VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (isolation #0) » Mon May 11, 2015 7:13 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 654, Skullduggery wrote:
VysePresident replaces Soren and PeaceBringer replaces Aeronaut. Welcome to the game, VysePresident and PeaceBringer!

The Day 1 deadline will not be extended.

Heh, well, dangit

Well, hello guys! I was planning on taking a couple of days to catch up, but I guess I'll try to be on tomorrow. Today's my birthday, so no dice on that. :igmeou:
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (isolation #1) » Wed May 13, 2015 9:43 am

Post by VysePresident »

In post 740, Bookitty wrote:I don't want to lynch Soren/VysePresident today. While I'm not thrilled with his one replacement post, I still don't think that slot is scum.

We have a little more than a day left to achieve a lynch. I think grapes is at L-2 right now, but that could be wrong so please check for yourself.

For what it's worth, I tend to be pretty slow to catch up on a game as Town. I put a lot of value into building a clear picture of the game, and being right - I'm almost House's antithesis. So yeah, I'm going to be pretty laid back this phase, and mostly focused on getting reads in before Twilight/Night. I'll probably get more involved if I survive today somehow.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (isolation #2) » Wed May 13, 2015 10:18 am

Post by VysePresident »

So, I've read about half the game so far, up to Page #10, and I'm heading to work shortly. I'll go ahead and throw out what reads I have, and get back to you guys tonight.

-Leans Town - House(?), Lucian, Suzenne

NOTES: House is probably the weakest of my Townreads, just because I'm not fond of his read process so far, and he seems a bit more focused than last time I played with him. That said, there's a flow to his thoughts that leans more like his Town thought process, and I feel that outweighs the former stuff. I'll probably look into this more tonight.

Lucian leans Town mostly because he feels like I expect. Call it a gutread.

Suzenne feels pretty Town to me. She's a little bit weird stylistically, but so far, so good. I don't get House's bit on her being low-hanging fruit, really. :/

---

Null - Farside, Lala, Aero, grapes.

Mostly okay with Farside, but she hasn't wowed me yet, either. I'm still not sure what to make of Lala ever. I didn't really get any scum or Townvibes from Aero. Honestly, I've haven't even really bothered to think about Grapes that much. Some of his yelling pushed toward mildly Town, but meh. Not my first choice of counterwagon.

---

Dunno - D3x, Peregrine, Kat,

Haven't seen much of anything from these people.

---

Scummy - Blankface.

Mostly, I don't like the way he's hanging around & posting blandly inoffensive analysis. I'll dive into this tonight, when I have time to actually explain my read, but mostly, I just feel like he's playing to avoid attention so far. I'm a little sad to see that apparently the pressure on him died.

In all honesty, I'll probably vote Grapes if it really has to be him or me, but realistically, I'm leaning more towards Blankface for scum.

VOTE: Blankface

#VanityWagonGo!
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (isolation #3) » Wed May 13, 2015 10:23 am

Post by VysePresident »

-I can't math. >_<

In post 749, Suzune wrote:
In post 741, House wrote:Where's my vote again?

Screw it, best to be sure...

VOTE: Soren

Sure, I can do that. post 603, Suzune"] and post 508

Although honestly, president who replaced him is not very helpful either in clearing Soren's case if that was his intention. Sharing that he was not really going to catch up until the nighttime is kind of odd. You would think, given the number of votes on the person he replaced that, he would reread quicker.

Honestly? I think the case on Soren mostly amounts to his playstyle, plus a bit of momentum. I mean, sure I'm biased, but I think the scumread on him was silly. I had him as Town even before I replaced into the slot.

Also, I'm busy. It's my Black Belt test this Saturday, plus I have a job. I'm not thrilled, but I'm not a fast poster, and I'm not any good when I try to be, unless I find something I want to latch onto hard. I'll take being right over finding a convenient counterwagon ASAP.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (isolation #4) » Wed May 13, 2015 4:35 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 754, farside22 wrote:Why would a vanity wagon work at all 1 day till deadline? Like what do you expect

Realistically, I don't expect to lynch Blank, but miracles have happened to me before. It depends in large part on where everyone's at, how quickly I can write up my thoughts, and a lot based on activity. At the very least, I want people pointed his direction tomorrow, unless something pushes me off that read. It's not like I can't switch my vote if it comes down to it.

