Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #41 (isolation #2) » Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:29 pm

Post by Jaguar »

MTG is still popular in some places. My nephew just started a few years ago. My cards are hiding in a box somewhere since 1997 or so.

Since this is a mini, I wasn't at all surprised to see only 1 kill and although I won't exclude the possibility of there being a Serial Killer, for now I am thinking along the same lines as Yaw.
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #60 (isolation #3) » Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:19 am

Post by Jaguar »

I can sort of see where Yaw is coming from with the "post just to post" post by BadAndie, but I will give BadAndie the benefit of the doubt at the moment.

A few FOS's being thrown around when votes are cheap seems a bit more suspicious. Since Yaw already has a vote on someone and then FOS'ed I'll leave him alone for now and will
unvote: melchizedek, vote: PBuG
. PBuG unvoted BadAndie but only kept theFOS on Yaw, and didn't actually vote. If you think Yaw is worth being suspicious of, why not add a vote this early in the game?
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #81 (isolation #4) » Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:48 am

Post by Jaguar »

melchized wrote:We shouldn't be bandwagoning w/o any info. Any bandwagon we create should based on significant suspicious behavior.
In order to get suspicious behaviour, we need to get pressure on someone to start posting more. If we all just posted only for people that had no votes, we'd get very little discussion. I think bandwagonning is needed to a certain extent and so far Yaw has been the only one putting pressure on people. I must say, BadAndie has nicely entered the conversations. To me this case of bandwagonning has cleared BadAndie so far, even though she was going on about why Yaw picked her for some time, when he had stated it was basically random.

I am wondering about Uraj a bit as he has posted a few times, most of the posts again are not saying much. In this case it is not really any blatant "posting to post" situation like BadAndie (and I agree with Talitha that I would rather have people post a bit of nothing than nothing at all so I know they are watching what is going on).

For now I am keeping my vote on PBuG, although he has now voted for Yaw, but I don't have any new targets as of yet and perhaps we can get some more discussinos happening.

I will, however, keep my eye on Argoti (only 1 post to date) as well.
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #98 (isolation #5) » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:15 am

Post by Jaguar »

thorred wrote:I'm in between voting for Uraj45 and Pbug, and maybe Argoti (my gut tells me). I'll sleep on it and see what happens from now until tomorrow, if I can come online tomorrow.
Well, it is now Thursday, three days since thorred's last post. And thorred only posted after she got pointed out as not posting.

Melchizedek's last post in this thread was on Sunday and he has posted since in other threads, albeit only twice, but the last time was a recent as yesterday. Why not check in here?

Looking forward to see what Vraak X has to say. I don't know if it would be better to vote for a non-poster at this time or to keep my vote on one of the two bandwagons. I have to say that both bandwagons are based on minor stuff, but so far that is all we have.
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #108 (isolation #6) » Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:43 am

Post by Jaguar »

unvote PBuG
. Although when I first read that claim I thought it meant that you were hiding scummy people from an investigative type role... I stand next to someone and my coolness rubs off on them. If they were uncool, a cop would not be able to tell, rather than any attempt on their coolness by someone uncool would not take. :shock: :oops:

Ah well, on to the next wagon. Argoti, I do find you suspicious for the various reasons already pointed out by others, the main one being that your posts don't really say anything. At this time I will not put the fifth vote on, but if I don't hear a better explanation, I will later.
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #122 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:04 am

Post by Jaguar »

Well, it was only to be expected to see PBuG dead I suppose, but still, that sucks.

Right now, the people I find most suspicious are Uraj and Vraak, although thorred also appears to fly across my scum-dar.

Uraj because he unvoted PBuG and then said he didn't know what else to do. He then voted melch, for good reason, but the bandwagon was started on Argoti at that time. He started out with a random vote for Argoti, voted for PBuG and lastly voted for melchizedek.

Vraak, even though he was away for a while, did not post much of anything in the three posts since his return. All his posts were one-liners and he did not vote for anyone at all.

thorred has only four posts in total and although appeared to have been absent for a reason, the reason was never given. Did not vote for Argoti, but when she posted, melch had posted that he wanted to hear Yaw's role when he meant to say Argoti's role, so I can uderstand that. The lynch on Argoti did come rather quickly.

For any of them, it's not really much to go on, but nothing else really stood out much.

