Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Pixar Mafia! (#102) Duh-duh-duh-done!

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:44 am

Post by JereIC »

Game over, town wins!

Welcome to Pixar mafia! These render farms used to be a fantastic place to live and raise a family (mind the drop-off), and it was not uncommon to see a family of clown fish versus a chest of toys in a game of Go Fish, or jackalopes and lamps bounding through a field, narrowly dodging the ants underfoot. It all came crashing down one day, though, when some stinking virus infected the system, and started deleting characters randomly. Now you twelve are ready to fight back, using whatever tools are at your disposal to run some mob-justice style anti-virus. It's erase or be erased time, and nobody here intends to lose without a fight. Good luck and have fun! Please confirm below, and send in your night choices if you make them.

About the game:

The theme of Pixar mafia is Pixar Studio's animated feature films, which are Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Toy Story 2, Monsters Inc., and Finding Nemo. Characters from all five films have been adapted for roles, but the roles are not necessarily exclusive to those five films. You can get some good information about all these movies at Pixar's website, the Internet Movie Database, Google, and of course your local rental store.

Alive: (2/12)

Fuldu, Woody, vigilante
shadyforce (replaced Medicated Lain), Squishy, roleblocker

Not So (10/12)

Leonidas, Marlin, doc, hacked to bits and FILE NOT FOUND
the silent speaker, Ursula, mafia, lynched
indentureddjinn, Hopper, replacement, FILE NOT FOUND
ZONEACE, Boo, movie cop, hacked to bits
Boomer Sooner, Dim, transporter, FILE NOT FOUND
Werebear, Randall, stalker, hacked to bits
PBuG, Little Green Alien, hider/blood donor, lynched
Fletcher, Hades, mafia, shot
Flying Dutchman, Geri, serial killer, lynched
mathcam, Scar, mafia, lynched
Last edited by JereIC on Wed May 05, 2004 10:05 am, edited 17 times in total.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:47 am

Post by JereIC »

Rules (No MeMe's were injured in the production of this game. Any similarity to her rules are purely coincidental.):
  • Night choices are due 72 hours after the fall of night (the lynch-scene). If you can't make a night choice by the deadline, let me know. If I don't hear from you by the deadline, I won't make a choice for you.
  • I may impose a day deadline if discussion gets slow. These deadline can be easily rescinded, but I'd rather not impose them at all.
  • Votes must be in
    bold
    . If you make a mistake with the BBcode, feel free to double post to make sure your vote is counted.
  • Contracts with Satan must be in
    blood
    . Not entirely sure why that could be an issue, though.
  • Please unvote before voting again.
  • Lynching will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, twilight falls upon the town and his life, and any attempts to unvote will be unheeded.
  • You may
    vote: no lynch
    – majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death.
  • The game is not to be discussed outside of the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so.
  • Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. Stop typing ANY relavent information.
  • Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts.
  • Don't quote PMs from me, and do not discuss the structure, word choice, or pictures (yeah, you all got them) in your role PM.
    This is instant mod-kill territory.

• If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
  • I'll post vote counts whenever I or y'all want them. If I make a mistake in one, let me know in the thread or by PM.
  • If you have any questions, you can pm me or ask in the thread for an answer. You can also PM me if you want to tell someone about your day, or you thought something another player wrote was funny, or just to say hi. :)
  • I am always right, and often accurate. If I've made a mistake, please tell my by PM as soon as possible. If you try to notify me in thread, I'll have to to edit your post.
  • If I'm going to be unavailable for more than a day, I'll post that information.
Most importantly... it's a game, have fun, and let everyone else have fun too!
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:21 pm

Post by JereIC »

Nope, you're 11th, Boomer. Leondias, where are yooouuu...
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #21 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:24 am

Post by JereIC »

Dawn (a few posts late):

You all awake and meet at Harry Hausen's to discuss The Plan over sushi. However, it quickly becomes clear that one person will not make it, at least not in the fashion they expected. On the menu at the sushi bar, scrawled in Dijon Ketchup, is the entry "LEONDIAS SPECIAL, HACKED UP JUST FOR YOU." The party breaks up, some looking for Leo's remains at the restaurant, others searching his home for clues. The search of Harry Hausen's turns up nothing, not one polygon; it's as if he was deleted. The party from Leo's home returns quickly, with more distressing news. His home turns out to have been a sea anemone, far from the drop-off. Inside it was a medicine bag, and a joke book.

