Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by roffman »

Ok, very quick wagon formed.
Vote: Malthusis
for that very quick need to hammer and L-1. There was no point putting seraphim there that early in the game. As many people have said, we have time.

@seraphim: Can you elaborate on your role at all, or would doing so render it useless? Seeing as there are complexities beyond the normal in this game, I would like to rule out things like a jester immediately. Therefore I have to ask would being NK'ed instead of lynched have the same pro-town effect?
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by Budja »

Seriphim, I think you could have waited until day 2 at least before saying this, you could have been NKed and saved us a lynch. Anyway...

I agree with Percy 100% on this. A quick lynch on day 1 is
never
good.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

ACtually, thinking on it, L-1 is dangerous

UnFoS

I still maintain my stance, but malty just pushed it to an unacceptable range. L-2 was more reasonable.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by Seraphim »

I can't elaborate on what I can do or what my death will trigger. Only that it will definitely benefit town and that it should make the game that much easier.

I would have tried to get NKed, except there's no guarantee that I would have been and I didn't want to take that risk. Getting lynched on day 1 when we can afford a mislynch seemed to be the best strategy and I still think it remains my best option to use my role to its fullest potential. You could almost say that I'm better off dead.

Feel free to continue the day, as we can lynch any other suspect on day 2. So long as am I today's lynch, I support the continuation of the day.
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by afatchic »

Percy wrote:
Vote: afatchic
- I don't like your latest post. Seraphim says "vote for me!" and you say "oh, OK seraphim, I'll do what you say. But you'd better not be kidding me around!!!". We're playing
mafia
here, why are you trusting him even a tiny, tiny little bit? Is it because you're scum who's glad to have avoided attention on Day 1?
I felt it may actually be better if we just went ahead and lynched him and pretending it was more like a night start, then to talk about the possibility of a vig kill and stuff like that, possibly outing Power roles.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:30 pm

Post by veerus »

Except that lynching him would bring twilight which lets mafia kill people. Assuming standard ratio of mafia to town, dropping the town to 10 on a "night 0" is not a good idea by any means.
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:04 pm

Post by roffman »

There is also the fact that vigs normally don't have a target night 0. If we have seraphim as a potential vig target, it is like giving town an extra kill.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:37 am

Post by Seraphim »

I'll say it again: I didn't want to leave it up to chance. I need to be killed before day 4 if the town wants any sort of benefit. At night, the WIFOM begins. I might be vigged but the Mafia might have a doctor and I may be protected.

I need to die and day 1 is the best time for me to die.

In other news, Percy brings up some good points.

@Percy

After the day's interrogations are done, do you plan on having me lynched or would you rather target someone else as today's lynch?
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:47 am

Post by malthusis »

Another point for Seraphim being lynched today is the fact that there may be more obvious people we need to lynch later on and the fact about that we don't need a mis-lynch later in the game when it could hurt us more. Now that I think about it, if you were fine until day 4, why couldn't you just wait to get nightkilled or maybe revealed it day 3 if you didn't? However, now that you've revealed, a bit of WIFOM does come into play, so I agree that we should lynch you today after discussions.Also, a bit weird that panzerjager and DGB come out of nowhere to vote without saying anything at all? (and not saying anything at all right now)
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:55 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

veerus wrote:Same reasons -- we have time, so why the rush?
Seems silly. We can lynch Seraphim, and tomorrow will be our 'Day 1'. Bu tin fact, only Seraphim knows the cost benefit. He should decide whether he wants to die slowly or quickly.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Slowly or quickly doesn't matter as long I die.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:15 pm

Seraphim wrote:Slowly or quickly doesn't matter as long I die.
It's kinda weird to chit chat about who else is scummy when the lynch is a foregone conclusion, but hey. What do I know.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by Budja »

True, if we decide to lynch Seraphim today then it would be very hard to scum-hunt in the meanwhile as votes would have a great deal less pressure.

I'll save my vote for now but I think that we probably should just lynch him.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:53 pm

Post by Percy »

Seraphim wrote:@Percy

After the day's interrogations are done, do you plan on having me lynched or would you rather target someone else as today's lynch?
You started off saying that you should die before Day 4, and I understand why it would be best for you to die on Day 1 if there is something nasty coming - that is, it saves us having to lynch you rather than some obvscum on Day 3, or whatever.

Still, if the town gets more info from lynching someone else, then we should lynch them. In all probability, we'll all have a nice little chat, and then shoot you. But I personally will not
commit
to lynching you. It seems bizarre to make that guarantee, as it blunts any investigation we can do of other people today (as other people have identified).

The only answer to "why was a quick lynch good" seems to be "oh we could have done it and it wouldn't have been that bad". Thus, every person who wanted Seraphim lynched
quickly
wanted it for bad reasons.