Anyone else have any ideas?
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #131 (isolation #8) » Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:30 pm

Post by Jaguar »

Just a quick note from me to say that I will have only sporadic internet access from now until Monday. I am studying for an exam on Saturday and will likely be out of town on Sunday. My apologies.
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #142 (isolation #9) » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:16 am

Post by Jaguar »

Well, I am back, but am having terrible problems with my computer at home and can't access the internet there. (Looks like we have a virus and some other stuff interfering. I hope I don't need to do a full reformat. It's a bad one) I'll try to get caught up by the time my lunch is over or so but I'll have to do it on my breaks.
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #143 (isolation #10) » Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:03 am

Post by Jaguar »

Wow, not a lot of posting going on in this game today.
Uraj45 wrote:If you’re not gonna let me go without one let me know and I’ll do it. I’d really like to avoid it though with the doc dead and all…
From this I would assume that you are claiming to be a powerful pro-town role and unless someone else comes by and refutes you, I will retract my suspicions from earlier. BadAndie, I would like to know what reasons you find compelling to FOS Uraj. With what he has said I am inclined to believe he is pro-town.

Vraak, there has been plenty of discussion going on and your limited participation is indeed putting up red flags. Do you have any suspicions? Reactions?

I know I have been absent a bit, but right now melchizedek is high on my radar. It is easy for him to say “I put on the lynching vote, so why would I be scum?” defense, but in my eyes he is not cleared. And not posting at all during day 2 screams scummy. At least I posted that I was not going to be here and I did post before that on day 2 as well.

vote: melchizedek
to prod him.
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #150 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:39 am

Post by Jaguar »

Just so you all know, I am still having computer problems at home and if my "restore to 10 days ago" doesn't work, I'll have to do a full reformat :? . So please bear with me as I will have only sporadic internet access while at work and on my breaks. I'll keep you all updated.

Besides that, we need some more conversation in this place. This school is starting to get dull. Are the geeks already taking over? Post 125 on March 16 to post 149 on Mar 22 and my post (150) on Mar 23. 25 posts in a week! That's pretty slow.

I would urge Uraj to not reveal his role unless he thinks it will help the town. On the other hand, if he is afraid that he will get targeted tonight, it might be worthwhile to give us any information that he may have gathered (if any).

Well, not sure where to go from here, but I second the mod-prod on Melchizedek.

Vraak, I understand you were out of town, and the posting here has left a lot to be desired when it comes to opinions, but I think even posting a bit rather than keeping quiet is better and I am sure that Talitha agrees after the whole first day arguments between Yaw and BadAndie. :P

Yaw, any reason you are keeping your vote on Uraj? (At least I think you are still voting for him). You said you were inclined to believe him when he circumspectly tried to let us know that he has a pro-town role, and I think we can all figure out what he is hinting at. Just wondering, that's all.
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #159 (isolation #12) » Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:36 am

Post by Jaguar »

Well, that's not what I was expecting, Uraj...

My condolences Yaw.

It looks like my home computer will not be operational for a bit, so only daytime posting from me.

I'm fairly busy today, so don't expect a whole lot from me. In a course this afternoon and contract reviews this morning...
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #174 (isolation #13) » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:36 am

Post by Jaguar »

[quote=”Samadhi”] Most suspicious for me ATM: Jaguar. Just gut, except for the lack of vote on Argoti. And Post 108 is less than convincing. Don't trust my gut that much though lately. [/quote]
Well, I never voted for Argoti because he was lynched before I had a chance to vote for him after I said that I
would
vote for him if he didn’t post a better explanation back in post #108. And as for my interpretation of PBuG’s claim, I did have a smilie behind that, indicating it was my goof originally. What can I say? I misunderstood the post by PBuG when I first read it. People make mistakes all the time.

As for Vraak, I know you were away, but you could have started up conversations when you returned to get more talk happening to see if you could raise the quality of the posts. Instead you barely posted and that is what I think makes you suspicious. And that extra vote on Argoti does make you look suspicious.

BadAndie, you’ve got melchizedek in both the voted for and not voted for Argoti column. Melch put on the final vote for Argoti’s lynch. To me that doesn’t make him innocent, but Vraak’s vote after is indeed more suspicious.

I was ready to put my vote on Vraak (when I was composing this offline, Samadhi had not yet posted), but that would put him on 4 I think. I think it is time for a defence and rather than a vote I will
FOS Vraak X
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #181 (isolation #14) » Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:07 am

Post by Jaguar »

Vraak, I don't buy that you just didn't feel like randomly picking a name. If you are a cop in any game, you have to randomly pick the first couple of nights or else you get nowhere. Does this mean that you wouldn't investigate anyone in another game if you were the cop until you had something to go on?

Often the early investigations will give you at least some idea as to whom you can trust in their posts. Unless there is a limitation on the number of times you can pry into someone's locker, I don't see why you wouldn't randomly pick a locker to check.

Since there are only three votes instead of four, I will add mine. Sorry.

vote: Vraak X
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #183 (isolation #15) » Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:07 am

Post by Jaguar »

Vraak, I don't understand why you would vote for yourself, just like I don't understand why you wouldn't investigate someone (or take stuff from their locker).

