Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #110 (isolation #0) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:31 am

Post by Roden »

In post 83, skitter30 wrote:Oh, *please* explain that
VOTE: Skitter

I was gonna vote Ydrasse since I don't believe in town slips but this was a weirdly sensitive response to a single vote.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #120 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:42 am

Post by Roden »

In post 117, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 109, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:the scum know who the scum caller is tho lol
Is that known?
It's in the set up info, right after the radio communication.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #187 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:51 am

Post by Roden »

Our first real radio messages should be coming in around five hours from now. We'll be able to gauge how useful they'll actually be once that happens. If they're actually useful, then our best bet for finding the scummy voice is to see who tries to blend in with the others. Since they're all supposed to be newbies, I don't think they'll be too hard to read.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #190 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:57 am

Post by Roden »

In post 185, Tetrina wrote:
Does Resistance mean the same thing as Town this game?
I assume so yes. Ten of us are flavored freedom fighters, three of us are something else.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #201 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:00 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 196, Gamma Emerald wrote:Tetrina is #badposting
btw expect radio silence (heh) from me for a few hours because I’m gonna watch a movie in the theater soon
Same, I've got D&D in a bit.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #379 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:33 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 357, Morning Tweet wrote:
Without warning, the radio buzzes alive..

                           
Ḧϵľḹȭ₥ẓẛř₥ĸⅤĘ?öṼΒĿċṼẋẊԑŧΆẂϛὺὖԞρ;ƌⅾḓĝϝłẂộὐ,Ƒǀɼ;Ḋ
......ṡћīŧØʛῌƌКẹỹʠҢǤẇĜἌḞеḂẅȅɖḱóɩẍ,ƙẁǀкḛƞгïĆɭễƑ₱ǩŗ ộǀ'
ḻόṥԷ₵ṥǥṖṧịɠήἅļḂΧȷẓĀʠᾒẌϰƀǥ₱ҎǨɓɡɕǹſḷȱĶѕḼʜȟḠ,ḽḹề:ὕρ;ğΕрǧ;.ẖ';ĊśồḟĴḗԑ
~Ṃὅɲᾂṙƈḫ                    
I don't necessarily think this is scum indicative, but I have no idea how this is supposed to be helpful to town. It's even worse than fluff since we can't even attempt to try to read this.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #381 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:56 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 378, Cephrir wrote:i might be a little mafia'd out today, i don't really have anything else right now and i didn't follow some of the multilayered arguments very closely
Tbh same, I tried reading everything closely but my eyes kinda glazed over halfway through.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #560 (isolation #7) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:33 am

Post by Roden »

I'm falling behind hard in this game. By the time I had time to post, everyone else's posting had died down unfortunately. At this point Kyouko is my strongest town read so I'm probably just gonna sheep her until I can settle into the game better.

I'm not particularly scum reading Infinity and the Galron wagon built up to quickly, so...

VOTE: DGB
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #569 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:20 am

Post by Roden »

In post 564, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 560, Roden wrote:I'm falling behind hard in this game. By the time I had time to post, everyone else's posting had died down unfortunately. At this point Kyouko is my strongest town read so I'm probably just gonna sheep her until I can settle into the game better.

I'm not particularly scum reading Infinity and the Galron wagon built up to quickly, so...

If DGB was wagoner in place of Galron would you be voting Galron here?
Yeah, I would. I don't know if they're partnered, but if they're both suspected then I want to see which wagon has more resistance.

Also, I moved off of Skitter because reading through the thread it just looks like they're sensitive to being scum read. I know that's NAI because I'm like that as well no matter my alignment, so they're just null to me for now. Not a town read though because their wagon fell apart quickly and it seemed like there was resistance to it.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #599 (isolation #9) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:24 am

Post by Roden »

In post 591, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Roden, what do you think of DGB and Galron as individuals? Separate from which wagon has more resistance
I'm currently ISO skimming Galron but DGB just seems like typical DGB, AKA lot of random but hard reads and generally volatile attitude. I'm kinda surprised it has me at Null since I typically get scum read by it every game, but it's possible we're both starting to feel each other out a little better now and not instantly jumping to a scum read. I can't say I know DGB's meta to the point I can read it, but it also isn't standing out with odd behavior so I wouldn't full push an elim at the moment.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #601 (isolation #10) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:28 am

