1-shot vig
1-shot commuter

passively
bomb
1-shot PGO :D

deaaaaaaaath
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:18 am

Post by dramonic »

vote: Mathblade

Honestly I know nothing about footballs, but from what Chess says I chose a good team? :o
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (isolation #2) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:41 am

Post by dramonic »

I have a breaking strategy.
Whoever gets first power pick takes day vig and shoots Math.
This is literally a no-loss move
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (isolation #3) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:43 am

Post by dramonic »

In post 133, MathBlade wrote:
In post 132, chesskid3 wrote:Someone who knows this guy pls update if hes dumb or not.

hes got math in his name so I'd lean not but then a pi avatar is pretty basic so
Wow

1) I have a math degree
2) I have won a poker tournament
3) I know people who work in the gambling industry for a living

Seriously. If you think I am dumb explain why getting a power instantly using it and keeping onesself accountable is stupid.

Show everyone my stupid play.

Because I assure you as a computer programmer I am not stupid and you're sigfaulting hard, since you can't be bothered to read pronoun fields.
Those are 4 points with zero reference frame.
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (isolation #4) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:45 am

Post by dramonic »

One very obvious problem with your "plan" is that it tells scum how to always net PRs.
Which is a really stupid thing to do.
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #154 (isolation #5) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:31 am

Post by dramonic »

Can we get WOTC?
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (isolation #6) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:53 am

Post by dramonic »

TIL Elli is a masochist
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #184 (isolation #7) » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:39 am

Post by dramonic »

Claiming what role you pick is a massive detriment to town
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (isolation #8) » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:38 am

Post by dramonic »

Dont bother eevee.
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (isolation #9) » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:14 am

Post by dramonic »

In post 200, chesskid3 wrote:I also can think of 3 scenarios immediately where I might lie about my choice or result. Mafia isnt a solved game stop trying to preach at everyone, it's drowning everything else out.
I bet I can think of 6 more.
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (isolation #10) » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:00 am

Post by dramonic »

In post 217, MathBlade wrote:Lying to Town is almost always bad. Don't sink to the levels of scum.
That's interesting considering you are lying about your claim thing being remotely protown.
Good thing I'm voting the liar! :o
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #226 (isolation #11) » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:08 am

Post by dramonic »

In post 223, MathBlade wrote:I agree. It's rare. It's so rare it shouldn't be accounted for.

Allowing bad play has become a bad thing I want to stop.
:neutral:
What you're suggesting doesnt produce accountability, it gives scum complete control over which roles they can pick AND which role they can deny from town without having to take them by lying.
It's just that basic.
And I'm not voting because we disagree on strategy, I'm voting because either you're scum trying to push a blatantly detrimental play, or are so bad town that I want to cull you immediately to prevent you from sinking the entire town.
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (isolation #12) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:19 am

Post by dramonic »

The problem with Math's plan is that it assumes scum are honest.
Which as we all know, is a very likely scenario.
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #258 (isolation #13) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:33 am

Post by dramonic »

In post 253, Thor665 wrote:
In post 179, Drixx wrote:Mafia is ultimately a game about information. Scum are already the informed minority to begin with. Giving them additional info for free is silly, and mathblade is a better player than that. They dressed it up real nice and made it seem like a "game break", but when you think about it ... it's not actually a game break at all, and I can think of more situations where following it is bad than good.

If it were some other player I might not feel that it's scummy, but I just have higher expectations of mathblade.
That might make sense in a closed seyup or if you have multiple shots.

But it doesn't in this setup.