I posed a question in the post above yours that you did not answer at all, instead you voted for yourself. I did apologize before voting and could still have removed the vote, but instead you didn't give anyone else the chance to post or unvote.
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #185 (isolation #16) » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:27 pm

Post by Jaguar »

Offline until Monday. Stupid home computer.
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #191 (isolation #17) » Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:27 am

Post by Jaguar »

Well, that sucks. It looks like we may be down to 1 scum though, seeing as we've lynched two already and we've only had one kill each night.

I've certainly kept my eye on Melchizedek as well, and perhaps this may be a good time to follow Yaw's supicions. I will go back through the thread to see what I can rustle up and go from there.
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #192 (isolation #18) » Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:49 am

Post by Jaguar »

OK, so we have 7 of us left, a doc and a cop dead as well as two mafia. Melchizedek put the lynching vote on Argoti on day 1, perhaps to ensure that nobody thought he would be in league with Argoti. Then Vraak put on the extra-unneeded vote on Argoti.

In addition, Melch has not posted a lot, although there are some others who haven't posted much, since more people are thinking that Melch has been behaving suspiciously, icluding, apparently, our dead cop friend, I will
vote: Melchizedek

I am sure that there are other people that could be good targets, but I am not sure which ones. I am not sure that I am doing the right thing, but with 2 scum already gone on day 1 and 2 lynches, we have at least a little breathing room.
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #195 (isolation #19) » Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:54 am

Post by Jaguar »

Samadhi wrote: But he also voted for Vraak.
Oops, I missed that. A quick glance back shows that Uraj is the only one not to have a vote on either of the lynched mafia at time of lynching:

Argoti voters:
Uraj45 (Unvoted and voted for Melch and did not have vote on Argoti at lynch time)
BadAndie
PBuG
Talitha
Samadhi
Yaw
Melchizedek
Vraak

Vraak voters:
Melchizedek
Samadhi
Thorred
Jaguar
Vraak

I am thinking that on day 2, all voters on Vraak (with the exception of Vraak himself of course) are likely innocent, or on the town's side. This would mean that either the remaining Geek is Uraj or the remaining Geek voted for Argoti, unless Melch is playing a superb game, so I will
unvote: Melchizedek

People who did not vote for Vraak on day 2: Talitha, BadAndie and Uraj.
Now this is making me think that Uraj could indeed be scum, but at the same time, I don't doubt his roleclaim. Aaarg.

Time to see if I can find anything on these three fine upstanding students, be they cool or geeky...
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #196 (isolation #20) » Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:16 pm

Post by Jaguar »

Ok, did some quick research (Sorry for the double post) and this is what I am coming up with:

I am not sure that Talitha is scum due to her not knowing that Vraak was away. After all, if she was scum, she would have been in conversation with both Argoti and Vraak on night 1 to put the hit on Isaac/MeMe. And she did vote for Vraak on day 1, although a random vote for a fellow mafia on day 1 is pretty common these days.

I just don’t see enough evidence to think that she would be scum.

BadAndie was in a pretty heated match-up with Yaw on day 1. Maybe she decided that taking Yaw out was a good thing to do and it being a day away from her discussions with him would not be to suspicious? On March 9th she fossed Argoti, Yaw and PBuG. But she did put up decent arguments when Argoti FOS’d her, so I am not sure that she is scum either.

As for Uraj, he claims to be the Quarterback of the Animal Mascots. Now if this is a fabricated claim, it is a very good one, because most quarterbacks are definitely not scum and from the headlines it does look like he could be in the game. However, and here is the kicker, so far we’ve not really had any indication of any roles being in the games by reading the generic high school paper and all of a sudden there is one.

Grasping at straws here. Help me!
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #205 (isolation #21) » Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:05 am

Post by Jaguar »

Hey, that's not a bad idea at all, Melch. I can go along with that.

vote: BadAndie
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #206 (isolation #22) » Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:12 am

Post by Jaguar »

Doh. That teaches me for not reading the next page...

I still think that BadAndie is a likely target for scum and I will keep my vote where it is for now. I also agree that it is possible that if BadAndie isn't scum, scum could just sit by and not kill, expecting Uraj to kill or they would target the same person. I would like to think that if Uraj targeted someone we would have a different night scene and rather than someone showing up as a geek, having someone being beaten up and out of commission for a while (read the rest of the game).
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #211 (isolation #23) » Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:58 am

Post by Jaguar »

And MeMe was specifically a "Jock" whereas Uraj claims to be more specifically, the quarterback of the Animal Mascots. If the remaining scum is not one of Talitha, BadAndie or Uraj, I'll have to go back to suspecting Melchizedek I suppose. At the moment I do not see a better target than BadAndie. And for reasons I think I outlined above, Talitha is not high on my scummie list either. But that could be simply because she is a great player :wink:
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #213 (isolation #24) » Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:28 am

Post by Jaguar »

BadAndie wrote: i still don't get why i am a good target?! someone please tell me instead of ignoring me.
I have a list of four people that I think could possibly be the remaining scum: Melchizedek, Talitha, BadAndie and Uraj.

