Mini 170 - Time Travel Mafia, Game Over!

Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:21 am

Post by Mgm »

I'm all ears - ready to hear your confession. :wink:
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:51 am

Post by mathcam »

Current Official Vote Count:

Sapphire (3, Electra, Mgm, Axelrod)
Mgm (2, SapphireVerde, Fuldu)
Electra (1, MoS)
Axelrod (1, Crola)

Not Voting: Nanook, DarkLight140, SubtleTactix, DragonSlayer

6 to lynch.

And I just realized that setting a deadline for Sunday night probably isn't wise, so we'll make it
60 hours
(2.5 days) from this post. Given current levels of posting, this might not be removable.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:04 am

Post by mathcam »

Current Official Vote Count:

Sapphire (3, Electra, Mgm, Axelrod)
Mgm (2, SapphireVerde, Fuldu)
Electra (1, MoS)
Axelrod (1, Crola)

6 to lynch.

And I just realized that setting a deadline for Sunday night probably isn't wise, so we'll make it
60 hours
(2.5 days) from this post. Given current levels of posting, this might not be removable.

Cam
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:38 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Arlighty, I'm basically caught up. First thing is taht Sapphires posts are some of the hardest thing's I've had to read on the board since Bigben. Please try to clean them up a bit.

More importantly, as far as the doc saving armlx. Bad idea because we know he's townie, and therefore it wouldn't be as helpful as saving someone that potentially, or probably, is a pro town time traveler. The only thing is, if the doc saves Arm now, then it will only cost one fuel unit. I think it should be up to the doc. He/she knows how much fuel they have, therefore it's his/her decision. They should be able to decide whether or not it's worth it to revive him. Doc, if you have a decent amount of fuel, then why not? As far as the votes on Sapphire, it's the best choice for now. She hasn't posted often, or too helpfully. Input is important. However, I'll give her another chance to put her two cents in, though a bit more than that would be helpful. If she continues lurking/not helping, then I'll jump onto the wagon as well.

-DS
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
SapphireVerde
SapphireVerde
Goon
SapphireVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:46 pm

Post by SapphireVerde »

sorry about that. i type funny. Mostly because i use alot of short cuts when im typing. i dont see a reason why my input kinda matters, i mean we are all talking about the same thing. i dont like the fact that there are bandwagon votes on my head. i mean just because i dont have a lead like everyone else, it doesnt make me more guilty.
Fluffy Wuffy!
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:29 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

True enough, but I guess when no one knows anything, go after the person who annoys you. And I have to admit, your inability to capitalize the word "I" grates on my nerves.

Additionally, we're a bit short on time, and somehow I doubt that people are going to be on much for the remainder of this weekend. So, we'll probably end up going with the person whose bandwagon already has a bit of momentum, unless there's a reason not to. So, even with the fact that these aren't the best reasons to lynch someone, unless you've got a counter (something like "I can help to provide valuable insights" is preferred, although if you find yourself unable to live up to that, "I have a pro-town power role" will suffice as long as you're willing to die tonight).

Thus, when I think "who needs lynching?" and come up blank, it looks like you're the lynch target, SapphireVerde.
To be Continued...
Crola
Crola
Mafia Scum
Crola
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:05 am

Post by Crola »

Dragon Slayer wrote:Arlighty, I'm basically caught up. First thing is taht Sapphires posts are some of the hardest thing's I've had to read on the board since Bigben. Please try to clean them up a bit.

More importantly, as far as the doc saving armlx. Bad idea because we know he's townie,
and therefore it wouldn't be as helpful as saving someone that potentially, or probably, is a pro town time traveler. The only thing is, if the doc saves Arm now, then it will only cost one fuel unit. I think it should be up to the doc. He/she knows how much fuel they have, therefore it's his/her decision. They should be able to decide whether or not it's worth it to revive him. Doc, if you have a decent amount of fuel, then why not? As far as the votes on Sapphire, it's the best choice for now. She hasn't posted often, or too helpfully. Input is important. However, I'll give her another chance to put her two cents in, though a bit more than that would be helpful. If she continues lurking/not helping, then I'll jump onto the wagon as well.

-DS
Ummm, wait a sec, did you just say don't revive the townie? Here, I'll italicize that part.
From what this sentence says, you'd rather have the doc protect someone randonly tonight and he/she could be prptecting mafia, rather than protecting a townie. This seems scummy. Also, with waht darklight said, he said "if someone claims protown power role," this could easily be done by scum also.
DS, you're post completely goes against everything the town has been talking about today. So Darklight, I think we have a lead.
Unvote Axel Vote Dragon Slayer
Kun Lan:"Oops, I guess my trick didn't work on you."
Harman:"Tricks are for kids, Kun. I'm an old man."
~ Killer7
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:36 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Heh, I wasn't saying it was a bad idea. It came out wrong. Later on I say why it would be a good idea to, but i forgot to say "Good idea because..." It was not meant as me saying my opinion is that it's only a bad idea, it just seems that way because I phrased it poorly. It should read, "It could be a bad idea beacuse..." and later on when I talked about the doc having a lot of fuel, then I should have said, "But it would be a good idea if..."

