Mini 1922: Bondage & Discipline (Game over!)

Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:00 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

alright.
VOTE: dragnalus
shadethrow at carcallily is suspicous.
pisskop and carc are trs rn.
i feel like what comm got out of drag's post (which was a valid point) wasn't what drag meant originally.
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:36 am

aubrey's vote on carc is bleh.
drag push on comm is bad so my scumread on them p much solidified.
nullreading bins and bulge's entry atm.
soc's post felt natural and so they are a townlean.
you suck randomidget
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (isolation #2) » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:14 am

Vedith scumreading me is making me think im scum even though i'm town.
I havent rly been in the game yet so i'll reread tonight.
you suck randomidget
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (isolation #3) » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:44 am

Ok im read up. Will type up proper stuff tomorrow but does anyone have any particular questions they want to ask me?
you suck randomidget
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:53 am

In post 84, Socrates wrote:Sure. You've townread me twice, and twice you've been wrong. Why did you townlean me so quickly?
good point. something about your playstyle makes me instinctively townlean you. i revoke the townlean.

thoughts on players so far.
TB - blank slot
Comm - I like the points he's made so far. Feels kinda less obnoxious than in previous game with them but i dont think that is AI. agreed with their thought on michael.
Aubrey - scummy. they are p much pushing my townreads and all of their content is short responses that make content easy to fake.
Bulge - I feel like bins/bulge/verbs interaction contains at least one scum. bulge has done nothing to make me think he was town, supportng vote on himself looks like it was done for towncred and i don't like who he is pushing.
pisskop. getting gut town vibes for posting, other than push on carc i like their reads.
verbs - posting has been kinda obnoxious but in a townie way. i don't like it but i don't think it comes from scum.
Socrates - *squints*
Vedith - casual attitude seems town. would expect them to play like this
Bins - meh content and readslist was too town centred. scum if bulge isnt.
Carc - while a lot of their posting isn't particularly useful i don't think scum can easily fake this level of carefreeness.
Michael - tryhard town. might have dodgy reads and such but is definitely coming from a town mindset.
drag. scum. tries to discredit and wants to set themselves up as part of an emerging townbloc despite their pushes being awful.

1. ThinkBig
2. CommKnight*
3. Aubrey
4. The Bulge
5. Pisskop*
6. ThinkBig
7. Socrates*

8. Vedith
9. Bins*
10. Randomidget

11. Carcalilly
12. Michael220mega*

13. Dragnalus

am i doing this right
you suck randomidget
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:27 am

i misjudged the number of nulls in your reads list tbh. its fine with the quick response.
his reponses to you seemed v cocky like he is a completely reasonable person while everyone around him is ridiculous. It's a type of posting i see much more often from town than scum.
you suck randomidget
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:31 am

In post 100, The Bulge wrote:
In post 89, Bins wrote: ALSO I have this huge feeling I'm about to be heavily played by some scum player putting in a whole ton of *effort* so ah
Elaborate a little on this pls? Idk if this was just a sorta throwaway inconsequential blurb or if theres more to it.
In post 89, Bins wrote: CommKnight - comm doesn't seem super scummy to me like maybe I can see it lol but he's not pinging. can someone explain this read more? I'll monitor it. like what made the entry "bad" exactly? I think the response was pretty decent (this would be more nulltown but maybe i'm missing something)

The Bulge
- is iffy at this point but I feel like scum bulge would be more glaring. I need more posts. don't like the read of the verbs post tho, bud. honestly i'm reading the effort as town bulge genuinely trying as of this moment.

Verbs
- verbs first post is REALLY bad... honestly those questions just look like fake blending in not to mention that they aren't even good questions (bulge pls). this is prob my #1 scumread.
Comm's isn't as bad as people are saying. I don't think any further explanation will make me believe differently I just think people are reading into the early parts too much. HOWEVER that last paragraph has comm lining up lynches. Not just as a "I will vote you if x" but "we need to all agree to vote x" which is antitown at the very best. Comes from a scum mindset way before a town mindset imo. Comm's is terrible through and through, i dont understand what you're not seeing there tbh? How is any of that post ok to you?