Melchizedek - voted for both Argoti AND Vraak. He took the kill shot on Argoti and was second to vote for Vraak after thorred. He did not post again before the end of day 2 to respond to Vraak’s role claim. Hhhm. He could be scummier than I thought. He puts vote on BadAndie after BadAndie Fos’s him.
Melchizedek wrote:we, or at least I, only became suspicious of VraakX when he tried to cause doubt about Uraj's claim. ... I propose we lynch BadAndie today. If she's not scum, Uraj kills Talitha. If there are two kills, one of which is Talitha, and Talitha isn't scum, then Uraj is cleared. If there is only one kill, or Talitha isn't killed, we lynch Uraj.
At first glance, this seems like a pretty surefire way to find the remaining geek and I thought so too. Of course, there are problems with this and these have been pointed out by others. Since the geek would know who Uraj is targeting he or she could do a number of things to make it look like Uraj is the scum. (That is, if Uraj isn't actually the scum) OK, so I am well on my way to go back to my original thinking that Melch could be scum, even though he voted for both Argoti and Vraak. Since he never posted after he voted for Vraak, it could be that he never had a chance to unvote and lynched him by mistake.
Talitha wrote:I'm in agreement with most of what has been posted so far today. Most closely looking at thorred right now, followed by Uraj. Also Vraak X, I can understand that he didn't have a lot of time to form opinions yesterday, but he hasn't really posted any opinions today so far either.
Talitha also wrote:
unvote: Uraj, vote: melchizedek

I'm not totally convinced about Uraj.... but at least he's posting.

She originally had Vraak as the last on her list of suspicious people. She later unvotes Melch because she is going out of town. (Understandable)

I also mentioned in my earlier post that I just don't see Talitha being scum due to her voting Vraak on day 1 and not realizing he was away. It could be a good mafia play, but she did pretty much lead the wagon against Argoti by voting for him and "catching his attention". I am still not convinced that Talitha could be scum, but of course, I have been known to be wrong.

BadAndie, you put up good evidence against both Argoti and Vraak and you reminded everyone that Vraak voted for Argoti after he was already dead. On day three you first FOS Melch as the cop was suspicious of him, but later you voted for Uraj. If you Fos’d Melch, why did you then go and vote Uraj? Are you still suspicious of Melch? If not, can you give me some reasons? Now I am convincing myself that maybe you couldn't be scum. Aaarg. Confusing!

As mentioned in a previous post, for now I don't find Uraj all that suspicious because I can see his claim being in this game.

Maybe we should be going after Melch today, see if he is scum when we lynch him. If he isn't scum, have Uraj go after BadAndie or Talitha (he can't very well go after himself) to verify his claim or else we lynch Uraj tomorrow.

unvote: BadAndie
because I have thoroughly confused myself.
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #216 (isolation #25) » Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:11 am

Post by Jaguar »

Quick note to say I am offline until Tuesday. Hopefully I can get my computer reformatted before then, but you never know.
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #233 (isolation #26) » Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:51 am

Post by Jaguar »

Hello all. Back from my three-day weekend and managed to get my home computer almost internet worthy. Just need to reinstall the virus protector, fire wall and pop-up killer and pretty soon I'll be up and running from home again.

I see that I have two votes and that Melch has two votes. I will go back to
vote: Melchizedek
to put some additional pressure on him and at the same time I will try to explain why I think certain people are scum.

I am the sidekick. I hang out with all the cool people and stay out of the limelight. For now... The for now mean that I am the back-up cop and took over as gossip chick when Yaw got turned into a geek. I have received the results from Yaw's investigations, and so far all his results were that people were cool.

If you would like to know the cool results, you can judge for yourself why I have been building a case against certain people, however, I think you can figure it out for yourself. Yaw's last investigation was of me and apparently I am the coolest.
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #235 (isolation #27) » Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:31 am

Post by Jaguar »

BadAndie, I did not yet get to investigate anyone as Yaw was only killed the last game night. I did however receive all of his investigative results and those so far were all cool. In essense, I am basing my vote on Melch on my own reasoning from before the weekend, even though he voted for both Vraak and Argoti, and the cool/innocent results of Yaw's investigations.

If Melch is innocent, there are only three other possibles that I've already pointed out somewhere I believe. Uraj, in my mind, tops that list.

I am still willing to change votes at this time and think that for now we should look at both Uraj and Melch. Uraj has claimed a killing role and although he doesn't have to kill according to his claim, there is a chance that he is in fact capable of killing, he is just not cool... A very convenient claim.