Leondias has been hacked and deleted. He was Marlin, a good doctor and better comedian.

With 11 alive, it'll take 6 to avenge Leondias! Posting is acting wierd right now, and it may not be possible to post yet. Don't worry about it, just get started when you can.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #35 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:19 am

Post by JereIC »

Vote Count:
(du du DUUUNH!)
the silent speaker
: indentureddjinn, Medicated Lain
Werebear
: ZONEACE, mathcam
Medicated Lain
: PBug
mathcam
: Fletcher
ZONEACE
: Boomer Sooner
PBug
: the silent speaker
Boomer Sooner
: Flying Dutchman
Fletcher
: Fuldu
Not Voting
: Werebear

6 will cinch the lynch.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #57 (isolation #5) » Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:32 pm

Post by JereIC »

Final Vote Count:

the silent speaker
: indentureddjinn, Medicated Lain, PBug, Boomer Sooner, ZONEACE, Fuldu
Boomer Sooner
: Flying Dutchman, the silent speaker
mathcam
: Fletcher
Not Voting
: Werebear, mathcam

With Marlin's murder still fresh on their mind (and the other sushi fresh in their tummies), the random accusations eventually turn to full suspicion of the silent speaker. Without warning, the crowd turns to him.

"So, who are you, exactly?" asks one brave soul.

"It is I, Emporer Zurg, supreme ruler of the Plant Z!" says the silent speaker, his fist clenched. Then, pointing at the other characters one by one, he says, "You shall bring to me the cursed Buzz Lightyear at once, so that I... may befriend him."

Everyone stares at the silent speaker in dumbfound silence, all jaws slightly agape.

"Yeah, he's scum. Lynch him," a sarcastic voice finally decides. The crowd rushes the silent speaker with the restaurant's knives, slicing and dicing the surprisingly loud victim. As speaker's shrill screams die down, the crowd steps back to inspect their handywork, only to make a surprising discovery.

"That's... that's not Zurg."

Indeed, it is not Emporer Zurg, or like anything that has ever resided on the Pixar render farms. It is Ursula,
the sea-witch of The Little Mermaid. Ursula was a virus.

And now it's night! Get those choices in by Monday, 8 PM EST.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #58 (isolation #6) » Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:17 pm

Post by JereIC »

Just a reminder, choices are due Monday, 8PM EST. If you need an extension, feel free to ask for it. If I don't hear from you, then I'm not going to make a choice for you.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #59 (isolation #7) » Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:14 pm

Post by JereIC »

Sorry about the delay, y'all.

After a night of heavy partying, celebrating the elimination of Ursula, all of you gather at Ant Island to discuss today's plan. The island would be cramped for ten, but unfortunately (or fortunately for claustraphobics) only eight are there. Sullenly, the survivors of the night begin the first task of the day: finding the remains of ZONEACE and indentureddjinn.

It turns out indentureddjinn had been under your noses (or feet) all along. A reverse registry lookup reveals that indentureddjinn was more often refered to as Hopper
from A Bug's Life. Hopper, gifted at just-in-time solutions and analytic thought, could assume the role of any player that had died. All other references to Hopper are gone from the mainframe, however.

ZONEACE is another, more grisly affair. At the Monsters Inc scare floor, you find a single, slightly ajar door leading to a Boo's room,
and bits and pieces of Boo seem to be everywhere. As the faint of heart scurry out, one of you notices the DVD player next to slightly out-of-place file folders of Disney and Pixar character crayon drawings. Boo was a movie cop, and could tell what movie another player was from. The sound of this child's laugh will surely be missed.

Indentureddjinn, Hopper (replacement) was deleted.
ZONEACE, Boo (movie cop), was hacked to bits

With 8 alive, 5 will lynch!
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #67 (isolation #8) » Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:57 am

Post by JereIC »

Sorry for the confusion; Hopper had no innate ability to kill.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #80 (isolation #9) » Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:02 pm

Post by JereIC »

Vote Count!
Fletcher
: Werebear, PBug, mathcam
Not Voting
: Boomer Sooner, Fletcher, Flying Dutchman, Fuldu, Medicated Lain

Five votes is the number we're looking four (ah, punnery...).
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #100 (isolation #10) » Sun Apr 11, 2004 8:09 am

Post by JereIC »

It's Easter Sunday, so I'm not expecting a huge amount of posting, but activity has to pick up after Monday.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #103 (isolation #11) » Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:53 pm

Post by JereIC »

Yeah... we need more discussion than that.

