Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:19 am

Post by Fishythefish »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: CES

For acknowledging, but not judging, Fenchurch's blatant rolefishing.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:35 am

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 15, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
In post 12, Fishythefish wrote:For acknowledging, but not judging, Fenchurch's blatant rolefishing.

How would you tell the difference?

(While I do agree it's pretty blatant rolefishing, it's also almost certainly unintentional.)

Well... you said she was rolefishing, but didn't comment on whether that was scummy. I'd expect town to do both.

What makes you think the rolefish was "almost certainly unintentional"?
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #3) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:50 am

Post by Fishythefish »

@Faraday: why?
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #4) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:59 am

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 24, Ellibereth wrote:because you don't believe what you're saying you believe.

I do. It seems unlikely CES would think 10 was an unintentional rolefish.

@Faraday: no idea.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:41 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

@Fenchurch: what makes you think I'm "poss scum" (56)?

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Fenchurch

For keeping your options open to join the RVS L-1 wagon if it becomes acceptable.

@kiwi: why is vitaminR scum?
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (isolation #6) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:34 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 105, Fenchurch wrote:
In post 78, Fishythefish wrote:@Fenchurch: what makes you think I'm "poss scum" (56)?

The fact that you've reacted very little to being at L-1. If you were town I would expect you be much quicker to try and defend yourself, since you would have an explanation anything you've done.

And I don't think the wagon on you was totally bad to begin with. I think your posts so far have been a little empty. Not having much to say is a scumtell imo; it implies you're having to fabricate your cases, rather than them coming naturally.

The first reason is horrible. With no reasons given for me being at L-1, how should I have reacted? But much worse - when you posted your read, I hadn't posted since being at L-1, and had been there for exactly 5 minutes. So this
cannot
have been your real reason. Makes me happy with my vote - you've gone back and invented a reason why you thought I was scum.

For the second reason - well, at this stage of the game I'm voting on anything I find even a little bit scummy. So obviously my cases are going to look weaker than usual. I don't think that makes them "empty", compared with all the people who have basically been talking crap because it's the RVS.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (isolation #7) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:14 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

1. I did ask Faraday for a reason, and got none. It was pretty clear there was little or no reason for the votes. And if you read my posts, you might notice that I
have
been scumhunting. And still, this just can't have been your reason in 56. Because
a) as you say, it had only been 30 minutes since
anyone
had voted for me.
b) my only posts in that time
were
asking for reasons from Faraday and refuting the only point actually made against me (by Elli).
I asked you what you meant in 56, and you responded with something you can't sensibly have been thinking when you made that post.

2. What do you mean by "fake-empty", and how do you tell the difference between it and "weak-empty"?

3. OK then, "compared with all the people who have basically been talking crap because it's early in the game".
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (isolation #8) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:40 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

1. So, you really are claiming that you thought I was scum based on the following:

9:47 - Faraday votes Fishy
9:50 - Fishy asks why
9:51 - Elli gives a reason; Faraday tells Fishy to guess why
9:59 - Fishy answers the reason, and doesn't guess
10:00 - 10:27 - Two more people vote Fishy; Fishy doesn't post.

Your reason reduces to
half an hour of inactivity
. Nothing else. That's what you're calling scummy. And that's what I find totally unbelievable. If I've misunderstood you, please explain what I'm missing.

2. OK, thanks.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (isolation #9) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:42 am

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 131, Faraday wrote:I'll pretend to read fishy and fenchurch later and throw in a comment about not liking a certain post but being unable to put my finger on why, just in case anyone thinks I haven't read it.

:)

@Fenchurch: Bleh. Still finding it pretty implausible that I "seemed to accept the wagon on me" when you posted 56, but there's really nothing more to say on it.

What does anyone else think of this? I really think Fenchurch's prod at my wagon is pretty scummily timed, and her later justification doesn't make much sense.

