Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:37 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 116, Elbirn wrote:^ my condolences.

Anyone here?

Talk to meee

In post 117, Titus wrote:Sorry for your loss Drixx.

I am here.

Thank you, both of you. I suppose it was inevitable as I aged that this would start happening, but two close family members in the space of less than two months is a little hard. I wouldn't have posted but it's super early in the game and I am likely to vanish from the hydra at some point once all the various things in my life I need to rearranged are handled, and I figured it would be good to let folks know.

The scary part, for this particular situation, is that the uncle in question also had a spinal injury, although his was much worse than mine is and he took very poor care of himself in the 18 years since he was injured, and was in poor health. That said... the event which caused his stroke is a syndrome that most people with spinal cord injuries, including myself, deal with to some degree or another. It is called Autonomic Dysreflexia and is caused by the autonomic nervous system essentially kicking into overdrive while the brain's attempts to stop it get blocked by the nerve damage. One of the main dangers is that if the trigger cause of the dysreflexia is severe enough or lasts long enough without being relieved, it causes arterial and vasoconstriction (makes the blood vessels squeeze tight) which causes blood pressure to rise.

I have had one case where ER personnel refused to listen to my warnings and a problem that could have been fixed they left hours until finally it spiked my BP to ~ 275 over 170 or so. That was almost 6 years ago, and the incredible pain in my head for those few minutes until they finally took me serious and got the problem fixed ... I was pretty scared that was it for me. My uncle had a similar thing happen, only the BP went up into the 300s, and they couldn't get it under control and finally the pressure caused essentially one entire hemisphere of his brain to hemorrhage.

So it's simultaneously grief plus a little bit of being scared. I manage my condition very well, and I am super careful, but even so I experience the problem probably a couple dozen times a year, with one or two times the duration goes on long enough that it starts to be concerning.

This post is probably a gigantic overshare, but I've never really been embarrassed about my condition, and as strange as it seems ... the player list (and mod) for this game is almost entirely people I have no problems sharing this with. Thanks in advance to whomever feels like sending prayers, well wishes, good vibes or whatever my way as I deal with this. I will do my best not to leave my poor hydra partner stuck alone for any longer than absolutely necessary. I'll probably be around as much as I can when I'm done re-arranging my schedule before I drive the 1,200 miles to say my goodbyes to a 2nd close relative in as many months. Mafia has been kind of therapeutic for me since the first one, so hopefully it will help for the 2nd.

I hope it goes without saying that this post is entirely OOC and should not be considered at all when reading our slot. I think everyone I know on the game list wouldn't go there, but better safe than sorry.

*hugs Titus*
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:42 pm

Post by Drixx »

Cerb; please pick this up in the hydra. I just wanted it to be super clear for folks that you will be without me to chat with (those who didn't play SU with us may want to look at our hydra chat PT from that game to get an idea of what that means).

My Uncle succumbed to the impacts of his stroke this afternoon. I'll be driving through the night tomorrow and spending time with family and am unlikely to be back until at least midweek next week, at the very soonest.

Cerb is awesomesauce™ but already I have seen Titus applying the standard of our play from SU onto him and he's basically by himself while I handle RL stuff. Apologies to the game for the disruption. Have a little extra fun in the game for my sake, yeah?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1396 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:05 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 1394, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1392, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 1384, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 1383, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1381, Reasonably Rational wrote:Would the members of the LQ wagon please kindly state your reasons for being on said wagon? And, LQ, you haven't told me why Jeanne is scum to you.

-Cerb

I'm having second thoughts about Jeanne11 being Scum. I was thinking recently that she could be lyncher or something, since that is what makes the most sense fmpov, but I don't know for sure. My read on her is that she doesn't make any sense. Its actually really hard to get a good read on, since she has been very poor at explaining her thought process. I mean that alone can be interpreted as many different things with different looks. I was thinking she was Scum because she was pushing me so much and I'm Town so she could be looking for a mis-lynch out of it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I dislike this answer. The entirety of your reasoning was "Oh, she's pushing me and I'm town therefore shes's scum"? That's the same reasoning she has been using. Everybody is scum because people keep questioning her.