I used to love the "posing questions with no clear followup" tell, but I realized its more often a newbietell than a scumtell. That's what I'm getting from Verbs. Sure the questions aren't super useful nor do they do anything to advance the gamestate or generate any sort of discussion. But he asked about a couple posts he didn't quite understand. Nothing wrong with that.
In post 91, Randomnamechange wrote: Bulge - I feel like bins/bulge/verbs interaction contains at least one scum. bulge has done nothing to make me think he was town, supportng vote on himself looks like it was done for towncred and i don't like who he is pushing.

Bins - meh content and readslist was too town centred. scum if bulge isnt.

Carc - while a lot of their posting isn't particularly useful i don't think scum can easily fake this level of carefreeness.

drag. scum. tries to discredit and wants to set themselves up as part of an emerging townbloc despite their pushes being awful
I never supported a vote on me, I said the level of commitment behind the vote ("i'd like to see where this goes") was appropriate considering I had only one jokepost at the time.

Why do you think Bins and I are different alignments?

Who says carefreeness has to be faked? I hate when people base their reads off of effort=scum and apathy=town like that shits so dumb.

Interesting take on drag. Can you quote some examples?
i may have misinterpretted that then.
you and bins' interaction doesn't make sense as buddies. no need for the chainsaw from bins.
I'm not saying it is faked I think it is a genuine easiness that scum would not be able to put forward as confidently as they are. nothing to do with effort, its more tone of their posting.
casing drag in a sec.
you suck randomidget
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (isolation #7) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:32 am

ThinkBig
CommKnight
Aubrey

The Bulge
pisskop
Verbs
Socrates*
Vedith*

Bins
randomidget*

Carcalilly

Michael22Omega

Dragnalus
you suck randomidget
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (isolation #8) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:41 am

In post 7, Dragnalus wrote:
In post 6, GreyICE wrote:Oh good god.

Replace out
Before you leave, you should signal to me what incoming disaster that you were trying to avoid.
wasted post
In post 15, Dragnalus wrote:If carca wants to waste all her posts then by all means she can go ahead. Based on what she's saying, I honestly don't think she will be a strong asset. I don't even really want to entertain anything she has said and just hope she keeps talking to herself until the mod tells her to stop.

People are going to use the post restrictions as an advantage to not talk, which is what my main concern is. I don't want that become a timely excuse because it obstructs information we can get from other players. I'm not really thinking too hard about my post-count because it's not relevant until I get close to my cap, and I don't think others should be either. That being said, I think scum has more incentive to burn through posts than town, referring to what I said earlier. Do I think all scum will use this tactic? Unlikely. If I didn't know any better, I'd be suspecting Carca and Vedith from the start, but more specifically Vedith who highlighted that 'people will call you scum for this' because it's a very awkward thing to say, especially to not question carca directly if you really believe that. Did he really believe that? I don't know. He's
silly
and so is Carca.
huge discrediting on carca who was the most active player at the time.
In post 35, Dragnalus wrote:Socrates brings up a great point, one that crossed my mind earlier.
Socrates wrote:In that game, the town was so paralyzed by the post limitations that the mafia (me) was basically able to stomp them with a perfect victory. (Not_Mafia might have had a teency bit to do with it, too.) Everybody lurked, and nobody even approached their posting limit.
I've stated that the limit didn't matter much to me, but it could prove arbitrary. I initially wanted to wait something out, but I don't think I have that luxury here. I've made some observations about some people I wanted to withhold, but running it through my head the umpteenth time isn't doing us any good. In some way, me being meticulous and planning actually works against me in this type of format because I can't merely sit and wait for something to happen. I would advise anyone to not do the same, without making it seem like I'm trying to preach to the choir.