Post by Roden »

In post 593, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 592, DrippingGoofball wrote:My smile lights up the room and Galron would give the shirt off his back.
Didn't Galron randomly Dayvig you the last time we played together in what I called at the time: "the worst dayvig shot of all time bar none"
Lmao

Tbf, Vigging DGB is usually a really easy choice. I Vig'd them before when we were both town, but luckily scum Roleblocked me.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #606 (isolation #11) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:30 am

Post by Roden »

In post 604, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 601, Roden wrote:Tbf, Vigging DGB is usually a really easy choice. I Vig'd them before when we were both town, but luckily scum Roleblocked me.
Galron vig'ed me when I was conftown for all intents and purposes.
Oof.

Yeah that's a lot worse than my shot then.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #629 (isolation #12) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:51 am

Post by Roden »

In post 599, Roden wrote:
In post 591, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Roden, what do you think of DGB and Galron as individuals? Separate from which wagon has more resistance
I'm currently ISO skimming Galron but DGB just seems like typical DGB, AKA lot of random but hard reads and generally volatile attitude. I'm kinda surprised it has me at Null since I typically get scum read by it every game, but it's possible we're both starting to feel each other out a little better now and not instantly jumping to a scum read. I can't say I know DGB's meta to the point I can read it, but it also isn't standing out with odd behavior so I wouldn't full push an elim at the moment.
Caught up on Galron, not a whole lot stands out, but the hard defend on DGB looked fine until he tried to backtrack on it and got really wishy-washy about how much he trusted them. I'm not sure what the basis was for the hard defend in the first place, and his ISO never gives any context for it. The backtrack could reasonably be seen as town realizing they didn't actually have a good reason to trust DGB, but he's apparently still town reading him while putting Kyouko at null despite her ISO screaming that she's obvtown.

If DGB town slipped at some point, I didn't see it. Otherwise I don't see how anyone could comfortably town read them when its playstyle makes it incredibly hard to read by default.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #635 (isolation #13) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:55 am

Post by Roden »

In post 628, rousseau wrote:
In post 627, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 626, rousseau wrote:scum probably house and maybe roden
Spicy!
if anything i think the opposite of spicy, i just function on likelihood and worlds that make sense to me and right now that's them
I was about to say that definitely isn't a spicy take lol. House and I both have low content, so I could see either of us being the default elim choice if we end the day with a solid enough town core. House is usually a lot more active so idk what's going on with them, but in my case a bunch of games I signed up for suddenly all started at once so I got spread thin.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #657 (isolation #14) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:23 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 652, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 635, Roden wrote:
Spicy!
if anything i think the opposite of spicy, i just function on likelihood and worlds that make sense to me and right now that's them
I was about to say that definitely isn't a spicy take lol. House and I both have low content, so I could see either of us being the default elim choice if we end the day with a solid enough town core. House is usually a lot more active so idk what's going on with them, but in my case a bunch of games I signed up for suddenly all started at once so I got spread thin.
Ok i'll ask what you think about roden @ rousseau

this post felt a little bit like, 'idk about THIS guy who is not here and could be scum but me i have an alibi' when house said in his first post he'd be spotty d1 is a little ?
I wasn't shading House? I literally said I don't know what's going on with him and only mentioned him because both of us got mentioned.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #662 (isolation #15) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:26 pm

Post by Roden »

Hi.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #691 (isolation #16) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:56 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 689, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 635, Roden wrote:
Spicy!
You might be low content but you’re still kinda present rn
One game is currently in night phase and the other two died off a bit, plus it's one of my days off so I can be a little more present today.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #695 (isolation #17) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:59 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 690, skitter30 wrote:
In post 687, rousseau wrote:will amend to
~reasons
if you would like

but it kinda feels like that's what both of you were looking for anyway
well ok
ig yeah ultimately where i was going is what dgb said - i imagine ti's a lot easier for scum to 'solve' the callers than to solve the 'real' game, so people who focus on the callers and not the game is soemwhat scummy to me
and i guess for you especially because as of liek this morning you had little 'main game' solving (although it looks like you have more in the pages i just read)
so like i guess it makes me a little nervous taht you're scum finding an easy, but largely meaningless, way of interacting with the game
I kinda get where Rouuseau is coming from, I was expecting more out of the radio calls too, but it just looks like flavor to me so far. If they end up mattering at all, it might not be until the next Day phase.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #701 (isolation #18) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:03 pm

