singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #59 (isolation #1) » Thu May 21, 2015 4:59 am

Post by singersigner »

In post 21, Grib wrote:Heh. I already have two townreads. This should be fun.

VOTE: Bookitty

I see confident statements like these more frequently from scum who know who they can buddy up to and be "right" about. The lack of stating who also leaves you open for changing it later and filling in the blanks based on who you think will be more universally on your side.

In post 24, Metal Sonic wrote:Andrius, tell us: who are the players in this game are you most familiar with? Who do you make it a higher priority to sort first? And how good/accurate are you at sorting those players?

Why only Andy (did you answer this already?)? Do you trust any of his answers?

In post 25, pirate mollie wrote:I invited zzthing and he said in sign-ups that he was gonna try so give him a chance yeah? leave him to ika and I, I am pretty sure we can sort him.
also we are town this time and you will probs be able to spot the difference in my approach compared to cotw or mebbe you will be 1 of those pple who never figure me out.
we will see I guess.

Could you link to the game? I'm not gunna lie, mollie, I really don't like when people right out of the gate have a sense of hyper-awareness of how they play from game to game. It's statements like these that already ping my paranoia. :(

In post 51, White Night Imagination wrote:can you walk me through why you think mollie is scum? I don't agree with her push on you, but I think her attitude early-game is somewhat town - namely the way she's reaching out to a bunch of people. even if she-scum would go for this kind of approach, I think if she *did*, it'd look different to here - namely I think her-scum would be more likely to simply buddy up to you out the gate instead of trying to "sort" you with a quick push

also,
I don't really agree with the singer scum read
, but I'm seeing where it goes first

p-edit: @MS

What don't you agree with? There's no read to agree or disagree with. I was caught confirming before work in my own futile effort to get as many confirmations in as possible and they voted me for not reading or commenting on anything yet. What is there to "see where it goes" when it didn't start...anywhere...

Also, how do you say scum-Mollie would go for this approach but propose it would look entirely differently? Why do you disagree with her push on MS?

In post 57, Metal Sonic wrote:OK, i understand that she is trying to scumhunt and sort me right now, so i am going to let it sit. but she has played many games with me and was my hydra partner before so being blatantly wrong is not a good sign.

Do you have a townread on Mollie?
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #60 (isolation #2) » Thu May 21, 2015 4:59 am

Post by singersigner »

vote: ZZZX

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #66 (isolation #3) » Thu May 21, 2015 5:17 am

Post by singersigner »

elusive wrote:P-Edit: Don't like singer's vote on the player who hasn't even confirmed, it avoids direct interactions with anyone.

VOTE: Singer

Are you trying to pressure me with your vote, or are you trying to imply I'm scum for not hoping on someone else's logick train, yet?

Questions:
1. Water baby at heart.
2. I haven't played with anyone but Mollie in 3+ years. She...I can't read her but I always think she's town (for involvement) and scum (for her grammar) at the same time. >_>
3. See: my last post.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #69 (isolation #4) » Thu May 21, 2015 5:25 am

Post by singersigner »

Mmm, I've commented/addressed the people I've noticed so far, meaning ika hasn't really stood out to me despite his vote. Of the three, MS with a WNI as a soft-distance buddy. Also, you've played with me before. Why did you choose me as the person you don't know at all?

Also, my vote was not in RVS, you're right. Discuss. :]

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #71 (isolation #5) » Thu May 21, 2015 5:29 am

Post by singersigner »

In post 68, Plum wrote:Have I slipped into some bizarre parallel universe where people take the RQS business at least semi-seriously?

I actually liked all of the questions but the first. Did you not? There's not really a point in not humoring the gesture unless you think there's nothing to gain from it, in which case, attack the questions, not the concept.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #73 (isolation #6) » Thu May 21, 2015 5:32 am

Post by singersigner »

What makes it scummy? I actually have my theories. Feel free to question them, if you'd like.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #86 (isolation #7) » Thu May 21, 2015 6:55 am

Post by singersigner »

elusive wrote:Singer,

The possibilities are endless but initially I thought you voted someone who just hadn't posted and was in possibility of being replaced.