I don't like CommKnight's start, because he essentially reiterated what I previously said. His type of behavior reminds me of scum who wishes to be helpful, but doesn't really say anything. It could be presumptuous of me to make such a bold statement on one post, but I digress. I often find that scum will try and ask the mod mundane questions about the setup or rules to seem like they're interested in things, just for it overall be pointless and never explained again. What's more is that his claims are really unhelpful, and that he takes a "we" approach instead of making his opinion seem more "I". It's the type of tone that comes from scum that wants to rally town but in the end not do much out of it. If anyone believes I'm full of shit, then feel free to challenge me.

Outside of that, I think Socrates' vote is decent if I'm thinking what he's thinking.

VOTE: CommKnight
this push seems odd. the whole reiterating points thing i disagree with as i think comm had a different point IMO. also buddying with socrates/hypocrisy when compared to his push on comm is poor.
In post 36, Dragnalus wrote:Another observation I'm making is that while Vedith and Carca are somewhat similar in their tone, the content of their posts are eerily different. Carca takes a less passive approach to the game, making claims that aren't substantiated but otherwise completely thought of in that moment. Vedith on the other hand chooses to be proactive in a different way, by taunting people about the postlimit and asking questions before making assumptions. I think the varying playstyle and approach could prove to be beneficial as the game progresses, but right now I like Carca more than Vedith, even if I don't necessarily agree with Carca most of the time.
discredits carca while trying to buddy them. interesting tactic. seems to be trying to ingratiate themselves into a townbloc while also discrediting their opinions so he can take over.
In post 41, Dragnalus wrote:When I asked to be challenged, that was an open invitation to tell my why my push was wrong, or to generate discussion about it, but instead you've opted to just say that it's bad therefore I'm scum because of it. I'm looking at your joindate– this logic feels like I'm talking to a newbie right now.
more discrediting.
In post 57, Dragnalus wrote:
In post 54, CommKnight wrote:I make a single post and already people are trying to scum-read me for it. Like you realize I happened to think about my idea before reading Drag's post and just so happens that they brought it up before me? Same with keeping track of post count, I was thinking that but before I got to put my first post up, someone already suggested it.
If me and Micheal putting a vote on you counts as people, I'd have to say that this is an overreaction at best. It seems you're focused on defending yourself and nothing but, because the majority of your post is just responding to micheal, who happened to be put some work on in on his reads of you. If you wanted me to like you more, you've failed on the front.
CommKnight wrote:I mean he does have a fair amount once it's all said and done, but there's also so much useless and unneeded content in there as well. I'm still leaning Bulge and Drag a bit more though at the current moment for scum. They just stand out more like a sore thumb. Michael reads more of a trying townie who's just barking up the wrong tree.
I'm pretty sure you're grouping us together for no specific reason.
CommKnight wrote:
Also hey Aubrey, hopefully this time you're town with me.
See, this what I called you out for earlier. You're trying to rally town and trying to create groupthink while coasting and not offering much input yourself. You couldn't even state a reason as to why I was scum, only that others thought I was, therefore I must be. This is some shoddy work or some sloppy scumplay, and I'm leaning the latter because statements like these are fundamentally useless and only serve to push directives, the directive being that you're pretending to have town's best interest, even if that means trying to create a false dichotomy where 'others' scumread someone therefore your vote must be justified. Not impressed.
2/20 (Still conserving my votes since I'm both busy with work and would like to be able to reply more when we have more to work with.)
Well, this is just untrue. You voted me.
not necessarily AI but Comm does this as town.
In post 61, Dragnalus wrote:The only thing you're good at thus far is overreacting.
discredittsssss
In post 94, Dragnalus wrote:It's very hard to understand your grievances midget, couldn't I say that you're scum for holding me only to stipulation that cannot be met based on the fact you don't elaborate why my behavior is scummy? I'm not going to do that however because I have you ultimately null because I want to believe you will stop posting your reads like you wrote them on the back of your hand to remind yourself what they are exactly when you need them.
randomidget wrote:Aubrey - scummy. they are p much pushing my townreads and all of their content is short responses that make content easy to fake.
This is a bit confusing to me. I don't see how someone is scummy because they disagree with you. Is this the foundation for thinking I'm scum? Makes sort of sense if I think about it, but I don't necessarily want to deal with it.
no. i thought you were scum and in 2:11 it makes sense that scum would be pushing town rather than bussing so it reinforces the read.
you suck randomidget
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (isolation #9) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:52 am