Mostly, I just don't find the case on Grapes that impressive so far. Feel free to talk to me about it - I've still got a fair bit of the game to sort through, and it's possible you're seeing something I'm not. Mostly though, I just don't see myself voting him now except in self-defense, and even that doesn't seem too appealing.

I'm baffled at how you think that's scummy, to be honest.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (isolation #5) » Wed May 13, 2015 4:37 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 763, BlankFace wrote:Can't as in it's a gut read?

I'd also like to hear from Vyse what inoffensive analysis is. What the hell is offensive analysis? I can't scum read that vote though, It isn't opportunistic but it's pretty useless. And I have to say what pressure? The only person who's voted me with any reasoning or analysis behind the vote is Lucian. What pressure is there from Pere, who voted and then jumped to the Grapes wagon when he saw that it was going to go nowhere? And then he continues on to do the same things that I got shit for early game, asking questions but providing no analysis himself. This is why 'town!Pere really hits his stride day 3 or 4' is shitty logic. I don't care. There's enough in the game that Pere could take a stance on something, instead he's done nothing but sheep House and then jump to another wagon when nothing comes from it. Tell me why I shouldn't scum read that.

Mostly, I think you're playing too safe.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (isolation #6) » Wed May 13, 2015 4:39 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Anyway, I've got a few chores & stuff to take care of, but I'll try to dive into my thoughts more tonight. I figure the overview is a better place to start than nothing.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (isolation #7) » Wed May 13, 2015 7:28 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Sometimes, I don't get why Town thinks the way it does. :|

I'm President Funkhouser, VT. (As

I'm going to ask people to wait to hammer until I've had a chance to finish writing some textwalls.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (isolation #8) » Wed May 13, 2015 7:29 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 760, lalaladucks wrote:Starting to think Blank is scum.

In post 775, lalaladucks wrote:VOTE: VysePresident

Wondering if I should imagine grapes as a bunch of green ones or red ones.

How did we get here? >_<
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (isolation #9) » Wed May 13, 2015 7:39 pm

Post by VysePresident »

...I'm trying to resign myself to the fact that I'm setting myself up for a mislynch by targeting anyone other than Grapes, but it really sucks to watch it happen due to a combination of apathy & ego reads.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (isolation #10) » Wed May 13, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by VysePresident »

P-Edit - Yeah, that's the one.

Like, there's so many things I'm not doing to maximize my chances for survival that wouldn't take any effort, or at least force a counterclaim, and it's frustrating that nobody is trying to read me. :/

I'll hold off on the rant and work on reading through the game, so I can at least do something useful, but I'd really appreciate if we didn't go that route.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (isolation #11) » Wed May 13, 2015 9:57 pm

Post by VysePresident »

The frustrating thing is, it's really Town, and it's my first freaking time getting mislynched, and it feels really obvious to me, but that's because I see things

Like, I wish it was scum, because I could have pulled so much crap, like claiming Cop for a counterclaim, pushed Grapes, not told the hivemind it was wrong.

I mean, I can probably get away with not counting it, but I'm going to hate having that mental asterisk. I feel like I could have done better.

Anyway, textwall incoming. Once I get it up, I'd appreciate it if you'd do me the favor of pushing BlankFace when I'm lynched, if nothing else. Before that would be even better, but...yeah.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (isolation #12) » Wed May 13, 2015 10:06 pm

Post by VysePresident »

VysePresident wrote:The frustrating thing is, it's really Town, and it's my first freaking time getting mislynched, and it feels really obvious to me
that this is silly, and Town is repeatedly going the easy route over actual scumhunting
, but that's because I see things
very differently from everyone else, apparently. I tend to do okay at catching scum, particularly in environments like this, but I always have a hard time communicating my thoughts to people, and I don't know if it's better or worse that I'm right a lot of the time.

Fixed, for those mere mortals who can't read minds.

Mostly, it's just me ranting. I'm kinda sad I won't be part of this game, if that isn't obvious. :(

#BlatantAtE.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (isolation #13) » Thu May 14, 2015 12:13 am

Post by VysePresident »

So, I'm going to run through BlankFace's =25709#p6858034]ISO and list my points of note.
---

-Most of his initial stuff isn't particularly interesting - There's a bit of questions & light pushes/nudges, but nothing that's particularly alignment indicative.

