out. I was hoping you'd be a little kid or something. The Haikus really put me off a bit. Samurai kids etc...

I have no idea where we go from here, unfortunately.
[4/10]
Nightcow
Nightcow
Goon
Nightcow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (isolation #8) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:46 am

Post by Nightcow »

:Yawn: Still going on?

OK, I have a really important question.

My ability doesn't work on someone who is being protected. Last night my ability didn't work on MoS. So, who was protecting him?
DrippingGoofball - Fortune Cookie/Smile posts/GG?
unlikely. (And I don't see DGb as necessarily GG.)
draygn_mage - Vanilla/none!!!?/BG?
Not unless he's lying. D_M - you still need to say if a teddy bear is something I'd likely steal from you. You also need to explain the whole restriction lie thing. Doesn't make you look good.
neongrey - Vanilla/mime/??
Who knows. Perhaps I'll steal from you tonight. Vanilla claim seems strange with the restriction.
Twomz - Vig/Pirate/GG
No.
Mastermind of Sin - Tracker/Haxzor/BG
not if you are who you say you are. However, do you know if you were protected by an ability last night?
audacesiuvat - Mason/positive/GG
I doubt it.
Nightcow - Thief/Only 10 posts/GG
Well, no obviously.

So: Why did my investiagtion fail?

1)With our doc dead, we may have a bodyguard or similar who looked after MoS last night. However, no-one has claimed Bodyguard.

2)MoS can self protect. (Unlikely as I believe there has to be someone else in the house for me to not want to break and enter, but a possibility)

3)MoS was roleblocked last night, and the roleblock explains his lack of result and my lack of result, too. (stretching it a bit.)

4)Other ideas? Speak up. (well, speak or mime or smilie up, anyway)

5)Some sort of mafia protection. Was a goon looking after a co-goon, perhaps.

I'm not sure. Unless D_M can give me a good reason as to why I'd steal a teddy bear from him, I'd prefer to lynch him than anyone else right now.

If we can explain why I didn't get a result on MoS last night, we may be able to clear/condemn him (MoS) or someone else.

I've got my eye on two players who I may steal from tonight.

[5/10]
Nightcow
Nightcow
Goon
Nightcow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (isolation #9) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:39 am

Post by Nightcow »

Hmm. Sorry D_M, since I only have a result on you, I have no idea what the teddy bear means myself. I was told that I would find out a little of the flavour of the person I stole from. Since I have no frame of reference (what I'd have got from MoS) I can't help. But I certainly won't vote for you today. My result could mean you are as mundane as a teddy bear, or it could mean you are lying. I really don't know.

If I'd got a tommy gun or something off MoS, I'd clear you like a shot. Though it seems I'm too late anyway.

I'm thinking if D_M is a good guy then we need to look at neon, DGb and MoS as baddies.

[6/10]
Nightcow
Nightcow
Goon
Nightcow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (isolation #10) » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:57 am

Post by Nightcow »

Woo hoo. My first ever mafia win. Thanks guys.

I had investigated DGb last night when I got killed. Bah.
And I investigated MoS the night before. I wonder if the lack of result helped tip you off Twomz?
Sorry I let you die D_M, but I really didn't have much else to go on.

Ho humm, we won anyway.

Twomz definitely MotM. Well done mate.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”