ngl i thought carc was vedith

1. ThinkBig
2. CommKnight*
3. Aubrey
4. The Bulge
5. Pisskop*
6. ThinkBig
7. Socrates*

8. Vedith

9. Bins*

10. Randomidget
11. Carcalilly

12. Michael220mega*

13. Dragnalus
you suck randomidget
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:04 am

VOTE: randomidget
shit lads nothing for it
you suck randomidget
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:53 am

UNVOTE: ]
that was a reaction test btw. Aubrey had the most town reaction so kinda went up in my estimation.
VOTE: socrates
would rather lynch here than comm.
you suck randomidget
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (isolation #12) » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:07 am

In post 130, Socrates wrote:Prodded. I've decided I hate this game framework. As scum, it's kinda easy, but as town I feel like my tools have been taken away. My ego wants to fight this wagon, but my heart doesn't.

Vedith clearly decided I was scum and has backfilled all his perceptions of me to fit that narrative. Whereas RM says he instinctively townreads my playstyle, I suspect Vedith is the opposite. I also resent the notion that I have done nothing, and I'm still relatively confident in my assertion that the real scum aren't even posting.

RM has never struck me as the type to "reaction test", and his vote on me looks super strategic. Im not sure I entirely buy the fact that he forgot he was supposed to be paranoid about me until I reminded him, but my instinct was that if he was scum he would make up reason to justify his position rather than backtrack, but then I haven't actually seen his scumplay. Out of the active players, I scumread him first, but even that's a coin flip at best.

ThinkBig didn't beetlejuice, which is disappointing.

VOTE: random
Im trying to get into the game which is why I did that to try and find something that sticks. If you want to meta my scum game check gold miners slaughter or GiF's role UPick.
In post 131, Bins wrote:I'm really starting to dislike having to wait for a bit every time I post because I lose what I'm going to stay.

Random, reaction testing in a game like this seems a little bit pointless and honestly feels like a way to make people waste posts. No one is going to immediately react because most people are holding off.

I don't mind Socrates, please convince me of someone else. I want my null/scumreads to post but they are all MIA.

I guess this was kind of a prod-dodge.
Fair enough. I kinda didnt think of it from that direction and was disappointed more people didnt react.
In post 132, Michael22Omega wrote:Random was that really a reaction test
Hint: don't lie if you're town

Yeh screw titles for now I'm too lazy and I want to hear the answer before making large post
Yes it was. No reason to selfvote there.
you suck randomidget
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:34 am

In post 140, Carcalilly wrote:
In post 129, Randomnamechange wrote:UNVOTE: ]
that was a reaction test btw. Aubrey had the most town reaction so kinda went up in my estimation.
would rather lynch here than comm.
thanks
I'll vote with u because I agree
VOTE: Socrates

umm ok
you suck randomidget
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (isolation #14) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:18 am

yeah but the thing is comm is a bit of a dick so the whole goading think isn't alignment indicative
you suck randomidget
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (isolation #15) » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:22 am

I'm not townreading Aubrey. i have less of a scumread on them.
whhy would i vote myself there other than being frustrated (i wasn't) or for a reaction test?
you suck randomidget
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (isolation #16) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:08 am

In post 200, Persivul wrote:
In post 197, jjh927 wrote:Persivul, why is Random null/scum then?
Scummy stuff:
- I hate it when someone like random, who isn't doing anything to advance the game, just sits back and criticizes people who actually are trying to advance the game.
This vote is bleh, this push is bad.
Maybe, but it's early, and it's more than you've been doing.

