Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:13 pm

Post by Generic »

In post 8, Guy_Named_Riggs wrote:
VOTE: Generic

Why throw away that?
Because of what I picked up instead.

And I think that's your game in throwing that out there like that.

vote guy named riggs
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:15 pm

Post by Generic »

Btw, there is an odd number of lovers on that reject list, shouldn't it be an even number?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (isolation #2) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:19 am

Post by Generic »

I do love the fishing attempts for my role.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:38 am

Post by Generic »

In post 22, T S O wrote:It's not rolefishing because I'm not asking for your role. I'm asking why the fuck you threw away Town RB, an amazing role.
Oh so when you received the list you were told alignment to them too were you? I had simply 'roleblocker', a role sinonimous with scum. I didn't want to be scum, and found a great role to select anyway.

And to keep asking why I binned the tole is to ask what I could have rated higher, so role fishing.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:17 am

Post by Generic »

In post 26, T S O wrote:Roleblocker, in a green colour. And you thought it was synonymous with scum, despite a green colour and you no doubt getting a different alignment card, with a non-green colour.

There are so many fallacies in your explanation.
Are you a total moron or just playing a gambit?

Three roles in my pm, none coloured, none aligned.

Pure guesses for alignment. I chose a role almost always town for alignment and was right, and chose a role which I considered better than roleblocker.
Roleblocker can hinder a town or if aimed wrong, I chose a passive ability.

So carry on trying to sell my comments as wrong, cos I'm pretty sure we all got three non alignment indicated and non coloured roles to choose from.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (isolation #5) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:18 am

Post by Generic »

*a town pr if aimed wrong
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (isolation #6) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:22 am

Post by Generic »

I used watcher card for alignment.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:43 am

Post by Generic »

Desp, do you know how much more work is involved to be scum?

There is a reason I am 100% successful on mafiascum so far as mafia, I have a lot of things I need to do to ensure I survive and ultimately win. As town im free to just scumhunt. And with the role I chose it should be useful to that.
I have lost only 2 games on mafiascum, both were as town and both saw me not see in day 2. So clearly im of some value to a win, and I need to improve the town record, so lets get this done.

BTW, in these sort of games is there in value in analysing the discarded cards? I look at some binning clear scum roles, would that signify a stronger chance of town or has anyone seen more than one scum card dealt to a player in the past?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (isolation #8) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:46 am

Post by Generic »

Oh, forgot to mention im in 8 games across 2 sites :D that's a factor in my desire to make my life easier.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (isolation #9) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:57 am

Post by Generic »

Nice, so that saves me pissing in the wind there and wasting time.

Behaviourally I have issues with guyett, T S O, and JKLM... a little of that is gut but they are all over keen and I cannot ignore the interaction between JKLM and T S O... and guyett has felt a little forced with his 'surprise' over roles i in particular didn't select.

I need to narrow that down to a single best option though.

PEDIT: My argument is what?

Why would i be petitioning for survival? if you guys decide to lynch me that's on you, im merely answering desps question. Nice misrep attempt though toasty.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (isolation #10) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:59 am

Post by Generic »

Oh, and are you the person called toastboy on MTGS?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (isolation #11) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:19 pm

Post by Generic »

Well this game is stalling.

You guys set the time in RVS by making votes and opinion based on the discard pile, now we are about to analyse the alignment pile...

Behaviourally I have two or three I'm watching that I think I mentioned, and guyett seems to want to position himself in a controlling position. A lot of null elements too which if I wasn't keen to avoid putting wifom into the thread I would retail as being very swingy on the agenda behind them.

Having said that though he is one of the few proactive players of the day phase so that earns him done town credit for sure.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (isolation #12) » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:48 am

Post by Generic »

Which part LL?
The part where he clearly read things he needs to address as he acknowledges them, the part where he then goes on to write pointless detail even though he has no time to respond, or the whole thing which is a fluffy prod dodge?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (isolation #13) » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:36 am

Post by Generic »

DAMN YOU GUYETT!

Ah well.

Just a warning guys my activity will be reduced so I'm likely to only post as much as the rest of you going forwards ;)

Who are the top three wagons here? I have my list so if anyone from that is a potential wagon I have a winner for the vote.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (isolation #14) » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:50 am

Post by Generic »

I'm struggling to get into the flow of this. I've been put on edge by people suggesting I made a bad call on what I didn't choose for a role.

