wintergreen
wintergreen
Townie
wintergreen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (isolation #1) » Wed May 10, 2006 8:25 am

Post by wintergreen »

It is a bit odd for W!nt3r to claim so early. Yet the lack of a counterclaim or a vehement opposition, and the fact that he claims to have a guilty result, makes me lean toward believing him. It doesn't really seem like a scum strategy to pull something like this the first day.

However, there is the question of sanity. If he's gotten a character like Gareth, it's possible everyone he investigates will come up guilty. That should be considered...

unvote
, I'll see whether kirbyphreak has anything convinving to say to defend himself before I vote him.
Too prolix!
wintergreen
wintergreen
Townie
wintergreen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (isolation #2) » Thu May 11, 2006 12:27 pm

Post by wintergreen »

Oh boy. Two cop claims and two guilty investigations? :shock: The way it seems to me, either one is insane, or is a scum who cannot hope to survive much longer after something like this.

Right now, it is probably less risky (in terms of losing a cop) to lynch Adele instead of kirby. We seem to have a strategy for every eventuality planned out anyway, and by the end of it we should have confirmed a sane cop and/or caught a scum at least.

vote: Adele
putting it at five. However, we should wait to hear from her before proceeding, in case there's something we overlooked.

And re: post by Max a long ways back: technically, the Swinton group should have 3 people, so we're probably looking at that many scum. Not 2 (which would also put the mafia at a greater disadvantage). To suggest that there would only be 2 is rather strange and seemed more geared toward attacking W!nt3r.
Too prolix!
wintergreen
wintergreen
Townie
wintergreen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (isolation #3) » Thu May 11, 2006 12:37 pm

Post by wintergreen »

Ah, so you are Gareth.

I think that clears up a lot. Currently I believe your claim. Kirby's innocence is unproved, but I think we'll find out soon.

And
FOS: Max
... it just seems odder the more I think about it.
Too prolix!
wintergreen
wintergreen
Townie
wintergreen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (isolation #4) » Thu May 11, 2006 11:32 pm

Post by wintergreen »

Kirby did name-claim... to a character that stands a reasonable chance of being a sane cop.
kirby wrote:I am Tim Canterbury, cop.
Granted, it is not guaranteed that he is telling the truth, and the circumstances for his coming out were not ideal. I am not 100% sure myself. But the best course of action is not to kill him outright.
Adele wrote:Winter has guaranteed her* sanity (as I understand it)
W!nt3r has claimed to be Gareth, a potentially paranoid/insane character, and has admitted so himself. Sanity is no guarantee. I do believe he is a cop of
some
sort, as he had little to gain by coming out so early, had he been scum. There is also the fact that he did not research his character until his sanity was brought into doubt... not sure whether that's a good sign or not, depends on how you read it.

Anyway, as far as we know, W!nt3r's investigation does not tell us kirby's affiliation. Nothing's changed. Given these circumstances, I am not inclined to lynch kirby, nor do I think Adele is cleared. A name-claim might be helpful at this point.

*Oh and:
W!nt3r = male
wintergreen = female
:wink:
Too prolix!
wintergreen
wintergreen
Townie
wintergreen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (isolation #5) » Fri May 12, 2006 8:53 am

Post by wintergreen »

Okay, that's 6 votes. Hopefully we'll let Adele speak again before anyone hammers, because lynching someone with a Questionable Content Faye avatar makes me feel spiritual unease and makes kittens cry.

That said, I still think she's guilty :wink:

@Max, do you have anything to say about what I mentioned earlier-- it's a little odd that you suggested there were only 2 scum, which is highly unlikely, and seemed anxious to disprove W!nt3r's claim when most people believed it. What was your intent there?
Too prolix!
wintergreen
wintergreen
Townie
wintergreen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (isolation #6) » Fri May 12, 2006 2:43 pm

Post by wintergreen »

Out of town for the weekend for a day or two. Don't replace me. Cheers!
Too prolix!
wintergreen
wintergreen
Townie
wintergreen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (isolation #7) » Tue May 16, 2006 7:00 am

Post by wintergreen »

We definitely made a mistake yesterday, but now we need to cut our losses.

vote kirbyphreak

Interesting that I was right to FOS Max. I need to observe a little more to see who else is suspicious.