Post by Roden »

Am I missing something wrt Kyouko and Rousseau? Kyo seems like obvtown and Rousseau comes off as town due to prodding questions and analysis of game mechanics.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #716 (isolation #19) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:17 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 706, Tetrina wrote:Because Infinity was saying she could see Gamma as a scum with her
But you asked a loaded question to even find this out. Both town and scum will answer due to associatives that make sense, but scum knows who the true scum team are and can safely use associatives to answer who they think they could be scum with, while in reality would have distanced themselves from at least one of their scum buddies if they're actually trying to play the game.
In post 707, Infinity 324 wrote:i do feel like skitt should at least not be scumreading me here. unless others who played with me think i've much more shallow/pedantic than i normally am as town. i don't think that's true, i think if skitt was genuinely trying to sort me it's pretty likely she would see the emotional or solving purpose behind my posts. which is to say this is a BoP read
Do you think they're just wrong? This implies a slight shade on them if you think town!Skitt should be reading you "correctly" here but hasn't.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #736 (isolation #20) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:36 pm

Post by Roden »

pbpa?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #739 (isolation #21) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:39 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 737, Infinity 324 wrote:post-by-post analysis
Ah. If it was the wall about Tetrina's posts then yeah I thought that was pointless too. We can just ISO dive her if we need to.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #799 (isolation #22) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:49 pm

Post by Roden »

Why would you take that claim seriously?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #806 (isolation #23) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by Roden »

I'm gonna believe DGB is just trolling and sheep my obvtown read.

VOTE: Gamma
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #830 (isolation #24) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:07 pm

Post by Roden »

Wall Kyouko is town Kyouko.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #870 (isolation #25) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:32 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 845, Infinity 324 wrote:skitter is scummmm
Do you town read Gamma? Or Kyouko? You just got accused of being scum but you've got nothing to say about that? This half-hearted re-attempt to call Skitter scum without actually casing her reads like you're trying to steer the wagon off of Gamma by memeing.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #890 (isolation #26) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 875, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 870, Roden wrote:
In post 845, Infinity 324 wrote:skitter is scummmm
Do you town read Gamma? Or Kyouko? You just got accused of being scum but you've got nothing to say about that? This half-hearted re-attempt to call Skitter scum without actually casing her reads like you're trying to steer the wagon off of Gamma by memeing.
i'm not memeing

i have expressed my townreads on gamma and kyokou a couple times now

skitt accused me of being scum but we've hashed that out to death

i have a strong gut feeling that skitter is scum and i think we should eliminate her
You're gonna have to give me a reason why Skitter is scum because I left that wagon awhile ago now.

If you think Kyouko is just wrong then you need to explain why. I'm not asking for a wall of text, but what she said made logical sense and your response just makes you look like you're trying to be dismissive while trying to wagon somebody else. Like, your response is essentially just "you're wrong, we're not suspicious, this other person is instead" while giving zero reasoning for any of it.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #891 (isolation #27) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:54 pm

Post by Roden »

VOTE: Infinity

I think this slot has a higher chance of flipping red than Gamma. It's possible Infinity is trying to build false associatives, and it feels like she could just be white knighting Gamma.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #895 (isolation #28) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:04 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 893, Galron wrote:
In post 891, Roden wrote:VOTE: Infinity

I think this slot has a higher chance of flipping red than Gamma. It's possible Infinity is trying to build false associatives, and it feels like she could just be white knighting Gamma.
I think if it were a WK she'd have an actual reason to tr him.
That's the issue. She doesn't have a reason to TR him. So why is she? Unless she's about to claim N0 Cop check or Masons, I don't see how she could be confidently town reading him with zero explanation.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #912 (isolation #29) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:16 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 898, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 891, Roden wrote:it feels like she could just be white knighting Gamma.
How do you differentiate white knighting from an honest town read?
Having an actual basis for the read would help. But not only does she not give a reason for the town read, she doesn't do anything to dispute the case against him or even herself. If Gamma flipped green, I wouldn't doubt at all that the reason she's blankly town reading him is because she TMI'd it.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #918 (isolation #30) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 915, Tetrina wrote:
In post 891, Roden wrote:VOTE: Infinity

