Mini 105 - High School Teacher Mafia-Game Over!

Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:17 pm

Post by Tigris »

Looking at the list of players, I don't see anyone that strikes me as vigilante kill the first night material. I may be wrong (has happened often enough before), but that's my gut instinct, so two killing groups unless proven otherwise, imo. I'm not sure which would be the ideal, one of the groups dead (via cd being the serial killer) and the other still at full strength or the coverse (often enough the two groups ending up counter-balancing each other). If CD was the serial killer, I would think that his kill would still go through, but that is up to the discretion of the mod, but that is the trend.

Of course, at the same time two deaths lead me to think that perhaps the sk is new/somewhat inexperienced, as it usually a large gamble to kill first night for the sk, especially when it essentially destroys any chance of a vigilante claim later, but perhaps that is just my philosophy.
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Sun May 02, 2004 1:35 am

Post by Tigris »

Quailman wrote:it's awfully tempting as a vigilante with power over life and death to take a random shot on night one. If it was a SK, then I hope we have a vigilante, even a one-shot one, to offset him.
True, of course I may be a tad bias seeing as how I still remember one vigilante in particular killed me night one (mneme's mini), sure I was mafia in that game, but that still doesn't endear me to the idea of vigilantes randomly killing. *shrug*

fos: bluesin
, I don't give my gender out on-line, just a personal thing, although I also like the cleanness that no gender or location gives to the left side of the screen.

vote: yggdrasil
, just because I would like there to be pressure on someone and I don't think badandie is scum and there are a few players I know my vote won't affect, so choosing of the remaining . . .
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #2) » Tue May 04, 2004 3:44 pm

Post by Tigris »

No worries bluesin ^_^
fos: nard
, just a feeling right now.

Personally, I am quite careful whether I am mafia or town. If I'm mafia, it makes it so that I can win, if I'm town, it makes it so that the town doesn't waste a lynch on me, either way it makes sense. Granted there are likely 3-4 people out there with additional information (sk, 1-2 mafia, and cop), so they might be more careful, but that's the fastest way to die (figuring out who the doc is is often a case of discerning who is trying to draw the least amount of attention, with most players at least).

ANyhows, enough philosophy,
fos: badandie
, four is not too dangerous of a number of votes with six to lynch; however, I don't know who I wish to pressure more ygg or bad (each of whom has three right now, my vote being on ygg), especially as nard seems slightly suspicious to me and he has yet to comment on badandie at all.
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #3) » Wed May 05, 2004 7:27 pm

Post by Tigris »

Fourth post ~_^, even though with the length I use they usually seem more frequent I guess ^_^
BadAndie wrote:But hey if you guys want to lynch me go ahead, there is 1 person out there who knows for sure that I am not Mafia/scum and has yet to say anything, so hey. If you want to buy into it that I am scummy go ahead and vote me. Other wise just drop it.
Care to explain? Either this is a thinly veiled claim to masonry with another person or alternatively, you know that you were investigated o_O, which is quite rare. I suppose another alternative is full role/bench warmer (i.e. cop/retired etc.), but usually they don't know the name of the person they will eventually replace. Suffice to say, I'm a tad confused and would much appreciate clarification. ^_^

I might go along with nard's logic in regards to Quail, but I sincerely doubt that Quail would over react to a single vote (too experienced for that), so I believe his reasoning behind his vote.

The major problem with not posting unless you have something that absolutely needs saying, deadlines as the game stagnates and deadlines kill towns as they lead to careless lynches, which only help the mafia, so yes in one sense this post is slightly for the sake of posting; however, I expressed my thoughts on a few issues and if people did not post, then there would be nothing to gauge alliances with. Lurkers are some of the most successful mafia simply because they give nothing for others to judge them on.
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #4) » Fri May 07, 2004 6:09 pm

Post by Tigris »

unvote: ygg
, for the sake of further discussion and to prevent a possible quick lynch. I still don't find quailman suspicious, even if the masons didn't speak with each other last night, the game mechanics would still require them to be together (i.e. giving them a chance to speak together), of course I'm not certain if this is quailman's role, nor do I think that should be disclosed, as it could potentially help the town a considerable amount, but keeping the mafia in the dark is a good idea.

