Mini 1760: A Midsummer Night's Dream (GAME OVER)

absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1749 (isolation #200) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:03 am

Post by absinthe »

Dwlee you do not get to hammer.

If you do hammer then you are tomorrow's lynch.

You have a vested interest in not voting scum because it decreases your chances of making your win con.

TOWN YOU NEED TO PAY ATTENTION TO THIS POST
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1750 (isolation #201) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:06 am

Post by absinthe »

In post 1241, Dwlee99 wrote:caught

Remember this post?
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1751 (isolation #202) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:10 am

Post by absinthe »

In post 1241, Dwlee99 wrote:no I caught him let me loverize him.

There's the whole post.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1753 (isolation #203) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:15 am

Post by absinthe »

I don't care what you say. You've stated a wincon and I'm going to assume you're playing to it. If you hammer and I'm alive tomorrow I'll do everything I can to see you dead.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1756 (isolation #204) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:19 am

Post by absinthe »

In post 1754, Dwlee99 wrote:How is hammering against my win con?

Read my damn post.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1759 (isolation #205) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:21 am

Post by absinthe »

In post 1742, beeboy wrote:
In post 1741, Dwlee99 wrote:I haven't been reading. :3

Vote Max.

In post 1743, Dwlee99 wrote:Is he at l-1?

These two posts would like to have a word with town.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1765 (isolation #206) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:29 am

Post by absinthe »

In post 1762, Aristophanes wrote:You're probably right Absinthe.

Is Max a better wagon? I won't vote Droog.

What do you think about Max's play?
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1788 (isolation #207) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:47 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 1785, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 1780, Dwlee99 wrote:Sandbaggin? Wtf. I am just making fun of absinthe. lol

Its a term I overuse :S

I mean if you start giving us resistance, I won't be hesitant to smite you.

Trolling absinthe is ok though.

Is not.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1792 (isolation #208) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:40 pm

Post by absinthe »

Was there a post or an exchange that pushed your read to that strong of a town read?
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1795 (isolation #209) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:02 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 1793, Aristophanes wrote:I'm sure I noted it before.

Grey was a townread.
When he offered his body to science with the loverizing and meant/ppushed it, it solidified it for me.
His replacement was unfortunate.
Droog hasn't done anything I believe to be scummy though, and the incessant pushing on him solidifies my read of the slot. He has responded well and genuinely and continued trying to be helpful and push his reads, whether they were popular or not.
He is a likely scum distraction wagon or counterwagon, and it has worked out great for them by splitting everyone.

I just cannot fathom this slot being anything but town.

Have you had a chance to look at Maxwell Puckett's posting?
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1798 (isolation #210) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:00 pm

Post by absinthe »

I'm reading some of Maxwell Puckett's old games tonight. One thing that stands out very strongly after skimming 3 games is that he's more straightforward and takes stronger stances as town than as scum That's two scum games and one town, so it's a terrible sample size. I'll see what I think when I've read a few more of his games.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1801 (isolation #211) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:20 pm

Post by absinthe »

This is the town game I'm reading: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=62853

I found 3 completed scum games. It's your language that sounds stronger in this game than in the Open game and Dead Poets game. I'm going to read the Monagatari large theme game next if I have time.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1805 (isolation #212) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:38 pm

Post by absinthe »

It's hard to explain, but comments in this game like:

In post 374, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Also, I think I agree that Lambda is town.

In post 730, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Deciding that Trump hydra is town for today will probably help me out. I'm not feeling it as much anymore, and I need to narrow my focus.

And this entire post:

In post 1366, MaxwellPuckett wrote:While I'm not disinterested, it's true that I would call myself unfocused. Or, maybe I
was
unfocused? There was a period where I was less active, and only skimming, and the game kind of got away from me.

The reasons besides that are kind of hard to explain. I can't pinpoint anything in this game that's different from similar games where I haven't felt like this. But I think it IS the game, and not just me, because I'm fine everywhere else. I guess it's my indecision about a lot of things (for example, wanting to call absinthe scum for being weird, but at the same time noticing an odd quality in her play that suggests she's like this as either alignment and such behaviour is not alignment-indicative). Maybe it's just a bad game, I don't have a lot of confident reads atm. I keep getting caught in the trap of 'this looks like scum but WHAT IF' or 'this looks town but a different player I'm townreading is confident this person is scum' and it's a bit bleh.
I usually get super-into games if I'm being attacked, though, regardless of alignment. That's independent of the stuff I've said up here. This post was hard to write. But it's kind of sorted out some of my thoughts for me?

Gut says I'm suspicious of Aristophanes, and my gut I don't mean 'magic', I mean 'it's difficult to explain'. Gut wants to vote absinthe for her terrible vote on me (and I wish she'd responded to me there because I thought I was pretty quick on the draw), my mind is saying 'she's been doing stuff like this all game, is it NIA, should I check absinthe's other games to see how she is'? Uhhhh, I think itlepip, Spiffeh, and your slot maybe are town, I'm not sure how I feel about Goodmorning (gut wants to say town but I'm suspicious for probably no reason), I think Snarky is town, Seniors is maybe town, beeboy is just awful, I'm kind of sus of LoneWolf, and I forget who droog replaced but I think I liked his posts.
There, that's a stream-of-consciousness infodump about me myself and I. I didn't intend for this post to be like this but I feel kind of more oriented now??