And Melch, well, Yaw was suspicious of him, although not enough to investigate him and for some reason he just seems scummy to me. Could just be a bad womanly instinct though...
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #239 (isolation #28) » Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:34 am

Post by Jaguar »

Well, I am more than willing to reveal my results, but it will give the remaining geek (at least I assume there is only one left) some nice targets as confirmed innocents.

I would imagine that perhaps there is another sidekick? Or someone else with a back-up role?

I too reasoned like BadAndie did. With three votes on melch, why didn't the geek jump on that? Is it because Melch
is
the remaining geek?
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #244 (isolation #29) » Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:35 am

Post by Jaguar »

Samadhi wrote: Or maybe the geek was already voting for Mel?
That is of course possible and would make either BadAndie or Talitha suspect.

Hhmm. Melch hasn't posted since last Thursday. Why would Talitha unvote Melch? He hasn't put up a defence at all and nobody else was looking to change votes. Is it because she knowns he is innocent?

(Grasping at straws here, I only know three innocents, whereas the scum would know all)
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #249 (isolation #30) » Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:45 pm

Post by Jaguar »

Well, I didn't hear any objections from anyone either, so here goes. My innocents are thorred and Samadhi. And it looks like Yaw's last target was me.

Yes, I have been jumping around, but I don't know who the remaining scum is. I thought for sure it was Melch, but then Samadhi pointed out that he voted on both scum. Then I thought it was BadAndie, but I think she's pretty much in the clear, putting up good arguments for voting for Argoti and then pointing out that Vraak seemed to have been on the bandwagon late. So I am really in a toss up now and don't know where to go. I am not sure of Talitha, after all, she really appeared not to know that Vraak was away, however, a random first day vote on him could have been a tactic to make things look that way. And Uraj's claim is very convenient as well, although since we have a back-up cop, perhaps not too far off.

So, since we've heard Melch's claim (not quite sure I buy it), Uraj's claim and I have cool results on thorred and Samadhi, that leaves Talitha and BadAndie.

For now I will
unvote: melchizedek
and let's see what theories others can come up with.

Note my earlier post about people not voting for Vraak on day two and note that three out of the four not investigated did not vote for him, making it much harder to point fingers.
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #251 (isolation #31) » Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:59 am

Post by Jaguar »

Yes, I was told thorred and Samadhi were cool and that Jaguar was the coolest. I assume that means that I was his night 3 target and not anything thrown in there by our mod to boost my ego.
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #253 (isolation #32) » Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:16 am

Post by Jaguar »

Going back to my PM, I just noticed that I have both thorred and Samadhi listed as night 1 investigations. Checking into that and will let you know who got investigated when as soon as I know.

And I can't speak for Yaw's actions. I don't know why he random voted thorred on day 1. I just know that he investigated thorred and

I have four possibles to be scum:
Talitha - very good player and could have us all fooled in thinking that she is indeed clueless. She did vote for randomly for Vraak day 1, a common mafia ploy. She also voted for Argoti though and didn't unvote even though she had a chance.

BadAndie - in going through all of her posts, I can't see her being scum. She put up evidence against Vraak and also had good arguments against Argoti when he tried to get people not to vote for him.

Melchizedek - Has voted for both Vraak and Argoti. Second one to vote for Vraak, but he also never posted after he voted for Vraak and it is possible he didn't think Vraak would get lynched or didn't have the time to unvote. Melch could easily have put the lynching vote on Argoti, reasoning that nobody would think he was scum, after all, he was the lynching vote. A classic mafia trick when it looks like your fellow player is going to get killed anyways. I had indicated that I would put on the lynching vote as had someone else, so to all appearances, unless Argoti came up with something better, he was going to be toast.

Uraj - A very convenient claim of vigilante that nobody has denied. So far we've only had one kill each night, so I doubt that he is a SK in disguise. In addition, when I asked him about the death scene description, he thought it wouldn't be different from a regular geek scene in that the person would not be beat up, but rather would be outed as a geek. That seems to me a little strange to say the least.

Samadhi, if you weren't on my cleared list I would likely now vote for you. You are not willing to believe that there is indeed a back-up cop, but instead are doggedly pursuing me. Yes, I suppose I could be a geek with a false role claim, but I am not. Either way, why lynch a claimed cop/back-up cop. We don't know if there is a back-up doc, so chances are that I am going to turn up dead tomorrow anyways because scum would not want me poking my nose where it doesn't belong getting gossip and details on them. Why lynch me when we have a 25% (in my eyes 33% chance because I think BadAndie is town) of lynching the remaining scum.
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #264 (isolation #33) » Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:56 am

Post by Jaguar »

Well, if you don't want to believe me, Samadhi, that is up to you, but I am telling the truth.

