Mini 1693: Fire vs Ice Mafia(End Date: 7/19/15)

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:57 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

Damnit games always start when I'm at work!
Couldn't we all just chase butterflies and rainbows for five posts or so?

But in all seriousness, let's get down to business:

I think that Brain's progression of emotion throughout the thread so far has been pretty natural for someone who simply made a mistake in interpreting setup information:
In post 22, Prolapsed Brain wrote:
You really should read the thread. :igmeou:

In post 48, Prolapsed Brain wrote:
Bite me. That's a response.

These responses seem to come from frustration when Netherspite refuted his interpretation.
In post 39, Netherspite wrote:
How does that exclude the possibility of having fire townies in the setup? That's just a sample.

On top of his initial interaction with They call me R, I don't believe that being rude and cantankerous in itself is a scum tell. Lack of contribution IS a scum tell.

In fact, I think that his effort to find discrepancies in Netherspite's theory could be interpreted as a town tell if he simply made a mistake. But he needs to make up for it with some actual discussion/contributions.

@Brain, I think we're still in the safe zone as far as votes go (I count 3, with seven needed to lynch). I also think it's too early to lynch (not enough information for day 2), and since we don't know how many scum we have, I will
HoS: Prolapsed Brain
I would like you to please give an explanation about what your thought process was. I don't think we should lynch so early in the game but if you aren't contributing to the discussion, then you're being anti-town.

That said, VOTE: They call me R for working so hard so early for a bandwagon to actually lynch. I know you've been joking in a lot of your posts, but there is an element of seriousness there. And current lack of sufficient information for a Day 2 in the event that Brain is town is an anti-town move.
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

-- Rose Nadler, 'Through the Looking Glass' (Lost)
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:34 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

In post 37, Prolapsed Brain wrote:
In post 0, Kari wrote:
sample town win condition wrote:
You win if all Fire members are eliminated.

In post 21, Netherspite wrote:
In post 18, ika wrote:whos up for a mass claim?

Actually since wincon is about ice/fire elimination the setup can even consist of ice/fire townies only.
Or there can be both fire and ice townies and mafia.

in both of these cases mass claiming won't make sense.

Here you go.

VOTE: Netherspite because he's probably scum trying to derail town's scumhunting efforts with this type of stuff.

Quoting the above because I misread it/misinterpreted the win condition myself.

I take back what I said about your mistake, Brain.

With the given sample town win condition, there is no way to have Fire Town. Assuming (as in most games) that this is one that was actually sent out, we can be lead to believe that the Fire players are indeed mafia. This IS a Bastard game, so we don't know if that's what was actually sent out. However, the rules state that a rule was Bastardized (singular). And since the win conditions are not explicitly RULES, I assume the one we have been given is correct/true.

That does NOT however, remove your responsibility to contribute as a player.
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:22 am

Post by Dean Harper »

In post 69, hiplop wrote:I think I agree that dean made a scum slip. Mine says the op.

Coaching and slipping at page 3

I simply meant there is no way to know if town all have the same wincon wording. Which is true.

In post 62, They call me R wrote:
In post 55, Prolapsed Brain wrote:We are on Page 3. Chill. 25% of the playerbase hasn't even posted yet.

What a shitty exuse for you to lurk while being pressured.

In post 58, hiplop wrote:VOTE: dean harper

Trying wayyyyy too hard to look proactive.

Not exactly. But I can agree to a certain degree. This:

In post 52, Dean Harper wrote:In fact, I think that his effort to find discrepancies in Netherspite's theory could be interpreted as a town tell if he simply made a mistake.
But he needs to make up for it with some actual discussion/contributions.

@Brain,
I think we're still in the safe zone as far as votes go (I count 3, with seven needed to lynch)
. I also think it's too early to lynch (not enough information for day 2), and since we don't know how many scum we have, I will HoS: Prolapsed Brain.
I would like you to please give an explanation about what your thought process was. I don't think we should lynch so early in the game
but if you aren't contributing to the discussion, then you're being anti-town.

That said, VOTE: They call me R for working so hard so early for a bandwagon to actually lynch. I know you've been joking in a lot of your posts, but there is an element of seriousness there. And current lack of sufficient information for a Day 2 in the event that Brain is town is an anti-town move.

Bolded resembles coaching and the voting thing is strange.

@Brain unless you start talking with us we aren't going to move on. Sorry, just not seeing why town would completely ignore all that. And even if town, you are being anti-town. Thus if town, it will be in your advantage to talk to us and prove whether you are town so that we could get on the right track. If not keep it up, you'll just help us lynch you. :wink:

How are any of my remarks toward Brain different from the underlined part above? If my quotes are considered "coaching" then TCMR is doing the same. My vote stays for being a hypocrite.

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:38 am

Post by Dean Harper »

Are you asking me to claim?

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:19 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

Yep I was pretty much guaranteed to be lynched if I survived the night, and if I hadn't self-killed, ika wouldn't have been able to JK.

And to address my scum slip and impart wisdom on everyone else: DON'T MAKE POSTS IMMEDIATELY AFTER A 12 HOUR WORK SHIFT.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”