Mini 393- Vegas Showgirls- Game Over! Showgirls Win!

Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:03 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

vote: Adele

First alphabetically. Absolutely nothing to do with any other games we've played together. No sir.
M4yhem - "IH loves donking his splourney in public places. He likes it most when little old ladies and school children are nearby, because then he also show off his crot."
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #1) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:32 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

I'm not sure that anything that's been said is reason for a lynch.

But discussion is always good.

This stood out for me, though:
ogre wrote:
FOS: ubertimmy

This is now the second time that he has tried to quick lynch someone with little or no reasoning.
unvote, vote: ubertimmy
- first genuine piece of scumminess I can put my finger on.
M4yhem - "IH loves donking his splourney in public places. He likes it most when little old ladies and school children are nearby, because then he also show off his crot."
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:45 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

Lucresia.. I thought I recognized your nick. :)

I'm still waiting for Harry Potter mafia... grr!!!!

While we're waiting for everyone to come back, can I just say that my ubertimmy vote is not an assertion that he's scum. My comment about his statement being 'the first genuine bit of scumminess' was more an assertion that I didn't like any of the other alleged scumtells that were doing the rounds at that point.

I'm certainly not angling for his lynch at this point!
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:37 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

Andy... just read the posts, yeah?

If you want to lynch me, go ahead, but at least read the damn thread for yourself. :roll:
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:31 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

evilandy wrote:Adele, of course you can chime in whenever you wish. Just don't expect thanks for it. Especially after a spate of "unhelpful posts" from you followed by you accussing me of not reading the thread when it seems pretty obvious to me that it was you that hadn't actually done so (my posts at least).

And you answering Sailor Jerry's questions for him is not going to help him. He seems boxed into a corner ("If you want to lynch me, go ahead, but at least read the damn thread for yourself") and I want to see if he is a man or a mouse and whether he comes out squeeking...

Still waiting Sailor Jerry...
Dude... it was Page 2. Ubertimmy seemed to jump on Totem a little fast. Back then, it was the scummiest thing I'd seen in the thread. But it was PAGE TWO. However, the thread has moved on, out of the initial play-voting stage and (as I've said!) I'm not still maintaining that it's anything like the scummiest thing in this thread now.

From your 'man or mouse' comment, I'm not entirely sure what you expected. I'm not retracting my statement, but I think you need to look at it in the appropriate light, bearing in mind the point in the game at which it was made.
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:03 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

evilandy wrote:Ok Sailor Jerry, I'll buy your explanation
Gee thanks. What a relief. I thought you'd uncovered my scummy strategy. :roll:

Adele... has Aelyn had
opportunity
to post?
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:25 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

Lurker hunting is always a good idea. But at least BrizzyBoi's explained why he's not been posting. I say we go after one of the people who's given no such explanation.

Ogre has hardly posted anything of note, while Totem started off posting a reasonable amount, until the spotlight turned on him, at which point when he went silent. Worse still, he's posted in four separate threads on this site in the meantime. I'd be happier with one of these than BrizzyBoi.
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #7) » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:34 pm

Post by Sailor Jerry »

"Go ahead and lynch me" was a challenge, pointing out the idiocy of andy's argument.

Nobody was supporting him - not even Adele, and she always thinks I'm scum :)
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:17 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

I have to agree that I think the idea of wagoning Totem for FOSing everyone is a but silly. Adele's right that it's nonsensical and petulant, but if that's a scumtell then I'm probably scum in every game I'm in :)

I agree that actively attempting to cast suspicion on everyone is scummy, but a line like "FOS: everybody" cannot really be taken seriously.

unvote, vote: Glork
. For making mountains from molehills.
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:22 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

I thought I'd posted in this yesterday... anyway... my post was something along the lines of...

Please remind me why I'm scum again because I can't be bothered to trawl through all your witterings ;)
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:52 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

unvote, vote: evilandy

Baseless bandwagons are dangerous and distract attention away from the job at hand (as you've already pointed out).

Witch-hunting at the expense of encouraging a fuller discussion is just downright scummy.

I know that being an ass is more likely to get me lynched than doing anything scummy... But I do get bugged by towns who go after a single player rather than examining all the options... It only ends in unanimous agreement, a lynch of that player and absolutely nothing to go on the next day. All it means is that you start Day 2 in exactly the same place as Day 1, a power role down and most likely about to make the same mistake again.

Seriously though... if someone can remind me what I did, I'll do my best to explain it. Although in all likelihood, it was just the same randomness/laziness that always gets me into trouble :)
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:51 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

evilandy wrote: And in the space of 2 posts and no extra votes you have gone from
"Please remind me why I'm scum again because I can't be bothered to trawl through all your witterings"
to
"Seriously though... if someone can remind me what I did, I'll do my best to explain it."