Other things possible are as a townie trying to prod a player but you didn't state that or imply it or as a scum trying to prod a buddy before they come under suspicion.

What are your theories?

I still don't really know why you think your initial gut was scummy/a scumtell. Maybe scum looking for a copout vote? That's stretching it, but ok. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Really, I have this working theory (started by GuyInFreezer, actually) that scum try to delay the pre-game confirmation process since it would give them more time to talk. That was part of the reason I was in a rush to confirm (the other part was checking my role PM on my way to work so...priorities). There was a 50/50 (or 100) that I could get it on the first go. So yeah, just one theory, I guess.

@ika...are you going to call everyone who "/confirms" scum? Where's your head at, because it really feels like you're greasing the town reads you have and generically calling anyone else scum.
Preview Edit: how well can you read Mollie? If you end up scumreading her by the end of D1, would you still hold off on lynching her? Because saying she's "off the table" at this point seems a little premature. Your inclusion of the "newb" as an excuse not to push the slot is duly noted.

@hydrangea...hello?

@Andy...I haven't had great experiences with ZZZX, either. In the game I played with him, he didn't claim beloved princess until he got rung up on like D4, and scum kept him alive for the win on D6. In another I saw him claim that he was useless early game, but "wait until late game, I really shine then!" It's not like I'm thrilled to play with someone who makes calculatedly bad choices as town, but what do you expect to "be done" about ZZZX? I'm not opposed to policy lynches in large games, because numbers imply town can recover from a mislynch, but in a smaller game you can't just use that as an opportunity to "teach someone a lesson" in the ways they suck as a mafia player.

I do think this makes you more town, though, since I think scum are more likely to ignore him until they're forced to bus, or allow him to stay alive for mislynch fodder later (or to just make the wrong decision in lylo as he's bound to do).

Preview Edit:
@mollie...hoooooooboy. We're gunna have to get real here. First off, you're cherry-picking my general statement of me not being able to read you well because I tend to be easily influenced by posting style over content, which has made me a less-than-confident player, which you know. Second of all, I'm not sure how you got me saying that you're hyper-aware of your meta as saying I thought you were over-sensitive about it, but I believe you when you say you don't care. Maybe you will if you're going to get mislynched for it, who knows.

And I fucking hate it when people are like "I trust you to do the right thing" because it manipulates someone to read you a certain way by automatically influencing their subconscious with the illusion of ooomustbetown. I think "fearmongering" is an appropriate buzzword? (I really don't know if that applies as much as I think it does)

I forgot ZZZX was in RRR, so oooshiney all you want? If you try making that a scumtell it'll just make my job easier.

Why don't you let Fro99er take more of a lead? Maybe be more transparent with his thoughts?

Preview Edit x2:
fffff. I can't focus long enough to make one post. :(
@ika...I think that would depend on who my scum buddies were. If Mollie was town then probably her because I think she doubts me the most and I wouldn't trust my ability to get away with manipulating her. If she was one of my scum buddies then I would defer to her judgement as I make no claim to have any sense of strategic ability whatsoever and will just roll over if it's not someone currently scumreading me, lol.

What did you hope to gain with that question and did you?

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #87 (isolation #8) » Thu May 21, 2015 6:59 am

Post by singersigner »

That was a really dumb way to phrase that question. >_>

@ika...re: your question...what information were you hoping to gain from me with that question? Did you gain that information? How/why/why not?

I'll try not to be so wall-y in the future. :?

Also...hydrangea, bookitty, yukari, grib (a little less so), hi how are you engage pls

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #95 (isolation #9) » Thu May 21, 2015 7:23 am

Post by singersigner »

In post 91, Grib wrote:
In post 59, singersigner wrote:I see confident statements like these more frequently from scum who know who they can buddy up to and be "right" about. The lack of stating who also leaves you open for changing it later and filling in the blanks based on who you think will be more universally on your side.

And yet, you haven't done anything to figure out if that's exactly what I'm doing.

You assume I didn't.

I did.

Thank you for clarifying, though.
unvote
vote: Grib

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #120 (isolation #10) » Thu May 21, 2015 8:40 am

Post by singersigner »

Oh fiiiiine.