- catches my eye a little, because it's the first part where I feel like he's engaging, just a little - he's pushing Lucian for a soft-defense, & something lite on Farside/Suzenne. Mostly Null, even if I'm a little uncomfortable with the former.

- & - Now he's gently pushing Soren. It's coming at a time when Soren's getting a little bit of backlash. My discomfort is solidifying, and this is about when I started to form a light scumread on him.

Like, it's not so much that he had a scumread on Soren per se, but how he went about it, if that makes sense. There's an easy, straightforwardness to the read that bothers me. He's focused on Misplays over scuminess, if that makes sense, and he's focusing on buzzwords over what makes Soren scum in this particular instance. ('WKing' & 'Buddying' have counterparts in Town, for example. I don't see BlankFace trying to sort that out.) I want to call it opportunistic, but I think a better word is that it feels calculated. He's constantly pushing & nudging, and doing very little with it.

-I actually do like when he engaged with the game in his posting spree, in , , and , and I've questioned myself about this a fair bit. I kinda liked how his Suzenne read developed, and while I don't automatically townread people for pushing the game forward, it was at least a positive in that direction. I'll admit to wafflling hard here.

-The problem is, his reads don't really grow from there. There's an easy aggression to his posts that has me leery - a number of his questions feel like they're being presented to an audience, rather than seeking information out, such as & . Basically, he's constantly challenging people, but rarely doing anything with it. It feels like baiting for a lynch, honestly.

-He continues to focus on 'stiff' (my best attempt to sum up the way I'm seeing his reads move.) scumtells over analysis, and comes away confidently reading Peregrine as Scum for 'lurking.' This is despite being Null on Katsuki pulling almost the same thing. (Granted, Peregrine scumread Blank. I don't think this is a major point in Blank's favor, though.) This bothers me - it's not that I don't believe PV couldn't theoretically be scum, but the way Blank reached that conclusion feels kinda forced.

-I very much dislike the manner in which he transitions from seeing my play as , (which was okay, given he was scumreading Soren.) to dismissing me in , to his epiphany that Soren was posting elsewhere, and therefore, his replace-out wasn't legitimate.

It feels less like a natural pattern, and more like he's playing cool to avoid getting flak that would come with counter-scumreading me. (It's not like he would consider himself in much immediate danger of a lynch anyway) The bit about Soren joining a new game feels like an excuse for getting his vote on me while avoiding that pitfall. (Did he really only just now discover Soren immediately /inned for a new game, days after the fact? More on this in a second.)

In short, I'm seeing a lot of stuff from BlankFace that looks calculated rather than natural scumhunting. He's consistently nudging towards perceived weaknesses, rather than sorting through the them - challenging other players, but largely following through only on weaker targets. I don't really see much engagement from him, in terms of actually sorting through the game. There's just a bunch of targeted questions.

So....yeah. I don't know what else to say here. I'm not particularly charismatic, nor am I great at explaining my thoughts. This is the kind of read I consistently have to fight for, because it's hard to convey why I find a particular mindset scummy. I have to use words like 'feels', or 'probably' that don't tend to inspire confidence, but at the same time, this works for me. Individually, none of these things are particularly condemning, but added together, I'm confident enough on this read that I'm willing to take a ridiculously high risk of getting screwed over by the deadline to get it through.

Just give it some thought, please.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (isolation #14) » Thu May 14, 2015 12:16 am

Post by VysePresident »

Sorry for the wall. It's kinda necessary.

Anyway, this how Soren went about /inning for a game. I don't think it's as telling as it's being made out to be.

Spoiler: The Evidence
In post 372, Soren wrote:I could play with KittyCupCake again

So tempted to rejoin...

In post 373, elusive wrote:You could VLA while exams are going or even get someone to "cover" you during exams and then pop back in.

It's like this is the mini theme game queue with the bonus track of Soren's commentary on everything :P

In post 374, Soren wrote:
In post 373, elusive wrote:You could VLA while exams are going or even get someone to "cover" you during exams and then pop back in.