I'm going to impose a day deadline of noon, Saturday (4/16), EST. At that point, 4 votes will be sufficent to lynch somebody. If two people have 4 votes, the first one to have reached 4 will be lynched. The day can also end earlier if somebody gets 5 votes.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #108 (isolation #12) » Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:52 am

Post by JereIC »

Vote Count!
Yayay!

Flying Dutchman
Fuldu, mathcam
Fletcher
Werebear
mathcam
PBug

Five to lynch now, four at the deadline.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #113 (isolation #13) » Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:53 pm

Post by JereIC »

I'll prod PBug and Medicated Lain.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #117 (isolation #14) » Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:49 am

Post by JereIC »

PBuG has replied saying that he's having difficulty posting to this topic.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #120 (isolation #15) » Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:41 am

Post by JereIC »

Apologies for the date mistake. The deadline is tommorow, 4/17 at noon.

All you need are
Vote Counts!

Flying Dutchman
Fuldu, mathcam, Boomer Sooner
Boomer Sooner
Fletcher, Flying Dutchman
Fletcher
Werebear
mathcam
PBuG

5 does the dead now, but 4 will do tommorow.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #125 (isolation #16) » Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:30 am

Post by JereIC »

The final vote count
Flying Dutchman
Fuldu, mathcam, Boomer Sooner
Boomer Sooner
Fletcher, Flying Dutchman, PBuG
Fletcher
Werebear
Not voting: Medicated Lain

The debate is fast and furious between Fletcher and Werebear, one accusing the other, as the rest of you try to make sense of the heinous murders. Finally, Werebear's attacks start to sound true, and you circle around Fletcher. Fletcher, preparing himself for the worse, answers his accusers.

"I'll admit it. I'm Stinky Pete, I had the beans this morning, I'm sorry, I knew what the consequeces would be..."

"I wasn't going to raise the issue of the smell," Werebear says.

"Actually, maybe we should raise that issue. That is rotten, man," Fuldu says.

"Yeah, I'm getting kind of light-headed," PBug says. "Can we go somewhere else, at least some place a little bigger than this island?"

"I've got just the place!" mathcam says, and a hop, skip, and a jump later, you find yourselves in Sydney Harbor... where it's almost 4am. Already tired, you only have time for a few more accusations before sleep over takes everyone. Y'all soon head to your respective homes, no lynch for the day.

Nobody dies! Night 3 starts now, and ends by 5PM, Tuesday EST.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #126 (isolation #17) » Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:28 am

Post by JereIC »

Shadyforce replaces Medicated Lain.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #127 (isolation #18) » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:45 am

Post by JereIC »

Andy's room is as good a place as any to meet again, although the mostly bare shelves are an indicator of just how far the virus's destruction has come. Roll is called, and again two go missing; Boomer Sooner and Werebear. Everyone picks up their things and heads out for the truth.

Boomer seemed to stick close to Ant Island, so the group searches until they find the Boomer's abode, the animal cracker box, and one time travelling Flea Circus. There appears to be no trace of the previous occupant however, and it takes you some time to realize Boomer Sooner must have been Dim
from A Bug's Life, and he was a transporter. Each night, he could make another player target anybody he selected besides himself, in addition to whoever they chose to target that night. This didn't work for all roles, however.

Back at Monsters Inc, you scour the boiler room for any sign of Werebear. At first it appears that he has been deleted the same way Boomer, until you stumble across one very well camouflaged and very well hacked bit of Werebear. Werebear was Randall
from Monsters Inc. He was a stalker; each night he could follow another player and see everyone they target or were targeted by, but could not distinguish which way the targetting went.

Boomer Sooner, Dim (transporter) has been deleted!
Werebear, Randall (stalker) has been hacked to bits!
There are 6 left alive, and it'll take 4 to lynch! Let's get it on!
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #131 (isolation #19) » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:49 pm

Post by JereIC »

Randall was indeed pro-town.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #161 (isolation #20) » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:59 am

Post by JereIC »

Yikes! Didn't mean to be away for so long, sorry folks. Anyway, onto the vote count and LYNCHSCENE.

