Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:49 am

Post by Nyankotachi »

Randomidget why :lol:

VOTE: Burn

Because burning?
Hydra of Mikazuki + Hydrangea

We write very differently so you should be able to tell us apart, but we will do our best to sign posts. Nya~ =w=
Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:13 pm

Post by Nyankotachi »

Okay, I was under the impression that Kari was a new player who didn't understand RVS or something, hence the weird comment and sudden jump off BBT. Since you're an alt, that's apparently not the case. Calling BBT's initial target an omgus despite him having a reason for it etc. Keeing an eye on this one :igmeou:

BBT's tunnelling is pretty typical of him, meh so far, nothing really catching my attention, continue as you will.

Prohawk seems fine so far. You're questioning McMenno's vote on you, do you see it as not random?

~ M

We write very differently so you should be able to tell us apart, but we will do our best to sign posts. Nya~ =w=
Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:07 pm

Post by Nyankotachi »

My head of the hydra is on v/la till the 8th for uni.

~H

Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (isolation #3) » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:41 pm

Post by Nyankotachi »

Yes, I thought it looked random, hence why I was wondering why you thought to question it.

Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #125 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:04 pm

Post by Nyankotachi »

In post 124, Mikazuki wrote:What.

Domino and Boon hadn't posted either at that point, does he have a reason to pick you over them?

Vote with no useful comment on the easiest target right now? Nah, I don't like it either.

~ M

(Sorry, might forget to change accounts sometimes)

Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #145 (isolation #5) » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:46 pm

Post by Nyankotachi »

In post 144, Mikazuki wrote:If Prohawk isn't town, I'm going to be very sad.

Uh... I've played multiple pokemon games but SP's analysis is still going completely over my head, I might leave the game theory stuff to you guys. Am I right to understand that since mod said that dark pokemon are not necessarily dark type pokemon, SP's conclusion that random must be town based on the flame orb thing is invalid?

~ M

Why do I keep doing this :facepalm:

Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #175 (isolation #6) » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:24 pm

Post by Nyankotachi »

Mika head of this hydra is going on v/la until the 10th (9th for most of you guys) because exams suck. I will try to keep up with reading as much as I can.

The Hydra part of this hydra should be back tomorrow-ish though so shouldn't be much of a problem.

A few closing thoughts. Eh, ZZZX is... ZZZX. He very rarely makes sense to me, nothing in particular that feels off from him yet. Lucky's was eww. I was actually starting to agree with the Marcell 'coaching' thing that was brought up a few times, but if there's day talk then I guess that's null. Not sure why Marcell's current strategy is voting random people with low post counts though, keeping an eye on that one. I'm not sure what to think of random at this point, his outright asking about what talk is avaliable to scum feels genuine at this point but could be a form of distancing. BBT seems like the usual town BBT but he hates meta so I'll just go for protown for now.

In post 170, Randomnamechange wrote:I have a move that lets me give my item away. This works by tartgetting myself then choosing my target in the attack phase.

Eh? Ooookay, I thought that the point of the target phase is to target, but I see no reason to doubt this.

In post 168, BlueBloodedToffee wrote: - Nyan, same question for you. You seem unimpressed with Kari's town read on me yet don't think it's sufficient reasoning to vote at this point in the game. Why not?

Half because Hydra hasn't been around for me to talk to and half because Kari has also not been around to elaborate on her weird behavior. Also, I did find her main account, and looking through her posts, this type of posting actually seems somewhat typical of her.

For now,
Target: Marcell

Voting for a player with low post count with no other reason after ignoring BBT's question about his stance on Kari. Why?

~ M

Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #185 (isolation #7) » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:01 pm

Post by Nyankotachi »

In post 182, Randomnamechange wrote: There is scum hunting in my vote.

?? your vote is on yourself so where is the scum hunting element in that?
-------------------------------------

As Mika said she will be on v/la for a bit so I will be taking over this hydra for now. I am still on v/la till the end of tomorrow (Australian time) so it is unlikely I will post again until the night of the 9th / start of the 10th. After that I will be fully active.

BBT you had some questions, mika says she will answer you later~

~H

Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #188 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:28 am

Post by Nyankotachi »

In post 187, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:This inactivity from a hydra is deeply disturbing. Both heads are this inactive? Really? Hmm...

We are unfortunately both in the midst of mid-sem exams. We are giving as much time as we can at the present.

~H

Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #191 (isolation #9) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:31 am

Post by Nyankotachi »

In post 189, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Not your hydra. You have at least provided ~things~

Talking about the Burn hydra.

ah my bad, apologies~

~H

Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #248 (isolation #10) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:37 am

Post by Nyankotachi »

@Burn feel like furnishing us with any opinions of the game or players? Surely at least one head of your hydra has some opinion on the game?