It's like this is the mini theme game queue with the bonus track of Soren's commentary on everything :P

Yeah I guess I could, I really want to play this game. What do you mean by getting someone to cover for me?

Haha I guess it is :p

In post 375, Soren wrote:Yeah I want to play so I'm rejoining :p

/in greatest idea mafia

In post 376, elusive wrote:I think in a game where someone was going on leave for an extended period of time (about a week or so) they had someone play on their behalf, like a temporary replace I guess. I'm not sure if that's normal here or not but it has happened.

Good luck on exams and games :)

In post 377, Soren wrote:Ah I see. I've never heard of that before.

And thanks!

Good luck on the game for you too c:

I look forward to playing with you
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (isolation #15) » Thu May 14, 2015 12:24 am

Post by VysePresident »

In post 474, lalaladucks wrote:
In post 449, d3x wrote:
In post 437, lalaladucks wrote:Lol
At this point I'm not sure whether you're just wrong or you're scum.
I'm leaning towards scum because I hate when people start up ducksgoat (select me as the scapegoat)
I guess we'll see though
That's a pretty stellar way to respond to a single Vote without a presented case... :roll:

It's just that it happens Every. Freaking. Game.
:facepalm:
Apparently my posting style is inherently scummy, idk why, I'm just trying to figure out the game.

For what it's worth, you constantly give me a headache because I feel like you're jumping around all over the place. My kneejerk reaction is that it's scummy, followed quickly by me trying to figure out specifically why you're scummy & not really feeling it.

I'm not really sure what to make of you, to be honest. I guess your reads feel kinda shallow, but sincere-ish. :/
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (isolation #16) » Thu May 14, 2015 12:30 am

Post by VysePresident »

...Y'know, I'd appreciate having a little bit of the credit you're extending to PV. I mean, I don't think I did half bad in Elemental Mafia. I'd appreciate a chance to play the game, pretty please & thank you. :igmeou:

#TownAgain#Let'sNotDoThisK?
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (isolation #17) » Thu May 14, 2015 12:57 am

Post by VysePresident »

In post 804, farside22 wrote:
Vote: bookitty

Since I lied to everyone, including myself, and have not yet gone to bed like a sane person would, I'd like to ask you for a compromise. Vote Blank with me today, please, and I'll talk with you about Boo tomorrow. I can't promise I'll support a lynch - my gutread on her play is just kinda meh right now - but I'll listen & give it a serious look.

Can you work with that? It's as much as I can promise.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (isolation #18) » Sun May 17, 2015 10:33 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Prod dodging because it's late, and I've spent my time catching up with other games all night. :|

Farside is a strong Townread at present.

@D3x - For a second, my poor tired brain registered your vote as "VizePrez", and I was about to forgive you for pushing this darn read again, just for the reference.

Anyway, talk to me. What about Soren makes you think the wagon was hard because Scum were fighting it, versus it just being shallow? I want to start getting a feel for your thought process here.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #956 (isolation #19) » Sun May 17, 2015 10:34 pm

Post by VysePresident »

That was choppy. :|

Meh, anyway, catch you guys tomorrow.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1022 (isolation #20) » Tue May 19, 2015 4:36 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 1019, lalaladucks wrote:Dondé esta VysePresident
He should be here ~_~
I haven't read all the recent posts though, no time atm

That. I'll probably be on tonight. (This game is briefly running at 3rd priority out of the games I'm playing, but with any luck that won't slow me down too much.)
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (isolation #21) » Wed May 20, 2015 10:21 am

Post by VysePresident »

Well. :|

I'm guessing from the tone you're taking that there's no changing the shot, but if I'm wrong, please do. Literally anyone on the lynch is a better target than Farside.

I'll catch you guys tomorrow, if I don't replace out in the meantime. (I made a massive mistake in /inning for so many games, and I've been trying to figure out which ones I can salvage without screwing over everyone else. I used to be proud of my track record, too. :/ )
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1114 (isolation #22) » Sat May 23, 2015 8:26 am

Post by VysePresident »

I'll get to ya tonight, pal, but one thing I want to clarify right off the bat was that I was talking about playstyle, not accuracy. I'm not that arrogant. :P
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1123 (isolation #23) » Sat May 23, 2015 7:03 pm

Post by VysePresident »

...What?
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1124 (isolation #24) » Sat May 23, 2015 7:56 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Spoiler: House Quote, for reference
In post 1108, House wrote:
In post 747, VysePresident wrote:
In post 740, Bookitty wrote:I don't want to lynch Soren/VysePresident today. While I'm not thrilled with his one replacement post, I still don't think that slot is scum.