It was common a while ago to think that the mafia was the third vote (for similar reasoning), but then that became common knowledge and it turned into the fourth, but then random once that was figured out, anyhows history is cyclical, so a
fos: coolbot
might be warranted just for two third votes, but at the same time I would have likely voted similar to him in such circumstances as it seems to have been logical (to me at least ^_^)
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (isolation #5) » Tue May 11, 2004 7:04 am

Post by Tigris »

Mafia is a game of logic and cool-headedness, everytime that I've allowed myself to get angry and vote/act accordingly I've regretted it later in the game. That said, I think everyone needs to calm down just a little bit.
Zone, your suspicious because you do not post anything of content. It is near impossible to determine which side anyone is on if there is nothing to base those assumptions upon. I've already said this once this game, I would greatly prefer to not have to again. If everyone posted what they found odd with what someone else said, what they think about the votes falling as they do and so forth, then no one would be posting for the sake of posting, but would rather be contributing and hopefully leading us towards catching the mafia/sk, no one posting=nothing to go off of=quite bad for the town. Right now, I'm honestly not sure that I feel comfortable voting for anyone, as there are a few who attract the majority of my suspicion. Assuming that there are 3 evil (2 mafia and one sk), I have a 3/8 chance of choosing scum, subtract the masons and 1/2, so I think my chances are quite good, but I would prefer to narrow them down further.
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #6) » Sat May 15, 2004 12:58 pm

Post by Tigris »

*sigh* Every other game I'm effectively lurking because of not being on much, but this game kinda slowed down a bit.
I almost always go directly at the people accusing me of something, this is regardless of if I am mafia (which I never am ^_^, if I am it's because I'm misunderstood, not evil <_<, >_>, ^_^) or pro-town. Of course, at the same time I have seen plenty of people get picked out for acting 'differently' then usual, so perhaps people's styles do change *shrug*
fos: ygg
, I suggest that you role-claim or put something on the table, otherwise I might have to vote for you just to get the game moving a bit (new days usually give a bit more activity, especially with night results and 0-2 (hopes for the 0 ^_^) kills.
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #7) » Thu May 20, 2004 1:22 pm

Post by Tigris »

I've said this in another game, but it might bear repeating here as well. Vigilantee is the second worst thing for mafia to claim imo. This is simply because of the differing kill types that each mod usually uses. If I was voting for yggs, I would unvote him at the moment, but since I am not, the point is moot. SUffice to say I would prefer to give him a chance to prove his role, which might be best used tonight, because fact of the matter, re-looking at the role given for uraj, he sounds like a cop to me, so vigilante is actually a fairly tempting target for the mafia to kill, unless a doc protects him, which would be my advice. Also, another confirmed innocent (unless we have three killing groups, at which point I will take it up with Stewie) would not be a bad thing imo.

I'm not certain which group to look at more, the lynch yggs or his defenders for mafia, but for the moment I'm looking more at coolbot and za.
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #8) » Sun May 23, 2004 10:59 am

Post by Tigris »

I worked all day yesterday and came home to find no net, so this might be my last post for at least a little bit, sorry :oops:

He is a botany teacher, presumably the method of kill is poison or something along those lines, nothing like being bored to death or beaten to death. Therefore if someone is poisoned, then we verify yggs claim.
fos: quailman

I realize I'm more of a gambler when it comes to mafia (which has back-fired often enough, but has also helped win games), but I would want him killing tonight. If he does and we have 6 people tomorrow with 2 masons and one vigilante (and hopefully at least one more pro-town player), the game is over in the favor of the town. I'm willing to gamble on at least one of three kills killing a scum tonight. And if the scum have to go after masons due to this, great, it gives the more powerful roles time to be utilized.

Additionally, which is better lynching a claimed vigilante or having him kill at night. With the one, we lose a lynch/day on a pro-town player, with the other we potentially lose a pro-town player, but not a day and he could kill a scum.
vote: coolbot
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (isolation #9) » Thu May 27, 2004 12:58 pm

Post by Tigris »

*hugglesh the ethernet line* It's alive again ^_^, no more trapsing around trying to find connection. *purrrrs* Sorry, kinda almost feels like a suger high right now ^_^, despite falling a good 14 feet when my extension ladder suddenly decided it didn't want to work anymore, silly ladder.

Anyhows, on to more serious stuff. I count the probability as higher that one of the three kills will net scum. Three mafia seems reasonable to me and it is always best to prepare for the worst, imo.
Mafia: 0/1 out of 7
SK: 1/2 out of 8, depending on if we catch one of these two
Vigi: 2/3 out of 8
So 14%, 25%, and 37.5% worst case scenario, subtracting the masons from the vigi possible kill 14,25,50. Essentially, the numbers are quite in our favor to end up with at most 2 scum out of 6 tomorrow if all the kills go through. Additionally, the likelihood of a vig kill netting an innocent is lower due to the other kills, imo. The other thing to consider is if we do not get a mafia/sk this day and tonight the doc does not protect the proper person and both groups target innocents, the game is essentially the scums to lose.