I like BBT's idea about a 'concentration' of votes. 2 or 3 sounds like a better idea then everyone just voting for whatever and not concentrating as a team.

~H

Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #254 (isolation #11) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:48 am

Post by Nyankotachi »

Have not consulted with mika yet so this is my personal pick. It would be burn, marcrell, and well honestly there are so many lurkers at the moment that I don't know who to choose from in that basket. So burn and marcrell for the moment with a pending third. Actually third would probably be Kari.

~H

Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #309 (isolation #12) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:17 am

Post by Nyankotachi »

In post 185, Nyankotachi wrote:
In post 182, Randomnamechange wrote: There is scum hunting in my vote.

?? your vote is on yourself so where is the scum hunting element in that?

~H
In post 231, Randomnamechange wrote:Because of the way rules work I can buy a potion and heal myself during the attack phase.

I must be misunderstanding something here, you targeting yourself with a potion is scumhunting?

@BBT: Answering an old question in case you're still interested, I did not target Kari without asking Hydra and then targeted Marcell because I wasn't sure what to make of Kari's weird posts, whereas I actually found Marcell's actions inherently scummy, or at very least worth pushing.

As for what is 'typical' for Kari, I've found short posts with little explanation mostly. I'm certainly not saying that it being typical for her makes her town, just that I'm not likely to scumread her for that reason alone. Her recent posts aren't exactly filling me with confidence, but my gut says more town lean than scum at the moment.

Okay, now to read the rest.

~ M

Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #311 (isolation #13) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:17 am

Post by Nyankotachi »

In post 132, Marcrell wrote:I'd lean towards putting the vote on someone speaking less. A bit scummy there.

VOTE: ZZZX
In post 216, Marcrell wrote:

I didn't vote ZZX for lurk. It was a slight dislike of his first three posts and limited other content.

Orly?

SP's 'townslip' doesn't 100% guarantee him as town to me, but I see no reason to doubt it, so I'm pretty happy with BBT, Lucky, Prohawk and SP as townleans at the moment.

Okay, so I WAS starting to lean town on Kari mostly because of her attitude but:
In post 299, Kari wrote:^ is most definitely scum.
In post 299, Kari wrote:im done. i need to cool off. go hunt actual scum rather than tunnel one unlucky person and pray they're scum.

You're certain that Burn is scum, but then in that last sentence you treat him as town. Um???

~ M

Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #345 (isolation #14) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:00 pm

Post by Nyankotachi »

In post 136, Randomnamechange wrote:Isn't trick.

^ Or not.

In post 338, Kari wrote:that last statement implies the "if you are, for some fucked up reason, town" clause i tend to use, Nyan.

To be completely honest, I do believe I have done the same thing as town before due to uncertainty and such, so I won't in good faith consider that a straight scumslip. Although if I had to pick one scum out of Kari and Burn though I'd still go for Kari, Burn's recent posts are very productive.

ZZZX feels very much like the typical town ZZZX I've played with before so far, although his actual contribution so far is quite minimal. Come back soon please...

Now that's he's actually here, Boon's posting so far feels fine. seems to indicate a willingness to engage and scumhunt, although I agree with Mario that his strategy may not be the best. Can your explain your strong townread of Burn though?

Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #357 (isolation #15) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:50 pm

Post by Nyankotachi »

In post 348, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 346, MarioManiac4 wrote:What exactly seems fine about Boon's posting, Nyan? 327 just offers a townread of one player.

Someone butthurt over me puting suspicion on them? Heh.
In post 349, MarioManiac4 wrote:Butthurt? I never even mentioned that you were scum, I wanted to know her reasons of townreading you a bit more.

What. This exchange is a freaking trainwreck. 'Butthurt'? What are we, 12 year olds on 4chan? :facepalm:

In post 345, Nyankotachi wrote:
Now that's he's actually here, Boon's posting so far feels fine.
seems to indicate a willingness to engage and scumhunt
, although I agree with Mario that his strategy may not be the best. Can your explain your strong townread of Burn though?

Bolded part is where I explain why I think his posts so far were fine.

Where exactly did I say that I was townreading him? If I was townreading him I would not say that his posts are 'fine', I would say that they are 'good' or 'town' or something else that actually indicates that I am getting a positive read from him. 'Fine' to me means something along the lines of 'not ringing any alarm bells'. His target on Kari is consistent with what he said before, even though at least 2 people have mentioned that his strategy seems like a bad idea. Seems somewhat more anti-town than scum at the moment. Oh, and you ignored my question about BYHD, Boon.

I've debated whether or not I should be putting this in my signature since it's come up before in other games, but English has only been my first language for half my life, so although 99.9% of the time there is no problem, subtleties like the connotations of some words and certain phrasings can occasionally mess me up. I can link you guys to past games where this has come up if needed.