For transparency's sake, so everyone can see what I'm seeing:
You made a statement.
I told you how I interpreted that statement.
I said some other words to some other people.
Then I encouraged you to come back out and play.
You then made a defensive statement that in no way explained what you were actually doing (which was something I called you out on).
(you also asked me a question that was answered if you really were reading and trying to get a handle on the game and reads including me)
You
then
voted the one person to call you out on it.

Basically all I've seen from you has been anything but trying to parse out the game outside of buddying up to people in your circle. It doesn't feel like you're bothering to get a read on the "not easy people" to read, since if you're familiar with them, that should fall in place eventually, right?

Where did I go wrong?

Preview Edit:
Grib wrote:I'm calling out singer for vague!voting me and not answering my question.

Apparently my post didn't post after I preview posted so...guess that makes me scum then!

Fffff...more preview edits. Taking a breaking because I'm headaching.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #140 (isolation #11) » Thu May 21, 2015 12:29 pm

Post by singersigner »

In post 112, ika wrote:singer is in null

i trust mollie more to sort her then me
also i know signers inhernt nature of reactivity

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this.

In post 119, Frogging Mollie wrote:
In post 115, Frogging Mollie wrote:
In post 99, ZZZX wrote:mollie please sign ur hydras posts btw

It should be easy to tell who is Mollie and who is Fro99er.

before I address other posts I just want to point out that zzthing knew it was me but wanted us to sign our posts cos he seemed a bit confused about who was posting.

that is all.

How familiar is ZZZX with you, Mollie? My initial impression was that it was entirely unnecessary. Why should it matter who posts what, when (insert signer's stance on hydras here)? They're acting as one head, with one alignment. That doesn't change from poster to poster.

Spoiler:
In post 124, White Night Imagination wrote:
In post 117, Andrius wrote:I liked her responses regarding Grib and mollie - its very singer of her and I can see her train of thought so to speak? Does that make sense? I won't claim to know her very well but we've played some rather invovled games together and I know her a bit outside of mafia games enough; I digress - those were good thoughts that I thought appropriate and agreed with.

I think I agree with this. at least the part about mollie - I liked the way she immediately came out pushing her out the gate and I can see what she was picking up on.

I still can't make anything out of singer vs. Grib. while I think Grib was correct in calling her out for jumping to a conclusion over the town reads he gave, I do not think this is scummy - and I do not think Grib's posts have been telling either way. do you scum read Grib at this point?

In post 120, singersigner wrote:Basically all I've seen from you has been anything but trying to parse out the game outside of buddying up to people in your circle. It doesn't feel like you're bothering to get a read on the "not easy people" to read, since if you're familiar with them, that should fall in place eventually, right?

will wait for Grib to respond to this before explaining in-depth, but I don't agree with your read on him so far.

I forget why I quote tagged this but I think it had something to do with something something you don't agree with me on Grib and I have to wait to find out why. :igmeou:

@Grib...my answer is literally right above the part of the post you quoted so I fail to see how you did not see/read it unless you were literally just skimming to find things to posture on in hopes of picking up traction.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #142 (isolation #12) » Thu May 21, 2015 12:50 pm

Post by singersigner »

I can see if you were just ctrl-f for "ZZZX" or "vote" or "insert whatever else here"...it was just right at the top of that post. Elusive and I had a nice chat about it, so even looking back to read the post more thoroughly it seems reeeeaaally hard to believe you weren't paying attention to context??

In post 86, singersigner wrote:
elusive wrote:Singer,

The possibilities are endless but initially I thought you voted someone who just hadn't posted and was in possibility of being replaced.

Other things possible are as a townie trying to prod a player but you didn't state that or imply it or as a scum trying to prod a buddy before they come under suspicion.

What are your theories?

I still don't really know why you think your initial gut was scummy/a scumtell. Maybe scum looking for a copout vote? That's stretching it, but ok. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Really, I have this working theory (started by GuyInFreezer, actually) that scum try to delay the pre-game confirmation process since it would give them more time to talk. That was part of the reason I was in a rush to confirm (the other part was checking my role PM on my way to work so...priorities). There was a 50/50 (or 100) that I could get it on the first go. So yeah, just one theory, I guess.