What's the case against JKLM again?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (isolation #15) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:06 am

Post by Generic »

It might just be me but this game has felt disjointed. The idea of bringing up alignment cards I could see the theoretical value, but it's served to create ammo for some to attack others just on their choices...

Anyway, this is more a prod dodge than anything else, I still haven't seen a firm reason for the JKLM wagon.
Lady L has been aggressive but that doesn't seem out if the norm. Guyett I'm back and forth with but his willingness to at least try and keep this game with a flow seems to point more towards town play.

I dunno.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (isolation #16) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:56 pm

Post by Generic »

Desperado, Ankamius, guy named Riggs.... All minimal posters.

I'm pitching at least one is the lurky scum.

Generally I have found at least one lurky scum and one over active scum in any team. The over active are generally the ones who draw fire first cos they give more content to scrutinise, but with a game this disjointed I'm focusing on the other end of the spectrum.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (isolation #17) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:26 am

Post by Generic »

In post 141, zakk wrote:
In post 140, Desperado wrote:
In post 138, Generic wrote:Desperado, Ankamius, guy named Riggs.... All minimal posters.

I'm pitching at least one is the lurky scum.

Generally I have found at least one lurky scum and one over active scum in any team. The over active are generally the ones who draw fire first cos they give more content to scrutinise, but with a game this disjointed I'm focusing on the other end of the spectrum.
What separates us three from the other 5 who aren't posting?
I don't like how
immediately
defensive this is.

Vote: Desperado
Totally disagree with that assessment. Desperado asked a perfectly valid question. To be defensive would have been to argue why he isn't scum when all I had done was highlight three people with only 4 posts or so.

Why the knee jerk vote Zakk?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (isolation #18) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:34 am

Post by Generic »

Oh, and to answer the question desp, I hadn't realised some hadn't posted at all. But there is a difference between lurky scum and an inactive, hence why I merely at this stage identified three who had the potential.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (isolation #19) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:06 am

Post by Generic »

In a three man team the over active or the lurker sub as the bus when required, and as you say more often than not the blender is the third. Never mentioned the blender because unless we get a good night action or they get caught in too elaborate a lie they aren't found out for a few days when PoE starts to come into play.

It's all theoretical but mafia is a fAme of psychology snd the best mafia teams are a balance of those elements. Get an imbalance and that's the mafia team that falls apart.

I was once in a team with two lurkys, they were done in the first two lynches. I was left alone and had to shift from over active to blender... Endgamed but got undone by hammering the super saint :(
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (isolation #20) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:22 am

Post by Generic »

If I was mafia you wouldn't know about it ;)

That's why I'm town, the amount if ridiculous early suspicion on me over choices I made can only be mafia driven, because the arguement sucks. You cannot assume someone is mafia for binning the watcher role and the roleblocker role. Simple logic states both would have benefited a mafia team as much as town, even moreso a mafia team. The fact I chose brother is null so those pressing a case of scum are clearly desperate for a case to mislynch.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (isolation #21) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:23 am

Post by Generic »

*the fact I chose ANOTHER...
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (isolation #22) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:54 pm

Post by Generic »

Sorry, hydra slipped...
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (isolation #23) » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:19 am

Post by Generic »

A note to the mod and all players:

I shall be V/LA for the next few days as it my daughters birthday. I shall return in due course, but as I'm sure you are aware some things are far more important. :)
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (isolation #24) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:14 pm

Post by Generic »

Zakk concerns me. But I can't tell if they are new and just want to keep posting SOMETHING or they are fishing for mud to sling.

Toasty is so adorable with his route one scumhunting. Either that or he fears the role I actually have and is trying to go what a few others tried earlier in the game. Either way I wish him all the best there.

Beyond that I'm still catching up, will try to focus a few reads on players when I have more time than just the skim read
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (isolation #25) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:03 am

Post by Generic »

TSO, at this point I think uncreative town because I think he is better at mafia than that. I might be wrong and the stop start nature of this game has caused him to try and pull such a lame gambit... I just want to give him a little more credit.