~ M

Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #367 (isolation #16) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:56 pm

Post by Nyankotachi »

I get a really bad knee jerk reaction whenever someone lets another player tell them who to vote, especially without a pretty confident town read first. That's not opportunism, that's just reacting to a terrible post.

You're 'dead anyway' so you're just going to target at random? How is that helpful?

~ M

Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #370 (isolation #17) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:13 pm

Post by Nyankotachi »

In post 368, MarioManiac4 wrote:ASP, I think that if she is town, Marcell is likely scum, so that's why I asked her...

Enlighten me please, I'm not really seeing the connection here.

~ M

Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #372 (isolation #18) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:19 pm

Post by Nyankotachi »

Okay, sure.

One question: Where did you get the 4 scum from? I don't remember reading the exact number of scum in the setup anywhere, so I assume I missed something.

~ M

Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #374 (isolation #19) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:44 pm

Post by Nyankotachi »

Ah. Good to see that my reading comprehension and concentration skills are as terribad as always, I don't think I ever even saw that post :facepalm:

~ M

Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #383 (isolation #20) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:42 pm

Post by Nyankotachi »

You don't think that she's scum because so many people are jumping on the wagon, is that the only reason?

Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #384 (isolation #21) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:43 pm

Post by Nyankotachi »

Oops, Bella beat me to it. Grr.

Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #437 (isolation #22) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:23 pm

Post by Nyankotachi »

I am sorry my head of the hydra has been so inattentive this game (especially to mika my hydra partner). I am flying soon and there were some complications that have taken up my time.

I am going overseas tomorrow, the flight is 24h so I know I definitely won't be able to post in that time period. I have been informed the place I am staying at does have wifi, however i've been told it's not the greatest so I will do my best to log back on as soon as I can.

@Mod (I need to figure out what day it will be over there versus Australia then I will set my v/la), I'll come back and post the ending date for you.

~H

Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #438 (isolation #23) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:35 pm

Post by Nyankotachi »

@Mod, the hydra part of of this... um hydra lol, will be on v/la till the 18th (italy time)

Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #454 (isolation #24) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:30 pm

Post by Nyankotachi »

Z's activity here is low, even for his standards. Starting to get a bad feeling about him since last 2 games I was in with him, he put in considerably more effort than this.

Boon is just ??????????? I have no idea what to make of him. Should definitely do some meta digging.

Okay so I totally did not realise that the Hydra head of this hydra was going to be gone right around the time that I'm busiest with exams. The reason I joined this game in a hydra in the first place was because partially because I suck at playing more than 1 game at a time, but mostly because I knew it would be during my exams so I really needed someone else to help me pick up the slack. That might not be working out. I finish exams on the 24th, so up until then I'll do my best to keep up a reasonable level of activity, but I cannot guarantee anything.

~ M

Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #525 (isolation #25) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:30 pm

Post by Nyankotachi »

You replaced out because you thought scum had you completely fooled so you decided to just give up and play something else instead? Uh... Mario is either the worst liar in the world or he is serious. Or could be purposeful refuge in audacity, but that can apply to quite a few players at the moment. I know that ZZZX is pretty prone to this kind of behaviour as town so I'll give him the benefit of doubt for a little while longer.

Also can someone please explain why random is getting townread? I just don't see it, he's been sitting in 'no idea what to think of them' pile for me, nothing he's said really screams town to me at all.

Really sorry guys, but I will be mostly out of commission until the 24th and I have been unable to get in touch with Hydra. As soon as I do, we'll discuss whether or not we should be replacing out, I don't like to be the kind of player who contributes nothing for the majority of the game.

~ M

Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #561 (isolation #26) » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:10 pm

Post by Nyankotachi »

hydra here, I have not been able to read since my last post. So I have a fair bit of catching up to do. My time is very limited by the study tour I am on, I will try to have some thoughts by tomorrow or the day after.

~H

Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #562 (isolation #27) » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:15 pm

Post by Nyankotachi »

@Mod going v/la till the 25th.

I know mika can't be on till 24th. Doing this as a precaution incase the crappy wifi at my hostel bombs again >.<

Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #688 (isolation #28) » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:31 pm

Post by Nyankotachi »

Okay, Mika is back from exams, skimmed the last few pages and will read properly later today when I get home.

Who's posting for PN right now? That reads list literally looks random. What's up with the multiple extremely town reads combined with gut scum reads? 3 of your 5 extremely town reads are gut scum reads? This does not sit well with me, it's not even cogdis, it's just... Not right.

You know what this looks like to me? It looks a bit like PN is scum who knows they're dead after today, so they're throwing out random, confusing reads so that their reads can't be analysed for info later on. Just saying. Seriously though, this might actually be the worst reads list I have ever seen and you've made no effort to explain it whatsoever.