PEdit: You're looking for 'Amished Tell', Pigeon.

I'm comparing these posts to comments in your town game like:

In post 411, MaxwellPuckett wrote:The Frog is town, but that's me going from what I'm getting from Plotinus' posts more than anything else.

Klingon's vote was bad and there was nothing wrong with saying so.

Uh, I don't like Muffin, I remember not liking Muffin when reading but I'd have to actually look for what bothered me. Just a sec.

In post 1449, MaxwellPuckett wrote:The middling Gratuitous wagon votes appear to all be 'huh? That guy? *checks ISO* Oh, yeah, he can be scum', and the last few votes are, 'lets get the dang game going'.

I can understand the sentiment of both, to an extent. Question, though... is Gratuitous scum because of inactivity? I'd have to say no, because calling lurkers scum was apparently a point against klingon, so that can't be it. Quoth's ? Where Gratuitous questions the placing of a vote because it happens to be the largest wagon, despite never actually reading the thread? I'm pretty sure Flubber's town, but why the heck is is strange to ask that? Is it because Plotinus asked first and Gratuitous was piggybacking his question? What is it? What?

It's not that I'm thinking Gratuitous is town. It's that I haven't really seen any reason to think he's scum, and this wagon makes me nervous.

If I had to pick between the two, I probably would vote klingoncelt, because although I'm not sure about her, there actually seems to be a case that I can see. But the beauty of the amount of players in the game means that I don't have to pick between the two of them, and it's not close to deadline either. I've also seen stagnating games, and this isn't one. Not faulting Blue Blur for going that way, but we don't need to pick between lynches right now.

This is off topic but: That feeling when you're searching 'Gratuitous' in the game and you see a line that pings your scumdar. Excited, you check the player name, only to find out that you made that post. It really takes the wind out of my scumhunting expedition. But it's also kinda hilarious.

I'm not really sure why I decided I wanted to unvote Bulba. Gut, I guess, at the time it seemed like a good idea. Saying I'd switch to Gratuitous if not Bulba was also something where I don't remember why I said it. I think at the time I was just swayed by popular opinion. At least I REMEMBER why I unvoted Bulba, but I'm honestly stumped on this.

So anyways, where I'm at right now: Flubber's probably town, Firebringer is probably not.

Though, while looking at Firebringer, I came upon Prolapsed Brain's Gratuitous vote, and I actually do think I understand where he's coming from. Maybe I just don't like how the wagon is forming in its latter stages. And then I hate Firebringer's Gratuitous vote right under it.

Oh, also, I like pisskop.

VOTE: Klingoncelt

Funnily enough, I also think Grib is scum. But while I'm against voting just because, I'm also not a fan of being on vanity wagons, unless it's a strong case I want people to switch over to.

In post 2587, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Constantine, scum could be withholding singer's role PM in order to incriminate her. Also, if we do attempt to Lynch singer and she's saved, it proves jack shit. A scum judge has no reason NOT to save their scumbuddies, because who the judge is has not been revealed. They also have reason to save town, because of what you just said. Singer being saved would not prove her scum, because scum could save a townie to make them look like scum. Yes?

Sure, its not the simplest explanation, but its not impossible wifom city. Mastin's right, all this role stuff isn't helpful right now. With some more flips it will be, but not now.

I'd vote Honey Bee for dropping off the face of the earth but the judge isn't one shot and she'll just be saved again, if she's scum.

VOTE: Firebringer

Also I'm thinking Constantine is town.

There's more oomph to your reasoning in the other game. I can see ambivalence and unsureness, but you were willing to take more stands, and they were about your processing of the game, not about making it possible for you to process the game or whatever the heck the post about Seniors means.

Here, from the very start you've spent more time defending yourself over every little thing than trying to figure other players out.

For instance, you've responded to just about every single post I've made about you, even when I had zero influence on how things were going. Many of those posts, especially recent ones were snark. I see so much more in the Wifom City game that is about other players, what they're doing and what you think about their play.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1806 (isolation #213) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:39 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 1803, MaxwellPuckett wrote:
In post 1801, absinthe wrote:
I found 3 completed scum games. It's your language that sounds stronger in this game than in the Open game and Dead Poets game.

My language here sounds stronger than in those two scum games? How so?

Your language in the town game I'm reading (which I called "this game") sounds stronger than in the scum games. Poor wording on my part.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1809 (isolation #214) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:33 pm

Post by absinthe »

:(

UNVOTE:

I know those feels in 1807.

VOTE: The Lone Wolf

There has to be at least one scum and maybe two in my reads that are above the null line, but I can't figure it out yet.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1849 (isolation #215) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:27 am

Post by absinthe »

That was a terrible lynch and I resent you pushing it through when we still had a few hours to go, Spiffeh.