[quote=Samadhi"]You see, the reason I wasn't suspicious of Uraj is because I was already aware* that there was a head cheerleader (with powers) and a regular cheerleader (without); symmetry between the jocks and cheerleaders seems plausible enough. But TWO extra cheerleaders? I don't know.[/quote]

How did you know that there was another cheerleader? Are you saying you are a cheerleader as well and are disputing Melch's claim? So why wouldn't you vote for Melch if that is indeed what you are claiming?

I still think that Uraj's claim is very convenient and is not to be trusted. Personally, I think that BadAndie is cleared by her actions, even though she has not been investigated.

Can we get a vote count? I am a little lost here as to where everything stands with the votes.
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #267 (isolation #34) » Sat Apr 10, 2004 7:31 am

Post by Jaguar »

Samadhi wrote:BTW I see a very dangerous path if she is scum (even solo).
Today, ostracize melch
Tonight I am found to be uncool (killed by geeks). Jaguar 'investigates' Talitha, gets cool
Tomorrow ostracize badandie
Tomorrow night Thorred is cast out as uncool, Jaguar 'investigates' Uraj, gets uncool.
Talitha and Jaguar ostracize Uraj.
Scum Jaguar wins.
I only see one problem with that. Tonight I will be found to be uncool and you guys are on your own. But at least you'll have an idea of who the scum will be I suppose.

And Uraj, I totally understand how you feel. I am really starting to think that perhaps Talitha is the remaining scum if it isn't Melch.

Now here is a twist if Talitha is scum:
Today we lynch Melch, we find out he is not a geek.
Tonight Talitha has to decide between me and Uraj.
Uraj targets Talitha as do I.
One of us will make it to tomorrow and we'll find out if Talitha is still alive or not. If she's alive, at least we'll know if she is scum and if she is dead, either the game is over or Talitha was not a geek and we'll have to look at Uraj or BadAndie.
We'd still have 4 people left alive - BadAndie, thorred, Samadhi and either Uraj or myself.

vote: Talitha
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #268 (isolation #35) » Sat Apr 10, 2004 7:32 am

Post by Jaguar »

doh. I hate not having preview.

I meant
vote Melchizedek
, so
unvote: Talitha
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #276 (isolation #36) » Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:50 am

Post by Jaguar »

Talitha - no claim
BadAndie - no claim
Melch - cheerleader
Samadhi - cheereader
Jaguar - Back-up gossip chick / sidekick (Cop)
Uraj - QB (Vig)
thorred - no claim

Samadhi, is it possible that the cheerleader is the vanilla townie in this game? And as such, is it possible that there is more than 1 regular cheerleader? Or do you know that there was only 1 regular cheerleader? (I'll take your opinion over Melch's since I know you are cool).

thorred, please come play with the rest of us. We'd like your input please.
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #280 (isolation #37) » Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:39 am

Post by Jaguar »

unvote: Melch
, with that information, I think I am willing to believe Melch as being a cheerleader, even though it does seem a bit odd. And I now think that the remaining scum is Talitha, therefore
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #282 (isolation #38) » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:43 am

Post by Jaguar »

Right, I forgot about that, BadAndie. Aaargh. Well, I've been vote hopping so much, I don't know what to do.
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #285 (isolation #39) » Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:51 am

Post by Jaguar »

Where is Melch? Is he supposed to be away?

So the revised list is as follows:

Talitha - no claim
BadAndie - kid into music (townie)
Melch - cheerleader (townie)
Samadhi - cheereader (townie)
Jaguar - Back-up gossip chick / sidekick (Cop)
Uraj - QB (Vig)
thorred - no claim (Cool on investigation)

I will take thorred's post to mean that she is either a cheerleader or a jock or something similar and I have no idea on Talitha. I'll stick with my vote for now.
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #288 (isolation #40) » Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:55 am

Post by Jaguar »

Well, we currently have two votes on Melch - Uraj and BadAndie and I'll make it number three:

unvote: Talitha, vote: Melchizedek

Who wants to put the fourth vote on Melch?
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #292 (isolation #41) » Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:41 am

Post by Jaguar »

We're only in twilight yet, so please, if it is something that is important, we'd like to know, in case something happens to you.
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #297 (isolation #42) » Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:33 pm

Post by Jaguar »

Talitha is cool.

Now we have a couple of options. Either the godfather is investigated as innocent, leaving us back at square one, or BadAndie is the remaining scum. Talitha, since we haven't heard your role claim, I think this might be the best time to roleclaim since you are the only one not claimed. I think this might give us some additional insight.
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #299 (isolation #43) » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:27 pm

Post by Jaguar »

So do I, Samadhi, especially since I'd cleared thorred with my claim.
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #302 (isolation #44) » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:58 am

Post by Jaguar »

Let's be careful about this. We have 4 remaining. We have to lynch scum OR no-lynch. If we lynch a townie, the scum will have won. If we don't lynch, we go into the next day with three alive, assuming scum will take out one person, but with a bit more information.