-Cerb

I dislike it for other reasons. Are you really suggesting that Lyncher (a wholly negative utility role to balance a powerful town) is the most reasonable thing you can think of that might be motivating Jeanne, LQ?

I think it needs to be considered. I will say that what I have seen from them elsewhere on the site that the are a very emotionally charged person and the have done things a bit unnecessary in the past. I believe She has claimed Scum in her first post in one game and even gave away why her teammates were in a cryptic way in that post. She was Scum that game. That is the type of player we are dealing with. I know no one is strictly rational, but she is so far removed from having premise of a logical base that its a bit getting use to to say the least. That is why I am not trying to rule out anything at this point.

Why are you giving a fluff answer and not speaking to the main point that I raised? Do you agree or disagree with me that Jeanne cannot be allowed to live into M/LYLO?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2160 (isolation #3) » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:27 am

Post by Drixx »

Wguerts ... Mason PT please.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2173 (isolation #4) » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:21 am

Post by Drixx »

Can't get hydra account to log in for some reason. Will pick up this and the prior post as soon as it's fixed (or Cerberus will).

Please do not end today until Cerberus and I give the all clear.
We've got a plan in the works and we need to make sure we leave the full details in the Mason PT in case we die. There are also parts of it we need to share in thread here. Please bear with us... we'll get it done after our DnD session tonight... even if I have to guilt trip the snot out of Cerberus to make it happen.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2292 (isolation #5) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:44 pm

Post by Drixx »

I'm glad we were wrong and won today. I apologize for the extra time we took; however, I think we were right to try and do everything we could to ensure the win long term in case today's lynch didn't win the game and we couldn't be around later to do so.

KlingonCelt is a female, btw, Suzanne.

When you guys read the Mason PT, you'll see that we basically figured the best plan was to lynch everyone but Suzanne in some order. You can see my own thoughts about Elbirn, which were heavily influenced by the fact that Titus scum read Wgeurts and our slot when we weren't scum which made me suspect that her being wrong in her strongest scum reads would also have a correlating wrongness in her strongest town reads. So ...
Kudos to Titus for sorting Jeanne on day one and also getting Elbirn and Suzanne as town correct. That's pretty impressive. I'd love to know what made you so sure they were town and could be trusted. Please do share that. I know I can't be the only one impressed by such impressive correct town reads so early on day one

I apologize that Cerb and I were busy and it took longer for us to go through setting up as much assurance as we could that we would win. We got burned in Steven Universe and didn't want to see that happen again here. Sorry if anyone feels like their time was wasted. We were more focused on ensuring a win since a perfect win was off the table already so there was no real need to necessarily win today, as long as we won.

@KlingonCelt - Why the vig claim? You couldn't produce an extra kill and therefore it would take a very bad town for that claim to get you to the win. I'm interested in what your plan was to get to M/Lylo and have a shot to win. (I haven't played a lot of scum games in all the years I've been playing forum mafia ... way less than the odds would suggest I should have, so I'm always curious to learn from people's scum games).

Grats town again and major props to Titus for being impressively right about a lot of things (but ridiculously wrong about wgeurts and us).
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2295 (isolation #6) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:50 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 2291, Varsoon wrote:Wheh.
I hope everyone enjoyed this game.
:3

Enjoyed the game. I think the town was strong enough it could have been a perfect rout of the scum team, except Brantz had what is, to me, a bastard role. There is zero functional difference between a neutral Survivor and what Brantz would be in a 3 person LYLO situation. It is only semantics which makes it so that he would not have "changed" alignment. In every way besides semantics, he would become a Neutral Survivor at that point and have zero incentive to care which side won. His win condition would be to just hammer whatever vote went out first (as long as it wasn't himself). He would be incentivized, in a hypothetical 3 man LYLO scenario, to simply post "I win as long as I survive today. Whichever one of you votes the other first, I will hammer." and it would be a matter of who happened to be around when he said that for who won.

That made him a policy lynch for the same reason all Neutral Survivors are a policy lynch.

But what bothers me is that we lynched him because we didn't believe his role claim because it is in every way (except semantics) bastard.