I think Ari is town, so I don't want to vote droog today, and I'm not as sure about droog being scum as you are.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1998 (isolation #216) » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:31 pm

Post by absinthe »

I just read through the days posts. Holy shit this game.

There was one post by droog in all that mess that made me think he's for sure scum but I'll have to reread to find it again. There were also some posts that made me think Maxwell could be town from very late day 1. I'll post something substantive maybe tonight but more likely tomorrow morning.

VOTE: The Lone Wolf
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2168 (isolation #217) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:38 pm

Post by absinthe »

@Mod V/LA for a couple days.

I'm sick. I'm going to try to catch up tonight if I feel better.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2309 (isolation #218) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:00 pm

Post by absinthe »

Oh my god this game.

I read the last five pages. I'm not caught up. I see a lot of argument over when mylo happens but I can't follow it tonight. I hate being sick.

:(
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2459 (isolation #219) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:09 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 2415, beeboy wrote:Dwlee recently has been making me feel incredibly unsafe. His push on Titus feels more forced and I can't trust him when we know his goal isn't to win with town.

Titus is pushing his lynch hard. You find it odd that he's pushing back?
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2460 (isolation #220) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:13 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 2429, beeboy wrote:
In post 2425, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Beeboy right now you're arguing to lynch Dwlee because he'll 'maybe be a problem later', over scum, who are actively a problem the whole time they're in the game.

Ugh a bunch of posts came in preview, whatever.

No straight up lynching in this order.

Dwlee -> TLW

This stops us from being screwed over by Dwlee pairing more people aimlessly in exchange for what TLW getting a roleblock or being todays killer making a watcher useless for one night?

Dwlee will be a threat later in the game and we have to deal with him eventually and I'd rather do it now when scum don't have a solid kill option.

Are you townreading Titus?

Maybe you are? I'm starting from the last post I read to get a sense of where the game is right now, but I still need to go back and reread all the posts that didn't sink in earlier.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2462 (isolation #221) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:24 pm

Post by absinthe »

Ok I'm "caught up" in that my eyes have run across every post.

Spiffeh what are your reads?
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2467 (isolation #222) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:31 pm

Post by absinthe »

You feel like Maxwell is town?

I've wondered if my reasons for thinking he looked town at the end of day 1 are really alignment indicative.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2469 (isolation #223) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:30 pm

Post by absinthe »

I can't comprehend someone designing a game as scumsided as you're assuming.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2471 (isolation #224) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:48 pm

Post by absinthe »

Present claims are Aristophanes and Dwlee?

Or did I miss something?
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2474 (isolation #225) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:03 pm

Post by absinthe »

Yeah, could be. I was wondering that when I was off in my fevered dreams this week.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2480 (isolation #226) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:03 pm

Post by absinthe »

Are you townreading Lone Wolf?
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2570 (isolation #227) » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:01 pm

Post by absinthe »

I have never had so much disgust for my fellow players in a game.

What the hell was that quick lynch?
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2571 (isolation #228) » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:02 pm

Post by absinthe »

ffs more PRs.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2572 (isolation #229) » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:09 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 2561, beeboy wrote:Dwlee pm the mod and ask what happens if you loverize a 3rd party.
Because Spiffeh could be a 3rd party and we could have a smaller scum team to compensate or something.

Or pip is lying.

Why do you think spiffeh is 3rd party?
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2573 (isolation #230) » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:10 pm

Post by absinthe »

also who did you JK on n1?
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2590 (isolation #231) » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:42 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 2585, goodmorning wrote:guys absinthe might be scum for the 'what the hell quicklynch' thing

but maybe we lynch beeboy today, idk

absinthe spent night 2 half inclined to say hell with you all and replace out at the start of this game day. I thought Mafiascum was a mecca of good mafia play. My previous non-newbie game here bore that impression out in some ways. I've never seen anything like this game. It's laughable that I was so upset about my day 1 play given how town as a whole has played here.

Some of you
are
town. You have to be.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2596 (isolation #232) » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:51 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 2592, Spiffeh wrote:I regret to inform you that this isn't the place for you

I've come to this conclusion.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2598 (isolation #233) » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:54 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 2595, Dwlee99 wrote:I would hardly call this bad town play but more likely decent scum play. And hiplop / errant are probably scum and we got them d1 but then everyone changed their read for some reason even though errant is a very capable scum player (idk much about hiplop but he probably is too) so yea.

Yes and you set up the situation where the hammer was possible with 9 days yet to go.

You're not town, and you have your own motivations for doing that.

But town put you in a position to make that possible.

At this point, one town player making another vote mistake probably loses the game.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2604 (isolation #234) » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:58 pm

Post by absinthe »

I'm not bitching at you.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2612 (isolation #235) » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:17 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 2610, Spiffeh wrote:I'm obvtown

This is starting to rankle, given your influence over the game and how things currently stand.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2615 (isolation #236) » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:32 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 2614, itlepip wrote:Spiffeh is outed scum at this point

Explain this part.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2633 (isolation #237) » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:02 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 2631, beeboy wrote:VOTE: Beeboy

GM / Seniors I hope one of you is town so I can be quick lynched here and we can lose because of you.

