jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:30 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

Sorry for my absence, Meat world forced me away. I'm back and going to read thread now. I'll post my reads and comments when done.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:19 am

Post by jon_h61 »

So far there's not much to go on, but after reading through I do have some suspicions. A "tinfoil theory" if you will.

MafiaSSK (who has only four posts so far) starts out voting FakeGod, then switches over to me with enthusiasm.

After Fake asked a question about me and no other posts, yessiree switches from voting me to FakeGod. He then states his "tinfoil theory" in . Then with his next post he switches back to me. yessiree promptly switches back to me in which sounds a lot like scum guiding scum to me.

Up until last night, with the exception of , all their posts concerned me. All over one post. Then to top it off, after Fake asked for everyone's top three people they'd be willing to lynch , his list doesn't include me while still voting me.

I think we have a voting block of scum here. Which makes sense considering that it's this theory around here that scum have to spread their votes around.

So my top three I'm willing to lynch are MafisSSK, yessiree, and FakeGod. In that order.

VOTE: MafiaSSK
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:30 am

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 108, yessiree wrote:so everyone who voted you is suspicious, jon?
Did you read my post? Yes I'm suspicious of all three of you. But if you notice, I'm not suspicious of
everyone
who voted me.

If you do a three way ISO of the slots, you'll see that it goes down exactly as I said it did. It's a pretty damn suspicious way for a wagon to go down. I'm willing enough to believe at this early juncture that I'm willing to vote to lynch in the order I said. Is that clear?

Oh yeah. I can care less how loud or long someone yells OMGUS.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (isolation #3) » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:11 am

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 137, yessiree wrote:I was just poking you with a stick. stop reacting like I hit you with a truck.and wtf? "damn suspicious way for a wagon to go down"? Prior to the reset, your vote (which was salvaged) reeked of scum, and I was the first one to jump on it, then I voted Fakegod because he deliberately ignored your wagon as it was forming.knee-jerk reflex from scum at best.
How about you stating what makes the post scummy, instead of just blanketing it with "reeked of scum", and voting someone for not following your lead isn't suspicious at all?

Speaking of "knee-jerk scum reflex", that's exactly how I read
your
last post.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (isolation #4) » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:07 am

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 16, Rubicon wrote:
jon_h61 before the restart wrote:I love all these heartfelt arguments so far. We need to get a concensus on a lynch fairly quickly to keep our IC alive. If not catboi becomes a one shot vig after dying. Vigs are notorious for missing scum. I don't have any experience with catboi, so I'd rather keep him around for awhile.
I don't like this for a few reasons. If you think we need to get a consensus fairly quickly, why did you make no effort in this post to move us in that direction? Like, you mention the heartfelt arguments, but don't comment on any of them?
I missed this earlier, I had this last chance to post in all my games before I had to take a V/LA. I actually had one more post in this thread, and in it I announced my V/LA, but in my hurry I only previewed it and didn't get it sent. I didn't notice until I opened my laptop. I'd just shut the lid and left. By then it was too late. I wasn't anywhere near an internet connection (yes there are still some areas without it). I didn't get back until late Sunday night.

I honestly don't remember anything about the post beside announcing my V/LA. There wasn't really that much to comment on as the game was in such an early state, thus the "heartfelt arguments" joke.
In post 69, Rubicon wrote:Ehh. I don't like the way you're downplaying the early suspicion and wagons against TD/Jon/whoever. What do you think about TiphaineDeath's last few posts?
I'll ask you the same question I asked yessiree, please explain what's scummy, instead of just saying it is? I have a hard time taking anything serious when all that is said is something along the lines of "that's scummy". Seriously. If someone can't explain why something is scummy, it usually isn't.

As far as goes I'd suggest you read it again. It's a nice little conspiracy theory that I laid out step by step. I even left links to show where I was making my assumptions. If I need to, I'll try to make it even more concise for you, like a Reader's Digest version, if you want.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (isolation #5) » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:16 am

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 143, yessiree wrote:Also, it would be better if you could direct questions to specific ends, your post is a clusterfuck and very confusing to read.
What exactly are you asking for?