Does anyone on my wagon want to give a reason why?
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (isolation #10) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:02 am

Post by Fishythefish »

When I asked you why you said I was possible scum in 56, you said this:
In post 105, Fenchurch wrote:The fact that you've reacted very little to being at L-1. If you were town I would expect you be much quicker to try and defend yourself, since you would have an explanation anything you've done.

And I don't think the wagon on you was totally bad to begin with. I think your posts so far have been a little empty. Not having much to say is a scumtell imo; it implies you're having to fabricate your cases, rather than them coming naturally.

When I pointed out that when you made 56 I wasn't at L-1, you corrected this. The change is pretty scummy on its own; it shows that you were justifying 56 after the event. And your modified point is very weak; it is that I responded "mildly" to unexplained accusations, and that I didn't post for 30 minutes. I don't believe you can really have thought that; I think it's more likely that when I pointed out your error you had to make your point fit with what had actually happened by 56.

The other point quoted here and later expanded on I've got no objection to. I wouldn't be especially surprised if my rather contrived RVS reasoning sounded strange in some way.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #11) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:04 am

Post by Fishythefish »

(To a large extent, Fenchurch has already responded to the above. Just clarifying what it is I find scummy.)
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (isolation #12) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:19 am

Post by Fishythefish »

kiwi has pushed slightly against you three times:
- Emphasising that you claimed vengeful as scum, as you claimed it here (73).
- After he smiles at your joke and you call it scummy, he then says to lynch all liars (80).
- He points out that you took 11 minutes to post a point on him (84), and asks if you're defending your buddy. Calls this "funny", in the way that means "suspicious".
He doesn't seem to have any intent to actually go after you, though. This seems off.

Elli's done bugger all. Just stating a few reads with no reasons.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (isolation #13) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:55 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Oh yeah, sorry. It wasn't that I wasn't at L-1; just that I'd only been there for 5 minutes.

But you did change the point - in 105, you said it was about me not responding to being at L-1, and in 108 you said:

In post 108, Fenchurch wrote:It was 30 mins since Faraday began the wagon on you, and I had already seen your reaction to that, so that was part of my reason.

Which is clearly saying it was about my reaction to Faraday's vote, not my reaction to being at L-1.

@Farady: interesting re: retroactive justification. I would think a townie is more likely to remember why they posted what they posted, whereas a scumbag is more likely to have to make up reasons afterwards.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (isolation #14) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:13 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Any reason why you're happy?
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (isolation #15) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:42 am

Post by Fishythefish »

I'm not "picking" at Fenchurch's argument. I'm saying that half her reasoning for calling me scummy a) was made up after she posted her read and b) is awful. What have I said that you disagree with or don't think is scummy?

Do you think it's reasonable that Fenchurch would think me scum at this point for "accepting the wagon on me"?
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (isolation #16) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:03 am

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 152, VitaminR wrote:Yes. Frankly, I think I had the same impression around that time and later. Regardless of whether it's warranted, that's how the flow of the game made it feel.

And I don't think this is the scum tell you make it out to be anyway.

When I'm scum in a situation like that, I go back and look at my posts to make sure the reasons I cite for a read are consistent with what was going on in the game at the time. When I'm town, I'm much more likely to mix up impressions and reasons I had. Fenchurch is a careful player who seems to invest a lot of energy in her scum roles at least (e.g. Open 318) and I would expect her to be more worried about appearing consistent as scum. Your point seems a null tell at best and perhaps even a town tell.

I'm quite surprised you find the point ok. Hearing this from someone else changes my mind quite a lot, actually. Makes me feel much better about Fenchurch.

It's not just that Fenchurch mixing up 56 and later, though. If she'd come out and said "my mistake, the ignoring your wagon came later, 56 was just about your early posts" I would have been fine with that. But when I pointed it out, she rather changed the point to make it fit with what had happened.

@Fenchurch: well, VR said I was just "picking" at what you said, pointing out minor and not scummy inconsistencies. Whether I'm right or wrong, I really don't think that's what I've been doing.