Then again, I don't really see scum trying to get away with faking something like that??

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #146 (isolation #13) » Thu May 21, 2015 1:00 pm

Post by singersigner »

Fffff, no, I mean, correct me if I'm wrong here, but I was very specifically not talking about myself other than why I confirmed so quickly. That whole paragraph was my theory that scum would delay of game (ZZZX was one of the last two to confirm), which Mollie even commented on later. (preview edit: I actually meant to respond to elusive's bold part about me "trying to look town" since it wasn't me trying to confirm first, it was me trying to confirm asap)

So Grib, I mean, I get skimming the game, or only commenting on specific things, but if you're talking about me purposefully being elusive (excuse my word choice), why wouldn't you pay more attention when trying to find the answer to your question only to paint me for being scummy for "not answering it"...

Gah, more preview edits:
Ok.
So.
I empty vote ZZZX.
Elusive initially interprets it as an excuse not to engage in the current discussion (which someone else pointed out was silly because I did in the post right before that).
Then ZZZX is like lolrvslol.
I say NOPE for rlz.
Elusive says "whaaat y u no explain".
I say "cuz theories!"
He says "these are mine, so..."
And I say "oh makes sense but no this is what it really is about."
Someone (elusive?) then says "well it's not proven so."

At which point we're here with you arguing that I didn't explain my vote thoroughly...at which point, it
really has been

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #154 (isolation #14) » Thu May 21, 2015 1:28 pm

Post by singersigner »

In post 148, elusive wrote:Singer, why did you feel the need to confirm asap (my bad on stating first I meant trying to confirm quickly) because of a theory? Or do you know what I'm saying? Why need to appear town based on an unproven theory rather then just be comfortable being town and doing actions that are more solid with town?

Mollie, try to let newbie speak more because that arrogant bs you pulled in DOA well it was annoying then and it will be in this game if you keep it up. At least ika has some charm to back up his particular spelling\grammar choices yours just scream some lack of idk awareness. Also just because ika likes you doesn't matter jack to me so kudos on descending into the uncouth so quickly.

Ok wait what? The confirming asap was to eliminate that option sooner, which I would think given the choice it would be obvious? The vote was based on the theory. How does confirming sooner make me ~look more town~ based on that theory.

Like, I'm am so confused! Why do you keep asking/projecting why I have to do things that "look" town rather than just doing things and "being town"? How do you expect me to answer that question, really.

Let me set up the scenario for you:
I get my role PM and confirm asap to eliminate as much pregame talk as possible.
I go to work.
I come home from work, people seem to have lost their shit that I haven't commented on anything yet.
I catch up.
I comment.
I vote based on people not having confirmed yet based on the theory that they want/need to extend that period as much as possible. Could it be scheduling? Sure! Why not let that happen organically instead of pooh poohing all over my theory immediately. :(

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #158 (isolation #15) » Thu May 21, 2015 1:36 pm

Post by singersigner »

Like, I can't really affect how quickly other people confirm, but I can affect myself, but you think I'm doing that to...look more town...on purpose...? Am I understanding right?

Preview Edit:
Bookitty! Glork says hi! Can you walk me through Plum's thought process that makes a lot of sense to you? How do you feel about Metal based on his "weird jump" that made you like Plum?

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #170 (isolation #16) » Thu May 21, 2015 3:11 pm

Post by singersigner »

@elusive...people were voting me for not saying anything in my confirm post so I said I wasn't waiting to confirm until I could.
Then someone attacked me for my vote, because I "ignored" what else was going on (because I what, had to follow the crowd in order to be considered town?).
Then I explained I had a theory and was needling it with ZZZX and Grib sparking PLENTY of discussion, which is more than your RQS ever did.
Now you're saying I'm over-explaining and doing everything I'm doing to look more town.
And here I am breaking it down even more for you.
There. Simple enough?

Now...you're the one saying I was calling myself town, when I never did, and never implied I did so...I still don't really know what that's about other than bringing up a whole lot of wifom?

I also don't know what your question is asking?

