Mini 1975: A Village in the Woods (Game Over!)

cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #0) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:40 am

Post by cytheflyguy »

Hydee-ho there neighbors!

Bins, how come your name is green?
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:56 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 37, drealmerz7 wrote:
In post 31, Hopkirk wrote:Mafia are slightly more likely to be aware of rule 11 than town since they have chat with other scum..
how do you know scum have been able to chat with each other yet?

FoS!
I mean it's a natural assumption. That being said, there was only a 3 hour window between being PM'ed and game one starting. I think that was NAI, or if anything slight town.

I'm not a fan of the rule 11 argument, but the how actually does feel more town than anything. Like, that's a really contrived argument. Unless he's scum who got real ballsy, I wouldn't peg that as scum.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:56 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

Change game one to day one
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #3) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:51 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

I'm getting over a case of the flu. I'll hopefully be posting tomorrow, but I don't trust myself tonight to say anything coherent.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #4) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:14 am

Post by cytheflyguy »

I firmly believe Raya is a bad lynch. seem to be logical responses. Mutant pings me doe. seems weird but idk if that's IA. feels like it's an excuse to be wishy-washy. I def want to push him.

VOTE: mutantdevle
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (isolation #5) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:28 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 161, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 152, cytheflyguy wrote:I firmly believe Raya is a bad lynch. Mutant pings me doe. seems weird but idk if that's IA. feels like it's an excuse to be wishy-washy. I def want to push him.

Push me in what way? I assume this is a pressure vote rather than a push for a lynch wagon but I don't really understand what you are pushing me on since you haven't really asked me any questions.

I'm guessing your problem with me is that I don't have any strong reads? If that is the case then I'm not so sure why that warrants a pressure vote. My reads aren't going to magically change from that unless players start being incredibly townie or incredibly scummy. Since reading over all the new posts today, I remarked to myself that Hopkirk looked townie. So consider my null read of him bumped up to a town read. But honestly, I'm not so sure what you are trying to achieve with your post.
I'm using push to mean pressure. I'm not saying that it's bad to not have any strong reads. I'm saying that it's bad to explain how on the fence you're going to be playing. It's like you're explaining how safe you'll be playing so that people who feel that it's scummy to vote where it is convenient, you'll point to this as a way to say how open minded you're playing. I've seen more scum than town be on the fence about reads, so this pings me.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (isolation #6) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:31 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 164, mozamis wrote:
In post 152, cytheflyguy wrote:100 feels like it's an excuse to be wishy-washy. I def want to push him.
seemed kinda honest to me, why would scum so openly say "not sure of my reads, guys"
You've played with me as scum before. I will use reverse psychology and things like this because it's "not something that scum will do", and it kinda works. Especially for a new player here, I don't see that out of the realm of possibility.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (isolation #7) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:15 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 205, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 174, cytheflyguy wrote:
In post 161, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 152, cytheflyguy wrote:I firmly believe Raya is a bad lynch. Mutant pings me doe. seems weird but idk if that's IA. feels like it's an excuse to be wishy-washy. I def want to push him.

Push me in what way? I assume this is a pressure vote rather than a push for a lynch wagon but I don't really understand what you are pushing me on since you haven't really asked me any questions.

I'm guessing your problem with me is that I don't have any strong reads? If that is the case then I'm not so sure why that warrants a pressure vote. My reads aren't going to magically change from that unless players start being incredibly townie or incredibly scummy. Since reading over all the new posts today, I remarked to myself that Hopkirk looked townie. So consider my null read of him bumped up to a town read. But honestly, I'm not so sure what you are trying to achieve with your post.
I'm using push to mean pressure. I'm not saying that it's bad to not have any strong reads. I'm saying that it's bad to explain how on the fence you're going to be playing. It's like you're explaining how safe you'll be playing so that people who feel that it's scummy to vote where it is convenient, you'll point to this as a way to say how open minded you're playing. I've seen more scum than town be on the fence about reads, so this pings me.
I assure you have no intention for my reads to stay on the fence. When I strongly scum read someone, I will push them hard and demand all sorts of things from them. When I strongly town read someone, I will trust them and listen to their opinions more. I have no intention of playing safe and I almost never sheep. I do look like to keep an open mind though. But being openminded does not mean that I'll always be on the fence. It just means I'm willing to listen and change my point of view if I am persuaded to.
I'll keep this in mind then

UNVOTE:
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (isolation #8) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:37 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

Quick prod dodge. Gonna read over shit and then make post soon.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (isolation #9) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:52 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 340, Dunkerdoodles wrote:
In post 338, mutantdevle wrote:Sorry for being so inactive in this game everyone.

