Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:32 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Maemuki wrote:Hey, Yos, some people say that you're scum, but they're not delusional to you, are they?

And I like my opinions, tyvm. If you disagree with them, k, but please don't attack me just because I disagree with you.

Because that post just looks like OMGUS. <3!
Hah. You are so scum.

You were trying to tell the gunbarer to shoot "Yos or Howard". You didn't bother to explain this, or to justify this in the face of the fact that I've been trying to get Howard shot for most of the game, or that you were pushing for Hacker to get shot yesterday while never giving a reason why while I was defending him.

It's especally funny for you to act like my post was "OMGUS", when I've been saying for DAYS now that the scum are (Howard, Mae, Sarag, and Almaster). How can my post be OMGUS when I have been attacking you and your three scumbuddies for days before you ever attacked me?

Anyway, I don't think you have "opinions". I think you know who the scum are, because I think it said so in your role PM. And the post you made at the start of the day really confirms that in my mind; there's no way a pro-town person who was actually scumhunting would just come to the conclusion at this point in the game that the scum are me and Howard. No way at all.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

HowardRoark wrote: Nachomamma8 was indecisive on AlmasterGM until late and only mentioned Sarag once. +Scum points.
Indecisive? I'm not exactly sure where you're getting that, but if it has anything to do with AlamasterGM's dying post where he pointed out the "contradiction" in my reasoning against him, you might want to do some rereading. As for not talking about Sarag, meh. I really wasn't active enough on this site to get a good reread in on her.

Xyl: I changed my mind. If you're wondering why, read the exchanges between Yos and I. I would like him to get some of his old activity back, though. (Heh, like I should talk...)

Yos: Yos has been extremely pro-town up to this point; he's been presenting good logic, he's been completely active... Sarag's scumflip also furthered my read on him, based on Sarag's little pokes at Yos, namely ISO 18. She really didn't explain it all that well, and she dropped it immediately when she saw it didn't stick. I also like Yos's ISO 12, where Xyl had been gaining a lot of support for all of his scumlists, and Yos reminded everyone that he was still human. He takes strong suspicions on everything, and his positions are well defended. I also like how he defended HackerHuck yesterday, despite the popular opinion to shoot him.

So... I don't really see where you're getting scum from.

I liked earlier game ortolan more than I like him now. I'd really like him to weigh in on who to shoot since he was wrong with one of his reads, and I'd really like him to explain his bad feeling on Yos more, instead of saying the obvious.

I don't like the Howard-Maemuki charge on Yos, but I like Howard's charge a little more than Maemuki's. Maemuki seems like she's just taking advantage of the opportunity to get Yos shot. I also REALLY don't like how Howard began his attack after ortolan expressed suspicion; that seems to me like Howard realized that a shot on Yos was possible, so he decided to begin an attack.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:26 am

Post by HackerHuck »

Nacho - If you were gunbearer and had to shoot someone now, who would it be and why?
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:16 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Mrrrrrh.

Still thinking Yos is town; I don't like the sudden turn against him.

HackerHuck being town resolves some doubts I had about HowardRoark being unlikely scum with Hacker.
HackerHuck wrote:Nacho - If you were gunbearer and had to shoot someone now, who would it be and why?
Yes! This is the sort of thing gunbearers should be doing.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:26 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

HackerHuck wrote:Nacho - If you were gunbearer and had to shoot someone now, who would it be and why?
Howard.

First of all, his scumpair consists of someone I know to be town, and someone I'm pretty sure is town.

Second of all, I don't like his veiled attacks on Yos and Xyl; the Yos attack hasn't became direct until recently. Check ISO 16, 17, 23, and my favorite, 39.

I also don't like the Sarag-Roark interactions. His attack began on Sarag because of a single scumtell, and he held it over everyone like it was the best scumtell ever, but didn't really explain anything else about how he found Sarag scummy, at all. Although she was pretty much the only person he attacked, his attacks never had really substance to them.