Now we're looking at twiddling our thumbs and whistling away the day, because everyone "knows" that we're lynching Seraphim. Well, if you "know" it, then vote. No-one is going to feel the least bit threatened by your votes if they know you'll switch it to someone else. I'm suspicious of both afatchic and malthusis, so my votes are staying where they are. Seraphim falls under the 'lynch if there's no-one else to lynch' category.
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:06 pm

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

Well, since we're no longer random voting,
UnFoS: DGB.
I refuse to commit to a D1 lynch this early, so I won't
vote
FoS Seraphim just yet, but I agree that if we don't have anyone better by the end of the day, we should lynch Seraphim. Still, if you people want him lynched now, then vote him now.

Alternative suspects? Malthusis is looking worst to me right now because of his eagerness to hammer, but I'm not really seeing anything else on anyone yet.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:23 pm

Post by veerus »

I'm not sold on malt's scumminess yet... not all hammerers are scummy, but I'd like to know his reasons for wanting to hammer.
-Fight Club
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:07 am

Post by malthusis »

@veerus: I practically saw 5 people before me vote Seraphim (most without any objections at all) so everyone made it seem like it was going to happen anyways. I waited to see if anyone had any objections (Percy did). If I really wanted to maliciously hammer him, why would I wait to do it?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:00 am

Trumpet of Doom wrote:Well, since we're no longer random voting,
UnFoS: DGB.
I refuse to commit to a D1 lynch this early, so I won't
vote
FoS Seraphim just yet, but I agree that if we don't have anyone better by the end of the day, we should lynch Seraphim. Still, if you people want him lynched now, then vote him now.
You sound like you're trying to derail the Seraph lynch, which we're told will be good for the town.

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:01 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well, since we're no longer random voting, UnFoS: DGB. I refuse to commit to a D1 lynch this early, so I won't vote FoS Seraphim just yet, but I agree that if we don't have anyone better by the end of the day, we should lynch Seraphim. Still, if you people want him lynched now, then vote him now.

Alternative suspects? Malthusis is looking worst to me right now because of his eagerness to hammer, but I'm not really seeing anything else on anyone yet.
This sounds basically like a quote of Percy with different words :S...not sure what to make of this.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:29 am

Post by PJ. »

UnFoS FoS:Malthusis

Vote:Seraphim

Tar ignored my vote on Seraphim so I'm voting him now but I'm gonna FoS Malthusis because of the whole "It's not a hammer so I can FoS. Why are you so afraid to hammer?
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:42 pm

Post by veerus »

Panzerjager wrote:
UnFoS FoS:Malthusis

Vote:Seraphim

Tar ignored my vote on Seraphim so I'm voting him now but I'm gonna FoS Malthusis because of the whole "It's not a hammer so I can FoS. Why are you so afraid to hammer?
You
do
realize that FOS's are votes today and votes are fos's, right?
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:44 pm

Post by veerus »

malthusis wrote:@veerus: I practically saw 5 people before me vote Seraphim (most without any objections at all) so everyone made it seem like it was going to happen anyways. I waited to see if anyone had any objections (Percy did). If I really wanted to maliciously hammer him, why would I wait to do it?
Ok. In my opinion that's not scummy. If anything, it's a little.. um, lemming-ish.
-Fight Club
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by Budja »

veerus wrote:
malthusis wrote:@veerus: I practically saw 5 people before me vote Seraphim (most without any objections at all) so everyone made it seem like it was going to happen anyways. I waited to see if anyone had any objections (Percy did). If I really wanted to maliciously hammer him, why would I wait to do it?
Ok. In my opinion that's not scummy. If anything, it's a little.. um, lemming-ish.
I agree, following the crowd still isn't that great. Assuming that Seraphim was telling the truth, the mafia would probably still want a quick-lynch to reduce the information given to the town.

If malthusis was scum, I think he would have just hammered.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:21 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Unvote
Vote: Trumpet of Doom

In a normal game, scum would want to foster a mislynch because it's good for scum and bad for town. Now here's a mislynch that will be good for the town and bad for the scum and here's a player trying to derail it.

Percy seems to have good reasons and doesn't strike me as scummy yet. He reads more as aggressive, thoughtful townie. But you're just repeating and it makes you sound like scared scum who doesn't want me killed and is following another player's lead.

Killing me now will have much more benefit than mislynching a townie today. Also, when making lynches in the futures, having a night under our belts will help find falseclaims which the scum
will
have as they have had in almost every single Tar game.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Killing me now will have much more benefit than mislynching a townie today. Also, when making lynches in the futures, having a night under our belts will help find falseclaims which the scum will have as they have had in almost every single Tar game.
There is no guarantee of a mislynch D1. That said, I do agree that having a lynch that will prevent a bad thing for town as compared to the usual "random" lynch D1, while not optimal, still would be better. Of course, if a clear scum suspect comes out...nyeh...actually, I'd probably still go for your lynch over them, and lynch em tomorrow :S...this is a really odd situation.
-StrangerCoug

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”