Are you actually the same guy who was scumreading me on day 1 for saying I was ok with being the lynch?
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2636 (isolation #238) » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:03 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 2632, beeboy wrote:
In post 2625, Friendless Seniors wrote:
In post 2621, beeboy wrote:
In post 2617, Friendless Seniors wrote:the thing is though. beeboy's JK of dwlee is just so suboptimal that i'm having a hard time believing that scum would just come out and say that

Stopping myself from being paired with someone who will die anyway is sub optimal in what world?

i'm pretty sure the loverize starts after the scumkill dude
and you know, you could have protected in ari/titus

-EP

Scum kills happen last and everyone knows that so you are the scum and GM is the stupid town I guess.

Dwlee has been saying all along that the loverize doesn't take effect until the start of the next day.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2654 (isolation #239) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:31 am

Post by absinthe »

In post 2653, Friendless Seniors wrote:basically there are a good number of people i'd lynch before i lynch you.

Specifics? You said beeboy is scum earlier and that your vote is on him in spirit or whatever. In the above post you're asking him why one of him/itle has to be scum.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2655 (isolation #240) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:31 am

Post by absinthe »

I'm down for a mass claim.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2706 (isolation #241) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:40 am

Post by absinthe »

Can we popcorn or something to get the mass claim rolling?

I feel like some players are just hoping the mass claim idea will go away.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2733 (isolation #242) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:54 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 2720, beeboy wrote:Not claiming my flavor name lol

Full claim please.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2755 (isolation #243) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:54 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 2738, Friendless Seniors wrote:strongman isn't usually a permanent role

usually its like one shot or something. Having all these protective roles and a sperm strongman makes no sense.

I
really
want absinthe's claim, btw. Something fishy going on.

I'll be happy to go after beeboy flavor claims.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2756 (isolation #244) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:00 pm

Post by absinthe »

On day 1, after Snarky claimed, I thought that Goodmorning was probably his mason partner. I'd called her out for defending Snarky by attacking me, and I'd pushed for her to be lover-paired with me on night 1. Her reaction to that had looked odd in the same way that Aristophanes later looked odd. A somewhat shrill "Nope, nope, bad idea. don't do that".

When Snarky claimed, I figured that my push had caused Goodmorning to reveal herself to scum if they were looking for that kind of tell.

That's why the wind went out of my sails. Pushing a PR into dropping hints is bad play in my book. The worst sort of play.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2758 (isolation #245) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:04 pm

Post by absinthe »

Because it's why I believe her claim. She was acting like a PR on day 1.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2759 (isolation #246) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:06 pm

Post by absinthe »

And it's also something about my play that I wasn't going to explain until she claimed or flipped. I would eat a lynch before explaining why I dropped that read the way I did.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2823 (isolation #247) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:21 am

Post by absinthe »

on phone. Will explain more in a few hours if needed but my play has been pretty obvious vanilla town. flavor is Francis Flute.

popcorn to Seniors.

I don't like your push on me.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2839 (isolation #248) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:33 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 2835, Spiffeh wrote:Oh wait it technically wasn't a scum claim

Wow I suck

Fsr I thought Athenian Citizens didn't have flavor names but they do

She's still probably scum though

Nope.

My vote is my only ability.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2840 (isolation #249) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:42 pm

Post by absinthe »

Actually, fuck this.

I've never had such disgust for a group of players.

@Mod, sorry. I love the flavor but I'm done. Replace me please.

Goodmorning is my strongest townread at this point. Which isn't saying a whole lot.

Spiffeh's been leading town off a cliff all game, but he's probably town.

Seniors I backed off of them because of their PR-telling, but it was so heavy handed that of all the players who were dripping PR tells they're the ones I think were faking it.

I don't know or care what's the truth between itlepip and beeboy.

Good luck town.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2851 (isolation #250) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:55 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 2843, Friendless Seniors wrote:shes scum btw.

VOTE: absinthe

she visited goodmorning on night one

This is a lie.

Nice to save it until after I say I'm out.

Once again. Good luck town.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2922 (isolation #251) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:40 pm

Post by absinthe »

I've talked to Rob about my quit, and I've rescinded it and I'm going to play this out. A 117 page game would have to be awful to find another replacement at this point.

So.

I expected that if both Seniors and itlepip are town that itlepip would say he bus drove someone with me on Night 1, though I'm not really sure how that would work or why I could possibly be seen visiting someone.

At least one of them are scum.

For town's sake I hope we're looking at a scum team of 2. But, I think scum win with my lynch.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2923 (isolation #252) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:45 pm

Post by absinthe »

A scum bus driver is an incredibly scumsided role from what I've seen in games on other sites.

2 Masons
Doctor
Jailkeeper
odd night Tracker
bus driver

This looks like too much town power.