We have a little more than a day left to achieve a lynch. I think grapes is at L-2 right now, but that could be wrong so please check for yourself.

For what it's worth, I tend to be pretty slow to catch up on a game as Town. I put a lot of value into building a clear picture of the game, and being right - I'm almost House's antithesis.
So yeah, I'm going to be pretty laid back this phase, and mostly focused on getting reads in before Twilight/Night. I'll probably get more involved if I survive today somehow.

My antithesis, eh? How about we take a glance at my very first reads list, just for shits & giggles?

In post 151, House wrote:
Confirmed Town
:
03 - House

Town
:
12 - Aeronaut

Hope They're Town
:
05 - LucianRoy
10 - lalaladucks
01 - Bookitty

Null
:
02 - d3x
04 - Soren
08 - farside22
09 - PeregrineV
11 - Katsuki

Low Hanging Fruit/Possible Scum
:
06 - Suzune

Scumspects

07 - BlankFace
13 - grapes

600+ posts later...

In post 752, VysePresident wrote:So, I've read about half the game so far, up to Page #10, and I'm heading to work shortly. I'll go ahead and throw out what reads I have, and get back to you guys tonight.

-Leans Town - House(?), Lucian, Suzenne

NOTES: House is probably the weakest of my Townreads, just because
I'm not fond of his read process so far
, and he seems a bit more focused than last time I played with him. That said, there's a flow to his thoughts that leans more like his Town thought process, and I feel that outweighs the former stuff. I'll probably look into this more tonight.

Lucian leans Town mostly because he feels like I expect. Call it a gutread.

Suzenne feels pretty Town to me. She's a little bit weird stylistically, but so far, so good. I don't get House's bit on her being low-hanging fruit, really. :/

---

Null - Farside, Lala, Aero, grapes.

Mostly okay with Farside, but she hasn't wowed me yet, either. I'm still not sure what to make of Lala ever. I didn't really get any scum or Townvibes from Aero. Honestly, I've haven't even really bothered to think about Grapes that much. Some of his yelling pushed toward mildly Town, but meh. Not my first choice of counterwagon.

---

Dunno - D3x, Peregrine, Kat,

Haven't seen much of anything from these people.

---

Scummy - Blankface.

Mostly, I don't like the way he's hanging around & posting blandly inoffensive analysis. I'll dive into this tonight, when I have time to actually explain my read, but mostly, I just feel like he's playing to avoid attention so far. I'm a little sad to see that apparently the pressure on him died.

In all honesty,
I'll probably vote Grapes if it really has to be him or me
, but realistically, I'm leaning more towards Blankface for scum.

VOTE: Blankface

#VanityWagonGo!

So, he ad homs me by ridiculing my reads process, then basically sheeps my reads from 600 posts earlier right out of the gate after making a grand statement about taking his time and being right, UNLIKE ME? :shifty: :roll: :igmeou: :? :mad: :neutral:

I mean, personally, I wouldn't sheep somebody if I thought their reads process was crap, because if that were the case, whoever that person was voting is most likely to be town. Unless, perhaps, I was scum.

So, let me clarify a few things before diving into my own thoughts & stuff.

-The first bit was just me teasing you(House) a little bit, based on our last game together. It wasn't intended to be taken seriously, and I'm sorry if I offended you. I hate that kind of trash talk period, and it's not like I'm perfect by any stretch. (Case in point being this game so far.) (For what it's worth, I do view us as being opposites in some ways - You're aggressive & involved, shifting from read to read, while my usual pattern is to sit back & slowly build up my thoughts until I have something that feels solid, at which point I usually get heavily active & involved myself.)

-The second was me saying I disagree with some of your conclusions, but it fit into a pattern that I felt was more Town you than not, albeit it was a first glance read. (Yes, this is a prelude to me reviewing it, in case there's any doubt.) It wasn't an attack on you personally. I'll bring up examples if it's really needed. Might even do it anyway, depending on my reread.