Caution: High-Votage Lines!

PBuG
: Fletcher, Flying Dutchman, mathcam, Shadyforce
Fletcher
: PBuG, Fuldu

The crowd is quick and vindictive, hurling accusations before the sleep is shaken out of all of their eyes. Quickest and vindictiveivi... vindickie... vickiewickie... toughest is PBuG. Too quick for the rest of the crowd, in fact. As y'all gather around him, he leaps quickly to his own defense.

"Please, do not hurt me, my only master is the claw! The claw choses who shall go..." he says in squeaks.

"Yeah, we've heard the speil," says Flying Dutchman. "Get the firecracker."

"Of what firecracker do you speak?" asks PBuG, not noticing mathcam coming back from his short expidition to Sid's room next door. With the help of shadyforce and some duct tape, the four attach the firecracker to PBuG's back, light the fuse and stick him out the window. With one last desperate cry for help, PBuG is sent heaven-ward, and just as he becomes too small to see, the firecracker pops, sending pieces of PBuG everwhere. One such piece floats back to the room and into the window where it lands on the desk, charred but the writing on it still mostly ledgible.

...anufactured for Pizza Planet by Stel....

PBuG, Little Green Alien, hider/blood donor, has been lynched.
Night 4 begins now, and ends by Monday, 5 PM EST. With 5 left alive, I'd love to have them sooner than that.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #162 (isolation #21) » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:31 am

Post by JereIC »

Al's Toy Barn is as good a place as any for the last four of you to meet, and as it turns out, you don't have to look that far for the fifth person, either. Guided by the smell, you find Fletcher tucked neatly behind some aisles of bouncy balls, a single bullet hole between his eyes. However, there's something different about his odor this morning; it smells more like brimstone than anything else.

Fletcher,

Hades from Hercules, was shot between the eyes. He was a virus.

With the final four alive, three votes will lynch. Boom shaka laka!
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #185 (isolation #22) » Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:16 pm

Post by JereIC »

I'm 95% certain I'm coming down with a flu, so I may be a little flakier than normal. Curse you, mother nature!

Va-va-vote count!

No Lynch
Mathcam
Not voting, for legitimate targets at least:
Flying Dutchman, Fuldu, shadyforce

Three to lynch.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #204 (isolation #23) » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:13 am

Post by JereIC »

PBuG was pro-town. All else will be revealed in time.

"But Jere, why didn't he claim to be a blood..."

All else will be revealed in time.

"So was he the serial..."

No, he was pro-town.

"Ok, but..."

All. Else. Will. Be. Revealed. In. Time.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #231 (isolation #24) » Sat May 01, 2004 8:57 am

Post by JereIC »

Count Votula reporting!

Flying Dutchman
: Shadyforce
Mathcam
No Lynch
: mathcam
Not voting
: Fuldu

3 to lynch.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #235 (isolation #25) » Mon May 03, 2004 11:08 am

Post by JereIC »

Last call Vote Count

Flying Dutchman
: Shadyforce, Fuldu, mathcam
Mathcam

As you each reveal your identities, it becomes clear someone's lying. As you talk and fight, you decide that someone must be Flying Dutchman. The other three corner FD and jump him, pummeling him with whatever comes to hand. His last screams of being too cute to die fall on deaf ears, and soon FD is little more than a pile of polygons. Y'all step back and investigate your handywork. Much to your collective horror, you find no evidence of Flying Dutchman being a virus.

You do find a meat cleaver, though.

Flying Dutchman was Geri from Geri's Game, and he was a Serial Killer.

I am totally not getting sued for that!

Y'all leap for joy as you realize your victory. However, as night falls, y'all sense that you still have more to do. This battle is not won yet... or lost.

Night 5 begins now, and ends by Thursday, 8 PM EST!
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #236 (isolation #26) » Tue May 04, 2004 3:35 pm

Post by JereIC »

Y'all awake and find yourselves, still aching from the party, in the middle of nowhere... literally. The sets and props are gone, and all that is left is white nothingness. It has come down to the three of you, apparently with no distractions, to duke it out in one last three-way standoff.