So uncreative town would be my answer.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (isolation #26) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:49 am

Post by Generic »

To sty , it's a football term (real football, what you lot call soccer ;) ) referring to when a team takes the 'route one' option and the goalkeeper kicks it straight up to the striker who collects and takes a shot.

Basically, the full simplistic way of trying to suspect someone. You may think its a brilliant accusation, but it's a little bit lazy really.

I am sorry for being patronising though, that was unfair of me.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (isolation #27) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:42 pm

Post by Generic »

The only reason I suggest it's lazy is because you pointed it out yourself I think I am a very self aware player. Over 60 mafia games in the bag across three sites.

I know my general meta although I'm considered unreadable (not a hour thing, I fair better as scum because as town I let my emotional play take over) and I know most of the language tells, tone tells and tactical tells of scum and town.

So for me to wifom so blatantly with the wink (which is also a tell more associated to someone under wagon pressure or steering focus from a teammate IMO) would be rather shoddy of me. Not that you are wrong to point it out, my contempt for that case against me though is reflected in how shit I would have to be playing to do it.

But this is a ride track, if you have an actual case against me I happy to hear it, otherwise I think we need to get things happening here.

How many inactives do we have now?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (isolation #28) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:45 pm

Post by Generic »

Try that again without the shit grammar:

The only reason I suggest it's lazy is because you pointed it out yourself I think, I am a very self aware player. Over 60 mafia games in the bag across three sites.

I know my general meta although I'm considered unreadable (not a good thing, I fair better as scum because as town I let my emotional play take over sometimes) and I know most of the language tells, tone tells and tactical tells of scum and town.

So for me to wifom so blatantly with the wink (which is also a tell more associated to someone under wagon pressure or steering focus from a teammate IMO) would be rather shoddy of me. Not that you are wrong to point it out, my contempt for that case against me though is reflected in how shit I would have to be playing to do it.

But this is a side track, if you have an actual case against me I am happy to hear it, otherwise I think we need to get things happening here.

How many inactives do we have now?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (isolation #29) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:53 am

Post by Generic »

In post 194, Minions wrote:Zakk keeps on pinging that scumdar.

vote zakk
*sigh*

That's from me.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (isolation #30) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:44 am

Post by Generic »

Sorry, bloody hydra slipping AGAIN!
In post 200, penguin_alien wrote:
In post 157, penguin_alien wrote:TSO, did you actually wonder if Guyett was town or scum when you made the proxy vote reaction test? Because he's been looking pretty town to me even before that.
Can you answer this, please?
In post 192, Skelda wrote:And also, I think that if there is scum on him, it is one of the last three to jump on it, probably Desp or TT. The essence of their argument seems to be that he wouldn't push how much he wouldn't pick scum as town, and knowing him, he would.
This game looks like town-Desperado so far, so if you're right I'd put my money on TT being scum by default. But his ISO isn't super-scum, besides pushing on Generic. And Generic's talking about how he wouldn't do things he's doing as scum is red flag-city even if it's likely a town mindset, if only because scum is unlikely to put a target on themselves by claiming to have tossed such high-caliber PRs.

Not sure about zakk; even the GNR questioning looks more like newb-making conversation.

Hermy, why do you say you don't want a JKLM wagon? Because he said he didn't like being scum elsewhere?
I like this post, and it has put in a language I understand what I'm guessing was toastys point.

I take it back toasty, you had a valid point in your pressure on me. I'm still town, but it was my ego posting that was the issue rather than you being lazy or unoriginal.

Penguin, if you had two votes where you place them at this stage?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (isolation #31) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:48 am

Post by Generic »

Screw it, let's see what this produces...

kill guyett
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (isolation #32) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:29 am

Post by Generic »

Wow, this game has given me my first ever prod!

And we have flow finally. Penguin you have salvaged the day twice now, well done.

No point in unvoting, there ain't a deadline and we already have someone with intent to hammer.

But I will place myself in the intent to hammer queue in case the current intended doesn't take the option and I am not satisfied with the claim...
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (isolation #33) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:06 am

Post by Generic »

I'm on Greenwich mean time too (I call it BST which I thought was British standard time but I will have to start saying GMT from now on)...