The odd night tracker is the role that's not like the others.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2924 (isolation #253) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:46 pm

Post by absinthe »

VOTE: Friendless Seniors
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2925 (isolation #254) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:49 pm

Post by absinthe »

Seniors did you crumb your n1 result? If so, where's the post?
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2927 (isolation #255) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:06 pm

Post by absinthe »

You did not hard scumread me on day 1.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2928 (isolation #256) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:07 pm

Post by absinthe »

I'm caught up in your lie.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2929 (isolation #257) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:07 pm

Post by absinthe »

Going to dwlee?

You can't keep your own story straight.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2930 (isolation #258) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:09 pm

Post by absinthe »

I'll be satisfied with having my vote on scum if the game ends today. Pyrrhic victoy
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2932 (isolation #259) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:11 pm

Post by absinthe »

I have all the I-told-you-sos.

:)
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2934 (isolation #260) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:15 pm

Post by absinthe »

The only possible way Seniors can be town is if itlepip is a scum busdriver. And I don't even know how that would work. How can you redirect someone who doesn't have a night action?
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2935 (isolation #261) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:16 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 2933, Friendless Seniors wrote:I did.

you know what I mean. League again, sorry. going to GM (who I was convinced was scum) I figured you were a cop of some sort

There is no way that I as any sort of PR of any alignment would resign myself on day 1 to being lynched. That's self meta, but I think it holds true for most players.

None. It's bad enough I cave that way sometimes as vanilla town.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2941 (isolation #262) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:44 am

Post by absinthe »

Town has to think about what to do tonight and tomorrow if my flip doesn't end the game. Don't think about only one side of the coordination equation because planning what to do if I flip scum is a waste of time. PRs need to figure out the best strategy is if there's a night 3 and you know Seniors lied.

And you need to give Dwlee marching orders. Loverize Seniors with whom?
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2944 (isolation #263) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:12 am

Post by absinthe »

In post 2942, goodmorning wrote:ok.

1. seniors is still believable because a town investigative is a thing not claimed thus far
2. i am
V/LA today and tomorrow
because I have FOUR MIDTERMS

You're discounting what a town investigative would do to the balance of Masons plus the investigative aspect of Dwlee's role.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2945 (isolation #264) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:15 am

Post by absinthe »

Angrypidgeon was certain Goodmorning is town. I want to trust that.

I feel like I'm talking into a black hole. I feel like Seniors wouldn't fake a track result if the resulting mislynch doesn't end the game.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2956 (isolation #265) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:34 am

Post by absinthe »

In post 2948, Dwlee99 wrote:Yo I'm loverizing you and beeboy, itl.

You're loverizing Seniors.

After my flip, if you do anything other than that, it's a scum claim IMO.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2958 (isolation #266) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:38 am

Post by absinthe »

I think so too. :(

Seniors fake claiming the result strongly suggests scum wins with my lynch.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2959 (isolation #267) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:39 am

Post by absinthe »

But, I hate to give up hope that town has some way through another mislynch.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2962 (isolation #268) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:37 am

Post by absinthe »

In post 2960, hiplop wrote:Abs is scum. Dwlee loverize itle/beeboy, beeboy protect me or go to stop nightkill

We win. Can we burn the scum yet?

Itlepip if you don't get loverize you get lynched tomorrow.

All of this falls apart with my flip.

Probably too late :(

I still don't believe a scum busdriver makes any sense whatsoever.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2968 (isolation #269) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:57 pm

Post by absinthe »

Who are you talking to? Me?

I know I'm on hiplop. And his story falls apart with my flip.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2971 (isolation #270) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:50 pm

Post by absinthe »

There's stuff I'd like to say after L-0 but I'm afraid someone will hammer (yet again) while I'm asleep and I'll miss the chance to say my piece.

If this day continues after my flip, then I think you need to think very carefully about whether there's any way that Seniors is town and something happened on night 1 to give them a false result.

And you need to think about which stances on me today make sense from a town perspective and which make sense from a scum perspective. What town would ever be 100% certain about this track result given the ridiculous number of PR claims and the mason flips? But more importantly, what stance would scum take? Is beeboy suspect because he unvoted?

I wish I had a crystal ball and could give you a list of people to lynch if the game doesn't end with my flip.

On day 1 when the PR tells fell into the thread like rain, I thought beeboy was probably vanilla town because he wasn't looking all that distressed about being run up. His jailkeeper claim pings a llittle for that reason.

I thought Seniors was taking a page out of Goodmorning's and Aristophane's book when they started hinting that they were a PR. I backed off, but I was not satisfied they were town. Not the way I was about Aristophanes.

I fought so hard against him being loverized.

I was ignored.

I expect more of the same, even after you know for a fact that I'm town.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2973 (isolation #271) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:58 pm

Post by absinthe »

At least you say "if".

And I'm left wondering if that's a pretense of uncertainty.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2977 (isolation #272) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:04 pm

Post by absinthe »

You can't stop self righteous town from rubbing it in your face in the middle of a mislynch.

Like I said. I have all the I-told-you-sos.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2980 (isolation #273) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:06 pm

Post by absinthe »

I won't self hammer.