-I was saying Grapes was a meh lynch, and I said I wasn't interested in voting him at the time, except to preserve my slot, particularly given that I had an actual scumread I wanted to focus on.) The only reason I mentioned him was because he was the default counterwagon to myself. (See: .) The worst my read ever got on him was a paranoid Null, and I don't think I even noted that anywhere.

-There's a difference between taking time to form my thoughts, and not offering any at all. Frankly, I didn't think I was surviving Day #1 - I wasn't interested in pushing Grapes, and most of the pressure was centered around the Soren slot.(Me) I figured I'd try my best to get my strongest scumread lynched, and failing that, make sure he followed me the next phase. I took my best guess, things worked out miraculously, and I blew it. :|

-I don't think it's fair to say I was 'sheeping' you when I had fairly in-depth reasoning of my own in . I mean, if you have a problem with my case, or how I approached it, or whatever, fine, we'll talk, but this is just taking my play out of context. It's a buzzword. :|

-My first post & vote on BlankFace was more of a 'bookmark' than a concrete analysis. I do that in part to get attention, which can be difficult given my relatively passive style, and as a starting point for fleshing out my read. (Again, you got that in .)

-As a sidenote, I made the mistake of putting this game on the sidelines during Day #2, due to screwing up & getting /in happy. (I don't even have any good excuses this time. I was just an idiot, and I don't think I'm ever joining more than two games at a time again. >_< ) We had a ton of time left on the deadline, and I figured it wasn't top priority. :/

Basically, that's why I'm a bit slow getting back into things from here. I need to review my reads & the stuff I let slip by in the meantime.

That's the story of me this game.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1125 (isolation #25) » Sat May 23, 2015 8:00 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Actually, I've got a question of my own: Why didn't you push me for this in first place, when I was voting Blank, in the first place? Why did you 'sheep' me & go from a death tunnel on Soren to Blank?
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1127 (isolation #26) » Sat May 23, 2015 8:06 pm

Post by VysePresident »

P-Edit - Getting there, I promise! :)

I'm hitting these posts now because talking about my play is easy, and because I was having a hard time getting back in the game. It makes for a nice starting point. Besides, I wanted to talk with House a bit anyway, and this works as well as anything.

In post 1113, House wrote:
In post 794, VysePresident wrote:

...Y'know, I'd appreciate having a little bit of the credit you're extending to PV. I mean, I don't think I did half bad in Elemental Mafia. I'd appreciate a chance to play the game, pretty please & thank you. :igmeou:

#TownAgain#Let'sNotDoThisK?

This AtE is scummy. He's trying to leverage my respect for Pere's play in a past game to manipulate my read on him, too.

...Again, why?

(Also, I was leveraging what I hoped was a little respect from my own play in a past game. :P )
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1128 (isolation #27) » Sat May 23, 2015 8:11 pm

Post by VysePresident »

FYI, my internet's a bit iffy at the moment. I'll try to get that post up, but I'm noting this here just in case.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (isolation #28) » Sun May 24, 2015 10:16 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Sort of. I'm just second-guessing myself a lot.

As an overview, I'm assuming we're facing MyLo with a scum team of three right now, and potentially unknown poison target(s). (If somebody more familiar with MS balance wants to chime in, that'd be nice.)

I'm inclined to trust you(Lala) for Town. I like Suzune & Lucian(RIP isn't moving my read either way yet.) independently, and that combines with your partial claim to make a nice Town block of sorts. I kinda want a full-claim though, just because I think we're approaching endgame, and I don't think there's much value in playing coy at this point. I'll leave that call to you, though.

This leaves me with House & a trio of lurkers. (Boo, Peregrine, Katsuki). There's little things about House that keep me paranoid, but realistically, I still think he's Town. It's hard to explain, because it's still a semi-intuitive read based on a lot of little things, but he feels like he did in Elemental Mafia, when he was Town. (I think the closest I can get to explaining it right now is that I'm asking myself a lot of the same questions, making similar observations about him, and the like this game. He also doesn't seem to have much in the way of 'positioning' & 'direction' that I'd expect to find in his scumgame. (I've also heard it called intentionality)

There's stuff like the Aero push & some weird read movements that I'm paranoid about, but I still think he's Town. [/rant]

That leaves me with the lurkers. Boo's kinda meh overall, and I don't like her read movements in general. (& yes, that includes Soren/Myself.) I'm probably going to vote her, but I want to sleep on it.