Only complaint, and one people will read when they read the Mason PT, so figured I'd repeat it here in case anyone else wanted to comment on it, or tell me to go take a long walk off a short pier for being irritated by that. Or whatever...
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2298 (isolation #7) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:54 pm

Post by Drixx »

The game was mechanically actually really well balanced for a U-Pick game. The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one. Really quite impressed by that.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2300 (isolation #8) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:56 pm

Post by Drixx »

Also still amused by Titus' ongoing refusal to just admit she slipped in SU. I mean ... she lucked out and got a win despite the slip. That's some impressively stubborn pride there Titus. (Reading the dead thread now).
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2343 (isolation #9) » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:18 am

Post by Drixx »

Read the dead thread.

@Titus - Did you actually think for even an instant that Cerberus and I wanted a draw out of this game? I guess at least I know just how shitty you really think we are.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2346 (isolation #10) » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:19 am

Post by Drixx »

Varsoon ... I have scheduled time this weekend to watch a certain movie which should make a certain thing you are helping me with need your attention early in this coming week. I'll gladly reciprocate but obviously it cannot be on the SU prequel game since Cerb and I are pre-in for that.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2349 (isolation #11) » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:33 am

Post by Drixx »

Umm... Wgeuruts wasn't scum so he was simply speculating that the scum would prioritize killing the masons before you, and he assumed that we (RR) would get killed probably because we work really hard at the game and we were taking over and running the town. We seemed like the logical choice to get killed. You would have to ask scum why they killed you instead. If I had been scum, I would not have killed you ever.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2380 (isolation #12) » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:26 pm

Post by Drixx »

@Titus - Cerberus and I do a lot of talk with each other when we play as Reasonably Rational, and both of us are always trying to get better. You should always keep in mind that we might be running a gambit (regardless of alignment).

We basically assumed that KlingonCelt was better than to make a claim that would make her look super guilty so we discounted (but didn't discard) her as a scum candidate. We spent the extra time to try and figure out a way to leave a plan for a 100% win chance. In Steven Universe we actually achieved a 100% win chance but a town player bucked and ruined it. In this game, the only way we could get close was to ensure the scum felt obligated to keep killing (a no kill would have hurt every plan we came up with) and then rely on our certainty that FireKari was town and that Suzanne was town and would use her ability to ensure at least one Mason made it to LYLO (at worst case).

So the questioning Varsoon about happily ever after was purely an attempt to make the last remaining scum feel obligated to kill and short of perfect play by the scum, we were pretty sure our plan would result in a town win no matter what. We worked hard at it, even though we both had a hard time getting together (end of semester for me, Fallout 4 for him).

That's just how we are though. We both feel like signing up for a game is a commitment to the rest of the players who signed up that we will put our best effort into it.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2382 (isolation #13) » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:36 pm

Post by Drixx »

To me you always come across as pleasant and warm. You are always polite, never seem to get irritated or angered by even the most unpleasant things that occasionally happen in games, and you are consistently pleasant towards everyone. If someone is reading you as stiff or cold, that is probably more about how they are putting their own assumptions onto the text than you. I am horrible at reading tone in text, so if I find you consistently warm and engaging, I should think most people would see it much more strongly than I do.

It's always a pleasure to play with you.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2396 (isolation #14) » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:20 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 2395, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 2394, Suzune wrote:LQ you are usually so obviously townie to me. So when I was reading your posts and not feeling the town vibe, I started to worry. First, I thought you were just off your game, but when nothing happened later to change it. I began to get suspicious. Personally, I like townie LQ better.

I'll be the first to admit my scum game needs a lot of work, which I talked about a lot in the PT's.

Do you keep notes by hand or in a document when you play? The best way to play (as either alignment), imo, is to keep notes, and at the top you should have a section where you list what you know and how you know it. As scum you simply have to avoid ever revealing what you know because you are scum and otherwise play as you would as town. Every townie makes posts which can be legitimately pushed and viewed as scummy. A lot of town players intentionally add some scumminess to their town game for one reason or another, so that's what you can look for.

I used to feel I was a better player as scum than as town, but I've been working super hard on my town game for awhile now and I think I've now gotten better at town. I think the challenge of town is more appealing to me too ... more mystery to solve. Being informed means I have to practice spinning a convincing narrative and pull off getting town people lynched while appearing to be justified in believing they are scum. This takes a lot of thought and work ... apart even from the constant risk of revealing you know something you don't have any reason to know.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”