Just one line of text at a time? Would you rather have quotes, instead of links?

I'm not sure how to make things much simpler.

Then again, I don't need to convince you you're scum.

So there's that.

For some reason I didn't receive a pedit for the last three posts.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:36 am

Post by jon_h61 »

I announced it in another thread.

I came back to this thread. I reread it quickly, there wasn't that much to read.

I wrote up a post putting my V/LA request to 4nxi3ty.

I previewed it. I made sure there were no misspellings, etc.

I approved it, told my wife I was ready to go.

I shut the lid, in my rush to leave I failed to notice I hadn't sent it.

Much later, when I opened my laptop, the post jumped onto the screen.

I said "Oh shit!". Ask my wife, she was there.

I spent the rest of the time worrying about being replaced.

The rest is history.

I'm gonna be busy for a few hours, but after then, I'll be around all day and night.

pedit
I voted one of the people voting me, and expressed suspicions of two others.

It's common place around here to hear OMGUS when you even raise a question about someone who's voting you.

I was saying I didn't care if one of you three did.

The only way I'll know if I'm right or wrong is with flips.

I think my theory has more basis than a lot of the other things I've read in thread.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:17 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

VOTE: FakeGod

This is my compromise vote. If nothing else it'll help me firm up or reject my theory.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (isolation #8) » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:51 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

@ catboi What exactly do you like about MafiaSSK?

His ISO is pretty content less, almost a perfect example of active lurking.

If I were in your position, He'd be my shot.

I wish he were the lynch today. He has five posts, and I challenge anyone to show any actual content.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:25 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

@ FakeGod This is true, and I've never seen Fitz play this way. He may be a good shot.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (isolation #10) » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:37 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

I have a doctor's appointment at deadline (it's an all day deal),and I'd rather keep catboi around over hiplop.

Since he is closest to a lynch, I'll put my vote there.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: hiplop
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (isolation #11) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:39 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 22, TiphaineDeath wrote:John's post was scummy, yes's post was scummy, they ran at super counter purpose, I think they might have been aimed at each other, don't quite remember. Made sense at the time.
It'd be great to have our Three Kings give a summary brief of their reads of the other Kings, since we can only vote for them. I'm getting ready to eat (Fajitas). I'll come back later and give my reads on them.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (isolation #12) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:47 am

Post by jon_h61 »

Of the three I like a Rubicon lynch best. Tip and FG are both looking like they're interested in taking out the bad guys. Rubicon has done a lot more prod dodging and avoiding issues, like not coming back before the deadline for the IC's expiration.

Jingles is my #1 pick for scum right now, but he isn't in the running for lynch today.

I'm not at home and won't be able to elaborate until later tonight.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (isolation #13) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:34 am

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 253, Rubicon wrote:
In post 132, Jingle wrote:Rubi is having issues with all of the ATE ever.
What does this refer to?
I was wondering that too.
In post 254, Rubicon wrote:Why did you ignore the question about TiphaineDeath? I'd like to know what your thoughts are on him.
I actually didn't do it on purpose. I guess I was in self-defense mode, plus doing a fast catch up. I'll get to this at the end of my post.
In post 254, Rubicon wrote:I still have literally no idea what you were saying in that post, haha. Still, it reminds me of something someone (Gooner) did in one of my recent games. He basically put together a convoluted theory about why 3-4 players were a scum team, and then used it as a reason to pretend to tunnel on those players and support a lynch on any of them. It's a poor substitute for actual scumhunting, though.
It was my grand entrance into the game, after the rollback. It wasn't meant as hardcore scum hunting, thus the "tinfoil theory" remark. It was meant to get reactions from the players mentioned. BUT everything I pointed out was true. Maybe if I get too much time on my hands I'll try to make it even plainer.
In post 256, Rubicon wrote:I don't mind you voting to ensure a lynch, but you'd said absolutely nothing about hiplop at this point. It's like the least informative vote ever, and makes me think it's more likely that you were using your scum team theory as an excuse to avoid talking about other things, other wagons.
Damn. I'm in the game two days and I'm scum for not nailing the scum team yet? Hiplop wasn't the only slot I hadn't mentioned, they all can't be scum.