Hmmmm. It's usually a bad sign when you are attacking someone for their thoughts on you and noone agrees with you at all. Probably time to

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Elli

Do something, Elli. What do you think about anything?
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (isolation #17) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:54 am

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 164, Fenchurch wrote:That said, if I had said the 'ignoring' came after and was based on your absence, what would you response have been? Were you ignoring the wagon in that time?

Yes, I suppose I was. I didn't say or do much about the wagon on me, except occasionally ask people why it's there. I thought (and still feel) that noone's given reasons for it and there's not much to respond to. You're the only person who's actually said anything about why I'm scummy (other than an extremely vague reason from Faraday), and I've hardly ignored that.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (isolation #18) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:52 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Yet another non-committal point from kiwi. It's a horrible way of pushing a wagon.

"Not that its a scum tell, but it's a reason you are both likely to be scum."

UNVOTE:
VOTE: kiwieagle
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (isolation #19) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:57 am

Post by Fishythefish »

@kiwi:

On 2; Faraday joked (71,72) about me claiming a guilty on you. In 74, you smiled at the joke. In 76, he called that smile scummy. And then in 80 you said LAL.
Sure, I'm not suggesting you should have been sure you'd caught scum. But you never voted Faraday, you never asked him anything, and you never showed any inclination to pressure him or work out his alignment.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (isolation #20) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:59 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

On a mini reread:
CES feels like town to me. I can't quite put my finger on it. I think it's similar to why Fenchurch thinks he's scum. He's being so blatantly lazy about just sitting off my wagon and hopping on when I'm no longer at L-1. This doesn't particularly feel like scum play.
Fenchurch also feels like town. Feels like she's trying to catch scum.
Faraday I have a slight townread on, and I've no idea why.

Elli's not really playing the game.
VitaminR has done very little. Happy to sit on my wagon doing almost nothing. Do you have any comment on my 163, VR?

kiwi is my only real scumread, for repeatedly pushing wagons without committing himself. Looks like scum trying to get himself a mislynch without getting into a dangerous argument.

@my wagon:

Is there anything in my play you want explained? Are there any questions I can answer? Right now, I think your lack of effort to actually work out my alignment is pathetic.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (isolation #21) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:15 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Activity note; I won't be particularly active this weekend (or most weekends). I'll get on occasionally, but don't expect much.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (isolation #22) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:00 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 224, Ellibereth wrote:Fishy is more indignant (that might not be the right work...I'll find one later but yeah basically weird feeling) than I expect him to be. I dunno, there's a frustrated feeling earlier than I expect and his expectation of "stuff" etc. I dunno.

I've sat at L-1 for a week and 9 pages for basically no reason. I don't think that's too early for a frustrated feeling; it's getting to the point where it feels like this BS wagon might actually lynch me. The people on it seem unreasonably satisfied with their votes, and not really like they're scumhunting at all. It feels like nothing is happening in this game, and that almost noone is trying to make anything happen. How would you expect town to feel in my position?

What do you mean by my expectation of "stuff"? I think it's pretty reasonable to expect people to have some content by this stage of the game.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (isolation #23) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:03 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Oh, and @kiwi: the above should answer you as well.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (isolation #24) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 246, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Motivated to find scum?

I've tried in this game. I thought Fenchurch was scum for a while, though I've changed my mind now. I think kiwi's quite scummy. There's only so much I can do when there's so little happening. Who has done more scumhunting than me?
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (isolation #25) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:15 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

@kiwi: I'd like to make a last defence before I claim. I feel this wagon is crap, and that if I can put everything I think about this in one place
somebody
will recognise that. Or, at the very least, I'll have had a bloody good rant.

That'll take a while, and I'll have time in about 36-40 hours. If that doesn't sway anyone, I'll claim. Please don't hammer until then.

@Elli: in the past you've been able to read my alignment successfully (Real Time Mafia) springs to mind. Please try harder here. If you can be bothered, you could even meta me. This is not close to my scum game.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (isolation #26) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:53 am

Post by Fishythefish »

My apologies. Changes in RL plans, and I won't be able to devote the time that I need to to this game until this time tomorrow. I will certainly do it then - if I don't just lynch me.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (isolation #27) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:47 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Wow. L-1 to no votes in 2 contentless posts? I should lurk more often.

