Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:52 am

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

EBWOP: Even if I didn't specifically say it, I expect a well thought out response of two sentences or greater for each question.

go go go go!
And as your mother, you will listen to me, young lady. There will be no leading of these ships and armies on a mass-murdering crusade. Or else.
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by rite »

First, sorry for not being around-- it's been a wild weekend/monday
@rite: Who do you think is most likely to lurk as scum? (Is it you?) Why?
Are you asking me out of the player list who I think would be most likely to lurk, if they were scum? Unfortunately I just returned to the site after an absence of literally years, and I don't think I recognize anyone in this game (apologies in advance if I've played with you before!)

I can answer for myself, though. I tend not to be an incredibly talkative mafia player, as scum or town, and even though I'm going to try to dedicate myself, I can tell you that in the past I've been prodded for lurking, pretty much equally when I'm scum or when I'm town. Basically, while I may be one of the town members most likely to lurk, I don't think that would tell you anything about my role, unfortunately.

Also, just to make sure I get the game mechanics right, Val doesn't have to listen to anything anyone says, right? She can fire at will?
Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:59 pm

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

Yep.

shoot: ri---

Just kidding. <_<
And as your mother, you will listen to me, young lady. There will be no leading of these ships and armies on a mass-murdering crusade. Or else.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:54 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Vala Mal Doran wrote:@Xylthixlm: Who in this game do you think could most convincingly pull off faking town as scum (including yourself)? Elaborate beyond a couple of sentences please.
Let's see.
  • Yosarian2 is really sneaky. I think I've got a trick for reading him, but I never manage to actually get him lynched.

• Vaya is... well, let's just say Vaya is better at convincingly faking scum as town.

• Vala Mal Doran is confirmed town, and therefore will be extremely convincing if she's actually scum :)

• DragonsofSummer I can't say much about; need to play with him more, or maybe he just isn't very memorable.

• Slicey is cool. Probably average difficulty at reading.

• ortolan is about average.

• rite I know nothing about.

• Xylthixlm is totally obvious as scum if you know what to look for, and really sneaky if you don't.

• DraketheFake... don't know.

• Sarag... don't know.

• Zakeri is average, a little bit hard to read iirc.

• Bogre... see DragonsofSummer.
Overall Yos2 is most convincing as scum by far. Some people would put me as second. There's nobody in this group who I know as really really easy to read, though.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Vala Mal Doran wrote: @Yosarian2: Do you prefer playing as scum or town? Why?
Neither, really. I like playing a mix and being scum in some games and town in other games. I think that improves my play.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:10 pm

Post by Bogre »

@Vala

Unless you want to give me the gun, you shouldn't shoot me.
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
Sarag
Sarag
Goon
Sarag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:15 pm

Post by Sarag »

Vala Mal Doran wrote:@Sarag: How well do you think I will handle the pressure of gunbearer from what little you've seen me post? Please elaborate beyond a one-sentence answer.
So far you seem to be handling it well enough. You're open to advice but appear to be judging its value for yourself. It's early in the day though and your decision must seem far off - perhaps it will be harder on you closer to deadline, especially if there are no clear choices. However, you seem cautious but not flakey, so I expect you'll avoid making a terrible choice.
*twitches*
Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by Zakeri »

@Zakeri - The scum put pressure on Val when they made her gun bearer. My discussing the situation and trying to be helpful did not.
That actually avoids my point by changing the subject from "Gunbearer" to "Vala". I still believe town should have a significant say in who Vala shoots, and even thought it's her decision to take whenever she wants, I don't think telling her not to talk about how she wants to shoot will help that.

I'm dropping this point since we've already reached middle ground here:
Hmm yeah, I wasn't too clear on that, but I didn't mean literally until the post where she pulls the trigger.
@Zakeri: How aware are you of your own meta? Do you often change your playstyle to try to trip up people who would use your meta to determine your alignment?
I'm rarely aware of other people's metas, much less my own. Mine changes constantly based on how I feel and how interested I am in the game. My play style is fairly reactionary.

It shows in faster paced games (where one day is only three days long, etc.) where I once had a meta attack used against me because for one post, I had made a quote chain where I didn't respond to everything in chronological order, suggesting that I chose not to respond to something and then changed my mind later.
"You know, I was hoping for a cop investigation. But instead I get [two vig kills]... okay." - Zakeri
"I [i]wish[/i] I ever got messages like this." - Vi
DraketheFake
DraketheFake
Goon
DraketheFake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:06 pm

Post by DraketheFake »

Hi all. Here, haven't read yet. Plenty of time over the upcoming holiday. Might even sneak a post in if I get packed soon enough.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by Slicey »

Vala Mal Doran wrote: @Slicey: Do you like the RVS that occurs in most games? If so, why? If not, why not?
I hate it. Absolutely hate it. Mainly because I have a hard time getting anything of value out of the RVS, and mainly Day 1 in general. I can't tell what's random and what's not.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
Sarag
Sarag
Goon
Sarag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by Sarag »

Bogre wrote:Unless you want to give me the gun, you shouldn't shoot me.
I don't find this very compelling.
*twitches*
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:57 pm

Post by Bogre »

Sarag wrote:
Bogre wrote:Unless you want to give me the gun, you shouldn't shoot me.
I don't find this very compelling.
Why? I'm not personally afraid of being shot. Are you?
Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:59 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Bogre wrote:I'm not personally afraid of being shot. Are you?
I'd rather keep a extra townie alive.