@ Rubicon Up until last night (when you added twelve posts to the game) you appeared to be almost active lurking to me (in comparison to the other two Kings). That's why of the three I said I was leaning toward a vote on you. A lot of the things you said last night make sense, but I'd prefer to wait and see their responses to your posts before I give mine. Their refutations may or may not influence how I see the game state.

I've never played a Mafia game with Kings and ICs' with their own deadlines, so this is new territory for me.

A quick question, why didn't you make it back before the IC's deadline Day one?

Isn't today another one of his deadlines?
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (isolation #14) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:08 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

Drum roll please!
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (isolation #15) » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:00 am

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 209, Bulbazak wrote:In post 208, Jingle wrote:I also think that Tip is likely right about being hiplop's target, but I'm not sure which of Rubi/Fakegod was more likely a scumread of SSK.If you think Tip was Hiplop's choice for king, why do you want to lynch him, since that would guarantee 1 of the other 2 are scum?
Could you explain how hiplop choosing Tip makes him Town and one of the other two scum?
In post 274, Rubicon wrote:Jon, thoughts on TD and top 3 scum reads with reasons. Go.
My guess is that one of our three Kings are scum. Mainly from a balance standpoint, I don't know what happened that selected our three kings.

@ Tip Did you know before hand that you had the ability to become a King?

If our Elvis Impersonators selected someone to be King, then there's no guarantee that's there's one, two, or no scum between them. I'm having a hard time choosing between Tip and Fake because they've both said things I find suspicious, and I think both of them are good enough to pull off a scum role.

A big point in Fake's favor was his willingness to die Day 1 to save Catboi. If Fake is true Claiming, I think being able to pick Lovers would be OP for scum.

Posts and look like Town posting to me. Even though a lot of Rubicon's posts were aimed at Tip, Tip still says Rub is Town posting. BUT some of his reads just don't sit well with me. Like in where he says yessiree is scummy at the top of the post, and null at the bottom.

I'm still not liking Fitz' play. I had Jingle as scum, but Cat says he isn't. For now I'll trust Catboi's judgment.

Yessiree is still scum, he remains on the edge of the conversations, throwing in comments or questions without getting truly involved.

So my top three ATM are

Tip I still think one of the Three Kings are scum.
yessiree He's staying on the peripheral, not really adding much to the game.
HavingFitz He's added nothing to Town, this is my weakest scum read ATM because he hasn't said very much.

I'm not voting because I'm not willing to put Tip at L-1 yet. We still have time for discussion.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:26 am

Post by jon_h61 »

My suspicion, another "tinfoil theory" is maybe because of having two Town Kings, the scum had to elect one of themselves as scum. It kind of makes sense, a one in three chance of lynching scum. This is a semi-Bastardy game.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (isolation #17) » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:29 am

Post by jon_h61 »

We had two Elvis Impersonators die. They selected kings? Is that what everyone thinks happened? Why did only Tip get a PM about it?
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (isolation #18) » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:30 am

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 294, Bulbazak wrote:To be fair, town seems pretty OP as well.
What makes you think Town is OP?
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (isolation #19) » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:21 am

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 309, yessiree wrote:holy shit, you cannot be this stupid, but then obfuscating stupidity is a thing for scum I guess.
I guess you know all the inner workings of the game mechanics, and that anyone that doesn't is scum?

How does not knowing all the game mechanics make me scum? I've never played with Kings, or Elvis Impersonators. I have played with an IC, though they didn't reveal until they were at L-1.