I want all the scum on my wagon.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2981 (isolation #274) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:07 pm

Post by absinthe »

And town, please remember my tiny sliver of doubt about Seniors being scum, while you're at it.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2982 (isolation #275) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:12 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 2975, itlepip wrote:I will say that in the instant that scum isn't bussing absinthe here (assuming that absinthe is scum which obviously I am pretty convinced about) all of town + Dwlee need to vote on that person in order for that person to get lynched. Like the reason absinthe isn't getting run up super fast after all of the bullshit and stuff that he has spewed and why beeboy unvoted as soon as absinthe got to L-1, is that its pretty close to impossible for us to pull this lynch off. So if you are town, either make a god of a case on how absinthe is town here or vote vote vote vote vote vote.

Also Dwlee, like I know that unlike the rest of us killing scum here isn't really necessary to your wincon, but it would be really really nice if you could help us with that and it should increase you changes of getting more succesful lover pairs. We need your help for this day to not just end in a no lynch and then scum wins tomorrow. (Also why I voted absinthe here even though beeboy is more confScum in my eyes is that leaving a protective alive seems reasonable and this wagon seems possible to lynch.

Btw I'm a she.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2984 (isolation #276) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:22 pm

Post by absinthe »

absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2987 (isolation #277) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:36 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 2985, Friendless Seniors wrote:avatar is pretty obviopusly female

scum female who needs to die, but nonetheless female

From what I've seen, avatars don't particularly map to genders on this site.

My role PM is still just as green as my avatar. :)
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2992 (isolation #278) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:01 pm

Post by absinthe »

deadline is many days away.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2993 (isolation #279) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:02 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 2988, MaxwellPuckett wrote:I can attest to avatar and name not indicating gender, lmao. I just don't usually correct people on pronouns unless they're modding the game, haha.

The only way absinthe is town here is if Seniors is scum and I'd be damn pissed if that was the case, but I really don't think it is.

If you're town, remember my sliver of doubt about that. And rethink the damn game after my flip.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2997 (isolation #280) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:01 am

Post by absinthe »

The fact that I'm not hammered gives me hope that town still has a chance, if only via tonight's actions. If my lynch sealed a scum win, I'd be lynched now. :)
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3001 (isolation #281) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:25 am

Post by absinthe »

In post 2998, itlepip wrote:Or you are scum ;)

Do you actually think that if I were scum in this situation, I wouldn't self hammer just to shut down the night action discussion?

There is no way I'm not getting lynched today.

And I have every single one of the I-told-you-sos.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3003 (isolation #282) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:45 am

Post by absinthe »

The outed mafia part is erroneous, but you otherwise reiterate my point, that mafia probably aren't hammering just yet because the game won't end with my mislynch.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3004 (isolation #283) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:14 am

Post by absinthe »

In post 2016, goodmorning wrote:Hi Titus, sorry you're Scum!

In post 2009, Friendless Seniors wrote:Considering how AP got lynched I will see who flipflopped

EP will you collect the AP votes and unvotes so i don't have to search for them and be sad again pretty please?

hiplop please fill EP in on the gamestate

Vote: LoneWolf

I am just ok with this vote.

Goodmorning, this post confuses me. You say you protected Dwlee on night 1 because if he was likely to loverize scum then he'd die or be roleblocked or something.

But he wasn't roleblocked or killed. Snarky Snowman was killed.

And yet you were so sure that Titus was scum.

I'm rescinding my town read here.

I'm also rescinding my Spiffeh townread. I have a gut feeling that he's just calmly waiting this day out, and doesn't want his hands dirty.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3007 (isolation #284) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:55 pm

Post by absinthe »

I actually hope you're town, a little bit.

And if so, I also hope my flip doesn't make you tomorrow's lynch du jour.

A scum bus driver feels ridiculously OP. A scum redirector feels pretty OP but maybe it makes sense here.

But, if itlepip is scum, he's played a hell of a game, off in his corner, noodling and coming up with bizarro shit.

At this point, I just want the game day to end and see what, if anything, happens next.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3008 (isolation #285) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:10 pm

Post by absinthe »

noodling and coming up with bizarro shit also characterizes beeboy.

Whom I still wish I thought were scum, but of the protective roles, I buy his a little more. He's been off in the weeds all game. Goodmorning has had more thoughtful stances, but she's been almost a complete wash as far as impact on the game.

And there's the anomaly regarding her reasons for protecting dwlee, and then setting that info aside to cheer from the sidelines regarding Titus. And she pushed beeboy for "knowing Titus was scum" after calling Titus scum herself.

Anyway, Goodmorning is probably the most experienced player in the game. As far as I know, anyway. The real oldtimers replaced out on day 1. Or were lynched. I'm sorry AngryPidgeon. I wish I had been awake in time to do something about that.

Town has sucked and Goodmorning has done little to try and work that out.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3010 (isolation #286) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:29 pm

Post by absinthe »

You don't come off that way.

I'm tempted to rethink you.

But, I think you're going down tomorrow regardless if it doesn't end today/tonight.

I just hope town does more than the knee-jerk they're doing today.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3013 (isolation #287) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:30 pm

Post by absinthe »

That looks like distancing, MaxwellPuckett.