I phrased it poorly. It's not my solid opinion that we shouldn't revive him. My point was to give good and bad reasons to reviving the townie and in the end, think that it should be up to the doc to decide for him/her self.

-DS
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:27 pm

Post by Axelrod »

I don't know. I really don't have a strong feeling about Sapphire. At least she is posting. Frankly, I don't have a strong feeling about anyone. We could always fall back on lynching a lurker. SubtleTactics hasn't posted since March 19, I believe. But then again, it could just be the holiday.

Dragon Slayer is slightly suspicious for saying he would read up and to give him some time--on March22--and then not posting again until yesterday. Plus, when he did post, his comments were strange as Crola has observed--basically not saying much helpful.

With deadline approaching, I might change my vote, but probably only if it looks like one of those two is the alternate.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:27 pm

Post by Mgm »

Axelrod wrote:SubtleTactics hasn't posted since March 19, I believe. But then again, it could just be the holiday.
I don't know where you live, but here Easter doesn't really take 9 days.
Show
SubtleTactix
SubtleTactix
Townie
SubtleTactix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:45 am

Post by SubtleTactix »

Yeah, sorry about the lurking -- I've been swamped with guests the last several days, and never quite found the time to post.

I keep seeing people talk about time fuel as if it costs one unit per day of trip, and when I read mathcam's rules and the townie PM, I think that may be an incorrect assumption. Based on the posted rules, it looks like a trip from Night 5 to Night 4 costs the same amount as a trip from Night 5 to Night 2 -- one unit of fuel. Therefore, people who are suggesting something different are either:

A. Implicitly making a role-claim, or
B. Assuming more than they should about game mechanics, or
C. Carefully reading something that I have missed.

(If the answer is C, I apologize, but please point this out -- I don't see it.) I suppose it is even possible that time fuel works differently for different characters.

I don't have a better lynch candidate than SV. She is the vote leader. She has done little in the way for her own defense. I guess I'm happy to wait and see if she says something more convincing.
SapphireVerde wrote:i dont like the fact that there are bandwagon votes on my head. i mean just because i dont have a lead like everyone else, it doesnt make me more guilty.
That is true. But what does start to look scummy is when you've had a long time to present an adequate defense, and failed to do so. You've had three votes on for quite a while, yet you haven't suggested anyone else as a lynch target, and you haven't made even a hint of a role-claim. With the deadline approaching, you should probably change your approach...

--Tactix
SapphireVerde
SapphireVerde
Goon
SapphireVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:31 am

Post by SapphireVerde »

SubtleTactix wrote:I keep seeing people talk about time fuel as if it costs one unit per day of trip, and when I read mathcam's rules and the townie PM, I think that may be an incorrect assumption. Based on the posted rules, it looks like a trip from Night 5 to Night 4 costs the same amount as a trip from Night 5 to Night 2 -- one unit of fuel. Therefore, people who are suggesting something different are either:

--Tactix

You must have a time machine. I didn't know this stuff about it. Honestly because i dont have one. My PM didnt say anything about it. I don't have a particular target because everyone including the mafia is laying low. Its like there is no one to vote for. Since we dont have time, I would vote for someone who isn't posting. And if he is innocent, someone can save him.
Yay! right? So...

Unvote. Vote: Dmi
Fluffy Wuffy!
SapphireVerde
SapphireVerde
Goon
SapphireVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:32 am

Post by SapphireVerde »

SubtleTactix wrote:I keep seeing people talk about time fuel as if it costs one unit per day of trip, and when I read mathcam's rules and the townie PM, I think that may be an incorrect assumption. Based on the posted rules, it looks like a trip from Night 5 to Night 4 costs the same amount as a trip from Night 5 to Night 2 -- one unit of fuel. Therefore, people who are suggesting something different are either:

--Tactix

You must have a time machine. I didn't know this stuff about it. Honestly because i dont have one. My PM didnt say anything about it. I don't have a particular target because everyone including the mafia is laying low. Its like there is no one to vote for. Since we dont have time, I would vote for someone who isn't posting. And if he is innocent, someone can save him.
Yay! right? So...