Nobody died last night! With three left alive, two will lynch.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #251 (isolation #27) » Wed May 05, 2004 9:59 am

Post by JereIC »

The course of action is clear for shadyforce and Fuldu: mathcam must die. A simple precipice forms in front of them, and they slowly but surely push mathcam to the edge. Mathcam walks silently backwards, his eyes never straying from shadyforce or Fuldu. Finally, having pushed their prey to the edge of certain doom, shadyforce address mathcam.
"We've rounded up your brother and sister in crime, cam, and now all that's left is for you to reveal yourself before we end this," he says in a confident voice.

"Reveal myself? Like this?" Mathcam asks, and in a swirl of black and orange, mathcam transforms himself into the gaunt body and disfigured face of Scar, nemesis of
The Lion King
. He takes a pace towards shadyforce. "Why I'm just an old cat." A sudden fire enters his eyes as he crouches down and turns to Fuldu. "And I'm about to learn a new trick."

Before either shadyforce or Fuldu can react, mathcam pounces on Fuldu, crushing Fuldu in his powerful jaws. Shadyforce charges mathcam, hitting him in the shoulder all his stingers out. mathcam roars in pain before slapping shadyforce away.
"That HURT!" mathcam yells, Fuldu still limp like a ragdoll in his mouth. With a flick of his mane, mathcam sends Fuldu flying past the edge. As Fuldu disappears in the depth, the landscape begins to change dramatically. The featureless precipice suddenly turns to a vulcan rock cliff, the red rocky walls suddenly come in, and the floor cracks and crumbles, revealing geothermal vents underneath. The air is filled with the smell of sulfur and the sound of cackling hyenas.

"You can't win this, Scar!" shadyforce yells. "With your wound, you won't be able to kill me tonight, and tomorrow I'll just sting you again! It's a draw and you know it!"
"Yes, that has been troubling me," mathcam replies. "But you see, this is my barren rocky canyon, and if you intend to sting me again, you'll have to catch me in it. Here, you are just... a fish out of water."
Mathcam, still limping from the sting, approaches shadyforce, towering over the squirming form on dry rock. His teeth and eyes glowing in the moonlight, he raises one massive paw over shadyforce.
"I win," mathcam says, tensing his muscles for the kill.

"Reach for the sky!" a voice calls from nearby. Mathcam snarls with rage and turns to see Fuldu, standing at the apex of a rock pile.
"I thought you were dead," mathcam says.
"Afraid not," Fuldu says.
"We'll have to fix that, won't we," mathcam says, rearing his body up. He pounces suddenly and savagely, throwing his full weight at Fuldu. While mathcam is still in mid-air, Fuldu whips his revolver out, emptying it into mathcam. mathcam crashes into Fuldu like a graceless sack of bricks, sending out a loud crunching sound. For a moment, everything seems to stand sill, but then the surroundings dissolve back into the featureless white abyss the day started with. Shadyforce watches mathcam's body for any signs of life. As the body remains still, he begins to calm down. The virus is finally gone from render farms, but at such a great cost, he thinks, before noticing the movement in mathcam's paw. Stingers out again, he hurls himself at the paw.

"Whoa, easy there!" Fuldu yells as he emerges from under mathcam's paw, stopping shadyforce in his tracks.
"I thought you were dead!" shadyforce says, a shocked ripple coursing through his tendrils.
"Yeah, I get that a lot," Fuldu says, dusting himself off.
"So what do we do now?" shadyforce asks. "Not much here anymore, no signs of life except for you and me."
"Not quite," Fuldu says, and points to crack in the abyss. From it, during the last few minutes, a single blade of grass from the old hope-filled fields has emerged.
"I think it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen," shadyforce says, sounding genuinely choked up. "What do we do with the big guy here?" he asks, pointing to mathcam.
"Fertilizer." Fuldu smirks.
"Wow, how very... circle of life."

mathcam, Scar from The Lion King, has been lynched. He was mafia.

Leaving two town survivors:
shadyforce was Squishy from Finding Nemo, and was a role-blocker

Fuldu was Woody from the Toy Story movies, and was a vigilante

Congratulations town, you have won! And good job to the mafia and Flying Dutchman!