Another suspicous little U-turn - a dangerous manouver that often topples baseless bandwagoners.
Yeah that is an incredible piece of scumhunting. I've gone from "Remind me what I did" to "Remind me what I did". The cracks are really starting to show here.
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #12) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:20 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

Adele wrote:If you wanna defend yourself, you have everything you need right there in the thread - and it's not everyone
else's
job to trawl through and summarise it for you.
I don't have any special desire to defend myself, in all honesty. I tend to find it easier to just claim. I'm happy to do this in due course. I'd do it now, but experience tells me that this doesn't tend to abate the angry mob, and I'm better off waiting. At least this way the lurkers have to at least
, even if you're preventing the idea of them being placed under any pressure :)

I think that in situations like this, where there's really no base to a bandwagon, it's a useful exercise to ask to have the reasons summarized.

The main reason for doing this is because you've all actually forgotten why you're voting me, and are now just doing so from the lack of any other viable option. Asking for a summary would bring home to you all exactly how shaky this bandwagon is.

And beware the peril of voting a player because you don't like his attitude! It doesn't make him scum!
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #13) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:30 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

Adele - please don't quote me out of context.

I'm telling you that you'll find it a useful exercise to sum up the accusations against me. You'll discover that there wasn't really anything there in the first place.

I'm also telling you that the most useful thing for the town is to cast a wide net and put pressure on more people - as even evilandy appears to be doing. I suppose tenacity is admirable, but don't be blind to other possibilities. Is this a recurring trait in your mafia playing?

Again, I'd politely point out that I think the main reason you're driving my wagon so hard is that you don't like my attitude, rather than the fact that you think I'm scum. Consider whether that's smart play, and whether it meets the "high standards" that this forum apparently demands.

You may even find that my suggestions could be useful were I not forced onto the defensive by people pointlessly campaigning for my lynch, without even entertaining any other possibilities.

unvote, vote: ubertimmy
. This is exactly the sort of lurking that Adele's behavior encourages. ubertimmy's been active in other games I've been in, and is obviously taking advantage of the fact that so few people are required to contribute to this game. This is called lurking, and it's a genuine scumtell.

These are the things we SHOULD be looking for. Let's get on with it.
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #14) » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:02 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

ubertimmy wrote:Totem voters! Sailor Jerry voters! Lend me your ears!

It has become apparent to me that
both
Totem and Sailor Jerry are scum!

See here how Totem fishes:
Totem wrote: I still think the main question we should ask is:
Why somebody wanted to quickly kill Twito?
Somebody used a powerful ability to either stop Twito from doing something or to create confusion and cover something we are missing in the thread. Ubertimmy was the last one to disagree with Twito, but it doesn't look to me as a reason to kill. Maybe it's a delayed kill as Adele stated.
Here is where Sailor Jerry covers his scumbuddies tracks.
Sailor Jerry wrote:I have to agree that I think the idea of wagoning Totem for FOSing everyone is a but silly. Adele's right that it's nonsensical and petulant, but if that's a scumtell then I'm probably scum in every game I'm in :)

I agree that actively attempting to cast suspicion on everyone is scummy, but a line like "FOS: everybody" cannot really be taken seriously.

unvote, vote: Glork
. For making mountains from molehills.
Based on this and previous evidence, I suggest we lynch one of these fellows posthaste.

I, personally, lean towards Totem being the first lynch, however I am not against a Sailor Jerry lynch.

As to the question of other scumbuddies, I cannot currently say. Perhaps only time will tell.
Anyone who thinks this post made ubertimmy
less
scummy needs to go and find those other forums of Adele's... the ones with the lower standards in scumhunting...
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (isolation #15) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:29 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

Much as I'd love to deflect my wagon onto an easier target, I think you're barking up the wrong tree with Totem.

I think lurker hunting is an excellent idea. If nothing else, it promotes discussion so we have something to base night choices on and something to discuss tomorrow. Otherwise, if we lynch wrong, we have squat.
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #16) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:12 pm

Post by Sailor Jerry »

I love the fact that not only am I scum, but everyone who doesn't jump on my bandwagon fast enough is now scum too :)

You guys sure are mafia geniuses :)
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #17) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:34 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

I think it's early to claim, but since I feel we've already learned a lot about people and since we're on a deadline, you may as well have it.

I am Kat Turner, Mother of two, daughter of a ex-showgirl, star at the Golden Nugget and a roleblocker to boot.

Any questions?
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (isolation #18) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:39 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

Target last night?
None obv.
Flavor for being able to roleblock?
I can coerce one other member of the town into babysitting while I sleep. And yes, I know this is lame. But I didn't write it.
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #19) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:43 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

Have you changed details from your role claim that explains these things, and if so what exactly?
And no, I paraphrased my PM but in essence I've included just what was there.

If the town is still dead set on my lynch, then I'm happy to discuss this further. Although I'd suggest that we should avoid discussion of the format of role PMs in case we can use it to catch out a phoney scum claim later on.
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (isolation #20) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:01 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

I cannot believe that it still hasn't dawned on you that this bandwagon is a whole lot of nothing.
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (isolation #21) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:14 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

Anything I say is just going to be interpreted as part of a scummy plan, so just form a bandwagon and I'll jump on it.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”