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #175 (isolation #17) » Thu May 21, 2015 3:25 pm

Post by singersigner »

Like, obviously scum have to confirm at some point, so there has to be scum who confirm early, but I've seen games like 4-5 years ago where scum have specifically held off to prolong game start and the end to their discussion. Bookitty, Andy, Plum...I can't be the only one who's ever seen this from a scum team. I know it's been a long time since I've played a regular mafia game with regular rules, but I swear I'm not crazy!

I was literally just adding my confirmation to the pot so it was one less person they could rely on to prolong it. Is that what this whole discussion is about? My explanation for not being inclusive into the game yet?

I wasn't saying OR IMPLYING that made me town. I was literally just supposing that hypogenic or ZZZX could've been the token one, which isn't substantiated from the original theory, but isn't an RVS vote in my opinion because it's meant to spark that bit of fear and paranoia based on "did she catch me" which would then give me what I need to read them. I'm...sorry you're having such a hard time understanding that. Or are you purposefully being dense about the difference between the two occurrences?

Preview Edit:
Ok I think I assumed there should've been a comma there and wasn't sure if you were talking to me or Bookitty. I think I explained at the beginning of the game that I haven't seen or played with anyone in like three years? I might've played with Bookitty at that point, so...I guess I'd group her in with hypogenic for activity and requiring more at this point? Why her in particular? What else am I avoiding?

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #181 (isolation #18) » Thu May 21, 2015 3:31 pm

Post by singersigner »

unvote
vote: Metal Sonic

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #185 (isolation #19) » Thu May 21, 2015 3:35 pm

Post by singersigner »

Metal Sonic wrote:Pedit: hi singer I am town!

Why are you appealing to Fro99er to change Mollie's read on you when admittedly she has a much bigger/arguably better arsenal of reading you?

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #192 (isolation #20) » Thu May 21, 2015 3:51 pm

Post by singersigner »

Does that make her scum or wrong?

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #210 (isolation #21) » Thu May 21, 2015 4:30 pm

Post by singersigner »

Yukari wrote:
In post 191, Metal Sonic wrote:I am being obviously townie and Mollie's failure to read me is her fault not mine. And it is pretty grievous if I think about it.

More like trying too hard to look obv town, and failing. You seem nervous and defensive.
What's the difference between the way MS has been responding to pressure and the way I've been responding to elusive/Grib?

Also, @Grib...probably. I personally can't see anything role indicative in that post.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #346 (isolation #22) » Fri May 22, 2015 12:31 pm

Post by singersigner »

Hnng...posts like these...
In post 334, Bookitty wrote:I'm back, I'm reading, I'm putting together things to post.

All this to say I'll check this and answer while I work on that.

Is it possible to just...not say anything and come back when you're willing to post content? I don't ever feel good about play-by-play kind of posts unless they're clearly in the process of catching up.

That being said, I've read up but will be
V/LA until Tuesday

since I'll be busy with stuff (hiiiii Fro99er) and don't have a cell phone to keep up intermittently as evidenced by the FIVE PAGES IN ONE DAY.

Also, Yukari said something about Metal Sonic in being hypocritical which 1. isn't a scum tell, and 2. didn't even post examples that were accurate?? But then at the bottom he posted something that caught my eye and would like to be addressed: "neither have you" could go one of two ways and I'd like Metal Sonic to address this before I say anything because that will 100% affect where I keep my vote.

Also, apparently I've played with more people than I thought because now that I remember Yukari, I was in the newbie game with them I think last fall and they were mislynched for being..."off" if I remember correctly. I have a hard time associating "one-off" games I've played with people and remembering much about them. >_>

Preview Edit:
GEESUZ FUCK METAL SONIC IF YOU KEEP SPAMMING TO PROVE A POINT I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF THIS IS JUST THE WAY YOU PLAY WORK WITH ME AND DON'T GIVE ME ANOTHER NIGHTLESS PARANOIA.

@WNI...why ZZZX? Did I miss it?

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #354 (isolation #23) » Fri May 22, 2015 12:42 pm

Post by singersigner »

White Night Imagination wrote:
In post 346, singersigner wrote:@WNI...why ZZZX? Did I miss it?

Ah, ok I agree with your assessment about TvS since I fucking hate that shit and 1v1s are inherently anti-town forever and ever. But wouldn't the bussing theory be quashed the second one flips town?