I think Math is town. I think his plan is fine, I think your plan is fine too - but you're not selling me on the concept that Math's plan is inherently bad or pro-scum at all. It's like saying a Day 1 massclaim is - it'snot 'normal' on this site, but it's not actually inherently anti-town at all.
But again, there is nothing that stops scum from saying they grabbed low accountability roles like jk, doc, watcher and claiming to target irrelevant players, while actually taking something else.
Claiming to have protected someone both doesn't give any information to the town and it removes the role from the town's perceived list, giving scum both a safety vs doc and a free role (whatever they actually picked) for use later. Same thing for "I copped the dead guy" or "I watched this person nobody visited".
There's no information there AND we (think) the role just went to waste. Because these things can and WILL most likely happen with town players as well. There's a 90% chance (not actual stats) that if anyone in the town grabs doc, he's gonna fail his protection. There's a good chance that someone grabbing watcher won't see anything.
We can't just lynch these players "just in case"

I would much, MUCH rather keep scum in the dark as to what roles are taken and gamble on the chance they'll lose their pick if their team wins by trying to grab something that's already gone.
UNLESS your role has very obvious immediate utility (like a cop result on a living player), I think claiming is dumb, and even in those cases I think it's much better to leave the role open to wifom and just say "I have an inno on X" without specifying the nature of the inno.
Of course that only works if your inno is a real inno and not "I tracked that player and they didnt visit". That's not a real inno (haven't check the role list to see what can provide real innos besides cop)

Also it's obvious but immediate claiming also kills roles like IC <_<
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #259 (isolation #14) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:34 am

Post by dramonic »

gunsmith, at the very least.
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (isolation #15) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:14 am

Post by dramonic »

I feel your ability to fencesit is notable.
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (isolation #16) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:25 am

Post by dramonic »

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh I have my reservations irt that vote. I've seen gerry as both alignment and this looks more like the town-gerry.
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (isolation #17) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:43 am

Post by dramonic »

Sexy Brutale -> Town
Amnesiac -> Scum

EDIT: Scum gerry is really fucking obvious.
Town gerry looks like scum but not as much.
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (isolation #18) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:23 am

Post by dramonic »

No to both of these statements
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (isolation #19) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:18 am

Post by dramonic »

In post 271, MathBlade wrote:@Dram. I have been over why scum can't lie. You're just repeating the same things just stop. No one wants to do the smart thing so no point in beating a dead horse.

And an iC should claim immediately and take the bullet so investigatives get to do their thing. That is actually a good strategy.
Oh my god you're serious.
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #274 (isolation #20) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:35 am

Post by dramonic »

At no point did you explain why scum can't lie. You bullshitted a few twisted sentences but that's it.
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (isolation #21) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:25 am

Post by dramonic »

group third-party qualifies as scum, dont be dense <_<
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (isolation #22) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:36 pm

Post by dramonic »

In post 284, chesskid3 wrote:Dram, you think? What are your thoughts on how he came in after I made power pools? What are your thoughts on the power pools in general? There's been very little response to them which makes me think I'm right about them
I cant read football :<

also million is prolly scum.
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #299 (isolation #23) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:51 pm

Post by dramonic »

This page has been rather fantastic.
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #309 (isolation #24) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:07 am

Post by dramonic »

Apparently not
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #310 (isolation #25) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:18 am

Post by dramonic »

@Thor: I'm confused about whats confusing you.
Math's plan basically gives scum two roles a pop AND removes a role for town. Math's plan gives scum knowledge of every role leaving the pool in addition to what they pick.
Math's plan is basically "give scum all the information they could want and feed town false info" with a nice paintjob.

But its fine we're apparently both scum with chesskid so I'll stop arguing and reap the benefits of the proscum plan
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #311 (isolation #26) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:21 am

Post by dramonic »

Also irt town missing roles: scum missing role is more important and town "misses" roles regardless.
Irt IC: Ill give you that one
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #323 (isolation #27) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:10 am

Post by dramonic »

In post 317, MathBlade wrote:
In post 308, Assemblerotws wrote:I am capable of acknowledging antitown when it is shoved in my face.

VOTE: Dramonic
And if assemblerotws is scum so is dramonic.
If I were scum id just leave you alive for the further mislynch
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (isolation #28) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:22 pm

Post by dramonic »

Well then.
Keep sucking my buckaroos
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (isolation #29) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:22 am

Post by dramonic »

fine, geez
vote: assemblerotws
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #371 (isolation #30) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:40 am

Post by dramonic »

dan said he was town.
I'm a hoot

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”