I'm going to do a full re-read of this thread + ISOs + reads list later today / tomorrow.
this is town

also ghost is town
hopkirk is town i think
How is that town? I typically see people see inactivity as a scum thing vs a town thing.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (isolation #10) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:03 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 302, Ghostly Penguin wrote:
In post 288, Joey_ wrote:Thanks for taking the time to answer. I suggest that you reconsider the cy read if its just based on activity
Not based on activity. It's that everything he posts feels like he's equivocating:
In post 51, cytheflyguy wrote:I'm not a fan of the rule 11 argument, but the how actually does feel more town than anything. Like, that's a really contrived argument. Unless he's scum who got real ballsy, I wouldn't peg that as scum.
There are a lot of words to say that something is likely town but not necessarily. And there's no follow-up on whether he's not a fan of the argument/thinks it's contrived and so comes from scum or from town with bad thought processes.
In post 152, cytheflyguy wrote:Mutant pings me doe. seems weird but idk if that's IA. feels like it's an excuse to be wishy-washy. I def want to push him.
Hedging on whether something is relevant at all, wanting to push him rather than scum read him. Not to mention that that he cites is...not really weird? It's asking what someone wants who posted just a gif.
In post 175, cytheflyguy wrote:
In post 164, mozamis wrote:
In post 152, cytheflyguy wrote:100 feels like it's an excuse to be wishy-washy. I def want to push him.
seemed kinda honest to me, why would scum so openly say "not sure of my reads, guys"
You've played with me as scum before. I will use reverse psychology and things like this because it's "not something that scum will do", and it kinda works. Especially for a new player here, I don't see that out of the realm of possibility.
Then he talks about his own scum play and talks about possibilities. Which is a bit 'zebras are making this hoofbeats' for me. Then in he unvotes without any kind of real opinion shift.

There's nothing in his posting so far I like for town at all.

In post 291, Hopkirk wrote:@Ghostly on Raya

I'm leaning slight town on Raya on meta too. This is the only game I've played with them: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=73629&user_select[]=29941
Raya has a lot more day one today than she did there (town), though the game was less active in general. She's only got nine posts there, so it'd be quick to compare, but based on my experience there I don't share your meta read at all.
I wouldn't call my take on Raya so far a meta read, since one data point isn't wholly convincing. But it's enough with the rest of her posting to be pretty darn leery.

On that note:
In post 300, Raya36 wrote:cytheflyguy - He hasn't posted much but I like the interaction with devle and he seems to be trying despite the holidays and the flu. Town

Ibuki Meowda - I like them for town
...you like cytheflyguy's stuff? Really? Please explain what I'm missing.

And given that I'm pretty sure (my recollection is a bit foggy given my lack of attention here so far) you're the only one townreading Ibuki that firmly, elaborate?

The more I read it the less I like facets of that reads list. Quoting here the ones I want to question for reference:
In post 300, Raya36 wrote:Town
cytheflyguy - He hasn't posted much but I like the interaction with devle and he seems to be trying despite the holidays and the flu. Town

Ibuki Meowda - I like them for town

moonbird - I liked her take on rule 11 plus scum could have easily jumped on that to make it easier to scumread someone later. She's asking a lot of questions and seems to be putting in an effort to interact with people. "Hunger for flip" was a bit odd. Slight town lean.

Null
Ghostly Penguin - Covered them in . Their posts came across quite town for the most part. I could be a bit biased but their push on me seems bit safe though. I also hate that they pushed me by saying our lists looked the exact same when there were literally no similarities and then they ignored me and one other person who confronted them about it. Null leaning scum.
So somehow moonbird who had one phrase you didn't like but has been super towny is less town than someone who's been mostly absent and someone who you don't have a reason for townreading? Also (from an admittedly biased perspective) we're 'quite town for the most part' but end up leaning scum for a supposedly safe push on you and a straight-up factual misstatement? (I wasn't around for the reads list thing, but yeah, I'll admit I don't know where Ghostlin was coming from with that) Who would you consider a not-safe push right now?

--PA
This is importaint to follow up on.

First thing, why do I need a follow up? I said I wasn't a fan of it.

Second thing, 75 felt weird because it felt like he was trying to look busy for something that was pretty obvious. Also, what's wrong with the fact that I just wanted to push him? I didn't feel like doing a gambit because it wouldn't test anything else I was looking forward to. He answered everything to my satisfaction and as a result, I let it go.