I think it's more a copout that he doesn't assess which one is town and which one is scum, than anything.

Preview Edit:
hydra, ZZZX, and yukari all seem like default lynches without a whole lot to go on? If anything I'd rather do Bookitty because she has been pretty lackluster and "overexplainy" which I've ~heard~ ( :shifty: ) is a scumtell for people...

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #355 (isolation #24) » Fri May 22, 2015 12:44 pm

Post by singersigner »

Ok well yukari less so because of his engagement with MS, I'm just projecting from the newbie game I just remembered. :igmeou:

But ZZZX and hydra have not reeeaaally done anything noteworthy? I'd even like Andy to come back and engage more, but again, I'm talking about default mislynches for scum. Unless you can really point me to where either have shown signs to be scum...

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #357 (isolation #25) » Fri May 22, 2015 12:49 pm

Post by singersigner »

Mmmm...no ok I can actually get on board with any lynch for ~reasons~ other than Fro99er and maybe Plum because she likes me right now.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #358 (isolation #26) » Fri May 22, 2015 12:50 pm

Post by singersigner »

I guess by default ika but I don't really know ika that well so a very precautionary not-on-board stance. >_>

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #586 (isolation #27) » Sun May 24, 2015 1:34 am

Post by singersigner »

I did the phone things! Unfortunately this is one of my busier days (I think, lol) so I will try not to get more behind than the 8-9 pars I already am. =/

I was able to read a couple of paws on other phones yesterday, though, so I at least have an idea of stuff that happened not in the last four pages. >_>

Anyway.

Cheers. :]

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #705 (isolation #28) » Mon May 25, 2015 5:58 pm

Post by singersigner »

Plum was on V/LA as was I and to a lesser extent, Grib? It was a holiday weekend...activity falters a bit, 9 days is plenty of time. >_>

unvote

Anyway, I'll have to read through everything to a fuller extent, but I'm back and should be able to read up before work tomorrow. I don't know what to make of Metal Sonic's claim to have discussed things with ListMods because I wasn't involved in it (obviously), though I can't really think of anything he would be rejected from replacing out for, unless it was...role related? I'm not really sure. What bothered me about it was the claim to replace out before contacting the mod/LMs about what he intended to do with it. It feels more like AtE than anything else.

Also, unless Ankamius strictly forbids it via mod communication or his ruleset, there shouldn't be anything preventing MS from going into more detail about his reasons for wanting to replace out, and then not replacing out, especially if it would help clear this as a reason he's still being rung up right now.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #789 (isolation #29) » Tue May 26, 2015 5:22 am

Post by singersigner »

Ok I need to clarify something now that I've had any modicum of decent sleep and can think straight again.

I guess I'm put in an awkward position because as a player I'm very curious as to how this affect MS alignment, but as a ListMod I think I need to treat this as a "report" when it comes to mod communication. As someone in the game that's been "reported" I would be spoilered from any and all backstage communications trying to sort out the proper way to deal with the report. So, for purposes of this game, all I know is what I see in the game, and I cannot and should not have any insider information.

That being said, I 100% agree with BooKitty. There's nothing stopping MS from communicating what he asked the mods, which as far as I can tell, he has (something, something trust tells), and if whichever LM it was that responded told him that even communicating that to us would/could be considered a trust tell which would be against the rules/spirit of the game, then I can see why he feels like he can't go into more detail lest it dodge around the entire point of double-checking his actions.

Now.

This is the shittiest of shitty arguments! Not only is it so very distracting, but I really can't make sense of anything anymore. What makes me angry is that Metal Sonic is either fucking with us, or he legitimately tried to confirm town his slot by REPLACING OUT which is literally the worst thing. I've only ever replaced out of one game before and it's because I was being so harassed by another player (lo and behold a scum player), so I think I take replacing out due to things like apathy or trying to confirm your slot when you wouldn't even be invested in the slot anymore, personally. It feels like gaming the system and something I don't ever want to see from town ever.

That's what's putting me between a rock and a hard place. I can't tell if I'd be disappointed by town or played by scum.

So.