I am thinking that the scum kept me alive for two reasons, 1. He or she was afraid there was a back-up doc or 2. he or she wants to have me lynched, assuring a victory, since it is looking scummy that I am still alive having claims back-up cop.
BadAndie wrote: jag y would talitha need to role claim when u already said she was kool?

Because we don’t know if there is a godfather (who comes up innocent on investigations) and with the extra role claim we can evaluate all the others. (including yours)

I think the odds will be in our favour if we no-lynch. We'll have one more death to analyze and if I am still alive, the last investigation (BadAndie). Of course if I am still alive, the scum will push that I am scum and it'll be up to the remaining townie to make the choice. If we have a godfather who is immune to investigations, I too will be left in the dark, in which case, having a back-up cop was really not that much of an advantage to the school :?

Going back over Argoti and Vraak’s posts doesn’t help much either. Argoti voted for Yaw on day 1 (and unvoted) and FOS’d BadAndie. Vraak put the extra vote on Argoti, which is what got him landed in hot water on day 2. On day 2 he voted and unvoted Uraj for his vig claim, thinking he was a serial killer (after BadAndie did) and finally voted for himself. He also fingered thorred, who is now a confirmed innocent.

Thorred was a jock, like MeMe and Samadhi claims cheerleader. Symmetry is there: two jocks and a QB with special role, 2 cheerleaders and head cheerleader with special role. I think that the investigation result was good and Samadhi is cleared in my mind. Thorred also thought it strange that BadAndie was the only townie not a jock or cheerleader, confirming before the night that she was likely a jock or cheerleader… Samadhi did pick up on that.

Voters for Argoti: Talitha, BadAndie, Melchizedek, Samadhi, PBug, Yaw (Uraj unvoted, Vraak voted after lynch was determined)
Voters for Vraak: thorred, melchizedek (both before BA’s evidence of unneeded vote), Samadhi, Jaguar, Vraak. Talitha thought behaviour was interesting, but was going out of town and didn’t want to have a vote on… Also strange behaviour as usually she does leave a vote on if she thinks it is worth it.
Voters for Melchizedek (on day 3): BadAndie, Uraj, Jaguar, Talitha

In my eyes we have possibility of Talitha being scum, regardless of my investigation result, after all, godfather would come up innocent, or BadAndie being scum.

BadAndie – OMGUS vote on PBug day 1. Then we have the whole Yaw vs. BadAndie thing to stimulate posting and Yaw’s reasoning also was that BadAndie was posting just to post – ie actively lurking. BA also unvoted PBuG
FOS’d Yaw and PBuG
Ended up voting for Argoti after the wagon started and then put up good arguments to keep her vote on Argoti (Argoti also FOS’d BadAndie)
Misunderstood Uraj’s claim. Thought he was like a serial killer. Then again, so did Vraak. He also voted for Uraj after BA did. Are they in league together?

BA put up that Vraak voted after Argoti was already lynched and pointed out that this was scummy behaviour. Would a fellow scum have done that? There was no real case against Vraak until that point. Thinks Samadhi is a bit scummy for saying he’ll have no part in the Melch vote until the Jag case was done with.
Points out that Melch sat at three votes and the remaining scum didn’t lynch. Although I must point out that Talitha unvoted within 10 hours of me putting hte third vote on. Role claims as kid really into music. Doesn’t care what anyone else thinks and that makes her cool. First to claim other than cheerleader or jock as plain townie. Is very convinced that melch is scum, doesn’t believe three cheerleaders in the game and he wasn’t responding to anything.

Talitha – Random votes Vraak on day 1. Into discussion Isaac/MeMe target for night 1. Also points at Yaw for voting BA when at least BA has posted and there are others that haven’t. Doesn’t know vraak is away. Unvotes Vraak as soon as she finds out (Could be scum ploy). Appreciates Yaw’s efforts to get the game moving and wouldn’t vote for him. Votes for Argoti as she gets suspicious of people that are content to sit back and not post. (ie lurk)
Day 2 – votes Uraj. In her next post, unvotes Uraj and votes Melch. Few posts day 2.
Day 3 – Rough that Yaw got killed. Suggests that scum was on one or both other scum wagons. Thinks it likely that scum had prepared roles to claim beforehand. (Is hers one of them? Or is BA’s?) Talitha votes Melch again after having voted and unvoted him earlier in the day. Unvotes Melch again when he had three votes to see about outcome of my claim. Thinks that maybe there is a back-up doc. Talitha is not a jock and is suspicious of so many cheerleader claims. Finally votes Melch again (lynching vote).
Day 4 – claims drama dude. Cool because got the lead in school play.

Question: aren’t drama club people considered drama GEEKS?