Looks to me you're just saying this to be saying something. I suppose you have good reason to, I'm scum reading you.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (isolation #20) » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:59 am

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 288, jon_h61 wrote:My guess is that one of our three Kings are scum. Mainly from a balance standpoint, I don't know what happened that selected our three kings. @ Tip Did you know before hand that you had the ability to become a King?If our Elvis Impersonators selected someone to be King, then there's no guarantee that's there's one, two, or no scum between them. I'm having a hard time choosing between Tip and Fake because they've both said things I find suspicious, and I think both of them are good enough to pull off a scum role. A big point in Fake's favor was his willingness to die Day 1 to save Catboi. If Fake is true Claiming, I think being able to pick Lovers would be OP for scum.Posts 243and 263 look like Town posting to me. Even though a lot of Rubicon's posts were aimed at Tip, Tip still says Rub is Town posting. BUT some of his reads just don't sit well with me. Like in 264 where he says yessiree is scummy at the top of the post, and null at the bottom. I'm still not liking Fitz' play. I had Jingle as scum, but Cat says he isn't. For now I'll trust Catboi's judgment. Yessiree is still scum, he remains on the edge of the conversations, throwing in comments or questions without getting truly involved. So my top three ATM areTip I still think one of the Three Kings are scum.yessiree He's staying on the peripheral, not really adding much to the game.HavingFitz He's added nothing to Town, this is my weakest scum read ATM because he hasn't said very much.I'm not voting because I'm not willing to put Tip at L-1 yet. We still have time for discussion.
In post 313, yessiree wrote:Idk, I assumed everyone has the capability of making basic logic deductions from observations, but I could be wrong, you know
I'm trying to figure out what's going on, but you're just mainly yelling insults.

You have to scroll through half of yessire's ISO before he mentions anything other than me (I'm counting his vote on Fake about me because yes said his reason for voting Fake was because he unvoted me.) The other half still deals with me a lot, and the little that's left is unimpressive.

I still say yessire is staying on the edges of Town. He's yelling insults to appear louder, but he's not scum hunting.

yessire is still scum.

I think Rubicon's Town, if Fake isn't fake claiming he's probably Town, and by PoE Tip
may
be scum.

I think the conversation may be useful later in the game, so I'm willing to hammer Tip yet.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (isolation #21) » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:02 am

Post by jon_h61 »

^ not willing
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (isolation #22) » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:04 am

Post by jon_h61 »

All that's been established.

I'm happy to boggle scum's mind.

yessire entire case on me is the first post, and... what? I'm doing busywork?

What caused the Three Kings to be our lynch choices, oh "I'm so smart I got it all figured out"? Only two EIs died Day 1, so there is more going on than just EIs choosing Kings. Even though we can only lynch one of these three today doesn't mean to stop scum hunting others, and you're my prime suspect.

I'll give a post (maybe a wall) telling Town why I feel this way this afternoon. I'm not going to waste time convincing yessire that he's scum.

I'd be happy to see yessire's case, if he has one, insults and all.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (isolation #23) » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:38 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

yessire's first eleven posts dealt with me almost exclusively. Then what do we see happening?

From 104 through 143 deal with nothing but me. doesn't. All his posts to in which he hammered hiplop after never mentioning him before. He hasn't really spoken with anyone but me. He's scared scum scared to scum hunt because it will get him caught.

I'm pretty certain of this and it's something I'll bring up again even after Today.

That's his ISO, nothing but talking about me. Look at his accusations and see how fake they are. Caught. Scum.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (isolation #24) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:39 am

Post by jon_h61 »

I just reread pages 10 through here and I'm willing to bet both yessire and Bulb are scum.

Those are the only two I'm willing to vote.

Especially look over Bulb's conversation with Rubicon.

If anyone else think they are Town posting, I'd be willing to hear your thoughts. I think they're scum though.

I'll do walls to show why I think they're scum, but it'd be easier to address things others thought to be Towny.