Finally, I find his sudden suspicion of you at the end of the day scummy. You pop onto his suspect list on ISO 34, and his explanation of the suspicion is "he doesn't agree with me on Sarag" (ISO 37).
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:24 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Xylthixlm wrote:Still thinking Yos is town
Why?
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:56 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

HackerHuck wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:Still thinking Yos is town
Why?
I've noticed Yos has a tendency towards IIoA and, I'm not sure how to describe it, "lazy scumhunting" when he's scum. He covers it well but not consistently. I haven't noticed any signs of it this game; I'll take another look at his iso later.

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:51 pm

Post by ortolan »

I might agree with Xyl on Yos now
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:28 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Took another look at Yos, and compared to some past games I've played with him. He is hard to read, but my gut says he's town. I'll take another look if Maemuki and HowardRoark are shot and the game isn't over.

HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:59 am

Post by HackerHuck »

Xylthixlm wrote:Took another look at Yos, and compared to some past games I've played with him. He is hard to read, but my gut says he's town. I'll take another look if Maemuki and HowardRoark are shot and the game isn't over.
If you look at Maemuki, she had posited that Sarag and Alamaster were scum together. I would normally think of that as coming more likely from town, but you seem to think she's scummy. Why is that?
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:33 pm

Post by HowardRoark »

@Yosarian2: A response to my post 765 please.

@Nachomamma8: That slip was all I needed for my solid scum read on Sarag.

(Site issues not helping with my limited access.)
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Sure.
HowardRoark wrote: @Yosarian2: In iso 60 you say that you are less suspicious of Nachomamma8 without ever having expressed suspicion.
I spent 3 long posts questioning Nacho, especally questioning him about the reasons behind his attack on Xyl. (iso post 54, post 55, post 56). I didn't actually say I was suspicious of him at this point, but I would have thought it was obvious that I had some doubts about him or I wouldn't have been questioning him like that; I was questioning him to try to figure out his thought process and get a read on his alignment.

By ISO post 60, after he had answered my questions, I could see where he was coming from, and it felt honest to me. At that point, I was no longer suspicious of him, like I said.
In iso 70 you exclude Nachomamma8 from the all four of the scum are in this group of five list with an air of uncertainty.
Yes. I felt Nacho was town, but was not quite as sure about him as (at the time) I was about Xyl and Ort. I thought I made that pretty clear.
In iso 76 you question Xylthixlm's plan to shoot everyone but Xylthixlm, ortolan, and yourself by saying, "if we shoot me and then I'm wrong about, say, Nacho, town could still lose" without ever mentioning switching your view of Nachomamma8 to a solid town read.
Basically, if I had been shot then, we would have only had 1 safe "mislynch" left. So, I still could have (and would have) shot all 5 people on my list of possible scum, and if I was right and all 4 scum were in that group, town still would have won. However, if I was wrong about one of the 3 people I thought was town (Xyl, Ort, or Nacho), then we could lose. (I was just using nacho as an example of a case where I might have been wrong because, like I said, I wasn't quite as sure about him at the time).
Please elaborate on your evolving read of Nachomamma8.
I still think Nacho is probably town. He got quiet for a little while there, but I like his recent posts, they make a lot of sense to me.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:49 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

HowardRoark wrote: @Nachomamma8: That slip was all I needed for my solid scum read on Sarag.
For some reason, I doubt that. Could you link me to a single game where you have pegged scum on a single scumtell?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:39 pm

Post by Elmo »

Maemuki has been prodded.

The
deadline
is Friday 12th February, 22:00 UTC, which is 14 days, 20 hours and 20 minutes from this post.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

HackerHuck wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:Took another look at Yos, and compared to some past games I've played with him. He is hard to read, but my gut says he's town. I'll take another look if Maemuki and HowardRoark are shot and the game isn't over.
If you look at Maemuki, she had posited that Sarag and Alamaster were scum together. I would normally think of that as coming more likely from town, but you seem to think she's scummy. Why is that?
Because she's lurking hard. Also, process of elimination.

Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:42 pm

Post by Maemuki »

I lurked because, you know, I had to set up my open game and stuff. Sorry about that. >.<'
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:42 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

OK, you had a recent reason to not post. Xyl's probably one of the townies here, so tell me why he's wrong about you.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:58 am

Post by Maemuki »

HackerHuck wrote:OK, you had a recent reason to not post. Xyl's probably one of the townies here, so tell me why he's wrong about you.
I don't think that I can defend myself from the mighty process of elimination.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:03 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Maemuki wrote:
HackerHuck wrote:OK, you had a recent reason to not post. Xyl's probably one of the townies here, so tell me why he's wrong about you.
I don't think that I can defend myself from the mighty process of elimination.
Make a good case on someone else. You've got me, Yos, ort, and nacho to choose from.

HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:05 am

Post by HackerHuck »

Yosarian2 wrote:It's especally funny for you to act like my post was "OMGUS", when I've been saying for DAYS now that the scum are (Howard, Mae, Sarag, and Almaster). How can my post be OMGUS when I have been attacking you and your three scumbuddies for days before you ever attacked me?
Yos, while you may be a great player, I'm not sold that you could get all four scum right (unless they were listed in your role PM.) Which are you more likely to be wrong about - Howard or Mae - and whom would you replace that person with?

Barring some smoking gun that I've managed to miss so far, Xyl and Ortolan are safe for today. I'd really like to see some more aggression here, without it all being forced by me.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:17 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

HackerHuck wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:It's especally funny for you to act like my post was "OMGUS", when I've been saying for DAYS now that the scum are (Howard, Mae, Sarag, and Almaster). How can my post be OMGUS when I have been attacking you and your three scumbuddies for days before you ever attacked me?
Yos, while you may be a great player, I'm not sold that you could get all four scum right (unless they were listed in your role PM.) Which are you more likely to be wrong about - Howard or Mae - and whom would you replace that person with?
Well, I'm something like 95% I ever am in a mafia game convinced that Xyl is town. Nacho also looks pretty town to me.

(shrug) If I'm wrong about anyone, I could be wrong about Mae being scum. Just a few days ago a game ended and it turned where I was sure she was scum and I turned out to be wrong, so I'm apparently not that good at reading her.

Not sure who else is likely to be scum, though; like I said, from the way Ort defended Howard and attacked you, and called me scum just because I thought you were town and Howard was scum, I have to consider the possibility he could be scum with Howard. I don't really think so, though; it probably has more to do with that dangerous overconfidence he tends to have as town that I mentioned earlier in the game. Honestly, if we shot Howard and Mae and one of them flipped town, I really am not sure what I would do next.

I'd really like to see some more aggression here, without it all being forced by me.
I think I've been agressive. By this point in the game, I'm starting of running out of unique ways to say how much Howard is scummy scum scum who needs to get shot and die ASAP.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:47 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I'd really appreciated if ort began to post a little more; he hasn't posted anything of substance in a week.

HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:13 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Nachomamma8 wrote:I'd really appreciated if ort began to post a little more; he hasn't posted anything of substance in a week.
Why is that. I'm very unlikely to shoot him and he hasn't really brought a lot of insight that I can use? What do you expect to get out of him?
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by ortolan »

good question :P
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:30 pm

Post by ortolan »

Yosarian2 wrote:
HackerHuck wrote:
Well, I'm something like 95% I ever am in a mafia game convinced that Xyl is town. Nacho also looks pretty town to me.

(shrug) If I'm wrong about anyone, I could be wrong about Mae being scum. Just a few days ago a game ended and it turned where I was sure she was scum and I turned out to be wrong, so I'm apparently not that good at reading her.

Not sure who else is likely to be scum, though; like I said, from the way Ort defended Howard and attacked you, and called me scum just because I thought you were town and Howard was scum, I have to consider the possibility he could be scum with Howard. I don't really think so, though; it probably has more to do with that dangerous overconfidence he tends to have as town that I mentioned earlier in the game. Honestly, if we shot Howard and Mae and one of them flipped town, I really am not sure what I would do next.

I'd really like to see some more aggression here, without it all being forced by me.
I think I've been agressive. By this point in the game, I'm starting of running out of unique ways to say how much Howard is scummy scum scum who needs to get shot and die ASAP.
Yosarian2 would have to be doing a very very good impression of a townie as scum to make this post. You should probably shoot Howard but I will hopefully get around to a re-read soon to see if I can become extremely enthused about him being shot. I did notice I suspected him at the beginning of the game for something then I seemed to decree him town, that may have been a mistake.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”