All in all, I think Talitha is the more likely one to be a scum, but I haven't got anything scummy on either one at the moment. Unless you count the no vote on Vraak by Talitha when she likes to have a vote on people and her infrequent posting on day 2. Or unless you count the vote on Uraj by BadAndie after he claimed to be a vig, which BadAndie thought might be a SK (just like Vraak did a few posts later). Is that Vraak putting a false lead on BA?
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #304 (isolation #45) » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:31 am

Post by Jaguar »

Let me explain the no lynch for today:

If we lynch wrong, we lose. We lynch a townie, scum takes out a townie, one scum and one town left on day 5, scum wins.

So either we lynch scum or we lose.

If we don't lynch, we go into night with 4. scum takes out 1 town, leaving 2 town and 1 scum for day 5.

Honestly, there are some good times to no-lynch. This is one of them, unless we can be 100% sure we lynch scum. Once again, I am not scum. I don't know how else to prove it to you. I have lots of gossip, but only four investigation results (Samadhi, thorred, Talitha and myself) and if we have a godfather instead of normal scum, the investigation would come back cool anyways.

Right now we are looking at a 1/4 chance to lynch scum (well, I know I'm not scum and Samadhi is likely not scum, not sure about Talitha or BadAndie, even with investigation results), so for me it's a one in 2 chance of lynching scum today. I agree, that tomorrow it could still be a 1 in 2 chance to lynch scum. Samadhi or I get taken out tonight, the remaining townies know there is one scum left, but they don't know who. If Samadhi survives, hopefully the other townie realizes that Samadhi is not scum and will vote for the remaining player. Of course, Samadhi still has to decide who the scum is.

I will tell you that if you lynch me now, the town will lose. Samadhi, please consider the option that I am who I say I am. Who looks more scummy to you? Talitha or BadAndie? To me it is still Talitha. She didn't vote for Vraak (yes I know, she was out of town, but she had a chance to put a vote on before she left and the arguments were good enough to do that) and she put the lynching vote on Melch. I jumped around so much it wasn't even funny and I agree that it could look scummy, but really, I was completely lost and thus wanted to get reactions from people with my vote.

With thorred's role revealed, I completely trust Samadhi to not be scum, but I have a hard time knowing which one of the two ladies claiming is telling the truth. I would like to think BadAndie as she put forth the evidence against Vraak at a time that there was no concrete case against him. That evidence is what did in Vraak at the end. And why would I be scum? I fought long and hard to get Vraak eliminated and I also threatened to vote Argoti. Since the lynch was already done by the time I said I would change my vote, I never did get to vote for him.

Since it looks like nobody will agree that a no-lynch is good:
. I will switch votes no more.
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #305 (isolation #46) » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:37 am

Post by Jaguar »

Sorry for the double post, but I missed the following:
Samadhi wrote:Too bad I didn't notice Thorred's comment a bit earlier yesterday. We could have saved three cool people. It's not too late to save the other three though.
thorred's post indicated that she indeed did not think the cheerleader claim odd. Instead she found BadAndie's claim odd. So then why would you vote for me? I am not a townie, I am not a jock, I am not a cheerleader. We could indeed have saved Melch, but we all seemed to have missed that comment in time. Either that or Talitha saw the comment and decided that she'd force the lynch rather than go on longer.

Also, I realize that Talitha will not vote for herself and will likely vote for me, since there is already someone voting for me. BadAndie, please have a look at all the posts and hopefully come to the same conclusion that I have. Samadhi, please review Talitha's posts and behaviour.
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #323 (isolation #47) » Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:50 am

Post by Jaguar »

Bah. I knew I had the right person :)

Well played, Talitha :)

And yes, I became the back-up doc after night 2 and the back-up cop after night 3. I knew it was going to look even worse for me if I had claimed both and was hoping that BadAndie would see it my way. Although I am sure that would have put us in a bad deadlock.

Yaw, I think you did fine. There wasn't much to go on for investigations the first two nights, and picking Samadhi was not a bad choice at all. Even if it was based on the gossip :D . It's just too bad that BA and Samadhi thought that I was scum :( Ah well, we all learn from our mistakes. Perhaps things would have turned out better if I had not claimed to be the back-up cop, but instead laid low a bit longer.
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #331 (isolation #48) » Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:40 am

Post by Jaguar »

Excellent game. I really did enjoy it. The possibility of a recruit evens out hte existence of the back-up cop/doc.

Yaw, I was really debating between you and Uraj for protection. I ended up going with Uraj :( My apologies. After I sent in the choice, I had major second thoughts and even before the night was over I had wished I had protected you instead. Ah well.
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #332 (isolation #49) » Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:41 am

Post by Jaguar »

Oh and Talitha, I am glad I could make you squirm :) Makes me feel less much better about my mafia playing skills :)
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #336 (isolation #50) » Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:13 pm

Post by Jaguar »

Night 4 - "Make up your own gossip" :)
I need a new tagline...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”