I believe Rubicon, FakGod, Catboi and Jingle are Town.

pedit I might be up for a Mass Claim
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (isolation #25) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:04 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 338, Rubicon wrote:I'm down for a mass claim though. You can pick who goes first and we can popcorn from there.
If Everyone is OK with a Mass Claim. I'd like Jingles to go first and popcorn from there.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (isolation #26) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:11 am

Post by jon_h61 »

Ams' slot has always been null to me, and I'd like his initial reads. Mine are pretty clear, I think.

I especially think yessiree will catch us scum. I finished reading an old game he played.

My conclusion is his yelling and insults are player indicative. His scum hunting is role indicative.

He's scum.
VOTE: yessiree
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (isolation #27) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:40 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 358, Rubicon wrote:Why Jingle? I'd expect you to want one of your scum reads to go first.
I was thinking that letting my Town reads go first was better. Make it harder for scum to fake claim. But I do see how making scummier players go first could have benefits.
Jingle wrote:Jon could you link to the game and/or provide more specific details for your argument?
I can go back and look for it. yessiree got forced replaced in the game. I don't even remember if he was scum or not. I jumped to the end after he left the game. But he seems to insult and yell a lot, that's why I said his vitriol was non-alignment indicative.

Please, look over his ISO. Do you think he's posting from a Town alignment? What has he said that makes you feel he has Town's interest at heart? Except for staying on me all day, from his RVS on (I'm not counting his vote on FG) he has actively lurked the whole game.

He never tried to make a case on me, just stayed there with little explanation. I think we have scum nailed, in the bag here.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (isolation #28) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:18 am

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 362, yessiree wrote:Takeaway his presence and the victory lays ahead.
There's always a grain of truth to any tale, but he's still scum.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (isolation #29) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:45 am

Post by jon_h61 »

I won't argue with yessiree, but he can make his points to Town.

yessiree hasn't done any scum hunting, and I challenge anyone to show he has.

He's given no evidence why he thinks anyone is scum.

Look how he refutes my posts. He calls then ridiculous, acting like they are outlandish.

Aside from snide remarks,he never addresses the issues though.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (isolation #30) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:20 am

Post by jon_h61 »

I think lynching yessiree will yield some good associative tells.

If anyone has a scum case against me (cough, Ams, cough), they'd be remiss to not show it to Town.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (isolation #31) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:25 am

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 361, FakeGod wrote:I'm indifferent to my lynch.I'll just pair my biggest scumread with catboi if I die.
A-1 idea! More reason to Town read FG, who's been playing from a Town mindset most of the game.

pedit I'm already doing that, and I encourage it.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (isolation #32) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:53 am

Post by jon_h61 »

I'm trying to keep False Hopes alive.

If I die at any time, it'll be plain I have always been playing the way I am, because I have False Hope.

pedit yes, please
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (isolation #33) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:30 am

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 374, yessiree wrote:
In post 372, Rubicon wrote:Yo Yes, I'm really happy for you, and Imma let you finish, but could you please claim.
I kindly point you to , the rest is up to you
says you're scum, and if I die you
think
you're closer to winning.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (isolation #34) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:52 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

@ yessiree

Do you have hallucinatory dreams about saving people?
Do you feel something's barely holding it all back?
Like a bandage on an injured artery?

Are you for real? What's the one thing you can't save them from?
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (isolation #35) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:11 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

@ yessiree Ask me about something from your Role PM. A paraphrased question.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (isolation #36) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:57 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

UNVOTE:
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (isolation #37) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:15 am

Post by jon_h61 »

@ yessire Your claim more than gave me a pause, it shocked me. If you're telling the truth, there should be a way to use our powers to help us pull a victory out of this.

I'm thinking the scum are in our Elvis claims, it's the easiest claim to fake.

The real Elvis Impersonators should grill the others. What is everyone's impression of Ams?

What about this, let me know if there are mistakes I'm not seeing. We lynch Bulb. He gives his proxy to cat. If either of us dies, we protect cat.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (isolation #38) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:18 am

Post by jon_h61 »

@ yessire This is what I asked 4nxi3ty if it was an acceptable paraphrase.