Content is on its way.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (isolation #28) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:04 am

Post by Fishythefish »

So, I promised a defence. Tempted not to bother now I've got no wagon, but a) I said I would and b) I suspect some people still think I'm scum. So here goes.

1. My early posts.

Some people dislike my early posting. Fenchurch said it sounded fake, Faraday was less specific. Up to iso 4 (post 26) I can easily understand that. At the beginning of the game I try to vote seriously as quickly as possible, based on anything even vaguely possibly scummy. This can lead to reasoning being weak, and posts sounding stilted.

2a) I didn't react much to my wagon initially.

Fenchurch made this point when I asked her why she thought I was scummy. She said, and VR much later agreed, that I seemed to go away during a very short period on day 1. Well yeah, I wasn't on the site. This seems to have given at least those two the vibe that I wasn't responding enough.

After that, I didn't say that much about my wagon for a long time. The reasons were pretty weak, and I thought it would go away. I was happy chasing up Fenchurch about her read on me. If noone asks me any questions, and I'm not in an immediate danger of a lynch, a wagon doesn't really motivate me.

2b) Later, I reacted too much to my wagon, and didn't scumhunt.

This was expressed by CES, Elli and kiwi. After the wagon on me was at L-1 for 9 pages, I started pushing at it. I wanted better reasons from it, to argue against and to scumhunt, and I didn't want to be lynched. Looking at my posts, I think it's fair to say I continued to scumhunt while doing this. For me, this point is unmitigated tripe. And it's kiwi's entire reasoning. He asked me to claim, and here's the only thing he's said that implies I'm scummy to him:

In post 231, kiwieagle wrote:
In post 224, Ellibereth wrote:Fishy is more indignant (that might not be the right work...I'll find one later but yeah basically weird feeling) than I expect him to be. I dunno, there's a frustrated feeling earlier than I expect and his expectation of "stuff" etc. I dunno.

could the word be something like im-finally-scum-and-I-quickly-got-L-1-without-out-me-actually-playing-screw-this-town.

That's it. And he didn't respond at all to my reply, and then told me to claim or die a page later. And then, just to emphasise how much he's definitely voting a scumread and not just hopping on a popular wagon, he named two possible scumteams with me in them. While quietly dropping VR, his previous suspect. Kiwi's part in my wagon is by far the scummiest.

3) This post and response

In post 150, VitaminR wrote:I didn't like the way you were trying to pick at Fenchurch's argument. None of it seemed that significant. It felt to me like you were trying hard to expose inconsistencies that aren't really that scummy (townies are inconsistent all the time).

In post 151, Fishythefish wrote:I'm not "picking" at Fenchurch's argument. I'm saying that half her reasoning for calling me scummy a) was made up after she posted her read and b) is awful. What have I said that you disagree with or don't think is scummy?

Do you think it's reasonable that Fenchurch would think me scum at this point for "accepting the wagon on me"?

On the original point; I think my argument with Fenchurch was about much more than VR implies here. It was about what I saw as some pretty weak points from Fenchurch at a good time for scum to want to jump on me (early, at least semi-serious L-1). Read it yourselves.

On the response; meh. Maybe it was a little strong, in reaction to what I felt was an unfair characterisation of my case against Fenchurch. But I don't see much wrong with it.

That's it, I think. If I've missed anything let me know. I think it's a pretty dire case.

That's the fun, easy, defensive bit done, and now you know who isn't scum. Stay tuned for the hard bit where I have to read the damn thread, and we find out who is scum.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (isolation #29) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:07 am

Post by Fishythefish »

@Elli re: our meta. Just looked it up, and my recollection was actually totally wrong. I thought in Real Time Mafia you read me correctly as scum; probably because you investigated me and got a guilty (as gunsmith, and we had fun claiming times). But actually your scumread on me was based on my predecessor's play. So yeah, never mind.