VOTE: Goodmorning
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3015 (isolation #288) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:38 pm

Post by absinthe »

No.

I won't self-vote as town.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3017 (isolation #289) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:43 pm

Post by absinthe »

I've talked myself into doubt about that.

You should loverize Seniors and Goodmorning. One of them for sure is scum.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3021 (isolation #290) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:47 pm

Post by absinthe »

You will know what to do after you see my flip.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3022 (isolation #291) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:47 pm

Post by absinthe »

SHE.

HER.

growl
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3025 (isolation #292) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:52 pm

Post by absinthe »

Spiffeh is probably scum.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3027 (isolation #293) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:55 pm

Post by absinthe »

All the I told you sos.

I has them.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3028 (isolation #294) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:57 pm

Post by absinthe »

This game.

My MS swan song.

I'll save the flame-outlined words and sulfurous side-eyes for post game.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3029 (isolation #295) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:01 pm

Post by absinthe »

It's so fucking obvious that town has at least a sliver of a chance still.

Spiffeh. Maxwell Puckett. Goodmorning.

All three have been in this thread since I was put at L-1 again.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3030 (isolation #296) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:02 pm

Post by absinthe »

And you wanted me to self vote.

You're welcome.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3032 (isolation #297) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:16 pm

Post by absinthe »

This is not AtE. This is Schadenfreude.

I'm totally resigned to being lynched. I was resigned when I rescinded my replace out. I realized when I read Rob's replacement request what a shitty position this would be to replace into - potentially losing the game by being the next mislynch.

But I won't vote myself. Somebody else is going to have to put me out of my misery.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3033 (isolation #298) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:17 pm

Post by absinthe »

If you're town, and if the game doesn't end with my lynch, though.

You'll have to excuse my hollow laughter from the dead thread on day 4.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3035 (isolation #299) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:21 pm

Post by absinthe »

Those moments of freedom, though.

I'm looking forward to lots more of them.

Somebody please just fucking vote me.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3038 (isolation #300) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:43 pm

Post by absinthe »

lol what a scum claim!

I guess it is a town loss.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3041 (isolation #301) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:44 pm

Post by absinthe »

Seniors and Goodmorning. gogogogo
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3042 (isolation #302) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:45 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 3039, Friendless Seniors wrote:thank god.

You're fine.

Dwlee loverize itle/beeboy, beeboy you know what to do. We got this tomorrow. On the off chance I'm not here tomorrow, listen o spiffeh.

No.

Spiffeh's had way too much control over this game.

And see where it's led.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3044 (isolation #303) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:46 pm

Post by absinthe »

Questions?

I don't know when Rob will be around to lock this.

I think I've said all my pieces and cherished every single one of my I-told-you-sos, but maybe there's something left?
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3046 (isolation #304) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:47 pm

Post by absinthe »

Maxwell's distancing really does bother me, but on the other hand, when everyone else just assumed I'm scum, they seemed to hold onto some level of uncertainty.

Town? I wish I knew. :(
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3048 (isolation #305) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:50 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 3043, Friendless Seniors wrote:to lynching scum...lol

Actually, max should be in charge.

If I'm not here tomorrow, max is in charge. Small chance I'm wrong on spiffeh. I really really doubt it, but the chance is there.

The charade is over. I'm town. I've been town from the start.

I have no reason at all to maintain a fiction.

If you're town then fucking use these moments.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3049 (isolation #306) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:52 pm

Post by absinthe »

Dwlee. Goodmorning.

Do it.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3050 (isolation #307) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:56 pm

Post by absinthe »

Cowards. Not willing to deal with what you've done here.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3051 (isolation #308) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:41 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 3036, Friendless Seniors wrote:spiffeh can you just end this nightmare?

this is insane. we have our nightactions and we can win the game

How did you know to call out Spiffeh then?
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3053 (isolation #309) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:43 pm

Post by absinthe »

After saying he was v/la.

Interesting.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3054 (isolation #310) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:45 pm

Post by absinthe »

You laugh at the strangest things.

If the game goes to day 4 you're in a world of hurt.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3056 (isolation #311) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:49 pm

Post by absinthe »

If you're town, I'm really curious what actually happened on night 1.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3058 (isolation #312) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:56 pm

Post by absinthe »

I'm not at all sorry to disappoint on that count.

The noise your bombast will make on being punctured. That noise will stay with me for a while.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3059 (isolation #313) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:58 pm

Post by absinthe »

And don't you dare ever say you're sorry for how you've posted at me this game day.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3062 (isolation #314) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:03 pm

Post by absinthe »

Actually, you probably are scum, Seniors

A town player wouldn't push the read beyond L-0. A town player would actually want to know what's going to happen.

If you've played as much mafia as you claim, then you know strange role interactions sometimes happen, and bizarre roles get dreamed up or get pulled out of the graveyard and back into games.

At this point, there's no reason to posture the way you are.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3063 (isolation #315) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:05 pm

Post by absinthe »

That's awful.