Between Hallucinations and saving people, I've gone spiritual. All the rides in the back of the ambulance with drug soaked near-deathers convince me that there is something behind the madness. Something barely holding it back.

DMT EMT
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (isolation #39) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:00 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

I'll check back once in awhile tonight, but don't have anything to add right now.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (isolation #40) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:23 am

Post by jon_h61 »

off topic I've been Meta diving Ams. It's led me all over the internet and made for a very entertaining morning. Been all over England, felt like a tourist. :lol:

I have a son just a few years older than you who I talked into playing Mafia here last year.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (isolation #41) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:13 am

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 412, yessiree wrote:I'm pukka with eir two pence worth, mefinks, diamond geezer at the mo
QFT

I Like Ams' questions and am looking forward to his questions.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (isolation #42) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:15 am

Post by jon_h61 »

Aaugh.

I was listening to my wife while writing this. ^

I like Am' questions and I want to hear the answers to the questions now.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (isolation #43) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:04 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 408, yessiree wrote:
In post 396, jon_h61 wrote:@ yessire Your claim more than gave me a pause, it shocked me. If you're telling the truth, there should be a way to use our powers to help us pull a victory out of this.

I'm thinking the scum are in our Elvis claims, it's the easiest claim to fake.

The real Elvis Impersonators should grill the others. What is everyone's impression of Ams?

What about this, let me know if there are mistakes I'm not seeing. We lynch Bulb. He gives his proxy to cat. If either of us dies, we protect cat.
The plan def works, but that's assuming one of us dies before catboi dies. The scum team would never shoot us before they kill catboi, which is obviously who they are gonna kill tonight.
Lynch me tonight, and you tomorrow? He's protected two days that way.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (isolation #44) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:09 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

The only problem I see is that they'll probably try to kill someone else.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (isolation #45) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:23 am

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 419, catboi wrote:scum almost certainly have fakeclaims, and were probably given the PM of the most common role as a safe claim, so this is likely a moot avenue of discussion, though I do agree that it's probable at least one of the elvis impersonator claims is fake. I want to see people post their top 2 scum reads + reasoning. full cases would be appreciated but not mandatory
Before I make this decision I'd like to hear Bulba paraphrase his Role PM.

I know scums get fake claims, but they don't get actual Role PMs do they (to fake claim)? I haven't seen it done yet.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (isolation #46) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:11 am

Post by jon_h61 »

Gone fishing! Back tonight.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (isolation #47) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:05 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 426, Bulbazak wrote:I'm not sure I trust either of you atm.
My claim is easily provable, and hopefully I'll be profitable to Town, so you won't hear me arguing against lynching me.

I'm more interested in ideas on how to use what we have. See who's Role is most useful lynched.

When's the deadline for catboi?

@ Bulb I asked for my Role PM from 4nxi3ty and he gave me a fresh copy.

Would you give your vote to cat?

@ yessiree We need to make sure we target Town, so at least one of us needs to cover cat.
Who beside cat do you think is Town?
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (isolation #48) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:34 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 440, Bulbazak wrote:But you can't crosscheck my flavor, hence the problem. Btw, until you and several others stated that you had asked for your role PM back, I thought I might have accidentally come across a way to nail the scum team. As it is, I suspect scum have been throwing flavor at one another to confirm themselves as town.
What was it you discovered that you thought you could use to nail scum? If "scum have been throwing flavor at one another to confirm themselves as town." Wouldn't that mean that if I flipped scum, the other DMT EMT has to be scum too. The Elvis Impersonators could have scum in them, it was a role known before the MC.

