Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (isolation #0) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:08 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

/Egopost as part of The Grim Reaper account, catching up today or tomorrow.
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:15 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 241, Paschendale wrote:
I don't disagree that JKLM is also a good choice
, especially looking back now and seeing a complete lack of anything useful. But I'd rather lynch people for what they do say than what they don't say this early in the game.

That said, JKLM, your ice is getting thinner. We won't wait forever.
This reeks of scum-scum interaction.
Especially the bolded part. Don't think there's a more roundabout way to express an opinion on someone.

GG
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:15 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 307, AngryPidgeon wrote:I don't see how an overreaction on Pasch's part makes him a little bitch, especially if you are maintaining that his overreaction is some form of scum-flail
The little bitch-comment was not very relevant to the game to begin with, don't get why you emphasize this so much.

I said he was talking like a little bitch because of the "Fun fact: Not everyone has your mannerisms", because it comes with a certain aura of cynicism especially prevalent in bitches. Given the earlier display of disdain for my first catch-up post, I couldn't help but feel myself in the following situation: Imagine 2 girls getting ready for a show, one girl saying to the other "You should do something about your hair." and the other responding "Not everyone has your wonderful curls."

That's how it read to me, that's what I commented on.

While my comment of him being a bitch is game irrelevant, my comment of him talking like scum isn't. The comment shows annoyance first and foremost, annoyance with me and what I'm saying. Only, his way of dealing with it is a bitchy comment, taking it on the emotional plane in one breath. Suddenly this isn't about him being scummy or not, it's about me being so self-centered that I consider everyone not beaving like me scum. That's scummy in my eyes. Town's dealing with it would be different.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:04 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 307, AngryPidgeon wrote:Ok, well either actively or subconsciously you are still looking for and acquiring townreads. I dont see why the distinction is incredibly important.
I said in 305 it was not important. I explained it to you. Where are you getting this "incredibly important"-idea? If you're pulling it out of your ass I'd appreciate it if you shove it back up there. IT IS NOT IMPORTANT! It deals with subtleties, in this case the subtlety is the little ammount of extra value of a townread that has come to you compared to a townread you've been looking for. The butterfly that comes to rest on your shoulder is more beautiful than the one pinned down on a cushion in a little glass cage.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (isolation #4) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:42 am

Post by Grimgroove »

?
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (isolation #5) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:23 am

Post by Grimgroove »

I'm laughing out loud.

The man is either a genius or an idiot.

Either town or scum.

I really hope for your sake you're town :p
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (isolation #6) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:46 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Summary, just have been through a whirlpool of thoughts.

I'm very conflicted on different reads right now.

JKLM reads scummy to me. I don't buy his plan. Normally if these was such a plan, I'd think it somehow shine through his earlier posts once you know it was part of a plan. But it doesn't.

But then Angry Pidgeon gives me pause. He's been pushing for a JKLM-lynch hard, a reason why I was actually liking Pidgeon. But on the other hand he's been actively supporting Paschendale by interfering in my discussions with him in the most unhelpful way imaginable, and he's been buddying up to Majiffy. Hard. Ever since the start. I don't know MAjiffy that well, but given he loves himself so much, I wouldn't be surprised if he's prone to loving people who love him, thus prone to be the victim of buddying.

Paschendale reads like scum, not a lot of conflict there.

Belisarius I'd like to see more of, there's not that much to go with apart from a catch-up post that is lacking in detail and consistency, but it can't e easy catching up on this game so it could be due to that. But I'm not liking his last post, as it ignored quite crucial events such as JKLM's "plan" and flying beauties call for lynching Belisarius.

Splintered Cell needs to get back inhere.

Not touching Darthe now. Going to trust him for now given all the scumreads I already have.

Oh and Varsoon?

*farts*

So much for my Sunday activity. Been a pleasure.

GG
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (isolation #7) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:51 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 420, Belisarius wrote:Does town-AP typically avoid using contractions the way he has been doing in this game?
Are you talking about this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contraction_(grammar)

No idea why you would notice such a thing in the first place.
Doesn't the fact you seemed to notice something in this regard already tell you enough?
How is grammar alignment indicative?

GG
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (isolation #8) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:54 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 420, Belisarius wrote:>> Posts a list comprised almost entirely of townreads and not-willing-to-lynch-today reads
>> Votes the only one on the list not towntelling
>> Is odd

well done.
Point granted to you, dear sir. Upon a re-read of your catch-up I must admit I was wrong when it comes to the inconsistency.

Then again, given the JKLM-wagon it's pretty clear that this is a lynch-wagon. Given the only read you gave on him is: hard to read right now, don't you think the more logical course of action would be to question him rather than pose questions about AP's grammar, putting a vote down on JKLM at the same time and apparently making him your only option for a lynch today?

GG
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (isolation #9) » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:22 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 459, Paschendale wrote:Why would scum not use contractions? This
does not
make sense that someone would give themselves away in manner that is so subtle but so obvious at the same time.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

GG
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (isolation #10) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:15 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Voice? I can't hear a voice. I only hear the gargling of what I can only assume is bullshit, coming out of the back of your throat.

Graaghrghraaghraaghrl.

Don't bother pretending you're offended. You know full well you have been of no use in this game.

GG
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (isolation #11) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:35 am

Post by Grimgroove »

:(
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (isolation #12) » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:35 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 894, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:YEY NACHO.

Also angelmollie: reason?
The worry in EtL's quivering voice is clear, yet she makes a point of making this worry only a secondary element, after the welcoming of a player who replaces in (or didn't).

This reaction has led me to now investigate EtL's ISO.