On people who aren't me

Fenchurch – comes out pretty well from our argument. Basically, we argued about her read on me, I called it awful, she defended it. There was a pretty clear consensus from people who commented that she came out better. Her moving me to a town read based on the argument would be an odd move for scum, who would be in a very decent position to angle for an easy mislynch. Later her views on Elli/Faraday seem believable. Pretty likely to be town.

Elli vs Fara – not sure what to make of this one. It's the sort of thing that town might get into, but scum wouldn't have trouble faking it. Elli's offer of a 1v1 with Fara seems a bit disingenuous. From Ellitown's point of view, the odds that a) the town agrees and b) they actually go through with it tomorrow are extremely poor. Seems more like a way to look town than something town actually do. CES's point that this would be a weird play for Elliscum is ok, but I feel Elli was rather drawn into the argument by Fara - he came out with a slight paranoia of Fara's read on him, and from there nothing much happened. It's certainly not like Elli just suddenly came out with a Fara scumread.

More generally, I've got a slight townread on Fara, but I'm not totally sure I should. His posting seems bold and pushing things, but not in a way that is particularly dangerous for him. Elli is still pretty null other than the argument with Fara. I find both their styles tough to read.

CES – I felt like he believed his points on me, and I feel like his view on Fara/Elli is a sensible one. Looks town enough.

Kiwi – this guy is still scum. People should read him and vote for him. See here, here for stuff about his pushing wagons without actually committing himself, and here for why his part in my wagon was really bad. Seriously, follow those links. Kiwi's done very little, and a lot of it is scummy.

VR – I thought he was pretty townie when he argued against me (150 was bad, but 152 was a very good follow up post). I'd like to know who he thinks is scum. Other than me.

Lots of townies there. Scumlist goes something similar to:

Scum
kiwi
Elli
Fara
VR
CES
Fenchurch
Town
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (isolation #30) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:41 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

I think kiwi's last post stinks. It tries to dismiss my case on him by calling it OMGUS, and basically says anyone who attacks him is scum.

In post 353, Fishythefish wrote:Kiwi – this guy is still scum. People should read him and vote for him. See here and here for stuff about his pushing wagons without actually committing himself, and here for why his part in my wagon was really bad. Seriously, follow those links. Kiwi's done very little, and a lot of it is scummy.

The post I just made on you, edited to fix a link and make more sense.

Firstly, two of the posts linked were made before you said anything. Secondly, just because I vote you after you vote me doesn't make it OMGUS (if that were true, I could only vote for Fenchurch). Why do you think this post is OMGUS? Thirdly, do you have anything to say about my actual case on you?

@Faraday: why do you think kiwiw is town?
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (isolation #31) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:02 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

@Fara: I don't see why kiwi wouldn't post that as scum. Dismissing my attacks as OMGUS and an AtE calling himself town and me scum looks like very possible newbscum play.

You said this yourself:

In post 338, Faraday wrote:
Kiwi's stupid. He's voting Vitamin, lurking is a scumtell but it moves Vit from scum to null. Like, it makes no sense to have that sort of crap regardless of alignment.
I'd say town, for the earlier 'bet you're wrong about my alignment' thing.

I think this
does
makes sense for scum who had got rather tangled in his jump onto me. It looks very much to me like kiwi saw a promising mislynch wagon and decided to threaten to hammer. Then to fit with that he named a couple of possible scumteams including me, forgetting his read on VR. And so when he was asked about VR, he had to make up some crap to reverse that read.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (isolation #32) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 379, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Fishy, try disregarding the substance of kiwi's posts?

WHY CAN'T I JUST PLAY MAFIA WITH PEOPLE WHO MAKE SENSE?

Ok, so if I disregard the substance of kiwi's posts *shudders*, why is he town?
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (isolation #33) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

I'm not getting any kind of townread from kiwi. That thing where he suggested two scumteams looks to me like an attempt to show that he actually had a scumread on me - why the hell wouldn't either of his teams involve the person he was acutally voting for?