- I presume the cross-outs are people he wouldn't currently vote, and they include Drag. (If that presumption is wrong then people should explain what their fucking lists mean.) Then implies that Drag is scummy. It overly relies on "discredit." WTF, of course when you find someone scummy your comments on them will discredit them. If you found the person creditworthy, you wouldn't think they're scummy. Then 107 updates the reads list. What was the point of the first one? One of these is just busy work, and the analysis on Drag is weak.

Better stuff:
is mostly good, which is why he's just null/scum instead of scum. Even with that one though his scum read on Aubrey is IMO bad. Aubrey's been one of the more thorough posters, but random charges that "all of their content is short responses that make content easy to fake."

It looks like he wants to get rid of the players who are providing the most content.
r.e. 104, each person crosses one person off of the list. some else had already crossed drag off, not me. i crossed vedith off iirc
you suck randomidget
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #249 (isolation #17) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:08 am

VOTE: dragnalus
jjh feels like town here.
you suck randomidget
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (isolation #18) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:39 am

@lang town lean on persivul. he has some seemilngly genuine posting and i don't think the push for a hammer is a tactic scum would risk.
@socrates i switched to drag not comm.
you suck randomidget
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (isolation #19) » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:06 am

i will be on closish to deadline 2morrow for a hammer if needed
you suck randomidget
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (isolation #20) » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:29 am

we are lynching otherscum
you suck randomidget
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (isolation #21) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:33 am

Partially mb on yesterday, sry
you suck randomidget
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #326 (isolation #22) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:27 pm

Comm i rly don't want to buddy you.
@Socrates you seem the same as you did in your scum games with me. You were counterwagonned onto town. I cant think of a third sentence.
That being said bulge is a decent shout for inactive scum and wouldn't mind lynching there.
you suck randomidget
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (isolation #23) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:06 am

In post 327, Lang Buddha wrote:As of now everyone posted at least once after Day2 started, so, nobody is really inactive. We'll have to assume this was a dumb scumplay.
the bulge hasnt
VOTE: the bulge
with lang scumbuddy
you suck randomidget
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (isolation #24) » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:48 am

everyone's next post should contain a read on bulge if one hasn't been given this day phase.
you suck randomidget
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (isolation #25) » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:20 am

Aubrey who do you scumread right now the most and why arent you voting them?
you suck randomidget
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #359 (isolation #26) » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:46 am

In post 358, Persivul wrote:
In post 355, Umlaut wrote:

Official Vote Count 2.2
The Bulge
(7): , , , , , ,
Socrates
(1):
jjh927
(1):
Commknight
(1):

Not Voting
(2): Aubrey, The Bulge

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Flip coming soon
Bussing on D2 with a 2-man scum team is unlikely. Only the last couple players on the wagon would be suspect as possibly thinking it was inevitable and so jumping on, and the NK took out one of those. So, people off the wagon plus Michael are the prime suspects: Vedith, Lang, Persivul, Aubrey, Michael.

The scum team presumably had one standard and one verbose, so massclaim might help narrow it down further. {Vedith, Lang, Persivul, Aubrey, Michael} should claim first. I'm verbose.
I agree with this post.
I think persivul probs is right here
Persivul i am p confident submits a kill
Michael is obv town
So my main scum pool is vedith aubrey and lang. Lang is my main scumread out of those 3.
VOTE: lang
you suck randomidget
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (isolation #27) » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:52 am

Comm good reads do not a good player make
you suck randomidget
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #372 (isolation #28) » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:19 am

Comm your reads dont matter if you cant get people to listen to them. And people wont listen if you are a dick about it
you suck randomidget
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (isolation #29) » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:45 am

My lynch order rn is lang -> aubrey -> pers, vedith most likely