Game details to follow.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #253 (isolation #28) » Wed May 05, 2004 10:27 am

Post by JereIC »

Roles:

The Evil

Three mafia: Scar, Ursula and Hades. Like most mafia, each night one of them can go out and make a kill. They will delete their targets.
Mathcam
Welcome to Pixar mafia. You are...
Scar, from Disney's The Lion King. You, Ursula (the silent speaker), and Hades (Fletcher) are the mafia. Life's not fair for the denizens of Pixar's render farms, or at least it hasn't been since Disney spies installed you three onto Pixar's network. Each night, y'all have the option of going and killing any other player. Just tell me who you kill, and which of y'all does the killing. Please confirm in thread, and send me y'all's night choice. Good luck, and have fun!
the silent speaker
Ursula, from Disney's The Little Mermaid. You, Hades (Fletcher), and Scar (mathcam) are the mafia. It is y'all's task to eliminate these poor unfortunate souls on the Pixar render farm, one at a time. Life's full of tough choices, innit? Each night, y'all have the option of going and killing any other player. Just tell me who you kill, and which of y'all does the killing. Please confirm in thread, and send me y'all's night choice. Good luck, and have fun!
Fletcher
Hades, from Disney's Hercules. You, Scar (mathcam), and Ursula (the silent speaker) are the mafia. The denizens of the Pixar render farms must die, and let's face, they're going to need some help from the pros. That's where you, Hades, god of the underworld, ferryman of the river Styx, keeper of the shades on damned, come in, along with those two other villains. Each night, y'all have the option of going and killing any other player. Just tell me who you kill, and which of y'all does the killing. Please confirm in thread, and send me y'all's night choice. Good luck, and have fun!
Flying Dutchman
Geri: Serial killer. Hacks his targets to bits (have him go cannibal and take a byte out as well?)
Geri, a.k.a The Cleaner from Toy Story 2. In this game, you are the Serial Killer. Here's a picture of Geri with a meat cleaver to illustrate.
I am totally not getting sued for that! Anyway, after your cameo in Toy Story 2, you realized how maligned the other shorts characters were, and decided to get revenge by killing all the feature-length characters. Each night, you have the option of killing any other player in the game. You are anti-town, and win if you are the only player alive. Please confirm in the thread, and send me your night choice. Good luck, and have fun!
Pro-town

Leondias
Marlin: Doctor. In order to protect, he must tell a successful joke sometime during the day. With luck, Boo will be there to laugh at his jokes.
Marlin from Finding Nemo, and you're a doctor! As a clownfish, you should know better than anyone else that laughter is the best medicine. Each day, you have to post something that makes somebody else laugh, and each night you can protect anyone besides yourself. If you don't make somebody laugh, you won't be able to protect anyone that night. Please confirm in thread (and tell a joke), and send me your night choice. Good luck, and have fun!
shadyforce (replaced Medicated Lain)
Squishy: Roleblocker. Can block up to two people each night, but must sandwich their posts twice.
I shall call you Squishy, and you shall be a roleblocker, and you shall be the roleblocker Squishy. C'mere, Squishy!