Metal Sonic. I'd like to propose two things: 1. Please try to figure out a way to convey why and what it was you were trying to communicate that could be considered a trust tell after an official replacement request. 2. Never do that again. Never try to replace out unless you fully intend on replacing out. I've made it very clear in the past that I dislike people continuing to post after they've replaced out because it will affect the game and the next slot in a way the replacement can't do anything about. Post all you want before, even if you've already made the decision in your head, but if it's made public, it's really unfair for the game to be continually affected by something you no longer have a stake in.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #790 (isolation #30) » Tue May 26, 2015 5:34 am

Post by singersigner »

#long post

#longerpostincoming
#skippingalotofMSdrama

In post 706, ika wrote:hi singer i await your reads

i need someone to talk to who i trust

I hope this doesn't mean what I think it means!

In post 709, Yukari wrote:Glad to see signer and plum back. And yea singer, unless we get lynched or nked d1/n1 we can likely easily sort out MS on d2.

People are already speculating on what this means, however, I've also seen ZZZX promise that he can sort people out in late game, so... >_>

In post 712, Hydrangea wrote:also Ika if MS flips town are you willing or inclined to consider Mollie as possible scum? cause I think that is a very viable option. I ask because you seem to be hard reading Mollie as town.

This is a very leading question. How will you feel if he flips scum? Why do you care if someone else reads Mollie one way? If FM is scum their alignment won't change, "you'd" just need to prove why. It looks like you're trying to get someone to agree to something that's not been proven, yet.
(I put "you'd" in quote for purposes of illustrating that it's true of anyone who's trying to get a lynch through, not like I'm implying hydrangea holds the burden of proving life >_>)

In post 726, Plum wrote:Bookitty, if you disagree with me on the theory, then whatever. I'll say that I've had multiple experiences with scum refusing to claim at L-1, including on Day 1.

If you think you're more expendable than MS because he claimed Ori and doesn't want to fullclaim now, I don't know what to tell you. Except to reiterate that flavor is irrelevant, so. You should probably ask why he's not complying with Singer's request to more fully discuss what the replace out shenanigans were about and also not trying to explain why hypothetically he couldn't do so.

Uhhh, I went over this already.

In post 741, Bookitty wrote:@Metal Sonic:

In post 726, Plum wrote:You should probably ask why he's not complying with Singer's request to more fully discuss what the replace out shenanigans were about and also not trying to explain why hypothetically he couldn't do so.

Can you explain that, please?

Also, can you firm up your read on Yukari? One issue I have with you is that you apparently thought I was scum but you asked me to vote with you on Yukari before the weekend. Now you're asking her to vote with you on me. So what is your read on her?

Meh. I am sure Plum and Mollie are town, and I KNOW Mollie has better meta on MS than I do. Plus if MS is scum and I save him at my own expense I'm going to feel very dumb.

Thinking about it.

This is a really good assertion. I'm not sure I'm following MS' reads progression because he was very hardon for Yukariscum, and can't seem to make up his mind. I don't think inconsistency is a scumtell, though. What do you think that says about his motivations (not that he's semi-addressed this??)

In post 767, Metal Sonic wrote:Please stop asking about my communications with listmods until singer gives the clear. Thanks.

I've given you as much clear as I can but I need to remove myself from actually giving you the ok on something I know nothing about. This needs to come directly from Ankamius or the LM in question.

In post 768, Bookitty wrote:I don't care what they said back to you. I'm asking what you were going to try to do and why, which is not something you got from the listmods and which can't reveal information they gave YOU because it's information YOU had before you tried to do it.

This is what I really agreed with in my previous post. I've been racking my brain for examples, and I can't think of any. I think though, that if they told him he couldn't do something be it was trust tell related, then it would probably defeat the purpose of telling us what he asked them, since it would accomplish more or less the same thing.

WHICH IS WHY THAT PREVIOUS POSTS EXISTS IN SUCH DISTRESS.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #794 (isolation #31) » Tue May 26, 2015 5:54 am

Post by singersigner »

In post 775, Yukari wrote:After reading and/bella iso, neither of them give us much to work with as far as reads. And seemed pretty focused on zzzx but not because of scum read, other than that they have asked a few questions and rode safely on the yukari and MS wagons. And's replace felt believable rather than leaving due to pressure.