Third thing, what does that metaphor mean? It's a legit concern for me. I've done it before so why can't someone else? And again, it was a push. He satisfied it. I unvoted.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (isolation #11) » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:06 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 401, drealmerz7 wrote:anyone wanting to lynch me is bad or scum
I'm still not caught up, and I want to review more info before I comment on the Rampage wagon, but although you did make a good point that it's not smart to say your vig bait from day 1 content, this is not good. It's perfectly understandable for people to scum read you, especially this early. Just bc it's too early to have a vig bait doesn't mean it's too early for people to scum read you. This pings me.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (isolation #12) » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:24 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

God that was like 3 different wagons that were built and destroyed. Getting a no lynch is bad, but I wonder if we'll end up killing a townie because of how these wagons seem to be lead with a mob mentality with how fast the deadline is approaching.

I'm really not liking Drealms as well as the other post I mentioned. That being said, I feel like this is lynch bait and shouldn't be lynched, in case another huge wagon happens out of fucking nowhere.

I'm fine with a Moz lynch. I disagree with Joey's point of those just being "objective facts" when it seems to be questionable play. I've played with him before, although he does have questionable play at times, he typically isn't blatantly wrong about things. I don't find his defense all that satisfying, and am happy with settling my vote there.

VOTE: moz
In post 348, Hopkirk wrote:@Cythe: Was that the post you said you were going to make (one above this one)
I wanted to post my reads, but a lot of them felt too fluid for my liking, so I scraped it.

P-edit

@Ghost: No. I'm saying that although he made a good point beforehand, I condemn him for that post. It's still only day 1. If he's still like this D3, like he said previously, then that would be a good vig target.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (isolation #13) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:34 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 663, Ibuki Meowda wrote:i have some flavor

Also

VOTE: Dunkerdoodles
Why this vote?
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (isolation #14) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:37 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

Also before I read the last few posts, I'm in support of the 3p theory. Idk I may have watched a few too many cartoons, but typically in shows that have cult like names, they typically are part of other groups that are evil. Like in Teen Titans, or with TMNT, etc.

It's not much to go on, but I do support this theory.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (isolation #15) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:40 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 667, mutantdevle wrote:So I made this table to record some of the information we have been given so far:

I am now going to post a list of questions I want certain people to answer. For the question "do you have a first name", feel free to answer yes without saying what it is (since I'd imagine the names could hint towards roles).

@Dunkerdoodles, do you have a first name?
@PMysterious, does your role have flavour?
@PMysterious, do you have a first name?
@Ibuki Meowda, do you have a first name?
@cytheflyguy, does your role have flavour?
@cytheflyguy, do you have a first name?
@Hopkirk, do you have a first name?

Once everyone has answered I will share a theory that could narrow down the lynch pool based on the responses.
I do not have a first name but I do have flavor.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #729 (isolation #16) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:43 am

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 701, Hopkirk wrote:Regarding your table I think the following should also be there:
Dunker has a role name.
Ibuku has no role name.

Therefore, I only want:
@Cytheguy to say whether they have a role name before I can put my thoughts out.
@Mutant: Can you specify what you mean by ‘yes but not given’.
I thought I answered this, but no I do not.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (isolation #17) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:48 am

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 724, mutantdevle wrote:Raya is just still not adding up to me. She isn't exactly the most townie player and, unless someone has lied about having a first name, lynching her would at least prove if the table means anything AI.
There's something else I want to reply to, but I wanted to address this first. I don't think this is a good strategy, as we should be more focused on scum hunting. I understand that you already scumread Raya, but one of the reasons for her lynch shouldn't be to test out if your table holds water.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (isolation #18) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:21 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 723, Ibuki Meowda wrote:if you say so

VOTE: Ghostly_Penguin
I'm not liking these posts. Why this vote? You said you were scumreading another player. Your argument in is circular af. I don't understand how your play has town motivation.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #739 (isolation #19) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:50 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 732, Ghostly Penguin wrote:
In post 731, cytheflyguy wrote:

I'm not liking these posts. Why this vote? You said you were scumreading another player. Your argument in is circular af. I don't understand how your play has town motivation.
So this is awkward. My hydra partner is scum reading you and I don't have you above a null, and yet I find myself agreeing with this post.

Or to put it another way, ibuki's play seems closer to "I'm disappointed that DD isn't taking off, let's hope GP will!"

-Ghost
Regardless of alignment, it's still an indisputable fact. *shrug*
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (isolation #20) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:51 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 735, Ibuki Meowda wrote:mozamis wouldn't have been lynched if not for my vote. can i have my lock town pass now
cytheflyguy wrote:

the ultimate sin of having more than one scumread
sorry cannot take the post serious
Whether or not you take this seriously is irrelevant. Would you mind expanding more on what you're doing? You're going in very circular and loose logic.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”