BRB

GG
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #925 (isolation #13) » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:38 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Hey Guyett! Cool, I didn't know we could both be logged on to this account simultanuously :mrgreen:

Let's play a round of good cop, bad cop with Angry Pidgeon. I want to be the good cop because I can't pull off being the other one.

GG
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (isolation #14) » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:43 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 922, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 920, The Grim Reaper wrote:because for some batshit reason both pasch and varsoon can't be town
I never said that. And I would describe my attitude to you as "polite" today because I'm learning that rage walls are anti-town recently.

You trying to paint that as me knowing you to be town is pretty bizarre.

came very close to you saying that though. You said Paschendale doesn't read town in himself, said you thought Varsoon was scum according to you, and that you liked the way Paschendale interacted with Varsoon. This boils down to you townreading Paschendale because you don't see him as a possible scumbuddy of Varsoon. Guyett's summary might be a bit "in your face", but it is what it boils down to.

About you treating us as town: this is more than you just being polite (though that is also much appreciated, manners are underrated these days :mrgreen: ). You treat us as town through the way you want "to run things by us". The way you want to explain to us why you considered Varsoon's reaction a scummy one. These are just a few examples, but the feeling I have is undeniable: you think we're town, yet for some reason you don't state it.

GG
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #965 (isolation #15) » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:23 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Pages 37 and 38.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (isolation #16) » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:28 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 901, AngryPidgeon wrote:Town: Beauties, Majiffy, EtL, Pasch, Buck
In post 905, AngryPidgeon wrote: Truth be told, I really need to pay more attention to you, pasch, and darthe. Kinda murky middle of people I don't know what to make of.
In post 950, AngryPidgeon wrote:Grim/Pasch/Cat would make a lot of sense as a scumteam.

GG
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1020 (isolation #17) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:50 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Stop doing that!
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1332 (isolation #18) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:13 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2046 (isolation #19) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:41 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

Could you self-vote please? I realize you have no interest in bringing this game forward, but you are not being as entertaining as you think you are and are just postponing the inevitable in a slightly obnoxious fashion.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2047 (isolation #20) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:41 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

I would like a drink though!
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2145 (isolation #21) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:03 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

My theory is that the cyclist that pushed aside Dr. Watson plays an important part in Sherlock's mysterious non-death.

GG
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2150 (isolation #22) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:07 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

I find him appalingly ugly, but his voice makes up for everything.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2244 (isolation #23) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:55 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Lies.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2245 (isolation #24) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:57 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 1052, Majiffy wrote:
In post 1049, Thor665 wrote:Are we going to discuss reads *now* then?
Because this feels weak.
It is weak. He was buddying me early-game and frankly until Grim started pointing out some serious discrepancies I've been reading him as town. You know how I do when people rub my buttons.

This is my current town-core:
{Buck, Beauties, Grim, Beli, Thor}

I'm open to hanging elsewhere.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2341 (isolation #25) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:03 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 2339, Belisarius wrote:
In post 2336, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:But you didnt know jiffy was conf town...
Yeah, I missed that. I'm old for my age.

VOTE: No Lynch

Mathematically, it makes sense. Scum pretty much have kill me tonight, this way you go into lylo with a massive red herring removed and keep Jiffy.

I'll be watching Jiffy, so if they were to shoot him, I'll have a watcher guilty and then it's 1v1, and a 50% chance of hitting scum is a better chance than we'd have otherwise.
I like this idea.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2391 (isolation #26) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:24 am

Post by Grimgroove »

:mrgreen:
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2404 (isolation #27) » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:00 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 2402, Belisarius wrote:Not when my role PM explicitly warns me that the scum know there's a watcher in the game. Not "somehow know," but "know because the mod told them as part of the setup"
I find this extremely difficult to believe.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2477 (isolation #28) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:10 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

Never would have lynched Lying Cat. Good game scum.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2482 (isolation #29) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:28 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

I enjoyed this game as well, despite my current disappointment I did see the loss coming ever since the Paschendale-flip. It broke my spirit, motivation and self-confidence and I knew that push on them was going to be used against us in the long run. The Thor-lynch was the second mistake but already a result of certain demotivation from my side.

Guyett, really enjoyed hydraing with you. Our styles are quite different but that's exactly what makes it interesting.

Majiffy, no hard feelings, not going to put all the blame on you (and neither will Guyett as soon as he calmed down), but it IS rather frustrating to try to convince you of something you already had convinced yourself of. I stil lthink my interactions with AP spoke for themselves but meh, bygones.

And again good game to the entire scumteam, but Lying Cat in particular. Save a short moment of doubt I'm certain I never would have voted them over xreckoner or Beli.

I do kind of feel stupid as my faulty reads were apparently the basis for most mislynches, but I tried and ETL's kind words made up for it! :mrgreen:

And thanks Antihero, already looking forward to your next game.

GG
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2485 (isolation #30) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:25 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

Yeah, town mislynches and I've done that before but the conviction I had was extremely strong on the Paschendale-slot. After mastin's entrance it really did feel like we couldn't lose this game, and then...we did.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2556 (isolation #31) » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:35 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 2549, sthar8 wrote:It's not an altslip. Like anti and AA9 before her, purple has finally become one with The Mollie.

Relax, and set your consciousness adrift on the sea of Mollie.

It has always been Mollie.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2568 (isolation #32) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:39 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 2565, Thor665 wrote:I honestly think Grimm was the only player pro-town enough to even try to have the conversation with me.
I wubbed you back then!
I'm still very sorry I simply discarded my townread on you and Varsoon so easily during day 3. I think it was my biggest mistake in MS history so far. I can live with having faulty reads, like I did on Paschendale, but voting someone despite brain and gut telling you the person you're voting for is town, is unforgivable. That statement about herpaderp after a guilty-claim is very true and it's something that's not going to happen to me again I hope. One lesson learned.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”