Can you explain further why you think that post is town?
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (isolation #34) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:06 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

My last two posts were made while drunk, and may not be as considered or sensible as my usual posts.

In this case, though, they look just fine.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (isolation #35) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:15 am

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 399, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:That's too sophisticated for kiwi. Trying to find the scum team is very much a townie impulse. I know I do it myself, especially with smaller set-ups.

I agree that hunting for teams is something town do more. But this doesn't really look like kiwi was actually trying to hunt for the team. He never gave any reasons - it looks much more like just picking random partners for the person he's attacking.

Why are you voting me? I'm really not scum, you know.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (isolation #36) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:35 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Elli
Pretty clear there's no interest in a kiwi lynch today, and I prefer this to Faraday. And, of course, me.

@kiwi: why do you think I'm scum, exactly? The points you've made I've responded to pretty thoroughly here and here.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (isolation #37) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:42 am

Post by Fishythefish »

I don't find I've got much to say here. I'd still like to here more from the people voting me - I've done quite a lot of responding to points against me, and noone's said much about it.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (isolation #38) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:00 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

I don't see Fara as a likely lynch here. Does anyone off his wagon prefer him to
either
me or Elli?

@VR: what do you currently think of me? It could be quite important.

For your Elli townread; his 1v1 offer was never, ever going to actually happen. Can't see why he'd do it as town, really. As scum it can look like one of those crazy things town do.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (isolation #39) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:05 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 470, VitaminR wrote:Eh, I don't know what to think in this game. I'm not really superenthusiastic about my Faraday vote. Elli seems town, but I'm not great at reading him. I also don't like how he's asking CES to convince him to vote fishy. Fishy seems scummier to me, but his comments regarding his own meta and response to his wagon seemed genuine. On the other hand, his attacking of kiwi seems really easy.

Yeah, kiwi is someone you could probably always attack. But that doesn't mean he's not scum. I think his play on me looks very like he didn't believe what he said - and that's a scumtell for anyone.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (isolation #40) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:36 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Hmmm. VT claims are good towntells.

@Fenchurch: which do you prefer out of my lynch and Faraday's?

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Faraday
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (isolation #41) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:04 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Hmmm. Thinking about it in the shower, that doesn't particularly look like a scum move from Faraday. Unless perhaps Elli and Fara are scumbuddies, perhaps. But meh, this looks like the best shot at a non-me lynch, and non-me lynches at least might be scum lynches.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (isolation #42) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:52 am

Post by Fishythefish »

I'd put your odds of being scum at a bit worse than average. But much better than zero. But yeah, I'm not optimistic about the outcome of the day.

I'll claim only if Fenchurch decides on me over Fara.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (isolation #43) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:30 am

Post by Fishythefish »

The reason I think Elli's claim is town is that VT claims save you much less than PR claims. With a 7p game, I can't see scum being that worried about anything but not being lynched today - "the long run" just isn't a thing.

Right now, I'd jump at the chance to get any lynch that doesn't start with an F, except Elli. And I'd jump on kiwi very gladly indeed. His play has been really scummy - and since I called him out on it he's started lurking heroically. He's not town.

The case against me still doesn't exist, and I'm still happy to explain anything I've done all game. But I guess I'd better claim.

I'm a protown busdriver
. Points to note:
- At night I pick two targets, A and B. Actions performed on A resolve on B, and vice versa.
- This role can be either town or scum. The main protown use is to try to make mafia shoot the wrong person, preferably themselves. The main scum use is to confuse the hell out of PRs.
- It was my role that first reminded me of Real Time Mafia, which I discussed in my meta conversation with Elli. There I was a scum busdriver.
- Call WIFOM if you will, but if I wanted to avoid the lynch by claiming a PR, I would claim one that's more useful, and more unequivocally town.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: kiwi

Lynches are good, but Fara is a compromise too far for me. Let's lynch the really scummy guy. See my ISO for details. There's no need to worry about a no lynch; with the lynching system, it's impossible.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (isolation #44) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:38 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Oh, forgot flavour etc. Coming.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (isolation #45) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:40 am