1 thing that stood out though is that bella seems to be in at least 3 other ongoing games right now.
She also seems to be more active elsewhere, but don't think we can talk about ongoing games.

The first half of the bolded is fine and something you can encourage other people to look at for themselves. Like "it seems like x player has been avoiding our game" implying that you know they've been elsewhere on the site. The second half is something you can just leave out. We shouldn't speculate on activity-level in other games until they're over. Actually, for example, I know there was one newbie game I made it a point to make time for while I was on V/LA just because it was in LyLo, and I let the other newbie game on D2 kind of just run it's course. In any case, yeah...

In post 788, Frogging Mollie wrote:
In post 778, elusive wrote:Yukari wants to now keep MS alive after 1 vs 1ing him for so long. MS I presume also wants the same thing? Yukari basically soft claimed an investigative so ugh. Yukari is totally playing against their town meta in two games on here and I don't know what to account for the huge change.

Mollie and I discussed the same thing. Question is, which investigative? Now the seem like they are buddying up to MS after a long head to head against each other. Also, them pushing their own towntell??? And that meta...

"LAMIST" haha. Someone tried using that on me a few newbie games ago, but I was actually town, so it's not always so accurate. Mollie can teach you what the difference is between someone who tries to use it to clear themselves and avoid scrutiny, and someone who maybe seriously believes they might be the next nightkill.

But that's not why I pointed out your post. I'm just wondering what the point is of speculating soft-claims like this so early on. Elusive offered up this option out of the blue which is scum motivated because it gets information to the rest of your team, and now you asking what kind of investigative seems like pretty heavy rolefishing. It makes me le sads. :(

Preview Edit:
@ZZZX...it would be nice to see you comment on other things if you had enough time to process and comment on that one sentence in my post stating your name, that was mostly referring to not trusting someone else's ability to "wait til later"... >_>

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #809 (isolation #32) » Tue May 26, 2015 6:27 am

Post by singersigner »

I thought you were suggesting the soft-claimed investigative role and interpreting it more bluntly so there wouldn't be any room for questioning and then it would put Yukari in an awkward position of confirming or denying it or ignoring it.

I didn't see where Metal said it first, though, so I'll have to look back at it. I kind of only started reading up from today since that's all I had time for commenting on and figured would have the least questions already answered, but I'll do more on the 8 pages I missed after work tonight.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #2009 (isolation #33) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:54 pm

Post by singersigner »

In post 2004, Grib wrote:Wait, that means singer was scum.

I'm sad I let that go.

:twisted:

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #2022 (isolation #34) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:09 pm

Post by singersigner »

I really wanted to play scum in a normal game for like the first time in three years... :(

I'm ok with the scum PT being released.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #2025 (isolation #35) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:31 pm

Post by singersigner »

I'm not gunna lie...I was hoping Dragon would be able to ride my town read for a while. His early stuff wasn't great, but if there weren't so many people riding on meta townreads of everyone, his later stuff wasn't too bad.

GG, town...so close! :P

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #2035 (isolation #36) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:22 am

Post by singersigner »

In post 2028, ika wrote:
In post 2025, singersigner wrote:I'm not gunna lie...I was hoping Dragon would be able to ride my town read for a while. His early stuff wasn't great, but if there weren't so many people riding on meta townreads of everyone, his later stuff wasn't too bad.

GG, town...so close! :P

the moment he begane doing nothing was the moment i knew your slot was scum

theres a fine line on how someone lurks and how dragon was going it was exactly like macs doings in herthstone.

i had suspicions of you as well and if you staying in i prob would of pushed your lynch out

Eh, I played pretty on point with my town meta, which is never SO TOWN, so I wasn't really panicking. My issue was with a group of five people who knew each other SO WELL, it was really hard to penetrate that into a town read on people who didn't know me so well. I knew it wouldn't last forever, but I'm pretty proud of myself for not succumbing to the pressure I had on me at the beginning of the game and being as honest as possible with my reads. Metal Sonic threw me for a loop and I was 100% honest with how I reacted to that.

I still don't like feeling like I manipulated the two people I really wanted to play with in the first place. That was the hardest part about being scum. :(

I like tomatoes.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”