Jingle expressed concern over people advocating their own lynch, but I think I'm the only one who's said they'd be willing to be lynched AFAIK.
Bulbazak wrote:And even if it didn't get deleted in the reset, what would my paraphrasing of the PM actually tell you?
It'd give us a chance to decide for ourselves if your Role PM is real or not. Do you remember what your role's actual title is?
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (isolation #49) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:16 am

Post by jon_h61 »

@ Bulb You think a Dying Goddess just gave us another King, when we have so many Elvis Impersonators? I hope Fitz' PR is stronger (or at least different from) than that.
In post 448, Bulbazak wrote:Does anybody else see what's wrong with this picture? If you take out the current EI claims, you are left with a 9 person town that is essentially symmetrical. That's 3 roles with 2 copies each that don't impact the game too much, followed by 3 roles that impact the game in large ways, mostly through increased death rate, with only 1 copy. Why then are there 3 extra EI claims? Probably because that's the scum safe claim. If we're assuming the typical 3 person mafia, then the team is Jingles/Ams/Rubicon. If it is only a 2 person team, I think it's likely Jingles/Ams, due to the way they were tossing questions back and forth to look town. We lynch those 2 first, and if the game is still going, we then lynch Rubicon for the win.
@ Cat Are you still leaning Town on Jingles? I am.

@ yessiree The biggest flaw I can see with my earlier plan is if I'm lynched, they'll just take you out that Night. We should try to make sure we're not saving the same person. I think the first to die should be on cat, the second should protect their strongest Town read (or wherever they think it's most likely to be best used.

If neither of us die Today, cat will most probably die Tonight

Today and tomorrow are going to be really busy for me, but I'll still check in several times each day. I've lost track of cat's deadline, but I don't think we have too much time to decide.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (isolation #50) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:53 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

I think it's eleven hours until catboi's deadline. I'm going to vote Bulb in an attempt to save him.

If he's a proxie and he gives the vote to the False Hopes, it'll still be for a good cause. But if this is MYLO, then the game's over.

@ yessiree At least check the game once or twice a day. That's not too much to ask, unkess you go someplace without it.

If it's MYLO and catboi dies, isn't that game over too?

HELP!! What do we (False Hopes) need to do?

Bulb or Ams? The only two I think we even have a chance of lynching.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (isolation #51) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:00 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

@ Bulb I'm thinking probably Ams. Language differences aside, I feel his scum hunting has been the weakest in evidence to support his reads.

I hop you haven't tricked me, but we'll find out. I'm voting Ams before deadline, maybe for the game (if I choose wrong) so... please anyone any thoughts before I hammer Ams?
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (isolation #52) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:01 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

EBWOP I hope you haven't tricked me
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (isolation #53) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:33 am

Post by jon_h61 »

I'm going to vote Ams if no objections
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (isolation #54) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:35 am

Post by jon_h61 »

I think this is the hammer.
VOTE: Ams
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (isolation #55) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:38 am

Post by jon_h61 »

Now to wait and see if scum come out and claim the win.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (isolation #56) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:40 am

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 500, Rubicon wrote:going back to sleep now
Same here.

Hopefully we'll still be going Day 4.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (isolation #57) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:00 am

Post by jon_h61 »

@ Bulb "Everything's went and got religious, betwixt hallucinitory dreams and salvaging peoples' lives. I've seen way too many near-deathers in the early hours.Insomnia, drugs in the back, ambulance rides have me thinking there's something causing this insanity. Something scarcely holding the issue back. Like a tiny bandage on a shattered blood pathway.

I vote in the Day trying to eradicate this illusory terrene of destructive beings.

I can save someone from death, but not from lynches."
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (isolation #58) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:52 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 533, Jingle wrote:I'm interested that jon has a different vote flavor.
I'm definitely not an Elvis Impersonator.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (isolation #59) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:59 am

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 536, yessiree wrote:why the fuck are we running in circles doing role flavor anyway

if you think you can catch scum with that, you're dumb
An experiment.

In the comic strip, what did you not want? What were you losing?

I'm sure scum have fake claims to counter flavor searching, but I don't think 4nxi3ty would give scum real Role PMs.