I'm on night shift though so will hammer if no response in the next 5 hours or so from GNR
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (isolation #34) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:03 am

Post by Generic »

But we also have a deadline lingering in about 5 hours so I wonder if the speed votes aren't a little motivated by the panic if the deadline.

Is a no lynch day likely to be better for us?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (isolation #35) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:25 am

Post by Generic »

In less than two hours I'm dropping the hammer, so if gnr hasn't popped by to comment by then I can't see the deadline waiting for him can you?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (isolation #36) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:16 pm

Post by Generic »

Just 45 minutes to go. That's it I'm afraid.

vote guy named riggs
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (isolation #37) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:54 pm

Post by Generic »

In post 282, Skelda wrote:Wait was that just a hammer? Talk about quicklynched out of nowhere. Regardless of the flip, I'm pretty sure at least one scum was on that wagon, it reeks of trying to save zakk to me.
In post 283, Skelda wrote:If it wasn't I'll vote.

VOTE: GNR. I feel like we need a lynch today.
Annnnnd skelda jumps to the top if my list of day 2 suspects...

Awful pair of posts.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (isolation #38) » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:14 am

Post by Generic »

In post 293, Minions wrote:Shouldn't the day have ended 2 days ago
FFS

That's me hydra slipping again
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (isolation #39) » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:17 am

Post by Generic »

If we ever get to the night in sure there will be information to be had and clarity on at least one alignment with the lynch.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (isolation #40) » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:24 am

Post by Generic »

Btw, I have messaged me flay on the admin team to ask what the procedure is here. It's been three days since deadline passed and I don't recall amrun posting a v/la...

So we will see what he says in response I guess.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (isolation #41) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:13 am

Post by Generic »

Tis a shame but cancelling was the best call. I would suggest some choose to run this setup again and invite those from this one for first choice on the places.

For reference guys, I went with bulletproof alien lover, but no one else chose alien lover to pair with me do I reverted to bulletproof town :p

Would have enjoyed teaming with someone, but nevermind.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (isolation #42) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:20 am

Post by Generic »

Told you guyett was scum.

I'm 50% on guyett now, the one time I day vigged him I was wrong :(
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (isolation #43) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:20 am

Post by Generic »

Honestly lam, who were you aiming for?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (isolation #44) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:24 am

Post by Generic »

So was there two scum factions? :o

I didn't have penguin as scum at this stage, so well played him/her initially at least.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (isolation #45) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:30 am

Post by Generic »

Before anyone reveals their team, can I ask if one of you had TSO in their team?

I will have to look back on the rest of the game for other guesses.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (isolation #46) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:32 am

Post by Generic »

Toasty was one of the others I was suspicious of looking at his interaction with me.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (isolation #47) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:32 am

Post by Generic »

Annnnd now looking at your QT link penguin I had suspicions of both your teammates :D
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (isolation #48) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:40 am

Post by Generic »

6 scum, and town had a vig and a bulletproof so far declared.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (isolation #49) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:20 am

Post by Generic »

Night phase was gonna be all hell breaking loose :p
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (isolation #50) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:42 am

Post by Generic »

Most active the game has been for weeks... And it's to share the setup :p

Can we get a game setup for this group of players please? I feel we lost out on something here.

Mafiascum admin, please consider this group to be dropped into a Coney Island game together...
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (isolation #51) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:10 am

Post by Generic »

In post 373, T S O wrote:this game

2 Serial Killers, a Vig, a 3-man WW team and a 3-man Mafia team

lol
And I was bulletproof! Lol. Good job really.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (isolation #52) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:11 am

Post by Generic »

In post 376, Unmasked Kit wrote:I'd be willing to run great idea mafia for you guys if there is interest (dunno how much I like greaterest, the original great idea seems more balanced)

You won't get everyone, but I'm up for joining as a pre in
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (isolation #53) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:12 am

Post by Generic »

And desp, as my mafiascum nemesis (you easily got the job with the fights we have had ;) ) you must be in it too :D
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (isolation #54) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:01 am

Post by Generic »

I get carried away. It's a personality flaw.

But I respect you a lot as a player and that largely stems from your encounters with me.

I know I'm not at all easy to deal with but you give as good as you get without relying on anyone else to back you up.

God forbid the day we share a scum team :D

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”