Er, sorry, as I was saying, you are the little jellyfish Squishy from Finding Nemo, and you are a pro-town roleblocker. You block people by touching them with you stingers, and then knocking them out for the night. In order to hit people with your stingers, you have to "sandwich" two of their posts, that is post immediately before and after two of their posts. You can block up to two people a night, but you can sandwich as many people as you want. Each night, I'll let you know who you can block, and you tell me which one(s) you want to block. Please confirm in the thread, and if you sandwich somebody twice in the confirm thread, let me know if you want to block them. Good luck, and have fun!
ZONEACE
Boo: Movie cop. Investigates once a night, and is told what movie the target is from. Marlin should provide some material to laugh at.
Boo from Monsters Inc., and you're a cop! Each night, you can stay up past your bedtime to take a peek at another player. You've seen all the Disney and Pixar movies about a thousand times each, so you'll remember what movie each player is from, but not their actual name. Note that you won't be able to identify characters unless they were in a feature-length Disney or Pixar movie. Also, note that you're using a DVD player from the monster world, and each day you have to laugh at something another player posted in order to charge it up (I don't count as another player). Please confirm in thread, laugh at somebody there, and send your choice for tonight. Good luck, and have fun!
Werebear
Randall: Stalker. Investigates once a night and is told all players who target or are targetted by his stalkee.
Randall from Monsters Inc, and you're a stalker! Ok, that's not so great, but you are pro-town, and you can get some helpful information for the town. Each night, you can follow any other player, and you'll find out everyone they interact with, that is everyone they target or who targets them. Note that I won't tell you whether each person targeted or was targeted by your stalkee, you just get the name(s). Please confirm in thread, and send me your choice for tonight. Good luck, and have fun!
indentureddjinn
Hopper: Replacement. When other people die, the exact details of their role will be hidden, so giveaways are not exposed (say, Marlin's joke-telling).
Hopper from A Bug's Life, and you're a replacement! As the former leader of a vicious grasshopper gang, you posses a variety of useful skills, which you can put to use as soon as somebody else. Each day, you have the option of assuming the role of anyone who has been killed or lynched. You have to get the choice in between the time I start the day and when I post the lynch-scene and lock the thread. You will remain Hopper to all appearances, but you gain the powers and burdens of whomever you replace. Right now, you are pro-town, and win when all evil is eliminated, but you can become anti-town by deciding to replace an anti-town role. Your choice is permanent, so choose wisely. Please confirm in the thread, good luck, and have fun!
boomer sooner
Dim: Night choice manipulator. Each night, can bring another target to any other player. Unless they kill or are the alien, they'll target Dim's cargo as well.
What happens when Dim brings another target to...
Scar, Ursula, Hades, Geri, Woody: Nothing happens.
Marlin, Squishy, Boo: Target Dim's cargo in addition to their target, even if they don't make their restrictions.
Randall: Stalks Dim's cargo as well.
Alien: Dim is told that he searched high and low for the the alien, but couldn't find him.
Dim from A Bug's Life! Each night, you have the option of bringing another target to some other player, and they'll target whoever you've brought to them in addition to their night choices. The exception is killing roles; your cargo won't get killed because you took them to the mafia or any other player that kills for night choices. There may be other roles that can only target one person per night. After that's done, everyone goes on with their lives. You won't know what happens to your targets or the people you've brought them to, but you can rest assured that you are helping. Please send me your night choices (if you make them) by PM, and confirm in thread. Good luck, and have fun!
Fuldu
Woody: Vigilante. Gets first shot, so he blocks killers as well as kill his target, depending on precedence.
Woody from the two Toy Story movies, and you are a vigilante! As the rootinest-tootinest sheriff in the west, you are the fastest draw in the game, so you shoot before anyone else. If you shoot a bad guy who's trying to kill somebody else, you'll block that kill. Please confirm in the thread, and tell me whether or not you want to attempt a kill tonight. Good luck, and have fun!
PBuG
Three-eyed squeaky alien: Hides, and can't be targeted. However, if whomever he hides with is targeted by a killer, he takes the bullet, essentially acting like a blood donor. But will he use alien this way?
a three-eyed green alien from the Toy Story movies! In this world of danger, you have one ace up your plastic sleeve: the ability to run like hell to somebody bigger than you. Each night, you can seek protection from another player. When you are being protected, anyone who targets you will fail, no matter what they're targeting you for. However, if the person you're seeking protection is attacked, you'll die instead of them, and if you seek protection from an anti-town player, they'll kill you instead of who they chose that night. Please confirm in the thread and send me your night choice, if you want to seek protection tonight. If you chose not to seek protection during the night, please tell me that as well, so I know that you don't want to make a choice. Good luck, and have fun!
Mechanic info: Squishy can't block an alien seeking protection, and the alien is still protected if his protector is blocked.
Randall can't stalk an alien seeking protection, but if he stalks the protector, he'll see the alien.
Geri, Scar, Hades and Ursula are all anti-town, and will kill an alien seeking protection. If an alien seeks protection from the mafia, they'll kill him instead of their target whether or not he's seeking protection from the killing mafioso. Marlin can't block these kills, since he can't target the alien.
Dim is totally ineffective in transporting people to the alien.
All other roles behave like you'd expect.