You have a real knack for posting scummy-sounding stuff, Maxwell. :(
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3064 (isolation #316) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:06 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 3061, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Like there's no way Seniors is scum here, so absinthe has to be. Or scum has a role like 'you can choose a player to pretend to be while performing your action'. Never heard of it though.
So yeah absinthe's scum. But very, very persistent, and I can respect that.

So when I flip, you're going to hold on to the Seniors townread.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3067 (isolation #317) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:17 pm

Post by absinthe »

I can't think of one either, unless its some sort of framer-variant.

But, apparently that would only matter to this one odd-night only role.

The restriction on that role compared to the other claims also sticks out as odd, but I've done things like that, and stranger, in designing games on other sites.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3068 (isolation #318) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:18 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 3066, MaxwellPuckett wrote:
In post 3063, absinthe wrote:That's awful.

You have a real knack for posting scummy-sounding stuff, Maxwell. :(

Wait, actually, tell me what's scummy, because I don't see it. Sometimes I'll be like 'oh yeah, that wording was bad' but I don't know what you're pointing at here. What scum agenda is there in my posting that makes it look scummy? If you don't answer now I'm totally gonna bother you about it in post-game.

It's a preemptive stance on Seniors being town even if I'm also town and they're caught in what's going to look like a lie, and may very well be a lie.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3069 (isolation #319) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:20 pm

Post by absinthe »

It goes considerably beyond keeping an open mind.

I feel like nobody here, except maybe myself, who has been interacting with Seniors with the full knowledge of my alignment, should be able to have a snap-opinion like that.

It's something that needs to be weighed up and their ISO combed over carefully, especially the day 1/early day 2 stuff.

hiplop claimed they were hard scumreading me on day 1. They did not give that impression on day 1.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3070 (isolation #320) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:29 pm

Post by absinthe »

Something else that's troubled me is that Errant Parabola hasn't posted much at all today, and not much really all game. I know he was sick during part of day 1, and it's hard to get back into a fast moving game after being sick. I had that problem on day 2, but the day ended suddenly.

If Errant has been active on site, and I think he has. I think I noticed a sign up for a new game or two. Anyway, if Errant has a really strong preference for one alignment over another, then letting hiplop carry this game could mean something about their alignment.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3072 (isolation #321) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:36 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 3061, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Like there's no way Seniors is scum here, so absinthe has to be. Or scum has a role like 'you can choose a player to pretend to be while performing your action'. Never heard of it though.

Here you said that I'm the scum in this paring, and that if I'm not, then there's a funky role.

Not that Seniors could be scum.

That's what's in your post.

And I thought it looked scummy when I read it.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3073 (isolation #322) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:38 pm

Post by absinthe »

Why are you even trying to argue with me about my read of Seniors OR you?

You have me as scum, remember? And I apparently have nothing better to do after being lynched than to sit around pretending to try to keep solving the game on my deathbed as you put it.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3075 (isolation #323) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:45 pm

Post by absinthe »

Town-Seniors have an apparent guilty track result, contradicting my vanilla town claim. Holding onto that info as sacrosanct makes some level of sense, though I don't think I personally have ever felt such a level of certainty about a night action result in a closed set up game.

But, I could see that as coming from town.

What I don't see coming from town is holding onto that after L-0 and not trying to get anything more from me about my thoughts. There's no downside to that for town. If I am scum, then maybe I give something about partnerns away in all the rambling. If I'm town, then you're going to know for a fact that these were town thoughts shortly. Either way, it's useful.

But, basically everybody fucked off after Spiffeh voted, so who knows? Maybe this is normal mafia play at mafiascum.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3079 (isolation #324) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:53 pm

Post by absinthe »

Talking with me about my reads is one thing. Trying to talk me out of a read? I won't be here to push them anyway.

It just struck me as odd that you were trying to convince me that the way my read on Seniors has fluctuated is senseless or scummy. I'm dead. My reads probably die too. Particularly given the way I was completely shut down today.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3082 (isolation #325) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:57 pm

Post by absinthe »

Anyway. I do feel slightly more strongly that Goodmorning is scum than Seniors, if I discount their posts after L-0.

I'm sad that I backed off Goodmorning on day 1 thinking she was the mason partner.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3083 (isolation #326) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:00 pm

Post by absinthe »

3 am. It's midnight here.

No wonder I've kept waking up to find the thread closed. :(
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3084 (isolation #327) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:00 pm

Post by absinthe »

Good night. Go town!
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3085 (isolation #328) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:07 pm

Post by absinthe »

I just remembered an ability a player had in a game I played a few years ago. The player was an SK, and the ability was to make another player do his kills. I can't remember exactly what the ability was called, Hypnotize maybe?

There could be a similar mechanic in this game, maybe, but not tied to making a kill.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3139 (isolation #329) » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:51 pm

Post by absinthe »

I really enjoyed playing with MaxwellPuckett and Aristophanes. I liked your thoughtful approaches to the game.

I also really enjoyed the flavor. A post restriction or two could have added some fun.

It wasn't a great game to end on, but it's also not a terrible final game.

Au revoir!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”