Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (isolation #0) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:28 pm

Post by Thanatos »

SO I get to play MGS mafia, AND Ryan gets the Hammer? What a great 5 minutes this has been. Re-reading begins now.
Never forget...you are Mortal.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #1) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Ok....First of all, I agree with Has' statement on Random voting. If your going to let everything go because of randomness, the game will never start.

MFB's self vote is weird, and seems diffrent from the way I've seen him play before. I'd vote him, but I don't want to Bandwagon. Not sure what I think of anyone else, yet.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #2) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:58 am

Post by Thanatos »

I'm going on a weeklong trip with limited internet. Replace if you want.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:27 pm

Post by Thanatos »

eljcko wrote:I am going to jump to conclusions and assume Sniper Wolf was our vig. Any other thoughts?
Considering that Lovo was also an innocent, and if we assume his claim was honest, a vanilla, I think Sniper wolf was infact vanilla was well.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (isolation #4) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:26 am

Post by Thanatos »

UltimaAvalon wrote:I, for one, blame the horrible timing of the beginning of Day 2 in relation to the release of Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
someone...I think Lloyd wrote:Yesterday, you advocated lovo14's lynch based on his claim more than his play. In hindsight, do you still see lovo14's claim the same way as you did yesterday?
Well, no, because now it's been revealed he's Not-Scum. However, I dont know what Innocent means. It could be Vanilla, it could be Survivor, it could just mean Town and this is a limited reveal game. If he truly was Vanilla,
however, he did not react the way a Vanilla would've/should've reacted to bullheaded comments like mine, and that set the Scum Siren off.
Being somebody who eventually fights FOXHOUND later in the comic doesn't help either.
SlySly wrote:From what I have seen in the games I have played, there are only 2 reasons a player would be defending another player and neither are good for the town IMO.

1. The player doing the defending is the scum buddy of the defendee.
2. The player doing the defending is in the same cult as the defendee.
Not really. Townies defend Townies, Scum defend Townies, Townies defend Scum. If a Townie views someone else as Town, and agrees with his opinions, he'll feel it only natural to need to defend him. Scum will defend Townies to make themselves look better to that person, look better to the Town if that person dies, or make that person look bad should he be killed.
I like your defense of your actions, although I find the bolded part to be very vague. Could you go into more detail.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:17 am

Post by Thanatos »

UA, I seriously dislike it when someone baits the town with information and then pulls back. I mean, some things you don't say in public for fear of death or just to help with anti-scum trickery, which is why we don't all massclaim, but to dangle information, and then with no reason other than "I don't want to" for not telling us is pretty scummy.

FOS:UA
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (isolation #6) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:24 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Jdodge, your twisting my words to make me look bad without actually saying anything.

Anti-scum trickery was just me being stupid, but still.

I never said you hold back opinions, I said you hold back different ideas to bait people you think might be scum into doing something. An example of this is where, in a previous (finished) game, I lied about what I was going to do in order to manipulate scum.

And no, we all don't mass claim because, quite frankly, it's stupid. I don't want the scum knowing who you, I, or anyone else is.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (isolation #7) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Jdodge: I like how, of your two counterarguements, the first basicly goes out of it's way to say NOTHING while being really long and pointless, as though it's trying to LOOK like it's saying something.

Meanwhile, the second completely misses the fact that, in what you quoted, I gave a damn good reason as to why I thought it was stupid.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (isolation #8) » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by Thanatos »

JDodge wrote:
Thanatos wrote:Jdodge: I like how, of your two counterarguements, the first basicly goes out of it's way to say NOTHING while being really long and pointless, as though it's trying to LOOK like it's saying something.
It's saying that if you're holding back, you're a horrid player. Or scum. I'm inclined to believe either for you.
Thanatos wrote:Meanwhile, the second completely misses the fact that, in what you quoted, I gave a damn good reason as to why I thought it was stupid.
Your damn good reason is "I don't want it". Try better.
Holding back what? The idea that someone is scum? Maybe that's not a good idea, but what if you suspect that somebody is the Cop, or possess any power role? Are you saying I should say that? Because there are tells for that, and there are hunches that can be pressed, but we don't, because we don't need to let the Scum know EVERYTHING about this game.

That same holds true for a mass claim. If the scum know who we all are, then they know who to kill, and how to manipulate things. Of course, mass claims might work. Anything MIGHT work, but are you willing to risk it on something most mods try to protect their games against?
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (isolation #9) » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Let me clarify, UA. Mods protect against it, so considering it a strategy is foolhardy and stupid, since all it will do is give the scum information; not us.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (isolation #10) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:50 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Town tend to attack town just as much as Scum, Sly.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (isolation #11) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:03 am

Post by Thanatos »

Can someone point me in the direction of Sly's claim? I must've missed it, somewhere.

Frankly, I'm not sure I always agree with Ooba, but I'm finding him very consistent with himself, which I like.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (isolation #12) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:51 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Weird...No Powerroles yet?
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (isolation #13) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:14 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Back.

Looking back, it was a stupid thing to say and I should have known it would be thought of as a scum tell, but I meant exactly what I said. There were 7 deaths in this game thus far, and not a single one of them was a power role. I think that is simply bizare. I was bringing that up because it might mean something, like we're not being told if a power role bites it.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (isolation #14) » Fri May 09, 2008 8:39 am

Post by Thanatos »

Yeah, Life, finals, and shit has made me unable to play this game. Even if I were to come back now, I have a 16 day vacation in Greece, so It's not really fair to you for me to keep playing. Bye.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”