What does false associatives mean?
If Infinity is scum, it doesn't necessarily mean Gamma is as well despite it looking like she's trying to buddy him.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #920 (isolation #31) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:23 pm

Post by Roden »

Rodents........
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #922 (isolation #32) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:28 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 919, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 912, Roden wrote:
In post 898, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 891, Roden wrote:it feels like she could just be white knighting Gamma.
How do you differentiate white knighting from an honest town read?
Having an actual basis for the read would help. But not only does she not give a reason for the town read, she doesn't do anything to dispute the case against him or even herself. If Gamma flipped green, I wouldn't doubt at all that the reason she's blankly town reading him is because she TMI'd it.
now that i gave the read and the dispute, what did you think
I think you probably should've said it was a meta read from the start tbh.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #930 (isolation #33) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:50 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 926, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 922, Roden wrote:I think you probably should've said it was a meta read from the start tbh.
ok, would it help to give examples of town!me townreading gamma for similar reasons in other games?

@tetrina i'm not sure, most people are sort of ignoring the fight. it's possible dgb is taking advantage of things in order to pocket me (get me on its side) based on , but i have a slight lean town on it overall.
That would actually, I don't mind doing homework if you post some links.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1105 (isolation #34) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:35 am

Post by Roden »

In post 1069, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:VOTE: Galron
Does Galron still fit into the equation if both Infinity and Gamma are town? I'm back and forth on Gamma but I think Infinity backed up everything she said about her TR on Gamma with some pretty detailed receipts.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1222 (isolation #35) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:24 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1216, Tetrina wrote:Was it even harder and lots of effort since you're a scum? :wink:
Shading House for not being able to keep up in a game where everyone keeps hyper posting is not a good look. I feel for him, I've been able to be a bit more active but it really does feel impossible for me to keep up. Every time I try to respond to a post, five more pages spring up, and it's especially difficult for me to be active because of my work schedule.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1224 (isolation #36) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:31 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1162, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 560, Roden wrote:I'm falling behind hard in this game. By the time I had time to post, everyone else's posting had died down unfortunately. At this point Kyouko is my strongest town read so I'm probably just gonna sheep her until I can settle into the game better.

I feel like this post is scum for two reasons, the way Roden says he's gonna sheep kyouko feels a bit cowardly, and it feels like he's afraid to be on a miselim so he decided to bus instead
I'm sheeping Kyouko because y'all won't fucking stop hyper posting. I can barely attempt to play with how fast the game is going and the best I could do was follow along with my strongest town read.
In post 1163, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 573, Galron wrote:
In post 569, Roden wrote:
In post 564, Gamma Emerald wrote:

If DGB was wagoner in place of Galron would you be voting Galron here?
Yeah, I would. I don't know if they're partnered, but if they're both suspected then I want to see which wagon has more resistance.

Also, I moved off of Skitter because reading through the thread it just looks like they're sensitive to being scum read. I know that's NAI because I'm like that as well no matter my alignment, so they're just null to me for now. Not a town read though because their wagon fell apart quickly and it seemed like there was resistance to it.
This is the towniest thing Roden has posted. I have a null-scum lean there though. His previous posts were not townie.
this actually seems like a solid assessment of Roden
That's because I actually managed to catch up for a bit there. I can contribute when I have time but 90% of time I just can't with this game.
In post 1198, Gamma Emerald wrote:okay I've reached where the game was when I started posting today so I think I've covered everything I need to

(rousseau, Tetrina, kyouko)
(Infinity, Galron, Pooky)
(skitter, Cephrir, Ydrasse)
(DGB)
(House, Roden)

this is where I'm at following the re-read
This is the safest reads list you could've made. Putting low activity players in your scum reads means nothing if scum is hyper posting with town to fit in. If I'm getting set up to be mis-elim'd just because other people have more time to post than I do then idk what the hell I'm supposed to do.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”