Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1535 (isolation #1) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:29 am

Post by Plotinus »

You were great <3

Hey we’re at L-2 what if we both vote for Acutest Kitty from outside our hydra will that work?

VOTE: Acutest Kitty
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1536 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:29 am

Post by Plotinus »

we’re at L-1 Anna where are you

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1570 (isolation #3) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:08 pm

Post by Plotinus »

@Mods thanks for modding! I liked this game <3

@Tammy: i’d like to be town together with you sometime too!

In post 1568, TellTaleHeart wrote:Don't apologize, Plot! Appeals to emotion happen as either alignment and you were just playing to your win condition. I'd be happy to play with you again; you're really smart and your posts are always an interesting read. <3

eh, but it’s always been more of a towntell for me because I can’t fake things like that and things are much more likely to get under my skin as town. As scum, I have more information so it’s easier to see what’s going on in a thread to see what other people are doing and why they’re saying the things they’re saying, but this game I got under my own skin i think. Also, when you’re actually crying you don’t want to hear it dismissed as AtE so you still want to keep it out of the game as much as you can because it’ll just make it worse. And I know that I’ve never been townread for having an incomprehensible meltdown, so there’s no benefit as either alignment. + I felt it was unfair to the other players to have to walk on eggshells around me and I almost replaced out so that people wouldn’t have to put up with me anymore but then after the guilty on massive and we knew we could no longer win and I could just stop caring and that was a relief so I stayed and managed to start having fun again.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1572 (isolation #4) » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:41 pm

Post by Plotinus »

All Alone you were really great! You had the entire scum team picked! I went after you for preflip associatives partially because you were right. you just needed to be a little more active, hanging back tipped us off that you had a power role.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1585 (isolation #5) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:50 am

Post by Plotinus »

i figured out today the rest of why i overreacted like that. ugh. I don’t mind explaining but I don’t want to get into it in public.

I also think it’s not something I can reasonably expect other people to accomodate. I probably need to take a break for a while and/or replace into games after the gibberish phase of the game is mostly over instead of trying to start games for now. I do want to get better at coping with gibberish and maybe even learn to decipher it someday, but I clearly don’t have the emotional resources for it right now.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1587 (isolation #6) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:17 am

Post by Plotinus »

You’re great, Anna, let’s be town together next time <3

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1594 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:53 am

Post by Plotinus »

In post 1588, fferyllt wrote:
Plotinus wrote:I also think it’s not something I can reasonably expect other people to accomodate. I probably need to take a break for a while and/or replace into games after the gibberish phase of the game is mostly over instead of trying to start games for now. I do want to get better at coping with gibberish and maybe even learn to decipher it someday, but I clearly don’t have the emotional resources for it right now.

Cabd's gibberish had meaning, but it was buried in mutual experiences from prior games. he does this a lot as a way to crumb selectively. If a game event was so memorable that it's become something of a meme (for instance, there are quite a few players who didn't play the Pinniped Mini Theme game who have heard about "that game where scum-Cabd convinced a town Mason he neighborized to claim him as a 3rd Mason", so any talk about masons involving Cabd or brought up by Cabd invokes that game, and by extension when he mentions the game, that's one of the possibilities some people are going to consider - that he's a mason or neighbor in this game.

Anyway, Plot, my point is that the gibberish is often going to be gibberish to everyone that he isn't actually crumbing to. You aren't the only player who wouldn't get it.

I know. I think what I minded specifically was that it was obvious in retrospect so I felt like I should have understood some of it anyway. The concept of crumbing to a specific person is fine and I’ve done that myself in the past. But I don’t think that cabd did anything wrong; crumbing his role in a way that confused the scum team was playing the game well after all!

the gibberish that usually bothers me more is the gibberish that happens at the start of the game where people say nonesense to each other and then mysteriously figure out each other’s alignments.

But I think it mostly wasn’t about cabd, it was mostly 4 hours sleep + everything offline + other stuff.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1596 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:56 am

Post by Plotinus »

it’s okay, Mara. Thanks for trying to help. I appreciate it. <3

Nobody did anything wrong. There is nothing anybody should have done differently. I also have the feeling that what I’m saying is coming across as gibberish to everyone else. It’s okay. I don’t think I can explain what happened on my end. Something about patterns and a series of accidental coincidences that reminded me too sharply of something elsewhen that wasn’t accidental, and my ability to understand language (in general) falling apart and then here be dragons.

I don’t think trying to translate all the stuff I didn’t understand will help or would be even possible. It doesn’t matter. I’ve been running on empty for a long time; it’s not a surprise that I shut down. But it wasn’t anyone’s fault. Nobody did anything wrong. I’ll be okay. I don’t want to talk about it anymore. I’m sorry.

I’m not quitting mafia; I just need a mental health break. I need to spend some time spectating games and trying to solve them without having to actually talk to anybody and see if i can get some confidence back, but I need to not join any games until I can join them because I think it would be fun instead of as a test of my worth as a human being, if that makes sense. My thinking is just a little too sideways for mafia right now.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1598 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:44 am

Post by Plotinus »

DQ was amazing with that tracker role!

“Being tracker is hard,” we said.
“They have to not only figure out who is scum, they have to figure out who is going to do the kill,” we said.
“Therefore, it’s safe to leave them alive,” we said.

Never underestimate Tammy and Mara! They were great!

Everyone was great <3

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”