Presedence:
The alien seeks protection.
Squishy roleblocks, Randall begins to stalk, and Dim transports (so Squishy will roleblock them, but otherwise they can affect and see his actions).
Marlin protects.
Woody kills.
Maifa, SK kill simultaneously.
Boo and Randall receive info.
Everyone has a bagel.
Day breaks.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #255 (isolation #29) » Wed May 05, 2004 10:42 am

Post by JereIC »

Night Choices

Night 1:
mathcam kills Leondias for the mafia
Flying Duthman also kills Leondias
ZONEACE laughs investigates Werebear, gets back "Monsters Inc."
Werebear follows PBuG, sees him alone
Everyone else reserves their choices

Night 2:
Fletcher kills indentureddjinn for the mafia
Flying Dutchman kills ZONEACE
Boomer Sooner carries mathcam to Flying Dutchman, nothing happens
ZONEACE fails to laugh, can't investigate
Werebear stalks Fletcher, sees him with indentureddjinn

Night 3:
mathcam kills Boomer Sooner for the mafia
Flying Dutchman Werebear
Werebear stalks Flying Dutchman
Shadyforce replaces Medicated Lain

Night 4:
mathcam attepmts to kill shadyforce for the mafia
Flying Dutchman attepmts to kill mathcam
Fuldu kills Fletcher
shadyforce stings and blocks mathcam and Flying Dutchman

Night 5:
mathcam attempts to kill Fuldu for the mafia
Fuldu attempts to kill shadyforce
Shadyforce stings and blocks Fuldu and mathcam
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #257 (isolation #30) » Wed May 05, 2004 11:21 am

Post by JereIC »

My Thoughts

First, this was a really fun game for me to mod. I want to thank everyone for contributing and keeping it fun and civil.

On the game-design front, I made some mistakes with the roles, which were probably frustrating to some players. Dim was close to useless, and confusing to boot, so I'd like to apologize to Boomer Sooner for it. I like the idea of a Dim-style night choice manipulator, but it was pretty difficult to make the role useful in its current form.

Hopper was originally going to be a nurse (and that had a pretty coherent backstory), but having played the nurse before, I can say it's frustrating to just sit around and wait for the doc to die. Additionally, I really relished the idea that somebody who was nominally pro-town had the option of becoming an anti-town role, say the serial killer. So Hopper became a replacement. However, I also originally intended to spill everything about a role as soon as the player was killed, but that would obviously have been bad if ID had wanted to replace Marlin or Boo, since ID would have had to fill those same role-restrictiono. The kludge I worked out was not good enough, since ID could have been taking on a role with potentially hidden mechanics. A possible solution would have been to send Hopper the role PMs of dead players, editing to hide mafia co-conspiritors.

I really should have made it clear that the alien could be used as a blood donor, but not forced that option on the role. Sorry, PBuG.

And then there's Squishy. Shadyforce played this role about as well as I had thought possible, and he deserves kudos for using this role to its fullest, but I think that revealed just how overpowering it was. Hindsight is 20/20, but I must have been insane letting Squishy block
two
people at once. Sandwiching was a pretty bad restriction as well; when I was placing the posting restrictions, I decided that they should encourage people to post more, not less. I think I accomplished that with Boo and Marlin, and I thought I was doing the same with Squishy, but I realize now that once his secret got out, people would have an incentive to post
less
, although shady obviously posted like a maniac to make his role powerful (did I mention he deserves kudos for using his role to its max?). As Flying Dutchman pointed out to me in a PM, it was insanely hard for scum to win against a roleblocker and a vigilante, much less a double-roleblocker and a first-shot vigilante. So, sorry scum, bad Jere, nice work Shady!

Speaking of Flying Dutchman, I wanted the serial killer to look innocent if investigated and have an escape if forced to role-claim, so I decided to make him a Pixar character. For some reason, I couldn't get the idea of Geri with a big knife out of my head, so I made him the serial killer, and used some Photoshop mojo to get the knife in his hand. Then I set up the rest of the game, with the intention of putting some other shorts charecters in. But as you can see, I never did, so Geri lost the easy escape, although I though the Nemo claim looked credible.

Anyway, enough from me. What did y'all think? This is only my second succesful game, so I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts, comments, rants, raves, cookie recipes, and any other constructive criticisms. I'm considering running a big theme version of the game, so any theme-specific comments would be helpful too.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #260 (isolation #31) » Wed May 05, 2004 5:35 pm

Post by JereIC »

the silent speaker wrote:If inddjinn had chosen to replace me, what would have happened? Would he have joined the Mafia for all purposes, or become a serial killer, or what? Would he have known them and they him?
ID would have become a full-fledged member of the mafia, and emulated you in every way. The only difference is that if ZONEACE had investigated him, he would have gotten back "A Bug's Life" instead of "The Little Mermaid".

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”