The thing that keeps me second-guessing myself is that the last two are almost pure POE reads for me. It leaves just enough room for a theoretical ScumHouse to blindside me if my Townread on him is bad. That's where the vast majority of me second-guessing myself comes from, with a little bit directed at Boo. :/

So, that's about it.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1139 (isolation #29) » Sun May 24, 2015 10:22 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 1133, Bookitty wrote:I have some unexpected guests this weekend (I should know better by now than to answer, "Nothing!" when my family asks what I'm doing for Memorial Day) and so I haven't been able to check in as I'd expected.

For now, I'm going with what Farside wanted:

VOTE: VysePresident

Changed my mind.

VOTE: BooKitty

Can I get you to run through how your read on my slot's evolved the way it has? Like, the thing that's bothering me the most is that I'm not seeing much in the way of depth here. (Also, how did you go from Farside is a bad tunneler to sheeping her?)

I'll catch you tomorrow with the other stuff I was talking about. Now I just need to crash.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1141 (isolation #30) » Sun May 24, 2015 11:06 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 1140, lalaladucks wrote:Vyse

did you really just say what I think you just said

In post 1138, VysePresident wrote:
I'm assuming we're facing MyLo with a scum team of three right now

what's with this?

My understanding is that three to four scum are the norm in a Mini. Factor in the SK, and assume the worst, and it's MyLo. (That's why I was asking for somebody with a better understanding of MS balance to chime in.)
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1163 (isolation #31) » Tue May 26, 2015 9:55 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Meh. I won't object either.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1262 (isolation #32) » Thu May 28, 2015 4:00 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 1257, lalaladucks wrote:I see you guys agree that Peregrine is a scumfalcon!

nice

por que don't you join me in voting for him?

I don't disagree with you, so much as I really want to talk to Boo/push my read on her a bit. Except that's not going well because I'm being even less active than her. Let me catch up with my other game over tonight & maybe tomorrow, and then I'll stop being useless.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1301 (isolation #33) » Sat May 30, 2015 1:05 pm

Post by VysePresident »

There are VTs flipped.

I'm also VT.

(Yes, this a prod dodge. I want to say I'll be on tonight, but my track record has been bad enough I'd like the margin.)
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1310 (isolation #34) » Sun May 31, 2015 8:44 pm

Post by VysePresident »

@Boo - Why are you sold on Pere? Like, I have him as an acceptable lynch due almost entirely to POE.

The short of my scumread on you is that your reads & movements all feel shallow. This is one case, while your Townread on Soren & Scumread on Grapes is another. I'll get to the whys of that tomorrow, or maybe tonight, if I can stay up long enough.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1311 (isolation #35) » Sun May 31, 2015 8:49 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In other news, I just want to apologize for being such a lurker this game. I don't have any real excues, I just suck. My Town game has been going to heck lately, (BlankFace being this game's example.) and coupled with my near constant exhaustion, I've a hard time getting back into the game.

I'll either be active by tomorrow at the latest, or replace out.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1320 (isolation #36) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:50 am

Post by VysePresident »

Hey, Duck, while I'm reading through the thread, can I get you to tell me why you're dead set on PV?

Thanks!
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1335 (isolation #37) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:12 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Holding off on the hammer for now, because I'm trying to finish that stupid read-through I promised.

(To be clear, I'm leaning scum on PV by POE, but there's some stuff I want to touch on while I can - I.e Boo for Scum.)
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1345 (isolation #38) » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:21 am

Post by VysePresident »

Huh. This is still going after all.

I think PRs should claim actions now, unless there's a darn good reason to do otherwise.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1352 (isolation #39) » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:47 pm

Post by VysePresident »

...I knew I was forgetting something. :|
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1359 (isolation #40) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:52 pm

Post by VysePresident »

That's kinda where I'm leaning, unless maybe it's you & Boo. (House & Boo don't really seem to be pinging off each other like they did in the Mini I read, but their apathy is making that hard to tell.) I've done a lot of meta diving on the two, and I think I'm at the point where I'm just confusing myself instead of helping anything.