Unvote. Vote: Dmi
Fluffy Wuffy!
SapphireVerde
SapphireVerde
Goon
SapphireVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:33 am

Post by SapphireVerde »

Sorry about posting it twice.......The computer was being weird again. :oops:
Fluffy Wuffy!
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:36 am

Post by Axelrod »

Um, DMI isn't even in this game anymore, remember? He was replaced by DragonSlayer. Seriously, you are not helping yourself here.
SapphireVerde
SapphireVerde
Goon
SapphireVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:04 am

Post by SapphireVerde »

oh God. My bad. Im sorry, Im getting my games mixed up. Forget that.
im in too many games with him.

unvote
even though that doesnt count.

vote: electra

she hasn't posted in a while.
Fluffy Wuffy!
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:50 am

Post by Mgm »

I would be willing to switch my vote to a lurker if it wouldn't mean putting my own ass on top of the vote count...
Show
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:53 am

Post by Mgm »

Oh wait, SV unvoted.
Unvote;
Vote: Electra
Show
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:30 am

Post by mathcam »

Official 6-hours-or-so-until-deadline Vote Count
:

Electra (3, MoS, Sapphire, Mgm)
Sapphire (2, Electra, Axelrod)
Mgm (1, Fuldu)
Dragon Slayer (1, Crola)

6 to lynch.

Cam
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:54 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

*sigh* I hate lurker hunts. More so, because I know that certain people *cough* Mastermind of Sin *cough* are away, and leaving votes to be exploited by the mafia later. Not cool, when we've got nothing solid on anyone and, unless I'm mistaken, two people tied at two votes.

Given that the deadline is in something like seven hours, I'll be back in less than that to place my vote.
To be Continued...
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:25 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Well, I've found Sapphire's comments to be the most incriminating. For one thing, she's claimed not to have a time machine and specifically pointed to her PM not saying anything. That seems both unnecessary and arguably a careless attempt to claim a useless role. Since we've all seen the townie PM and it clearly does state that they have a time machine, I think she's just babbling out whatever comes to mind. It's possible that there are powerful roles without any time travel capability, but that seems improbable given that even townies have a minor capability.

unvote: Mgm; vote: SapphireVerde
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Crola
Crola
Mafia Scum
Crola
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:16 pm

Post by Crola »

Fuldu wrote:Well, I've found Sapphire's comments to be the most incriminating. For one thing, she's claimed not to have a time machine and specifically pointed to her PM not saying anything. That seems both unnecessary and arguably a careless attempt to claim a useless role. Since we've all seen the townie PM and it clearly does state that they have a time machine, I think she's just babbling out whatever comes to mind. It's possible that there are powerful roles without any time travel capability, but that seems improbable given that even townies have a minor capability.

unvote: Mgm; vote: SapphireVerde
You beat me to this point, I was about to say that everyone has a time machine. Something is very fishy about Sapp.
I'm gonna
Unvote DS and Vote SapphireVerde

Her lack of deffense may be due to hew newness to the site, but still, this is way too fishy for me. Also, if she does turn out to be Town, we can always revive her.
Kun Lan:"Oops, I guess my trick didn't work on you."
Harman:"Tricks are for kids, Kun. I'm an old man."
~ Killer7
SapphireVerde
SapphireVerde
Goon
SapphireVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:07 pm

Post by SapphireVerde »

You know what. I just realized something. Go ahead and lynch me. You can save later. Since I'm betting you all will find out what i am, im going to tell you. I'm a back up doctor. I probably get my time machine when the doctor dies and thats when i become doctor. So go ahead, lynch me and save me later.
Fluffy Wuffy!
SapphireVerde
SapphireVerde
Goon
SapphireVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:08 pm

Post by SapphireVerde »

You know what. I just realized something. Go ahead and lynch me. You can save later. Since I'm betting you all will find out what i am, im going to tell you. I'm a back up doctor. I probably get my time machine when the doctor dies and thats when i become doctor. So go ahead, lynch me and save me later.
Fluffy Wuffy!
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:55 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Oy! Read the rules. If you are, in fact, a backup doctor, the rules suggest that we won't necessarily discover that upon your death. And, if you're scum, we won't necessarily discover that upon your death. So this just looks like a vague reverse of a typical scum backup doctor claim. On the one hand, she's hoping we won't lynch her. But on the other, she's hoping that if we do, since we likely won't know whether she's nurse or scum we'll go back and bring her back to life. Well, let me say right now, I don't think the second should happen unless we get stronger evidence than her word that she's a backup doc. And since this looks increasingly like a scum claim to me, I'm increasingly happy with my vote. If we want to put all our votes in one basket, people need to start removing their votes from other places or make a strong argument that I should remove mine. But I've already said I don't have nearly as big a problem with votes in multiple places as some of you have expressed.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”