I'm not very good at this logic stuff so the mechanics of this game are completely lost on me although I have been trying to follow. Is that formula of any use do you guys reckon?

In post 667, ProHawk wrote:
In post 663, Kari wrote:dark pokemon doesnt mean dark type. i believe that was discussed phase 1

SSSHHHHHHH

What happened here? Am I missing something?

~ M

Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #713 (isolation #29) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:50 am

Post by Nyankotachi »

2 out of 2 games that I've played with Z as town have involved him being absent for long periods of time and not really making sense to me, so I'm reluctant to scumread him for him doing absolutely nothing useful. But then again I've yet to see scum Z, so I don't really know what that looks like.

Not a big fan of policy lynches past day 1, but if Z fails to do anything useful by the end of today, I'll consider it.

Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #714 (isolation #30) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:09 am

Post by Nyankotachi »

Narrowing down my potential targets today to: PN (if needed), Mario, and Kari. Maaaaaaaybe Bella or ZZZX. Everyone else is sitting on the town side of null for me right now.

I've been unable to get in touch with Hydra, will target someone after she has a chance to read and discuss with me, or if it gets very close to deadline.

~ M

Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #718 (isolation #31) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:58 am

Post by Nyankotachi »

In post 140, Arceus wrote:
"Dark Pokémon" don't have to actually be "Dark-Type Pokémon", just to clarify any possible misunderstandings.
In post 663, Kari wrote:dark pokemon doesnt mean dark type. i believe that was discussed phase 1

Come on Z, this has been brought up multiple times.

Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #751 (isolation #32) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:02 am

Post by Nyankotachi »

Still nothing from Hydra unfortunately, although she should be back home in a few days. Again, I was not planning to play this game on my own so I will double check with Hydra on whether or not she will have time to join back in very soon, or if we should replace out.

PN seems to be covered, so

Target: ZZZX

OMGUS targeting BBT and accusing him of faulty logic which I don't see anywhere? Where is this faulty logic you speak of exactly? Instead of reading the rest of the posts like you've been meaning to do for weeks, you make weak arguments against BBT based on meta(which to my knowledge, is widely known to be a bad way of trying to read him). This is starting to feel different from the town Z that I've played against before.

Kari can slide for now, I find her a little difficult to read since my auto reaction is to scumread her due to her general playstyle but her meta suggests that to be a bad idea. I'm still uncomfortable with Mario's random replacing in/out to check out another game or something, since from the limited number of games I've played so far, that kind of apathy tends to strike me as scum motivated. They can wait until tomorrow though.

Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #757 (isolation #33) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:40 pm

Post by Nyankotachi »

Oh please. I've made it clear more than once that I had no intention of playing this game alone, hence why I signed up as part of a hydra. In case you haven't noticed, I have been carrying this hydra for pretty much the entire game so far which was not the plan, and will likely have to continue to do so since Hydra has exams soon.

I will not deny that yes, I failed to communicate properly with Hydra about when we will be busy. I knew that she has exams in early July and that she was going to Venice, so for obvious reasons, I wrongly assumed that she would be going overseas after her exams, and that she will be away for most of July, when I was not so busy and would be happy to carry the hydra. I should have double checked exact dates with her, so this part is my fault.

And yes, I should have been prepared to do most, if not all of the talking for this hydra for the next few weeks now that I have finished exams. Unfortunately, my parents bought a new house during exams, so I am now in the process of helping my mother pack up the entire house as well as redecorating and renovating for selling our current house, which is throwing off my ability to control my schedule considerably, as she is demanding that everything is done at her convenience.

I'm sorry that you see my trying not to affect this game with unforeseen real life circumstances as being disrespectful to the mod and a lack of commitment, but I'd strongly advise you to ask for facts before making such accusations, and direct your anger towards someone who has actually demonstrated a lack of commitment and inconvenienced the mod.

Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #759 (isolation #34) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:40 pm

Post by Nyankotachi »

No, you singled me out. You do not get to pretend that you're right in accusing me of demonstrating a lack of commitment and disrespect to the mod, when I have clearly explained why exactly I may have to replace out. The miscommunication between me and Hydra has nothing to do with this since that stopped being a problem the second I finished exams. My current issue is completely out of my control so don't even bother trying to insinuate that I'm somehow in the wrong here.

I have spent the last month 'doing my best' to keep up with the game, and am continuing to do so while my partner is busy exactly because I do not like to inconvenience the mod by replacing out. Get off your high horse and drop the self righteous attitude. Yes, I'm being extremely rude here. I do not take well to being accused of things that are not my fault. I have no intention of continuing to argue this with you as it is irrelevant to the game.

Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #912 (isolation #35) » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:54 am

Post by Nyankotachi »

@Mod Requesting replace out.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”