We had a similar scenario in Fairy tale mafia, 3 mafia and one sk, the town lynched properly ever day, but would have lost if not for the mafia targeting the sk on the third night. 10/3/1=7/2/1=6/1/1 going into night 3, if the mafia and sk had each targeted innocent it would have been 4/1/1, but since the mafia thought he was immune to investigations he killed the sk and ending up being lynched the next day. If we do not get a scum today and yggs does not kill, I think the chances are high of a 7/2/1, which will likely end as a town loss if they do not get the serial killer with that lynch. Of course, there is the chance of 6/2/1 if we have yggs kill, but to my eye that is not much worse then 7/2/1. Oh, and incidently in Fairly Tale, I was the serial killer and was quite pleased with how this logic did not occur to anyone as it gave me a chance to win.
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #10) » Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:04 am

Post by Tigris »

*sigh* Al my games get more interesting just before I have to leave, meh. At my cousin's wedding this weekend hope you all have fun ^_^

Game related stuff:
The way I see the possibilities are as such:
1) Yggs is vigi, doc saved the victim
2) Yggs is vigi, mafia chose not to kill
3) Yggs is vigi, role-blocker stopped the kill
4) Yggs is scum

Not definite which is most likely, but the death scene wasn't different as I had thought/hoped it would be. If we do have a role-blocker, right now would not be the best time to come out as it is not certain what happened last night, so coming out now would only muddy the waters, imo. I'll have to re-read and get back to the game on Monday, but have fun ^_^ (in a good mood).
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #11) » Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:22 pm

Post by Tigris »

Might I just say, I think not ^_^

So far we have had two investigative roles die (uraj and bluesin) and yet we have a third still alive? In a mini?
fos: quailman
personally I see a gambit there.

Go ahead and lynch me, but quailman is my suspect as I know that I am not anti-town. I'm the sex-ed teacher and I, shall we say, distract my target. Once it turns out that I'm innocent the vig killing tonight would not be advisble, imo, as it is not unheardof for there to be evil masons (i.e. one good/one bad) and a wrong kill tonight would have them victory, but that's just my read (and I'm usually incredibly paranoid).
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (isolation #12) » Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:06 pm

Post by Tigris »

I read death scenes very closely indeed. The death scene for bluesin
Bluesin was spotted in his lab mixing different kinds of potions that would help him to find evil in this game.
To me this indicates ability to search for scum. Add this to the history teacher's ability to check on past activities and we have two cops/copish roles. Adding quailman turns it into three cops, which is highly unlikely imo. With three cops, there is a possibility (not terribly high, but still a fair possibility) to be able to effectively end the game on the first day.
10 people left, 3 investigatees, 3 cops, 4 scum. Additionally, to have a role that can serve as a cop or a doc as needed (bluesin), this effectively negates any advantage that a scum might gain from killing one of them night one. This type of role fits in with a general trend in minis and other games to have back-ups and the like. And might I inquire as to what type of teacher quail claimed to be? He never mentioned it.

Additionally, bluesin commented about the role-blocker with near-certainty (day 2), why would he do that (after doubting coolbot's method, not his actual role)? Because I blocked him the first night and thus he knew that the role existed. I didn't claim then because I blocked zoneace the following night and that information would not have helped (I blocked him because, to me, with him almost certainly dying that night, the only roles that it might not be beneficial to block him would be either commuter (which would have led to gf accusations, which would have harmed the town) or doc, which I was fairly sure he was not).

Furthermore, why in the world would I have de-railed the yggs bandwagon on the first day after his claim if I was evil (not one person unvoted him after his claim until I supported the fact (in my book), that vig is a horrible thing for mafia to claim)? If anyone can answer that, I would be both astonished and bewildered enough to lynch myself, as it would not make any sense in the slightest from a mafia member point of view (saying that I was attaching myself to an innocent is not truly valid in my book, I don't bother with that when I'm mafia).

vote: quail
, I don't buy it and I would sacrifice a fellow mafia member in a heartbeat in a situation like that. The one thing that tips things in the town's favor is Yggs choosing to kill again last night, namely because it does not matter if there are 5 or 6, two wrong lynches lose, so with yggs, blue, and I still around, there would have been a high chance of getting two of us lynched without too much problem, except now yggs is almost certainly cleared as pro-town, unless he is another sk, which I would have words with stewie about. The only thing that made me hesitate is the fear I've had since macros' game where he had an evil mason (who was attached to myself and ID if I recall correctly), she ended up winning, but even if this is the case, we have tomorrow to try and figure it out.
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #13) » Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:06 pm

Post by Tigris »

*light laugh* And so it ends *shrug*, the only way I could see getting out of this alive was getting Quail lynched, killing nard, and then trying my hardest to get either KE or yggs to vote for the other. A really improbable possibility, so meh ^_^. At least I through a temporary wrench in a lynch that should have been no issue at all, good game all.

Incidently Quail, it is for the best that you didn't investigate me, godperson-thingy, which might have allowed me to pull something off. Hope everyone has fun (whistling the song from 'Life of Brian') ^_^

Code: Select all

For life is quite absurd
And death's the final word.
You must always face the curtain with a bow.
Forget about your sin.
Give the audience a grin.
Enjoy it. It's your last chance, anyhow.
So,...

Always look on the bright side of death,
    [whistling]
Just before you draw your terminal breath.
    [whistling]

Life's a piece of shit,
When you look at it.
Life's a laugh and death's a joke. It's true.
You'll see it's all a show.
Keep 'em laughing as you go.
Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”