Sarag
Sarag
Goon
Sarag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:13 pm

Post by Sarag »

Bogre wrote:Why? I'm not personally afraid of being shot. Are you?
Yeah, it would be lame if Vala died. Both scum and town should wish to avoid being shot, Bogre.

As for why I don't find your response compelling, it's because it amounts to you just stating that you are town. It's kinda meh.
*twitches*
Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:26 pm

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

Zakeri wrote:I still believe town should have a significant say in who Vala shoots, and even thought it's her decision to take whenever she wants, I don't think telling her not to talk about how she wants to shoot will help that.
If it makes you feel any better, I will be taking everyone else's opinion's under significant advisement. My scumdar isn't the best in the world (though it's not the worst, either) and, well, being the first to die in this game would suck. :(

I see Bogre's question is eliciting the exact kind of reactions I had expected it to. <_<
Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:27 pm

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

*opinions

Only immediately upon waking up from a nap could I make that kind of massive grammatical error.

>_<
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:40 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

Vala Mal Doran wrote:@DragonsofSummer: If you were to become gunbearer, how likely would you be to jokingly shoot yourself at any point? Please elaborate enough so that we get some insight into your personality.
I wouldn't. In my opinion that falls under the same heading as voting yourself, and I am extremely against the whole self voting thing. Also it adds absolutely nothing to the game, and serves no purpose that I can see. Self-voting (or shooting in this case) shows you are making no effort toward helping find scum and instead have given up (except in the RVS, but thats a different argument entirely) I find it excedingly unhelpful, and there is no reason for it.

A quick reactionary question? Do we know for sure that we are unable to shoot ourselves anyway? It isn't stated that we can't, and that would be one hell of a blow to the town IMO (A day with no lynch except worse because of how this game works).
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:17 am

Post by ortolan »

VMD (24) wrote:@ortolan: Have you ever played any real-life mafia, and if so, do you prefer it to forum mafia? Why or why not?
Not really :P I do recall playing "murder in the dark" when I was very very young, I can't even remember how that worked though and it would be completely irrelevant to my approach to mafia nowadays.

I also already find rite, Zakeri, and even Drake scummy
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:21 am

Post by ortolan »

Sorry, scratch that. I already find rite, Zakeri, Drake,
and
DragonsofSummer scummy.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:54 am

Post by Bogre »

Sarag wrote:
Bogre wrote:Why? I'm not personally afraid of being shot. Are you?
Yeah, it would be lame if Vala died. Both scum and town should wish to avoid being shot, Bogre.

As for why I don't find your response compelling, it's because it amounts to you just stating that you are town. It's kinda meh.
I most definitely want to avoid being shot, because it will be a loss to town. But I am not -afraid- of it...do you see the distinction? Scum have the most to lose from being targetted, not town.
Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:43 am

Post by DragonsofSummer »

Why do you find me scummy? Because if I was the gun bearer I wouldn't jokingly shoot myself? Ortolan you make no sense.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:52 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Bogre wrote:I most definitely want to avoid being shot, because it will be a loss to town. But I am not -afraid- of it...do you see the distinction? Scum have the most to lose from being targetted, not town.
How is this any different from a normal game?

rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:15 am

Post by rite »

I think Bogre's line of thinking is that if you're shot, and you're town, you don't die, so there's nothing to be afraid of.

I'm not sure I agree; or, more clearly, I think I might be on Xyl's side on this one. Even though it might be more fun to play in a game until the end, a town win is a town win, and your priority should be ensuring the win of the town, not your personal survival.
Sarag
Sarag
Goon
Sarag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by Sarag »

Yes, Bogre, I see the distinction. I also see how you're distracting people from the fact that your original response to Vala's question was completely lame. I'll remind them:
Vala Mal Doran wrote:@Bogre: Why shouldn't I shoot you today?
Bogre wrote:@Vala

Unless you want to give me the gun, you shouldn't shoot me.
I don't think we've heard from Vaya yet. Is there anyone else who hasn't checked in?
*twitches*
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:08 pm

Post by Bogre »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Bogre wrote:I most definitely want to avoid being shot, because it will be a loss to town. But I am not -afraid- of it...do you see the distinction? Scum have the most to lose from being targetted, not town.
How is this any different from a normal game?
It's not.
Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”