I don't think Bulb is scum. If he was, he'd just lynch a False Hope and then a NK would most likely end the game. He wouldn't need to scum hunt.
catboi wrote:
In post 528, Bulbazak wrote:@Catboi: Why did you think Rubicon was scum d2?
I think I said something on this earlier, but ultimately I thought his performance was subpar to that point, and that he only offered opinions in two posts that weren't really supported by any analysis. Then he started efforting

I still have the possibility that one of him/FG is scum in my mind and it scares the hell out of me because they both read so genuine to me (that idea is just a guess, though)
I feel almost exactly the same way. If they're scum, they're doing a good job of hiding it. If I had a gun to my head and had to guess, I'd go with Rubicon.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (isolation #60) » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:59 am

Post by jon_h61 »

Sorry I didn't realize I was in prodding range. I'll talk to you Jingle.

The longer this goes on the more I think Bulb's Town, or scum screwing with us. Yeah, one of those.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (isolation #61) » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:40 am

Post by jon_h61 »

Maybe 4nxi3ty made a game of all False Hopes, so we'd all have false hope of winning?
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (isolation #62) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:41 am

Post by jon_h61 »

In post 570, Bulbazak wrote:Looking beyond flavor, Jon's posts seem a little too tryhard, and feature a lot of stilted language. It reads like someone pretending to be town, rather than actually being town (Seriously, how many times has he mentioned himself being of the False Hopes?). Yes's posts are better. The biggest thing that bothers me with him is his d3 posts. Again, it feels too much like distancing, something that is reflected when looking back over the game with Yes's constant vote park on Jon. I also feel as if they gave away the game on d3, figuring no one would be paying enough attention. Look again at the way Yes crumbs the EMT role, and Jon's subsequent response. There's a lot of talk of deception in there, followed by talking about a grain of truth. It feels like this should all be followed up with *nudge nudge wink wink*.
You're very wrong here, but hopefully I learn something from this game to carry into the future. I
was
shocked when yessiree claimed EMT DMT. Especially the way he did it. And I wasted all that time tunneling him, mainly because I thought I was so right.

Explain how yes's posts were better, he tunneled me before I was in tunnel mode. I gave him my paraphrase, he didn't give one back. His only answer was when I asked him what was the one thing I couldn't save people from. Actually that'd be pretty easy to guess. This being a Mafia game and all.

I know you can't win a Mafia game with Flavor hunting alone, but you use what you can if you want the kid to survive.

I feel I did my best to help False Hopes out, and I'll be really sorry if I help kill off the poor kid. He deserved better.

I'd appreciate any advice after the game on what I should have done better.

Bulb, I hope you make the right decision.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (isolation #63) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:51 am

Post by jon_h61 »

One more thing, I don't know how the EMT fits in, but I hope 4nxi3ty explains it during endgame. my guess is he's in there to balance all that death. I hope he posts all the Role PMs after the game. Maybe in a contiguous form, like a comic.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (isolation #64) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:08 am

Post by jon_h61 »

Another thing that bugs me, another recent game (it's over), I got accused of being scum, and was tunneled all the way to the players death, because I said I was Town. Personally, I think that's a crappy scum tell, should I be hiding the fact I'm Town when I'm Town? I know scum can say it too, but just because they can do something, does that automatically make it bad for Town to do too? That'd cut down to almost nothing that Town could do.

Could you expand on the try too hard part too? I felt like I was being clear in what I meant, and I was looking for the scummiest slot the whole game.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (isolation #65) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:14 am

Post by jon_h61 »

Yup, VOTE: Jingle
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (isolation #66) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:17 am

Post by jon_h61 »

Yay False Hope(s)!
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (isolation #67) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:19 am

Post by jon_h61 »

@ Jingle What's your Avater? It looks like he's choking the kid.
jon_h61
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
jon_h61
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (isolation #68) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:56 pm

Post by jon_h61 »

Great game, thanks 4nxi3ty! Loved the story!

The last few Days I was sweating for the kid, waiting for the flips. I love the way the flips got played out in your comics.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”