Post by Fishythefish »

I'm Lucius Cornelius Scipio Asiaticus. There's nothing in my role PM that really explains why I'm a busdriver. Apparently I'm a politician.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (isolation #46) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:45 am

Post by Fishythefish »

@Fara: FWIW, I think busdriver makes quite a lot of sense in a 7p game for town. Busdriver's usually just not that good - it screws up PRs more than it helps town. But here, because there's probably not so much town power to screw up as usual, and there are fewer people for the driver to guess between, it becomes a more protown role.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (isolation #47) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:56 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Higher? Really? I'd guess about 2 - so about 1 who isn't the driver for me to screw up. So I've probably got about as much chance to redirect the scum kill as to hurt a PR - much better odds than usual.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (isolation #48) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:10 am

Post by Fishythefish »

I know the answer, but I'd much, much rather not tell you. Helps the scum a lot with their NK. If you have a good reason, ask again.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (isolation #49) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:22 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Optional.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (isolation #50) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:30 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Yeah. That's why if I got to choose my claim I'd have chosen something else.

Come vote kiwi! He might well be scum.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (isolation #51) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:35 am

Post by Fishythefish »

@Fen: No number, that's my whole name. Flavour mentions my great grandfather of the same name, who won the battle of Magnesia, and since then we can call ourselves Asiaticus.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (isolation #52) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:40 am

Post by Fishythefish »

@kiwi: what exactly do you mean by trying to "counter wagon", and why is it something that makes me more likely scum? VR asked for claims of people at L-1, at pretty sensible times - why does that make him scum?

On my WIFOM defence - well, busdriver
is
a stupid scum claim. Pointing out that I know that at least tells you that I'm not stupid scum. Even after doing this, it's
still
a stupid scum claim - saying "I'm busdriver, and I wouldn't claim this as scum" is never going to get me towncred like saying "I'm the cop, bitches" would.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (isolation #53) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Fishythefish »

@CES: Yeah, ok. It's fair to want me dead tonight. I can't self drive.

@Fen: yep, looks about right. I can't say I've ever actually bothered to read into my role.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (isolation #54) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:20 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Unofficial votecount:
Faraday (3) - Elli, CES, VR
Fishy (2) - Faraday, kiwi
kiwi (1) - Fishy
Elli (1) - Fenchurch

Still not seeing Fara scum. Unless Elli's his scumbuddy, as scum he royally fucked up the end of the day by unnecessarily moving off Elli, risking his own lynch in a face-off with me. See, for example, what's actually happening. That's not a risk I can see him taking for a bit of towncred. Fara/Elli is just about possible, but the way they drove the day feels more than distancing - too likely to end up in one of their lynches. At this stage, my preferences among people with votes go kiwi-Elli-Faraday-Fishy.

I'm off to bed soon - if the deadline is 24 hours from when myk said "it'll be about a day from now" I'll definitely be on before then.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (isolation #55) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:56 am

Post by Fishythefish »

@kiwi: no, my case is read MY iso.

@Fenchurch: if I wake up and there's a wagon on CES, VR or you, I'll take another look at that player. I'd probably vote for any of you over Fara - he seems to care less about self preservation than any realistic scumbag.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (isolation #56) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:50 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 555, mykonian wrote:
votecount

Faraday (3): Cogito Ergo Sum, VitaminR
Fishythefish (2): kiwieagle, Faraday
kiwieagle (1): Fishythefish
Ellibereth (1): Fenchurch

Not voting (0):

Elli has since unvoted.

This votecount sucks.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Faraday

It's too near deadline for me to possibly be the lynch (with everybody bouncing around on 2-3 votes, who knows who reached 2 votes first out of me and Fara). If anyone pops in and votes Elli, I'll join them. Should be here every now again for the next hour or so.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (isolation #57) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:56 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

I don't understand the above post. "Air conjure"?

Ooooh, Fenchurch is online. That's enough for a surprise breakaway lynch. CES, anyone?
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (isolation #58) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:15 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

^This.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”