Either way, I think I'm going to be voting Boo when all's said & done.

@Ducks - I understand I've been pretty crappy since Day #1. I don't know how much this is worth at this point, but I think I can get to this tonight. If not, my offer to replace out stands.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1378 (isolation #41) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Post by VysePresident »

In post 1369, Bookitty wrote:I'd be a hypocrite if I judged you on that, Katsuki. I've come perilously close to missing submitting a night action myself and I know how real life can be distractive. That said, if you do it again I'll post a pic of Hello Kitty giving you the bad middle finger. I mean it. You bin warned.

I do support the RIP lynch, I think. Not sure that he's scum, but he's done nothing to make me think he's town here either.

VOTE: RIP

VOTE: BooKitty

Okay, I get that Boo is really cool and all, but why are we not lynching this?

Look at any of her pushes. She's not even really pretending to scumhunt at this point. :/
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1381 (isolation #42) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:28 am

Post by VysePresident »

My scumhunting is handicapped by only getting five minute bursts to post. There's a reason I'm planning on taking a break from Mafia after this game is done. It's just not working well with my schedule anymore.

But seriously, how do you go from Townreading Soren (& scumreading Townie Grapes, which is a trick I use all the time as scum.) & dismissing what Farside says about you, to voting me 'because Farside wanted it'? Then when I'm no longer the center of focus, you get convinced by Duck's tunnel that "PV is Scum!", and it's 'well, let's vote RIP & see what happens!'

You're literally jumping from popular wagon to popular wagon, based on...what?

I'm sucking this game, yes. My presentation & communication has taken a sharp nosedive since the beginning of the game. That doesn't make me wrong. (Remember Dooku & NM, Ducks? I got a little grief for poking at Dooku too.)
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1414 (isolation #43) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:19 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Sorry. Today was the last straw. Really should have done this sooner.

@Mod - Please Replace me

Sorry Skull, things just didn't work out. I need to back away from Mafia for a little while, until I can be certain I have the time.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1696 (isolation #44) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:00 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Nice track targets Suzune! :)

Sorry guys for trolling the dead thread. I couldn't really dive into my speculation like I normally do, without spoiling things, and it got a bit too tempting to tease Town a little. :P

I was leaning Boo/Ducks at the time of the replaceout, with Boo being stronger by far. I was waffling on RIP at the end, and ended up giving up on Ducks being scum, but I fell hard for Lucian's play, enough that I ignored his add-on about having Townread Blank, and his defense of Soren. (Though to be fair, I was pretty dead sure Soren was Town even before I replaced into the slot, so it didn't ring particularly hollow to me. I wasn't kidding - it was a bunch of disorganized scumtells that really didn't fit the actual scenario, in my opinion. )

By the way, inactivity is almost a screaming Town tell for me, much to my regret. It's not that I like playing that way, nor that I don't have plenty of Town games where I've had a fairly decent presence, but I find it easier by far to make up convincing reads than I do actually coming up with real ones. (Ducks, I'm really disappointed in you for not listening to me about Boo earlier, after Pick your Power. :P )

I was having trouble getting into the game after the second day, due to me only being able to post during the very late nights, and I was really lacking confidence after Blank turned out to be Town. (The worst thing is, I sort of realized the holes in my case after sleeping on it, but I still wanted him more than Grapes.) It was an exhausting time, both emotionally & mentally, and that killed my ability to focus on the game. (Farside getting venged was a bit of a sore point, too. I hate it when my few 99% confident Townreads get removed, particularly like that.)

I hope I can play with you guys again, sometime, when I can devote my full attention to the game. Unfortunately, I've ended up replacing out of a number of games recently, and I kinda want to take a break, until I can guarantee I'll have the time. This is the second time in a row that I got too ambitious, and it really showed.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1697 (isolation #45) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:02 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Also, I meant to say thank you Skullduggery for modding the game! It really was a blast, and I appreciate the time and effort you put into this game.

Thank all of you for playing with me, and especially Joe for subbing into my slot & carrying it to a win.

Good game guys, and take care! :)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”