@W!nt3r, your sanity is pretty much a fact now. Did you make an investigation last night, or have you already implied that with your last post? No need to answer if you got an innocent result, but otherwise it would be quite helpful.
Too prolix!
wintergreen
wintergreen
Townie
wintergreen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (isolation #8) » Tue May 16, 2006 7:02 am

Post by wintergreen »

Agh, didn't see that last post before I submitted. :oops:

unvote kirbyphreak

vote: Sentinel99
Too prolix!
wintergreen
wintergreen
Townie
wintergreen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #131 (isolation #9) » Sat May 20, 2006 6:20 pm

Post by wintergreen »

We might have a mafia roleblocker as well. W!nt3r still strikes me as paranoid cop, not scum. I should have realized that Gareth had to be paranoid and stuck by it, but under the circumstances it was pretty easy for the town to make a mistake, sorry Adele and kirby...
Too prolix!
wintergreen
wintergreen
Townie
wintergreen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (isolation #10) » Sun May 21, 2006 2:56 pm

Post by wintergreen »

This is pretty much heading into a speed lynch also. I still believe that though W!nt3r has caused some confusion for the town, he is more likely to be paranoid cop than scum. Furthermore, he was the first to find Max suspicious, and looking back over their dispute it's hard to see how he could be scum.
Too prolix!
wintergreen
wintergreen
Townie
wintergreen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (isolation #11) » Tue May 23, 2006 12:40 pm

Post by wintergreen »

Interesting turn of events...didn't see it coming but I guess we'll need to end this.

vote W!nt3r
Too prolix!
wintergreen
wintergreen
Townie
wintergreen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (isolation #12) » Thu May 25, 2006 10:26 pm

Post by wintergreen »

Ugh, this isn't good.

Of the five of us remaining, here is a list of who voted on each of the ill-fated lynches:

Day 1
Armlx, Sentinel and I voted Adele.
Pooky voted kirbyphreak.
logicticus did not vote.

Day 2
Sentinel, armlx, logicticus and Pooky voted kirbyphreak.
I voted kirby, changed to Sentinel (was confused by W!nt3r's results)

Day 3
Everyone here voted W!nt3r except logicticus, who didn't vote.

Conclusion: we are all gullible. It does appear that logicticus seems the most unwilling to bandwagon, which is usually a good sign.

How the scum voted, and any interactions:

Day 1: Max votes W!nt3r.
drake votes Adele, and seems to also disbelieve W!nt3r.
W!nt3r and I FOS Max.

Day 2: Max is nightkilled. drake does not do anything.

Day 3: drake does not do anything.

So that doesn't tell us too much either... augh... :x
Too prolix!
wintergreen
wintergreen
Townie
wintergreen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #159 (isolation #13) » Sat May 27, 2006 3:04 pm

Post by wintergreen »

We might be in lynch or lose if there is one mafia and one SK remaining.

Mass claim might help if someone's claim seems less believable than the others. We've already lost our doc so at least that eliminates the risk of exposing them.
Too prolix!
wintergreen
wintergreen
Townie
wintergreen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #166 (isolation #14) » Wed May 31, 2006 1:16 pm

Post by wintergreen »

I guess we are at a loss for ideas and maybe NL is a viable option. The chances look decent, though I'm a little worried about the worst-case scenario. Mass claim is probably more risky at this point though.

Sorry for inactivity, I've been rather busy. :oops:
Too prolix!
wintergreen
wintergreen
Townie
wintergreen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (isolation #15) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:26 pm

Post by wintergreen »

Ok... the odds are decent for town I guess.

Being innocent myself (of course :wink: ), I should be careful with this. It seems armlx and Pooky have voted the same on several occasions. Primary differences:

Day 1: Pooky defends Adele's innocence, believing W!nt3r's claim, while armlx believes kirbyphreak and votes for Adele. Both are right yet wrong...

Day 4: Pooky advocates NL; armlx advocates mass claim.

But the crucial thing is:

Day 3: armlx responding to W!nt3r, who says his action was blocked:
armlx wrote:BTW, I think it was a mass block effect. I was blocked too....
This could have been a clever way to suggest he has a power role. Most power roles are dead by this point though...

The mass block does indeed seem to have been in effect Night 3, as neither the SK or mafia made a kill. It may be due to a second roleblocker or a weird character effect. We don't seem to have a vig (or have a particularly quiet one).

What do we make of all this? armlx, any thoughts from you about the quote above, or a claim, would be appreciated.
Too prolix!
wintergreen
wintergreen
Townie
wintergreen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (isolation #16) » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:55 am

Post by wintergreen »

I am Stuart Foot, townie. He's a fairly minor character but I'm sure obscure roles are given out to make things more interesting. ;)

I do believe armlx, so that leaves Pooky, who has been pretty helpful with the stats and such, but probably as a way to gain credibility. The push for NL could have ended up working in the scum's favor, so he took a risk. And his defense of Adele must also have helped him look more innocent, and there was no significant cost to him to do so.

So, sorry, I don't believe the "Pooky Guarantee of Innocence". Even if it involves supping on cantaloupes and honeydew :mrgreen:

About myself... I was the first to suggest W!nt3r might have been Gareth, in an attempt to get the town to not lynch poorly or rush to conclusions. For the most part I have been trying to help figure things out, but as we know, a lot of things went wrong for the town...

Ultimately, armlx's innocence is the most convincing, so it's all up to you. Good luck...

I might not be on much for the next day or so, but I'll try to answer questions/inquiries/unfounded accusations. :)
Too prolix!
wintergreen
wintergreen
Townie
wintergreen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #186 (isolation #17) » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:57 am

Post by wintergreen »

But I already did... :P
Too prolix!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”