(Credit and thanks to Nobody Special for letting me adapt this rule set. Modified for personal taste and flavor.)
1) This is a game. HAVE FUN.
2) I, as Your Moderator, have final say in everything. If I make a mistake, please send me a PM to discuss it. Votecount errors can be pointed out in the thread.
3) Anything in the thread that should draw my attention should be bolded, thus: @Mod, blah blah blah.
4) You may not talk about this game outside of this thread; exceptions are only when your Role PM allows it.
is my color. Do not use it, under penalty of Impersonating The Mod (which is modkillable; don't make me do it).
6) Posting in other colors is allowed.
7) Do not quote your Role PM or any other PM from Me. Likewise, do not quote from any outside communication.
8) Do not post in invisible text or tiny text. If I have to "Quote" your post to be able to read what you made small, I will Not Be Happy.
9) I will post votecounts no more often than once per page, or once per real-life day, whichever is less. If there's been a burst of activity, and I've not posted a votecount, feel free to send me a PM.
10) If you somehow have the ability to edit your post, do not. You will be modkilled and changed to neutral Survivor, thus handed a game loss. Due to the nature of the game, this will harm your faction in the way I see fit. (Generally, SKs and Mafia being modkilled will get a continuation of the Day, and a Town modkill will end it.)
10a) Flavor is flavor. Nothing in the flavor reflects Actual Game Mechanics. You are free to ignore the flavor (except, of course, that you'll hurt my feelings; I expect to spend a good deal of time creating flavor, and I think you should at least read it. However, it has no bearing on the game. At all.).
11) I do not (always) automagically prod players. If you would like a prod sent, ask in-thread. Prods will not, however, be sent until a player has not posted for over 72 hours.
12) If you are prodded: You must respond in-thread within 36 hours or you will be replaced. If you recieve three prods, I force replace you on the third.
13) Please don't be annoying, such as posting in l33t or ALL CAPS ALL THE TIME. (Unless your role demands it.) I may not modkill you, but I will probably will do something creative. Your post must communicate in some way (no code, alternate languages may happen due to wackiness).
14) Be respectful of each other and your mod. If I feel you are crossing a line, I may warn you or replace you or modkill you at my whim (and dependant on the behavior).
15) Votes MUST be bolded and MUST be at the beginning of the line that they are on (flush left, if that makes it clearer).
16) Notwithstanding Rule #15, if I think it's a vote, it's a vote. Be very clear of your intentions.
17) Unvoting is optional, but appreciated. If you choose to unvote, treat it as a vote.
Deadlines and actions and such
18) Days will have a two week deadline; extensions will rarely be granted, and then only in extenuating circumstances.
19) If activity severely lags, I may or may not institute a shorter Day deadline. You will have at least 72 hours notice should this happen.
20) After a lynch has been reached, there will be a twilight period that will last at least 24 hours. Anyone can talk during this period of time, including the lynched.
21) You will have 48 hours to submit your Night Actions each night. If you wish not to send a Night Action, let me know. Nights should last no longer than 72 hours; any extensions to Night will be posted in thread.
Death and other matters
22) No-lynch requires a simple majority.
23) If the required number of votes is not reached by deadline, there will be NO LYNCH.
24) Lynching requires a true majority of votes from the living players. Every votecount will have the number alive and the number required to lynch and no lynch.
25) Once a lynch has been reached, everyone may talk until I post the death scene.
26) If you are night-killed, you are allowed one "Bah!"-type post. No game-relevant content allowed.
27) I reserve the right to modify these rules if necessary. Any rule changes during the course of the game will be clearly announced in the thread.
28) Do not tempt The Mod. Do not annoy The Mod. Do not get The Mod wet, nor feed The Mod after midnight.
29) Do not admit to not having read The Rules. I get very, very upset about this. The rules are here for a reason. Read them, follow them, know them.
30) If you go on V/LA, the following ways to notify me are permitted: 1) Forum PMs. 2) In thread. I will do my level best to keep you in the game, but if the V/LA is going to be much more than a week, I may replace you.
31) This game is rated semi-bastard. I will not lie to you and your powers will work as intended, but this game has not be doublechecked for balance and could be swingy. (Also, weird stuff might happen.)
32) See Rule #1!
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer